Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: HUMID TIMES THREE  (Read 62629 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:HUMID TIMES THREE
« Reply #180 on: August 07, 2007, 11:48:06 AM »

Well... Now I'm heading to the post office and a few other places.  It took a while to get all my mail signed and sealed, now it's ready to be delivered.

DR JRand - I don't know how I lost track of it, but could you send me your snail address.  Again.

And now... Off into the heat and humidity.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: August 07, 2007, 11:48:44 AM »

Unfortunately, with the heat and humidity also come the mosquitos. I have five HUGE bites on my left calf. My calves are so big that a mosquito could live for YEARS off just one of them, but is it necessary to bite SO MANY times??

LOL. How do you know it was the same mosquito?

I was in the garden for all of 10 minutes the other day, talking to Marvelous Matt, and my left ankle is now ringed with bites. that's what I get for having exposed flesh.

FJL

« Reply #182 on: August 07, 2007, 11:51:21 AM »

So will the Wednesday night get-together, if any,  be after the theater rush, say 8-ish or so?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: August 07, 2007, 11:53:42 AM »

Kudos to both JASON and MICHAEL S for their respective weight losses. Our posts about food probably don't help!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: August 07, 2007, 12:01:57 PM »

Not sure what's happening later - my meeting ends at six and I can certainly meet for a drink because I'm not doing anything food-wise before eight.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: August 07, 2007, 12:02:57 PM »

I'm jiggy with a Joe Allen get-together post eight on Wednesday night - that would be grand.

And a very happy haineshisway.com anniversary to Ben and Ant.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #186 on: August 07, 2007, 12:05:58 PM »

DR George: According to the very soft-spoken man on the phone, "COMMITTED" means the book has been located at another branch and is being sent to my local one. Once the book is available for pick-up, the notice should change to "AVAILABLE" or "ON HOLD." Ya learn something new every day, I tell ya...

Our library system uses "In Transit" when an item is being sent from one library to another without a hold attached and "Transit Request," if there is a request for a patron.  Once it arrives at a branch, it changes to "Item being held." :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #187 on: August 07, 2007, 12:11:49 PM »

Our library system uses "In Transit" when an item is being sent from one library to another without a hold attached and "Transit Request," if there is a request for a patron.  Once it arrives at a branch, it changes to "Item being held." :)

My library uses the same system, DR George.  And things can be "Transit Request" for quite a while.

So, DR Jason, don't go out in the heat until it says "Item being held."  Or at least, call ahead.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #188 on: August 07, 2007, 12:15:13 PM »

TOD - I had the best fried clams at Avon Pavillion in Avon-by-the-Sea, New Jersey.  We spent a week in 1999 in a bed & breakfast in Ocean Grove, just a few towns up the shore from Avon.  That was a vacation I'd like to repeat - NOW.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jason

« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2007, 12:17:58 PM »

See? I knew it'd be a smart idea to check with you librarian types before I schlepped over there!

DR Michael Shayne: Congrats to you and best of luck with continued success. I am hovering right around your goal weight right now and I could stand to lose another 10-15 lbs., as well. I started out with a 36-inch waist and am now down to a 30, which is the smallest I can recall being in my adult life.If you find yourself getting stuck in a plateau, look into joining Weight Watchers. It's a very easy plan, allowing you to eat whatever foods you want, and I'd venture to say it's cheaper as you don't have to buy any pre-prepared foods. They've worked wonders for me! Still, stick with what works for you. Doesn't matter how it comes off, as long as it continues to come off for as long as you want it to... :)

Well, I must finish getting myself ready to meet DR Jose at Macy's for a loverly salad. I haven't eaten a thing today (bad Jason!), so I am much looking forward to it...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 12:19:31 PM by Jason »

MBarnum

« Reply #190 on: August 07, 2007, 12:21:16 PM »

Oh, DR MBarnum, Alejandro and I are very happy together. So far I've only done the half class workout... Once the weather cools off, I'll start with the full class.

How is YOUR yoga going?? ;)

I haven't yet given Alejandro a try yet....instead I have been working out with Bollywood actor John Abraham and his workout DVD.

George

« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2007, 12:21:29 PM »

Here is a fun new website where you can watch hundreds of old tv shows and movies on-line for free. Boston Blackie, Dragnet, Clutch Cargo, Studio One, old Dumont network shows, etc, etc....even vintage commercials...check it out...there are 42 different channels.

http://www.tv4u.com/index.asp

I can't wait to check this out at home.  I can't now...I'm at work. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2007, 12:25:20 PM »

I have to go to lunch now, so I won't be around for it, but look  In only FIVE more posts (after this one), we'll have a new total milestone!!:

Jason

« Reply #193 on: August 07, 2007, 12:27:33 PM »

DR MBarnum: You could always try a Abraham/Alejandro sandwich. Be sure to stay hydrated. ;)

Here's a sad, sad FAMILY FEUD moment that I just heard on the telly:

Question: "What has a face?"
Contestant's answer: "A dream!"
Her family/team: "GOOD ANSWER!!!"

