Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: HUMID TIMES THREE  (Read 62598 times)

Ginny

Re:HUMID TIMES THREE
« Reply #210 on: August 07, 2007, 01:59:56 PM »

Where'd everybody go?  I was off in another window, trying to book reasonably priced flights for us for NYC and then someone stopped in my cube to visit for a bit.

Sad to be all alone in BK's living room...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #211 on: August 07, 2007, 02:03:40 PM »

Where'd everybody go?  I was off in another window, trying to book reasonably priced flights for us for NYC and then someone stopped in my cube to visit for a bit.

Sad to be all alone in BK's living room...

No one is alone (a Sondheim reference). :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #212 on: August 07, 2007, 02:03:58 PM »

Are we at 350000 yet?

Passed it!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #213 on: August 07, 2007, 02:10:29 PM »

No one is alone (a Sondheim reference). :D

Not for long, around here.  Hi, DRs George, Cillaliz, and TPunk!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: August 07, 2007, 02:13:28 PM »

Hi Ginny!   My headache wouldn't go away, so I went home around eleven and slept for over 2 1/2 hours.  I came back to work and have gotten a littel accomplished, not a lot as I would prefer.  I'm still a litte groggy but am feeling better.   I'm going to go home soon and make some homemade chicken and noodles.  That's bounds to help

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: August 07, 2007, 02:14:45 PM »

Today has been foggy/rainy/humid all day.  I think it finally rained a little, but it's been that in between stuff that I love when it's 60 degrees, but hate when it's in the 80s

Cillaliz

« Reply #216 on: August 07, 2007, 02:15:29 PM »

At least it's wet.  We needed rain so bad, now we're getting a week of it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: August 07, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »

Well, since my brain is just not interested in working today, I think I've done about all I can.    I'm really afraid I'm getting sick.  I just don't have time for that right now.   Luckily I only have one thing that HAS to be filed this week.   I still have some questions about it, but my gurus haven't responded to my email.   So, I think I'll call it a day and go make some chicken and noodles from scratch....well with frozen egg noodles

Tomovoz

« Reply #218 on: August 07, 2007, 02:22:45 PM »

Congratulations and happy tidings to to Mr McLaughlin & Mr Morelli
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #219 on: August 07, 2007, 02:24:16 PM »

DR Cillaliz - hope you feel better after some comfort food.  I'm about to go home, too, in 100o weather that they say feels like 113o  :P

It's supposed to stay in the 90's until next Wednesday.

Enough to make anybody sick.

Tomovoz

« Reply #220 on: August 07, 2007, 02:25:05 PM »

TOTD.  Last nights appertiser here was Deep Fried Camembert with spicy plum spice.

Quite possibly my favourite fried food.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #221 on: August 07, 2007, 02:25:55 PM »

I'll need to catch up later!

Car service day and a movie whilst we wait - "La Vie En Rose"
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #222 on: August 07, 2007, 02:28:23 PM »

I have some writing to do now. Then, downstairs for more Harry Potter and then DAMAGES.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #223 on: August 07, 2007, 02:40:24 PM »

Cilla-Don't get sick vibes!

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #224 on: August 07, 2007, 02:41:15 PM »

Of course, it's never simple with our casting guy, so he's made the "offer" to the good actor, but he's now is a casting session from three to nine - certainly I haven't gotten that kind of time from him.  I'm going to be discussing the situation at our production meeting, because frankly I'm tired of beating my head against the wall.  I get arguments about everything, and, unless I'm mistaken, this guy is working for ME and my show, not the other way around.  But, it doesn't help that he's casting eleven other NYMF shows - who knows where I am in his food chain, but I suspect at the bottom.  I also suspect that every time I give him a name, he pitches it to other shows.  Can't be sure, but boy, I gotta tell you.

And here we're in totally different shoes.  It's true Geoff Josselson is doing three NYMF shows including Such Good Friends but he's never been anything short of generous with his time and has been extremely reasonable about continuing with us beyond the time frame we'd initially gotten him for.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

FJL

« Reply #225 on: August 07, 2007, 03:02:18 PM »

Noel, is your DW Joy helping out with your casting or is Geoff doing it himself?  
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 03:02:39 PM by FJL »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #226 on: August 07, 2007, 03:16:59 PM »

I'm starving! And it's still over an hour til dinner time!

Ben

« Reply #227 on: August 07, 2007, 03:27:10 PM »

We already had dinner. Now we are going out for dessert to a tea shop in Gramercy Park!

Ben

« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2007, 03:27:56 PM »

FJL, Anthony is coming to Starfighter auditions on Thursday. Will you be there as well?

FJL

« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2007, 03:31:19 PM »

Ben - I won't be there on Thursday, but Skip will be.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #230 on: August 07, 2007, 04:04:17 PM »

All I can say is thank goodness for A/C. I grew up without it for much of my childhood, but I guess we just stood things back then. I certainly couldn't do it now. Just to open the front door to get the mail was ghastly - that rush of stifling hot air right in your face. Ugh!

And it's so unfair, but I slept with my windows open last night and pulled all my covers over me.  It never reached 60 here yesterday, although I'm fairly certain it's up to 64 today.

We've had some very unseasonably cool weather since Saturday...and I'm LOVIN' it!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2007, 04:04:43 PM »

I'm starving! And it's still over an hour til dinner time!

Eat a banana....nature's perfect food!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2007, 04:11:36 PM »

Back briefly before dinner.  Production meeting went very well - lots discussed and I love our design team and tech director.  I've got to say if I'd known how difficult NYMF was  in terms of not really helping and making everything a hurdle, I might not have done it.  But, we're here and we'll get through it.  You would be shocked to know of some of the things we have to deal with.  

And I walked in to find the AC unit not working.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2007, 04:17:45 PM »

der Brucer

Adolph Hitler was a hypocritical son-of-a-bitch as well as a monster: THE MERRY WIDOW was his favorite operetta so he overlooked composer Franz Lehar's Jewish wife.  However the two Jewish librettists and the original leading man all died in the camps.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #234 on: August 07, 2007, 04:24:38 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from Macy's...  DR Jason and I met up for a late lunch/early dinner.  I had the burger.  Jason did not have the salad.  ;)

And we split the Caramelized Banana Bread Pudding for dessert.  It was actually pretty good, although some extra whipped cream would have made it perfect.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #235 on: August 07, 2007, 04:27:59 PM »

Then I headed on down to Union Square to pick up some things at Trader Joe's.  Well, I found out that they don't carry what I was looking for, and they were out of the other things I was thinking of picking up.  So, I headed back uptown to Whole Foods... Which was also out of what I was looking for... So, I just headed on back to the apartment.  And here I am.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #236 on: August 07, 2007, 04:27:59 PM »

I haven't yet given Alejandro a try yet....instead I have been working out with Bollywood actor John Abraham and his workout DVD.

Holding the DVD close and fantasizing is not yoga, DR MBarnum!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #237 on: August 07, 2007, 04:28:43 PM »

Holding the DVD close and fantasizing is not yoga, DR MBarnum!

I believe he sleeps with it under his pillow.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #238 on: August 07, 2007, 04:32:14 PM »

bk - I have yet to hear what the time we are starting and stopping tomorrow.  And, technically, since it's less than 24-hours notice at this point, I'm only "required" to show up at the time I was given last week.  And, frankly, I'm not the one who should be calling the office.  Just sayin'.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #239 on: August 07, 2007, 04:33:04 PM »

Hmm... I'm watching "The Singing Bee" on Bravo... Hmm... -This show has dancers - ???
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up