Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Down

Author Topic: TILT-A-WHIRL  (Read 96815 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:TILT-A-WHIRL
« Reply #510 on: August 16, 2007, 11:15:44 PM »

Today's title describes my life as of late
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Miss Karen

« Reply #511 on: August 16, 2007, 11:18:01 PM »

DCelt ~ The HHWer message sending people kicked back my message: "the box wasn't accepting any more messages" -- "try again later"

Miss Karen

« Reply #512 on: August 16, 2007, 11:20:40 PM »

DRs Cason and FJL ~ What are you guys doing up so late -- like father like son?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #513 on: August 16, 2007, 11:22:09 PM »

try again...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Miss Karen

« Reply #514 on: August 16, 2007, 11:23:15 PM »

I'm not even on NYC time, and I'm sleepy. So good night all you Night Owls ...

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #515 on: August 16, 2007, 11:24:27 PM »

Today's title describes my life as of late

Well, hopefully things will settle for you.  :(  Sorry to hear you've been having a rough go of things here lately.
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

FJL

« Reply #516 on: August 16, 2007, 11:26:50 PM »

Don't worry, Kar - I assume I can call you Kar after all that I'm denying we've been thorugh.  Because I care so much, I've ensconced myself here on 43rd between 9th and 10th where I can keep an eye on little Case.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #517 on: August 16, 2007, 11:27:23 PM »

nn miss karen!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #518 on: August 16, 2007, 11:28:25 PM »

I suspect Case will be well supervised and kept on the straight and narrow....

FJL

« Reply #519 on: August 16, 2007, 11:29:06 PM »

Jose just said oh, darn.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #520 on: August 16, 2007, 11:29:06 PM »

FJL is such a charming and upstanding fellow!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #521 on: August 16, 2007, 11:29:32 PM »

Thanks Cason...

FJL

« Reply #522 on: August 16, 2007, 11:33:35 PM »

Vibes for dakota

Miss Karen

« Reply #523 on: August 16, 2007, 11:35:48 PM »

Don't worry, Kar - I assume I can call you Kar after all that I'm denying we've been thorugh.  Because I care so much, I've ensconced myself here on 43rd between 9th and 10th where I can keep an eye on little Case.

Or Sharon, or Shar ...

Miss Karen

« Reply #524 on: August 16, 2007, 11:37:16 PM »

This time I mean it .. Nighty-night!

FJL

« Reply #525 on: August 16, 2007, 11:39:31 PM »

Good night, Miss Karen.  I'll never forget the first time I said that - love was in full flower, and you were wearing an ode de cologne by Cocoa Chanel.

FJL

« Reply #526 on: August 16, 2007, 11:40:12 PM »

I mean, oif course, the first time I didn't say that - close call!

Miss Karen

« Reply #527 on: August 16, 2007, 11:43:54 PM »

you were wearing an ode de cologne by Cocoa Chanel.

That is why you are so fond of chocolate to this day...

it reminds you of Paris .. of me ... of little Case (Cocoa is his middle name..)...

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #528 on: August 16, 2007, 11:51:23 PM »

Well, we are 99.9% sure that "Bukowsical!" is going to be extended (possibly 3 shows - one on Sunday, two on Monday) - the Fringe people wanted to make sure the cast could do it, and additionally they just wanted to get their ducks in a row.

Nadia, one of our women, has to be back in LA for a big "Jersey Boys" audition on Monday, so she is not going to be able to do it - so Jennifer, our female understudy will get to step in there.

Matt, one of our guys, has been MIA all day.  They called and texted and e-mailed him about the meeting, but they never heard from him - and upon further investigation, his roommates have also been looking for him all day.  So, we'll see if he is/isn't dying in a gutter somewhere and if he is/isn't going to be able to do it.  

Should he not be able to, obviously I'll go in for him in those last three shows - and even if he stays, they are going to give me one performance in place of Ian, one of our other guys.  The only thing is we aren't sure which performance that might be.  

So - that's the latest and greatest here at "Bukowsical!"

Congratulations, Cason!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #529 on: August 16, 2007, 11:54:49 PM »

(For Miss Karen - an ode to Paris, with apologies to Hamlisch and the Bergmans)

Memories light the corners of Paree
Misty Cotton-candy memories of the way we  ___
Scattered pictures of the flowers kept by me
And the chocolate mousse half-eaten
From the way we ___

Canapes were really oh so simple then
Or has Tom rewritten ev'ry line
If we had the chance to do it all again
Would we Sharon,
I mean, Karen

Paris was so beautiful and yet
I'm too cheap to pay the sublet
So i choose to forget

So it's the cheapness
We will remember
Whenever we remember
The way we  _____

ROTFLMAO!!  That's hysterical!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jason

« Reply #530 on: August 16, 2007, 11:58:20 PM »

Hey Jason --
Any other places than the Eugene O'Neill to get a Spring Awakening poster?  
Heather is quite fond of the show - and I was thinking about getting a poster and hanging around the stage door one night and seeing if I could get some autographs...

Actually, you can get the SPRING AWAKENING windowcards at almost any of the souvenir shops, I would think. Triton Gallery in the Film Center building on 9th Avenue (between 44th & 45th) is THE place to get theatre windowcards if you're in the know (and they charge the same price as we do at the theatre). However...a friend of mine works PR for that show. I could ask him to get the cast to sign a windowcard for you - possibly for free. If he can't arrange it, I could at the very least arrange to get you a poster for $10, seeing how the company I work for also does the merch for SPRING AWAKENING. How soon would you need it?

Jason

« Reply #531 on: August 17, 2007, 12:11:11 AM »

I just sent a MySpace message to my friend about the SPRING AWAKENING windowcard. I'll let you know his response when he gets back to me. :)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Up