Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down

Author Topic: GOODBYE NEW YORK, NEW YORK, HELLO LA, LA  (Read 48413 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re:GOODBYE NEW YORK, NEW YORK, HELLO LA, LA
« Reply #480 on: October 01, 2007, 07:34:14 PM »

Methinks I'm too tired to write dialogue for MISS KAREN at the moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #481 on: October 01, 2007, 07:36:01 PM »

She is a fun person!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #482 on: October 01, 2007, 07:36:38 PM »

MISS KAREN's words have energy and gusto--and I, at present, do not.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #483 on: October 01, 2007, 07:37:14 PM »

Yes, she is. I wish you could meet her, Dakota.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #484 on: October 01, 2007, 07:38:02 PM »

It turned out that a bunch of other ACL-ers were their today too to support Jason and Yuka including the one and only Baayork Lee.  Not only did we end up sitting next to each other during the show, but we also ended up having dinner afterwards at La Madeleine.  And what a dinner it was...

A Wild Mushroom Tarte to start off with, followed by Diver Scallops for Baayork and Duck for me.  Tres delicieux!  -And we split their Valhrona Chocolate Brioche Bread Pudding for dessert.

We talked and talked and talked about everything and everyone.  DR elmore - she passes on her best to you, and the three of us are supposed to get together for dinner next time, OK?  ;)

I also took the opportunity to ask her a couple of questions about the original production of A Chorus Line as well as the current revival, and I'm sure many an ear was burning as a result of my queries.  I did ask her about something the DR Michael Shayne asked a couple months ago: Why so many people in the original cast did not do anything after their stint in A Chorus Line?  Well...

It was a different business then, and for the most part, the original cast members were essentially at the end of their careers - they were getting too old to be the "chorus cuties".  The show did not launch their careers.  Baayork had already been in ten Broadway show before that.  Where was she supposed to go after ACL?  Unless another production of The King & I or Flower Drum Song popped up, there was no real place for her on Broadway at that time.  Fortunately, for her, since she was Michael's assistant, she's been working ever since, albeit behind the scenes rather than on stage.  And the rest of that cast were already Broadway veterans too.

Fast forward to the current revival cast... Yes, there are some Broadway babies in the cast, but there were/are a lot of debuts too.  The actor playing Mark just turned 21 a few weeks ago!  And many of them have moved on to other projects as a result of being cast in the revival.  Different times, different biz.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #485 on: October 01, 2007, 07:38:51 PM »

She is an energy to be reckoned with! :)

Someday perhaps.... I really enjoy people on this board!

Sparkling personalities!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #486 on: October 01, 2007, 07:39:02 PM »

I wish you could have seen the two of us at Penn Station last week, each on cell phones, saying, "WHERE ARE YOU??" There were, of course, a gazillion other people there.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #487 on: October 01, 2007, 07:39:15 PM »

Jeanne, go for four more posts and you will have a new plateau!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #488 on: October 01, 2007, 07:39:59 PM »

I wish you could have seen the two of us at Penn Station last week, each on cell phones, saying, "WHERE ARE YOU??" There were, of course, a gazillion other people there.

I bet that was a riot!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #489 on: October 01, 2007, 07:40:23 PM »

Not sure if my cell would work in NYC... Is AllTell available there?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #490 on: October 01, 2007, 07:42:17 PM »

Query for any H/K:

A friend of mine just got back from London and said that he was rather underwhelmed with the shows he say there, including Les Miz. London used to have such fine theatre. Has that changed or was this a fluke?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #491 on: October 01, 2007, 07:42:47 PM »

Regionally the only time i have had probs with my cell is in parts of central Wisconsin and Northeastern MN in the iron range area. I suspect the MN problem might be due to the contour of the land and perhaps the metal.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #492 on: October 01, 2007, 07:43:07 PM »

Jeanne, go for four more posts and you will have a new plateau!

Believe me, DC, I'm trying.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #493 on: October 01, 2007, 07:43:27 PM »

After dinner, Baayork and I ended up taking the A Train together back uptown.  And while on the train we ran into another mutual friend, Max, so there was plenty more catching up to do.  And it turns out that Max lives just four blocks from me!  "Howdy, neighbor!"  -So, hopefully we'll be able to catch up a bit more later too.

All in all, it was a wonderful day and evening.

*And as we settled the check, the waitress at La Madeleine... "Oh! I thought that was you Miss Lee!  I'll tell you what -  Next time you're in, the champagne is on me!"  :)

So, DR elmore - When do you want to get your free champagne?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #494 on: October 01, 2007, 07:44:02 PM »

I am surprised to hear that. London, IMHO and from what I have heard has always had good shows. Some theatres may have a few lemons but for the most part they should be good. Perhaps this season is different.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #495 on: October 01, 2007, 07:44:30 PM »

Oh, so close!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #496 on: October 01, 2007, 07:44:35 PM »

I believe you!

Busy in the library but quiet at circulation tonight

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #497 on: October 01, 2007, 07:44:46 PM »

There.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #498 on: October 01, 2007, 07:44:55 PM »

You did it!!  

Congrats Jeanne on 2500!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #499 on: October 01, 2007, 07:45:14 PM »

Pleasant dreams dear!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #500 on: October 01, 2007, 07:45:50 PM »

Query for any H/K:

A friend of mine just got back from London and said that he was rather underwhelmed with the shows he say there, including Les Miz. London used to have such fine theatre. Has that changed or was this a fluke?

Sort of a fluke, sort of not.

There are a good chunk of American show running over there right now, so...  Additionally, I believe their theatrical "high season" occurs more in the late winter and Spring.  Additionally, a lot of the "good theatre" seems to be taking place in the smaller theatre off the main stem.

Where's DR Pogue when we need him?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #501 on: October 01, 2007, 07:46:22 PM »

Now I can crash.

Good night, everyone!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #502 on: October 01, 2007, 07:47:39 PM »

Thank you, DC.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #503 on: October 01, 2007, 07:48:11 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Again, you're very welcome.  It was my pleasure.  And I'm sooo glad that DR Samantha had a wonderful first trip to NYC too!  *And I got your text this morning too, and now I just need a mailing address.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #504 on: October 01, 2007, 07:48:53 PM »

Thank you, Jose.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #505 on: October 01, 2007, 07:48:56 PM »

DRs Miss Karen and Cason - Welcome home!  -And I hope that neither of you has jury duty in the morning like DR Samantha.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #506 on: October 01, 2007, 07:51:37 PM »

*And I also have to say that I still think that it's sooooo cool that I'm friends Baayork Lee!  -Just living the dream.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #507 on: October 01, 2007, 07:55:44 PM »

From the Words You Do Not Want to Hear Dept.

It's better to hear it when you are at the gate and the captain tells you that it will be about 45 minutes so everyone should leave the plane where they will be more comfortable

Cillaliz

« Reply #508 on: October 01, 2007, 07:57:36 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Again, you're very welcome.  It was my pleasure.  And I'm sooo glad that DR Samantha had a wonderful first trip to NYC too!  *And I got your text this morning too, and now I just need a mailing address.

Duh! I'll email it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #509 on: October 01, 2007, 07:57:43 PM »

We talked and talked and talked about everything and everyone.  DR elmore - she passes on her best to you, and the three of us are supposed to get together for dinner next time, OK?  ;)

Yes! Yes! Yes! I love Baayork!  Le's do Chez Napoleon for their fantastic glace maron dessert!

I schlepped your birthday present around today, DR Jose!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up