Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: OVERTIRED  (Read 64071 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:OVERTIRED
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2007, 10:55:42 AM »

OK, back to packing and moving and dusting and sneezing...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2007, 11:03:46 AM »

Ron Raines and I have been playing phone and shoe tag since Dec 26, 2006.  Every year, when asked what I want for Christmas, I ask for a pair of sturdy British shoes, and this year - between his concerts, family, and THE GUIDING LIGHT and my calendar - we never find a time to arrive at the shoe store on Broadway and 83rd.  The last time he tried to drag me there was the day I returned from unpacking the new office, so fatigued and pained that we rebooked.  Yesterday he tried to set it up and I was in a meeting about 3 different jobs all afternoon, but I said I was free today.  We just met at Harry's Shoes to find it closed on Sundays in August.  He left me screaming on the corner of 83rd and Broadway, "I'll never get my shoes! Never!"
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2007, 11:07:50 AM »

.. 3/4ths of my cookbooks...

Why not the whole books?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2007, 11:09:08 AM »

I've been in the monority...

Shucks, I've been in the moronity!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2007, 11:12:46 AM »

Add another leaf to the table -- our HHW NYC Reunion is going to be some kind of major soiree with the crowd that is gathering!  Closing night is gonna rock!

The Irish Lass looking pleased:

der Brucer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2007, 11:20:21 AM »

Just a quick hello.  For the first time in years I have eaten a home made blintz-oh my it was tasty.

Craig is currently sorting through his stuff now & Bryan is checking if he has anything mixed with with Craig's things.  Ioana has taken over Bryan's elementary school sweatshirt I had saved.  It looks cute on her,.

Keith's mother is in the hospital with a cracked vertebrae.   The emergency room doctor is spending more time trying to figure out why she has had vertigo most of her life.  She declined an MRI.  She is having an ultrasound this morning.  We talked to her just before the test & she sounded much, much better than she did last night & in less pain.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2007, 11:21:41 AM »

Since I'm only posting & not reading, someone please send me an email if Dakota posts.

Bruce, email when you have news of the actress.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2007, 11:24:21 AM »

For possible discussion:

Have you ever gone to see a play or a musical (no movies allowed) where you absolutely hated every minute of it; even though everyone around you seemed to think it was a masterpiece?

Why no movies, TCB?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2007, 11:27:12 AM »

The "Quick and Easy" ones  .. I'm not much of a cook (DS Case just snickered as DR Jose just gasped) so if it has more than 5 ingredients and more than one SMALL paragraph of directions, I pass...or let DH do it -- he's the cook (and a good one) of the family ...

I bet you're one of those "layered" types.  ;)

Miss Karen

« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2007, 11:30:17 AM »

The Irish Lass looking pleased:

der Brucer

Yes, I'm most pleased -- The Brain (AND Boo-Key) on a stage on Theatre Row in NYC, getting to meet a bunch of the HHWers, a bunch of shows to see, a bunch of soirees to attend -- priceless!

Miss Karen

« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2007, 11:34:47 AM »

I bet you're one of those "layered" types.  ;)

The store-bought-frozen-pop-it-in-the-oven type (I just blew it -- DR Jose will never want to marry me now...)

.... or order-it-at-the-restaurant type (even easier!!)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2007, 11:35:48 AM »

Back in the days when I actually cooked, I generally turned to The Joy of Cooking. Such a great all-purpose cookbook! A virtual encyclopedia.

Miss Karen

« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2007, 11:38:03 AM »

DR Miss Karen - "Gourmet's Five Ingredients: More Than 175 Easy Recipes for Every Day" cookbook would be a worthy addition to your culinary library.

Now, that's what I'm talking about! (and there's plenty of room for it on MY culinary library shelf...)

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2007, 11:46:45 AM »

I was wondering if you would! Well, Der B and Miss K in the same place...I'm glad I'll be there to witness it!

Where will we find a place to have dinner before the show? Can we make reservations at John's Pizza for, oh, say...30?

We will have to have to see how many of us there will be at some point.  It's sounding more fun all the time.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2007, 11:51:21 AM »

Hmmm I think I have The Joy of Cooking around here somewhere....I'm going to have to start using it

Cillaliz

« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2007, 11:52:15 AM »

sounds like you're having a good time, DR Jane.

