Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down

Author Topic: PIMPS, HUSTLERS, AND WHORES  (Read 53544 times)

Cillaliz

Re:PIMPS, HUSTLERS, AND WHORES
« Reply #570 on: September 24, 2007, 08:19:39 PM »

Congrats Edi
Beautiful garden Tomovoz

Cillaliz

« Reply #571 on: September 24, 2007, 08:20:03 PM »

We are now moving into my favorite seasons, fall and winter.  

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #572 on: September 24, 2007, 08:20:43 PM »

Thanks, Dakota!

Tom, your garden is beautiful...I'm so jealous. The drought has killed so much here and we're on a watering ban. I'm afraid my huge purple rhododendron is history, and it was the most beautiful thing in the yard.

Waaaahhh!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Tomovoz

« Reply #573 on: September 24, 2007, 08:21:17 PM »

Steps to the new plateau.  Congratulations to the DRs on their achieving of new gall stones.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #574 on: September 24, 2007, 08:21:33 PM »

Tom, what a peaceful place to sit and read...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #575 on: September 24, 2007, 08:21:53 PM »

My kodak cx7330 is close to death I fear!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #576 on: September 24, 2007, 08:22:47 PM »

Edi, i have heard about the horrendous drought you have had down there. Another lady i know from Palmer, GA has said the saem thing and she dug most of her flowers since they have died. She stated that her shrubs are a sorry state.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #577 on: September 24, 2007, 08:22:55 PM »

In post after post, notes after notes, BK, you've made a certain complaint, and all my post intended to do was to agree with you about how unfair it is when some shows spend 3 or 4 times what our signed side-letter says we're allowed to spend.

Each NYMF show should face roughly similar constraints, including budget caps, so that the "deep pockets" - the rich participants - can't steal thunder from the working Joes (like me, FJL and BK).  With an UN-level playing field, a show with greased wheels, so to speak, can buy itself some momentum.

I hope I haven't been too cryptic in a day filled with apparently-too-cryptic posts.  I know nothing about any other NYMF shows.  I don't have time to collect gossip, as I'm embroiled in the final fine-tuning for mine.  Only one show in this festival took out an ad in the Times, and that must have cost more than the entire budget for Such Good Friends.  Only one show had an invited dress, because their space goes unshared with any other show.  I thought my reference to a level playing field was clearly seconding your emotion, but it seems some didn't get this.  I'm sorry if this post seems dour, and to remedy this, I'll make a really complex pun in my next post.

Thank you for the clarification - your post really was cryptic to a few of us.  I agree with what you say, which is obvious from my posts.  Someone just posted on one of those boards that NYMF isn't a level-playing field and that if shows have more money to spend, that's great.  That person is an idiot and has no idea how NYMF began or what its aims were.  And he just does the usual Internet thing by saying the budgets are twentyK (not true - they are 15K with the exception of the actors and rehearsals).  Equity makes it quite clear and you have to submit costs and budgets at the end of the run.  Obviously either people lie or Equity turns a blind eye to shows like Roller Derby.  There is no way they can turn in a budget of 15K when that ad cost 20, at least.  There is no way they can turn in a budget of 15K when they rented their own theater and hired a very costly and sizable running crew.  Nothing to do with being dour - it's creepy and wrong and even though it sounds like we're all bellyaching, the fact is they have abused just about every NYMF rule there is - point being, either the festival has rules or they don't - either everyone abides by them or they don't.

Edisaurus

« Reply #578 on: September 24, 2007, 08:23:04 PM »

The forecast for Saturday looks great! Greg and I are going out to Coney Island to visit it before it gets redeveloped. Any HHWers who want to join us would be most welcome!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Tomovoz

« Reply #579 on: September 24, 2007, 08:23:17 PM »

We have severe drought restrictions DR Edi. NO watering of gardens. Mulching  has paid dividends.
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

« Reply #580 on: September 24, 2007, 08:24:02 PM »

Anyone going to the Friday afternoon BRAIN? I am going to try to sneak in an extra show and boost the box office.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #581 on: September 24, 2007, 08:24:14 PM »

In the bonus features, the creator/writer/producer admitted that they had no intention of ever letting Brian settle for one girl. They always planned on there being a "revolving door" of girl friends for him. Bad decision, I think. I think the high percentage of women who watched the show (the ratings were heavily female-centric) wanted to see Brian not swapping out girls every few weeks.