WHAT!?!?!?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 12:28:48 PM by Jason »

Ben

« Reply #194 on: August 07, 2007, 12:31:45 PM »

Ah, yes. Since they moved Family Feud to 3pm I don't watch it anymore. It used to be on from 4-5 on Channel 5 here in NYC but Channel 9 (My 9) took the strip and decided 3pm is a better time slot. I miss those dumb answers. I think if you don't say "Good Answer" you can't get on the show  ;)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 12:32:30 PM by Ben »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: August 07, 2007, 12:34:11 PM »

We now have an offer out to the actor I really liked yesterday, because after talking to the actor we first offered it to (which I'll tell you about later), it became very apparent that it was too much of a nightmare logistically for him to do it.  Of course, it's never simple with our casting guy, so he's made the "offer" to the good actor, but he's now is a casting session from three to nine - certainly I haven't gotten that kind of time from him.  I'm going to be discussing the situation at our production meeting, because frankly I'm tired of beating my head against the wall.  I get arguments about everything, and, unless I'm mistaken, this guy is working for ME and my show, not the other way around.  But, it doesn't help that he's casting eleven other NYMF shows - who knows where I am in his food chain, but I suspect at the bottom.  I also suspect that every time I give him a name, he pitches it to other shows.  Can't be sure, but boy, I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: August 07, 2007, 12:37:15 PM »

I guess I shall now be on my way to the production meeting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: August 07, 2007, 12:37:48 PM »

Probably want to discuss the "situation" with the general managers before everyone else comes in the room.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #198 on: August 07, 2007, 12:48:02 PM »

...So walking around in my leather costume shouldn't be as terrible as it was last night.
Visions of Glenn Hughes are dancing in my head.   ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #199 on: August 07, 2007, 12:49:38 PM »

Are we at 350000 yet?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2007, 01:04:55 PM »

Happy Anniversary to DR BEN & ANT!!  [/size]

DR elmore, I'm pleased you are feeling better.   :)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #201 on: August 07, 2007, 01:08:59 PM »

I'm glad you are feeling better, DR Elmore.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

« Reply #202 on: August 07, 2007, 01:09:54 PM »

DR Michael S CONGRATULATIONS on loosing 66 pounds!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #203 on: August 07, 2007, 01:15:59 PM »

but on the plus side, I just had the best brussel sprouts I've ever had in my life...and I LOVE me some brusssel sprouts!
Deep fried Brussel sprouts... gonna have to think about that one.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #204 on: August 07, 2007, 01:20:36 PM »

We enjoyed THE CLOSER last night, good episode.

BIG SPOILER!!!!!

That was one of the most romantic proposals I have ever seen.

The doctor may be good, but she doesn't have the best bedside manner-keeps the show moving though. ;D

Jane

« Reply #205 on: August 07, 2007, 01:21:28 PM »

I have closets to clean & organize, and loads of other work.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #206 on: August 07, 2007, 01:25:48 PM »

All I can say is thank goodness for A/C. I grew up without it for much of my childhood, but I guess we just stood things back then. I certainly couldn't do it now. Just to open the front door to get the mail was ghastly - that rush of stifling hot air right in your face. Ugh!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #207 on: August 07, 2007, 01:32:19 PM »

I finished the last three episodes of THE TICK. Not a bad little cartoon show and like ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE, kids can watch it on one level and adults on another (but, of course, it doesn't have a quarter of the brains of ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE).

One episode in particular was hilarious. A prize dolphin is kidnapped from a Sea World-type theme park, and it's up to the Tick to rescue it. Turns out, the dolphin engineered its own escape and now goes by the name of Mr. Fin. He speaks a la Kirk Douglas. I was laughing my head off all through this 22 minute episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #208 on: August 07, 2007, 01:34:27 PM »

Next, I watched Cría Cuervos, the first of three Criterion sets I got yesterday. It's a strange, meditative piece made in 1975 about a little girl who thinks she has the power over life and death. Geraldine Chaplin stars as the little girl grown up and also as her deceased mother. Her Spanish is beautiful.

Matt H.

« Reply #209 on: August 07, 2007, 01:35:49 PM »

I'll watch the special features on disc 2 in the set tomorrow. To conclude the afternoon, I began watching HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS. Several things that happen in HALF BLOOD PRINCE trace back to the CHAMBER OF SECRETS, so I wanted to see it again.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up