Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FIRST DAY OF REHEARSALS  (Read 71358 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE FIRST DAY OF REHEARSALS
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2007, 07:07:26 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to DR TCB!!

May you have a lovely day!

singdaw

« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2007, 07:10:14 AM »

Flap over Grease ad from yesterday.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2007, 07:11:43 AM »

Happy and pain free birthday wishes to DR TCB!!!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jennifer

« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2007, 07:12:30 AM »

DR Cillaliz re: your comments about dick (BIG BROTHER).

No disrespect to you, but i find your feelings to be pretty similar to most of America.  They like dick a lot, think he is funny.

I'm sorry but it just really bugs me.

Dick has not been accurately portrayed (or at least a ton of really bad stuff has been left out).

HE has threatened jen repeatedly (i do not find this funny). He threatened to rape and torture jen, dustin and carol.

It just disturbs me so much that he can abuse people and the general public does not get to see this. CBS has edited him like a fun hero. And it's just totally sick.

And i personally do not see how anybody could think jen is a crybaby.

She was abused and basically tortured.  Would you be able to not eat if you felt that bad.  The Diaryroom told her she could destroy dick's cigarettes. Yet when she did they gave him new ones. She felt (whether right or wrong) that they were lying to her. And that coupled with all the venom shot her way ... made her decide to screw with them.  I actually like jen the best of all the HGs. ANd think she is quite admirable for being able to take all dick's crap.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 07:13:26 AM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2007, 07:12:43 AM »

Happy Birthday DR TCB.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2007, 07:12:44 AM »

I'm a bit confused by one of der Brucer's pet stories. DerB, you didn't notice that your son was wearing a boa constrictor around his neck until you got to the check-out counter? No one else noticed, either? No one said anything? I've witnessed people being out to lunch, but somehow I think someone would have noticed. Was something said AT the check-put counter? Like, "Excuse me, but is that a live boa constrictor around your neck?"

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2007, 07:16:37 AM »

TOD:

When I was a little girl I had a pet hamster. One day the hamster escaped from his cage (while we were cleaning it?), and found his way down into the furnace, which was set into the floor. It was a big production as my father attempted--successfully--to get said animal out of the furnace.

Somehow, such things seem almost commonplace to me now.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2007, 07:21:55 AM »

And here is a shot from their big OPENING NUMBER, "Udderly Glad to See You!":

I think this photo might rival DR JASON's.

Does anything ever think what this site must be like to someone new? I mean, some days it's just lots of talk about theatre and films and such. But SOME days, well!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2007, 07:23:58 AM »

It's neat that BK ran into Jackie Mason. BK was a big fan of his in high school and was FOREVER telling Jackie Mason jokes.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2007, 07:39:08 AM »

Good morning Hainsies and Kimlets!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2007, 07:39:48 AM »

Rehearsal vibes for the Brain!!

Stress free vibes for bk!!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ben

« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2007, 07:41:36 AM »

Even though it's not Wednesday I do want to ask Cil how things are in Sioux City. Every day this week there have been stories about the floods in the Midwest including southern Minnesota (I have no family there, everyone is in the suburbs of Minneapolis) and lots of areas in Iowa. I know you've been having lots of rain but are you in danger of flooding also? Inquiring minds want to know.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2007, 07:42:05 AM »

The latest iPhone snafu!

I had heard that. What a waste of paper!

I still think iphones are going to fall flat due to some security issues I have read about and its not being available in all areas.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2007, 07:42:40 AM »

DR elmore3003, good morning!   I listened to Ron Raines's So in Love with Broadway on my way to work this morning, which has several contributions by you.  He has such a wonderful ring in his voice!

He is a good actor and I have enjoyed watching him in the past.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2007, 07:46:52 AM »

Good morning.

I second DR LAURA's question: does BJ have ANY IDEA what he's in for?

I up that question to a third person...

Edisaurus

« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2007, 07:46:55 AM »

TOD:
The place where I edited our gardening show was a little cottage in the woods, behind a large house where the producer lived. It was quiet and peaceful until someone built an enormous (4 or 5 story) house behind the cottage. Then the family, with the college-aged son moved in. He used to invite his friends over and they liked to shoot bottle rockets at the cottage.

The producer's dog was afraid of loud noises---thunder, firecrackers, etc. so one day, after a large volley of firecrackers, Deion the pitbull was so frightened he took off and kept running and got totally lost.

We looked for him all week---drove around calling for him, put up flyers, talked to neighbors, but he had just vanished!

