Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NYMF NIGHTMARE  (Read 33678 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE NYMF NIGHTMARE
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2007, 12:39:31 AM »

PENNY'S PAGE TWO DANCE!!

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2007, 12:39:48 AM »

In any case, now that BK has explained the "technical difficulties"...

While sitting in the lounge of Theatre Row, Shawn and I - and Brad and Diego - were entertained by the number of tech guys running in and out of the lobby with various laptops.  Sometimes a Mac.. Some a PC running Windows 2000... A PC running Windows Vista... "Can you try to e-mail me the files?"... "Oh, it's not compatible with this version of the software"... etc., etc., etc.  :-\

If anything, it provided a nice window of time for the four of us to have a nice pre-show chat and catch-up session.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 12:42:59 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2007, 12:44:06 AM »

Well, I must be going to sleep.  I want to go into work for a couple of hours before I head to North Bend...and the directions that I printed out are at work, so I need to go there to get them, anyway.  

Good night, all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2007, 12:44:28 AM »

...And when we headed down at intermission, there were a group of NYMF people convened in one of the couch areas.  And they were giving off that "please stay away from us so you don't hear us" vibe.  Hopefully, it turns out to be a productive meeting.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2007, 12:45:11 AM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2007, 12:58:29 AM »

As for worst mishap on stage, hmm...

Well, the first incident that comes to mind happened the during the previews of Lestat.  The opening of the show was just not working, and they tried a couple of options.  The one option that seemed to work the best during rehearsals was finally instituted one night.  Since there were a lot of lighting and automation cues, they had set up a click-track so that everything would coordinate.  Well...

We're all sitting there waiting for the lights to go down, and to see if the new opening worked.  The lights go down, we hear the pre-show announcement, and the conductor's cue light goes off - which is the signal for the start of the show.  As soon as the first downbeat was given... We start hearing the click-track counting down in our headphones.. "1 - 2 - 3 - 4"... I looked over at the other keyboard player who was also on headphones, and I could that we were both wondering if we should start again... Or if they were going to go ahead and stop the show a few measures in just to make sure we got the opening correct... In the meantime, the conductor is conducting up a storm... Then we notice him look up at the stage... Then we hear the click track change tempe... Then we all notice the conductor just looking around wondering what to do... Realizing that he had jumped the gun...  So, we finish the Opening Sequence, and sure enough, the cue light starts blinking on the podium - which is the signal to pick up the stage management phone.  And, even thought we couldn't hear what was being said, just following the looks on Brad's face for those couple of moments was, well, for lack of a better word, priceless.

*And I believe he bought the drinks for the band that night.  :)

**And we never did try that version of the opening in front of an audience.

***And the following night, the other keyboard player and I who were on closed circuit cameras up on the seventh floor made big signs that we held up to the conductor's camera:  "1 - 2 - 3 - 4".
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2007, 01:00:41 AM »

Hmmmm, that is interesting...

ETA: removed the other comment of the site not coming up after I finally got it to come up... Gotta love dailup somedays....  SIGH!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 01:04:37 AM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2007, 01:01:55 AM »

I guess that was more of a pit mishap rather than a stage mishap, but...

During the closing weekend of the show, when we had to switch out Lestat's during intermission since Hugh was sick...  We got to the ending sequence of the show, where we played this brief "falling music".  We played it.  Then got cued to play it again.  Pregnant pause.  Then play it again.  And again, but holding the last note for a while...

Turns out, since they had gotten the understudy prepped very fast during intermission, they weren't able to secure his wig fully, so it started falling off his head.... And since the mic was sewn into the wig... Well...  The actor eventually tore the wig off in order to finish the show.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2007, 01:03:18 AM »

Hmmmm, that is interesting... I could not get it to come either

???
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2007, 01:09:20 AM »

I had troubles getting the initial article to come up and my browser kept saying the page did not exist.  

I did edit it to reflect taht..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2007, 01:12:55 AM »

Lockout?

Three guesses which side I'm on!

der Brucer

Feather bedding should always be accompanied with tar!
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2007, 01:16:08 AM »

I have a funny feeling all heck is about to break loose

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2007, 01:18:54 AM »

IMHO,  it will hurt everyone  outside of the producers including the musicians, actors and theatre goers.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2007, 01:24:47 AM »

I apologize if I offended you Jose, it was not my intention...

Pleaseant dreams everyone...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2007, 01:27:39 AM »

I apologize if I offended you Jose, it was not my intention...

Pleaseant dreams everyone...

You didn't.  I just didn't see the post about the article not coming up, so I got a little confused.  That's all.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2007, 01:35:06 AM »

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2007, 01:39:41 AM »

...Since "the roomie" has a new bed being delivered tomorrow morning "sometime"... Of course, she's currently out of town this week for a wedding, so...  -But she did say we could leave it in the hallway... Hmm...  -And I'm also wondering if she told the delivery people that there are steps to deal with, since many delivery places charge extra for bringing large items up a set of stairs...  Well... We'll see...