The unaired episode would have been the season finale for the first season with cliffhangers about Nicole and Angelo trying to adopt a baby, Majorie breaking up with Adam before leaving him at the altar, and Deena and Dave squabbling about their cheating at their daughters' ballet recital. This episode was better left unaired.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #582 on: September 24, 2007, 08:25:30 PM »

This is my 14,400th Post!

;)

Feeling ignored, George?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #583 on: September 24, 2007, 08:25:36 PM »

Matt, I do not recall that show at all...

Matt H.

« Reply #584 on: September 24, 2007, 08:26:02 PM »

I thought CHUCK was delightful. I've been a BIG fan of Zachery Levi's since LESS THAN PERFECT, and, of course, Adam Baldwin is THE MAN. Funny, exciting, a wonderful light little caper show.

Edisaurus

« Reply #585 on: September 24, 2007, 08:27:31 PM »

BK, have you ever seen the documentary about the Z Channel?

I worked on a few things that aired on it, back in the 80's but I never got to see the channel itself.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:28:31 PM by Edisaurus »

Cillaliz

« Reply #586 on: September 24, 2007, 08:28:38 PM »

The forecast for Saturday looks great! Greg and I are going out to Coney Island to visit it before it gets redeveloped. Any HHWers who want to join us would be most welcome!

Let's talk Friday night.  I don't know what Sam wants to do, but I've never been there and she may get a kick out of it.

Tomovoz

« Reply #587 on: September 24, 2007, 08:29:05 PM »

I noticed in the tributes to Mr Marco that there was no mention of him ever winning a Grammy Award.
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #588 on: September 24, 2007, 08:29:22 PM »

HEROES certainly had some surprises though I have to admit that I didn't care for Molly at all tonight, and Claire's story wasn't too interesting except for her adorable new boy friend (and a nice surprise with that).

Loved the Hiro scenes; his story arc is going to be wonderful (he's obviously going to end up being the hero and not take credit for it, but it'll be fun to see regardless).

I was glad they didn't try to cram too many heroes into tonight's story. There's plenty of time to catch up with all of them.

Edisaurus

« Reply #589 on: September 24, 2007, 08:29:38 PM »

I have wondered why BK is not member #1. Seems like he should be!

Edisaurus

« Reply #590 on: September 24, 2007, 08:32:57 PM »

A friend of ours is shooting something in White Plains on Sunday and is hoping that Greg can record sound. It would involve his taking a train from Manhattan to White Plains. We have no idea how early trains would start running on Sunday. Any thoughts?

He will be back in time for SGF, though.

Cillaliz

« Reply #591 on: September 24, 2007, 08:33:10 PM »

Edi - is your internet working or are you somewhere else?

Edisaurus

« Reply #592 on: September 24, 2007, 08:34:12 PM »

The train
In White Plains
Must return him for THE BRAIN!

Edisaurus

« Reply #593 on: September 24, 2007, 08:35:52 PM »

We're mooching off the neighbors. Greg and I are both able to get 2 bars. He hooked up the network in my little office, and our computers are seeing it, but there's still something not connecting.

FJL

« Reply #594 on: September 24, 2007, 08:36:42 PM »

Edi - You're gonna have a high-flying sci-fi double feature if you do that on Friday.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:37:45 PM by FJL »

Edisaurus

« Reply #595 on: September 24, 2007, 08:38:10 PM »

He has also been asked by Peter to do some work on our egg cream film. He has been working so much and has more work when he comes back. And this is supposed to be a vacation...oh boy...

Cillaliz

« Reply #596 on: September 24, 2007, 08:39:33 PM »

The train
In White Plains
Must return him for THE BRAIN!

The train from 'Plains returns him to THE BRAIN...

Edisaurus

« Reply #597 on: September 24, 2007, 08:40:05 PM »

Edi - You're gonna have a high-flying sci-fi double feature if you do that on Friday.

I'm ready! Boy, we have been entertainment deprived for so long that I'm going to soak it up!

"Go, Alex, Go, Alex!"

Cillaliz

« Reply #598 on: September 24, 2007, 08:41:08 PM »

Edi, it's so good to have you back at HHW!!

Edisaurus

« Reply #599 on: September 24, 2007, 08:41:44 PM »

So good to be back, too!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up