Miss Karen

« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2007, 11:56:12 AM »

That's okay, DR Miss Karen.  I suspect you love the show for two reasons: your Bookey was involved and you were drunk on your ass at the bar. :-*

Couple of typos -- should read: "drunk on my ass ON the bar FLOOR" ... (I would have already fallen off the stool laughing my ass off ... ;)

(Actually, I have not seen it yet -- it was such a roller coaster of when he would or wouldn't be onstage in it, that I could never lock in on a date to see it in LA or NYC -- I'll book a flight to NYC or drive 6 1/2 hours to LA when there's a guarantee -- that's why I'm gonna be in the Acorn for every performance of The Brain during my week in NYC...)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2007, 11:59:52 AM »

Otherwise, nothing else on broadcast TV to interest me tonight.

What? Are you giving up on Damages?

der Brucer

Miss Karen

« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2007, 12:04:17 PM »

Did I really misspell it?  Spoo!

Again, I was clowning around -- I don't think you spelled it wrong -- I was just assuming you'd want to spell it with the "sick" after your review (it was actually some other HHWer, maybe DR td, who made the joke about the "sick" spelling the other day) ...

The day I was mad at them, and the Miss My Sister's Wedding actor-guy, for taking the Aug. 11th gig back, I was spelling it:

BOOKOWSICAL ! (so there are many ways to spell it)

Miss Karen

« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2007, 12:07:43 PM »

I spy Case, I mean, the Lawyer in Bukowsical !!  How did it go with the Sunday Bar, I mean, Brunch crowd today, Buddy-Bear?

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2007, 12:09:41 PM »

Hello all -- back from the matinee.  

Had about 140 people there this afternoon, which in a 200-person venue isn't bad for an afternoon show.  

The show itself did hit the ol' 2nd performance slump - energy was all over the place and people weren't really focused.  

The lawyer bit hit though - and I'm glad to have made my "unofficial" official NY debut (I'm saving my official NY debut for the Brain).  So, all is well here in NY.  We have the afternoon and tomorrow off - thank God!
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Miss Karen

« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2007, 12:14:17 PM »

and dusting and sneezing...

Me, too, as I also brush away the cobwebs on my culinary library shelf as I make way for my new cookbook from DR Jose ...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 12:15:55 PM by Miss Karen »

FJL

« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2007, 12:14:24 PM »

I submitted my trivia guesses, but now I'm wondering if I was totally off-base about the question regarding the "well-publicized bad luck incident."  Are we allowed to submit more than one set of answers?  And what's the deadline this week?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2007, 12:15:16 PM »

I've done a small grocery shopping (literally six items) and now I'm back home listening to CDs, and shall watch a movie or three at some point, probably more films noir as they're all very short.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2007, 12:16:01 PM »

Hello, Arnold M. Brockman, father of Craig Brockman, the latter who is being a very, very bad boy right now and who I shall bitch-slap from here to eternity and hell and back when I am next in the city.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2007, 12:16:51 PM »

Deadline is Monday midnight, or, to put it another way, midnight Monday.  I'll go see if your answers are correct, FJL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2007, 12:18:15 PM »

And FJL, you were right about the Roller Derby logo - oy and vey.  And I especially like the "A New Musical" for a show that's been around for twenty years.

FJL

« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2007, 12:25:12 PM »

Re the Roller Derby logo, they seem to be clever and have a handle on what they're doing in trying to identify a potentially profitable segment of the audience (straight men).  It's certainly eye-catching.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2007, 12:35:40 PM »

Hi Everyone. I must admit that I have been a lurker but now I hope to post again.
Can anyone inform me if it is worth to purchase the Canadian TV show SLINGS AND ARROWS? It is now available on DVD.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2007, 12:42:24 PM »

Just got an e-mail from our costume designer - she's resigning from the project as she doesn't feel comfortable with the "scope" and "commitment" of the show and has too much on her plate, design-wise, for the fall.  Wish she'd have said that weeks ago, really, but, oh, well.  Now we're on the hunt for another costume designer - since costumes, lighting, and sets all came from the same place and as a team, I'm praying this doesn't impact the other two people - since I've gotten rough design ideas from the set gal and since the lighting guy is her fiance, hopefully we'll be okay.  I wonder if NYMF is ever actually easy, or if I'm just blessed.  It's the problem of staffing a show over the phone without actually meeting the people.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up