Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: SPEEDING  (Read 67533 times)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
Re:SPEEDING
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2007, 06:41:32 AM »

And the word of the day is: TOXOPHILITE!

And The Song Of The Day Is- STUPID CUPID

with a BOW to Neil Sedaka
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 06:42:28 AM by ArnoldMBrockman »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2007, 06:42:05 AM »

On the DVR, I still haven't managed to see THE OFFICE, MY NAME IS EARL, or CSI: NY, but I have deliberately put off watching the latter since I had spent several days with the season 3 DVD set.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2007, 06:45:18 AM »

GOOD MORNING ALL

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2007, 07:03:11 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers. A busy, but mostly fun, day ahead.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2007, 07:09:00 AM »

And the word of the day is: TOXOPHILITE!
I shot an arrow in the air
It weighed too much, it landed there,
Just half-way to my target site.
Next time, I'll try Toxophi-Light.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2007, 07:12:16 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers. A busy, but mostly fun, day ahead.

As much fun as yesterday, DR Laura?  The photos look like you were having a great time!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2007, 07:13:50 AM »

I am watching THREE FOR THE on TCM....a musical I have barely heard of....featuring Marge & Gower Champion, Jack Lemmon, Betty Grable - and a lot of dancing and dream sequences set to classical music (Swan Lake, Liebstraum, William Tell Overture)....very strange movie.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2007, 07:14:13 AM »

Main theme though is "Someone to Watch Over Me."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2007, 07:15:51 AM »

...Tonight, of course, are DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, BROTHERS & SISTERS, COLD CASE, and DEXTER on the agenda. Will watch the two ABC shows and have the DVR pick up the others.
But... But... But...

Do you really mean to tell us that you won't be watching Next Iron Chef on FoodTV?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2007, 07:16:23 AM »

Great photos yesterday.....

Once we got some colors in our leaves, I will take some Fall Fotos.

John Gabriel....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2007, 07:16:49 AM »

Great stories from the Courts Show yesterday.

Did you get to visit with Jonathan and Jackie?  How was their line?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2007, 07:24:26 AM »

Yesterday, I gave Bonnie a bath.

Der Brucer and I decided to go downtown for the Greyhounds at the Beach festivities.  Most of the festing takes place in Dewey Beach, to the south of us, but there's enough overflow here in Rehoboth to make the closer trip worth while.  

We took just two of ours, Bonnie and Buster (the blondes), along with us.  Der Brucer also took the camera, but it was already too twilight to get any good shots.

Bonnie and Buster were extatic to a) get a wonderful car ride, and b) get to walk around, side by side, on the Boardwalk.  Some people thought them cute, which of course they are.  And appropriate sniffing took place with some of the other dogs.

We'd have stayed longer, but while walking along a parkway Bonnie suddenly stopped and started rolling around, pressing herself down onto the ground.  Lo and behold, she'd found a spot where some other Spot had left something behind.  It was not pretty.  Nor was the perfume that eminated from her neck as lovely as she might have thought.

Which is why I gave Bonnie a bath last night.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2007, 07:25:52 AM »

I am watching THREE FOR THE on TCM....a musical I have barely heard of....featuring Marge & Gower Champion, Jack Lemmon, Betty Grable - and a lot of dancing and dream sequences set to classical music (Swan Lake, Liebstraum, William Tell Overture)....very strange movie.

I've had THREE FOR THE SHOW on laserdisc for many years. Not a great show.

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2007, 07:27:12 AM »

But... But... But...

Do you really mean to tell us that you won't be watching Next Iron Chef on FoodTV?

No, the only two competitive reality shows I watch are AMERICAN IDOL and PROJECT RUNWAY. I don't see that changing for as long as those two shows stay on the air.

(I'm assuming this show is a competitive reality show?)

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2007, 07:28:16 AM »

Speaking of PROJECT RUNWAY, they had the line-up of contestants for the next season in ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY last week. I tore out the two page spread and wil have a better estimation of who each one is once the show begins. I can also cross them off as they get eliminated.

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2007, 07:29:22 AM »

I'm going to head back down now and pick back up with MEDIUM. I may slip in Thursday night's THE OFFICE for a change of pace around lunchtime.

WBBL.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2007, 07:39:20 AM »

News from Work:

Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, a lot of pink is to be found in the store.  There's special pink printing on different cans and boxes, there are special pink signs posted, and there are even special pink shopping bags, of the reusable/recycleable sort.