The following week we got a phone call from some people who had found him. He was over a mile from the house, lost and scared, and they picked him up in their car. (They didn't live in the neighborhood but were passing through.) They were leaving that day for vacation and didn't know how to find his owner, so they took him on vacation with them and their other dog. So while we were frantically looking for him, Deion was in the mountains hiking, eating chicken Mcnuggets and enjoying his vacation!

When they returned from their trip they drove through the area where they found him and saw our flyers. They called and arranged to drop him off. They wanted to wait until evenig so the husband could say goodbye to him. (If they hadn't found his owner they planned to keep him.) The husband actually cried when he had to leave Deion so we told him he could have "visitation rights" whenever he wanted.

So there's a GOOD pitbull story for you!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2007, 08:00:10 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

;D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2007, 08:00:42 AM »

DR "Larry" Elmore:

;D

LOL!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2007, 08:02:45 AM »

Will we never get to page two?

Maybe.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2007, 08:03:20 AM »

I will single-handedly take us to page two.

I kind of doubt that.

Matt H.

« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2007, 08:03:55 AM »

It's too late to take us to page two all by my lonesome.

See what I mean?

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2007, 08:05:50 AM »

I can't think of any animal stories other then the time I had a roomate back in the 1980s who had a pet tarantula that escaped from his cage a few times. Finding him crawling about different parts of the townhouse days later was...well, thinking about it still gives me the creeps.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2007, 08:06:27 AM »

TOTD

I have a few...

My grandmother had a couple of curious dogs... Bob, an Australian BlueHeeler, who used to try and herd peoples shadows.  Duke, flat coated retreiever and some shepherd breed, was used to pull a wagon.

Buff... a mini poo/schnauzer had an affinity for grapes and went bonkers when you bought some.  He also LOVED the blowdryer and when I would blowdry my hair he would sit at my feet waiting for blast.

Ace (Norwegian Wood cat) loved to torment the dogs and the neighborhood dogs were terrified of him.  He liked to attack male dogs in a strategic location. He was a BIG cat and loved to hog the bed.

My mother's present dog, Mollie, a toy poo, is an interesting dog. She bangs her kennel when her dish is empty and is a cheese fiend. She hates baths but if you ask her if she wants to go for a ride, she goes bonkers.

I once co-owned a qaurter horse with my freind Sandy and her brother Keith. Dakota Bar Jack of all Trades was not a very good horse for attempting to compete in barrel racing. However he was a sweet horse to ride with a great disposition and after competition Sandy used him as a therapy horse. He was a very laid back horse.  However that is not the whole story..... When we first got Jack as he was called for short,  Matt Ashford was still on Search for Tomorrow and we used to watch religiously. Sandy's brother had a thing for Jane Krakowski. After SFT folded, Matt eventually ended up on Days, Keith in one of his quirky moods and just to annoy his sister and I placed a photo of Matt aka Jack in Jack's stall and it hung there until they had to put Jack down a few years ago.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2007, 08:06:33 AM »

See what I mean?

Your post-prescience abilities are astounding, DR MattH.

You should go into an internet business giving readings!

;D

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2007, 08:08:53 AM »

Good morning!

Another hot one - 98 if the weather forecast in the newspaper is to be believed. What an uncomfotable August this has been. (But July was cooler than the norm, so I AM grateful for that.)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2007, 08:10:48 AM »

TOTD

I have a few...

My grandmother had a couple of curious dogs... Bob, an Australian BlueHeeler, who used to try and herd peoples shadows.  Duke, flat coated retreiever and some shepherd breed, was used to pull a wagon.

Cool.  But what were they curious about?  :)

Ace (Norwegian Wood cat) loved to torment the dogs and the neighborhood dogs were terrified of him.  He liked to attack male dogs in a strategic location.

Did he set up ambushes by a popular fire hydrant?

;)

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2007, 08:11:10 AM »

Happiest of Birthdays to the wonderful TCB!!!!

Have a great day!

Edisaurus

« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2007, 08:11:12 AM »

Heat index of 103 here today...blehhhh..

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2007, 08:11:39 AM »

Good morning!

Another hot one - 98 if the weather forecast in the newspaper is to be believed. What an uncomfotable August this has been. (But July was cooler than the norm, so I AM grateful for that.)

Gosh!  I don't quite know how to commiserate with you.

Our marine layer returned overnight.  Today's high is expected to top out at F 70 degrees.

Sigh.

Matt H.

« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2007, 08:12:03 AM »

Your post-prescience abilities are astounding, DR MattH.

You should go into an internet business giving readings!

;D

It IS amazing, isn't it!

8)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up