Did she bother to ascertain whether or not one of you would be so kind as to "be home" when the bed arrived? An expert Passive-Aggressive might consider having it set up in the back yard 8)

der Brucer
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 02:09:53 AM by DERBRUCER »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2007, 02:30:29 AM »

Is Singdaw having technical problems?

The 4AM follies is over an hour late!

der Brucer

singdaw

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2007, 02:53:59 AM »

DR dB - I was thinking of changing things up and doing a Folderol this morning instead.  ;)

Since I was I was up very late last night - way past my normal bedtime - singing Kol Nidre services, I'm giving myself a break this morning.  And I'll be E&T most of today.  We'll start at 9:00 AM and finish up at 7:00 or 7:30 PM.

Oy!    :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 03:11:26 AM by singdaw »

singdaw

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2007, 03:03:48 AM »

I love the poster for DR PennyO's show...did she do the artwork, I wonder?

singdaw

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2007, 03:07:20 AM »

Sorry about the sound problems at The Brain.  It sounds like you really can't count on NYMF for anything [except maybe roadblocks].  In any case, bravo to everyone for banding together, being positive, and triumphing anyway!  If the Times is positive, that will be the icing on the cake.  There are several positive comments about Thursday and Fridays' performances over at Talkin' Broadway.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2007, 03:08:19 AM »

DR dB - I was thinking of changing things up and doing a Folderol this morning instead.  ;)

Since I was I was up very late last night - way past my normal bedtime - singing Kol Nidre services, I'm giving myself a break this morning.

Well, I'll give you a break - I was going to post pictures of a very pregnant Elizabeth Hasselbeck, but I'll do these instead!

The bottom are Zach's relatives!

der Brucer

singdaw

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2007, 03:12:55 AM »

Awwww...

I'm always a sucker for a cute animal photo!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2007, 03:14:11 AM »

I love the poster for DR PennyO's show...did she do the artwork, I wonder?

That is the cover of her book (which all dedicated H/Ks have read) and the art is by Virginia Downs.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2007, 03:16:54 AM »

Awwww...

I'm always a sucker for a cute animal photo!

Then, let's encore:

The top are North Dakota puppies

der Brucer

No requests for Elizabeth?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 03:17:58 AM by DERBRUCER »

singdaw

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2007, 03:24:03 AM »

No requests for Elizabeth?

Well, um...no.

Unless I have to choose between her and Ann Coulter.

Thanks for the info about DR PennyO's book.  I did not know about that.

singdaw

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2007, 03:26:04 AM »

And it is now on its way from Amazon!

singdaw

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2007, 03:27:31 AM »

OK.  Time to walk the dog.  I hope to have time to return before I'm off for the day.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2007, 03:33:55 AM »

NYTIMES

Alice Ghostley, Comic TV and Stage Actress, Is Dead

By STUART LAVIETES

Alice Ghostley, a Tony Award-winning actress who became known to television viewers for her roles as dizzy sidekicks on “Bewitched” and “Designing Women,” died yesterday at her home in Studio City, Calif. Her age was usually given as 81.

The cause was cancer, said a longtime friend, the actress Kaye Ballard, who said that she was actually about two years older.

Ms. Ghostley made more than 90 television appearances in a career that spanned six decades. She was a regular on the situation comedy “Bewitched” from 1966 through 1972, playing Esmeralda, a shy, bumbling witch whose spells never worked, who caused unintentional havoc whenever she sneezed and who turned invisible when she became nervous.

From 1986 through 1993, she played a more-than-usually wacky neighbor, Bernice Clifton, on the hit show “Designing Women.” In one episode, plastic surgery gone awry gives her a pig’s nose, which she wears with aplomb, then with mounting embarrassment until it is repaired. She also appeared in “Evening Shade,” “Love, American Style” and “Mayberry R.F.D.”.

While essentially a comic actress, she won a Tony for best supporting actress in 1965 for her performance in a drama, “The Sign in Sidney Brustein’s Window,” by Lorraine Hansberry, author of “A Raisin in the Sun.” Ms. Ghostley played the conventional sister of the show’s star, Rita Moreno.

Ms. Ghostley also received a Tony nomination in 1963 for her performance in “The Beauty Part,” a fantasy by S. J. Perelman.

Alice Margaret Ghostley was born in Eve, Mo. She first attracted notice in “New Faces of 1952,” one in a series of Broadway revues staged by the producer Leonard Sillman; that edition helped start the careers of Paul Lynde, Eartha Kitt and Carol Lawrence. Ms. Ghostley’s big moment was her rendering of the song “The Boston Beguine,” a sendup of proper Bostonians.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2007, 03:45:15 AM »

And it is now on its way from Amazon!

You won't be disappointed!

Wait 'til you meet the Coven of Transvestites and frolic about the garden of penile topiary - and that's the dull parts!

der Brucer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up