Along those lines, Dixie and Stacey, two of the lead floor managers, have decided it would be a great idea for all the cashiers to wear pink t-shirts on Saturdays, if the idea gets approved by Mark, the store manager.  And Mark will probably say yes.

Dixie asked me yesterday if I would be willing to wear a pink t-shirt on Saturdays, if the plan goes through.  Well, sure I would.  Only, of course, I don't own a pink t-shirt.

Dixie joked that I could have der Brucer wash a red t-shirt with a white t-shirt.  Only, of course, most t-shirts are being made color-fast these days.  And I do my own laundry, thank-you.

So, while Bonnie was stinking up the car, der B and I checked at some of the stores in the outlet malls we have here in Rehoboth.

No pink t's at Jockey.  At least, not for men.

No pink t's at Nike.  No pink t's at Old Navy.  No pink t's at any of the stores we checked.

At least, not for men.

I'll have to try downtown, where there are specialty/novelty t-shirt stores for those with souveniers in mind.  I might be able to find a good pink t-shirt there.

But it's not just for myself I'll be looking.  There's also Larry, and Jim, and Karen (from eastern Europe - the second syllable is accented), all of whom I doubt have pink t-shirts.  Well, maybe Larry has one.  I know Ed, who handles customer service, has one, because I've seen him wear it.  So I'll be looking for two Large (for me and Larry), a Small (for Karen, who is very slight in build) and an Extra-Extra-Extra-Extra Large (for Jim, who doesn't look like Karen at all).

It's either that, or try dying some plain white shirts.  

If we're going to do that, we might as well go all-out and dye them Barbie pink.

I wonder if Dixie and Stacey have any idea how much trouble they're causing.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2007, 07:46:10 AM »

Re: Next Iron Chef

(I'm assuming this show is a competitive reality show?)

Yep, a competitive reality show.  The winner's prize is a regular role in Iron Chef America, as one of the lead chefs.  This can mean mucho moola - Bobby Flay and Mario Batali have both parlayed their FoodTV fame into big franchises, with Morimoto and Cat Cora following suit, although neither is yet as famous.  And ICA is a show where the competition, and cooking, is decidedly real.  I've even got der Brucer hooked, and while my cooking skills are not up to what they do on ICA, I've picked up a few ideas from that show.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2007, 08:01:07 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]

Travel Vibes to DR GINNY and DH RICHARD!

[/move]

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2007, 08:01:40 AM »

S Woody: Don't be afraid of being called a "pinko"!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2007, 08:02:43 AM »

Continued Funding Vibes to BK!

I hope all the money comes through as it should!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2007, 08:04:31 AM »

I'm feeling under the weather today. I was feeling lousy last Thursday, but had lots that I had to take care of and no time to rest. So this bug hit me again. Still have much to do, but will have to get some rest, too.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2007, 08:04:57 AM »

TTFN.

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2007, 08:05:44 AM »

Feel better vibes to DR Jeanne!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2007, 08:16:57 AM »

Thanks for the review link DR NOEL.....sounds like someone else really enjoyed the show!!!

Have fun at TLS, DR SINGDAW.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2007, 08:17:08 AM »

And thanks for the SGF report!

Ginny

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2007, 08:17:32 AM »

DH Richard just came home from church, so I'm going to sign off and let him use the computer for a while.  See y'all later - from Ohio!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2007, 08:20:06 AM »

I've finally caught up with all of yesterday's posts!  I went to work for a few hours and afterwards, my niece and went to Trader Joe's in Federal Way (about 45 miles north of us).  On the way through Tacoma, we saw the smoke from the Atlas Foundry fire and people on the opposite of the freeway watching what was going on.  From the car, we couldn't see anything except the smoke...and there was a lot.  The traffic going north was not a problem at all, but later in the evening, going south was very slow around there.  But, it was only about a 10 or 15 minute slow-down.  After that, fast as ususal. :)

George, I am curious why you went all the way to Federal Way to go to Trader Joe's, instead of stopping at the one in Tacoma.  Is the Federal Way store larger?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2007, 08:22:37 AM »

Travel vibes for DR GINNY and DH RICHARD!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2007, 08:23:47 AM »

Did DR MBARNUM say he was looking for a new television set?

I guess I have to say thanks to NBC for putting 30 ROCK between EARL and the OFFICE.

I skipped EARL and watched UGLY BETTY which is a terrific show as has been stated in these here parts by many.

And of course Thursday is also the night for MAD MEN.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up