Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: SPEEDING  (Read 67536 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:SPEEDING
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2007, 08:31:39 AM »

[size=8]PAGE 3[/size]
[/color]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]~~~~SAFE TRAVEL VIBES TO GINNY AND DH RICHARD~~~~[/size][/move]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 08:32:50 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2007, 08:50:08 AM »

Safe Travel Vibes to Ginny and Richard

Why ,Oh Why,Oh Why,Oh
Why did I ever leave Ohio?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2007, 08:50:45 AM »

Safe Travel Vibes to Ginny and Richard

Why ,Oh Why,Oh Why,Oh
Why did I ever leave Ohio?

Now THAT'S a lyric....and a question!  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2007, 08:50:52 AM »

Looking at new televisions I certainly did, DR JRand. Have yet to decide if I will proceed or not, however.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2007, 08:52:11 AM »

IS IT WRONG DEPT?

Why is it that I would rather have my brother's new girlfriend at my niece's wedding next Saturday than his estranged wife?

What a mess they are putting my poor sister through with "I'm coming" - "I'm NOT coming if he/she is...."  "I'm coming anyway..."  "I'm not coming...."

Whew!!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2007, 08:52:21 AM »

I shall try to be productive today...the weather is windy, but warm and I really, really need to clean up the yard, both front and back. I also really need to clean up the house...what a mess.

Aside from that I will likely meet my buddy Jim for Indian food today at noon.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2007, 08:52:53 AM »

Looking at new televisions I certainly did, DR JRand. Have yet to decide if I will proceed or not, however.

Nothing to rush into for sure......   8)

But you have some excellent advisers here on HHW.  ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2007, 09:00:04 AM »

I had no idea such an item existed!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2007, 09:13:42 AM »

DR MBARNUM - didn't you know that Mr Jeff Chandler wrote some of the themes for WOMAN ON THE BEACH?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »

Looks like he was a Liberty recording artist.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2007, 09:21:51 AM »

About the remake of "The Heartbreak Kid," click HERE to read what was posted on IMDb.com. ::) (it isn't good...but completely in agreement with BK.)

I saw a preview for the movie last week, that was more than enough ;D

Jane

« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2007, 09:24:29 AM »

François, thank you for the wonderful Nicholas Brothers clip.  

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2007, 09:31:53 AM »

The morning after…
First, thanks to the community here at Haines His Way, for showing so much interest in Such Good Friends.  Asking questions, saying you enjoyed reading my posts, enjoyed reading reviews and interviews, and, best of all – attending the show!  So many of you!  I’m very grateful.

I always thought it might be interesting to compare and contrast our NYMF experiences: me, BK and FJL.  BK had to endure the headaches that a director and producer go through.  I was shielded from those anxieties by a top director and a NYMF-veteran producer who saw to it that my blood pressure wasn’t raised every time our show was NYMF-ed.  Fred alludes to things he cannot utter, so we don’t exactly know what they are, but it’s a safe bet his experience is very different, wearing one hat (book-writer) and being in the good hands of the director with the most NYMF experience, Elizabeth Lucas.

There’s a line in My Fair Lady (probably Pygmalion, too) in which Higgins defends his bad behavior by claiming that he treats everyone equally.  I imagine NYMF could make that claim.  Among the keys to Such Good Friends’ success was having a team of top professionals – stage manager Jon Goldman, lighting maven Jim Milkey, and sound man Nick Borisjuk, who saw to it that every word could be heard.  From the audience’s point of view, there were no technical glitches at all.

Our leading lady hosted a terrific cast party that lasted no fewer than 6 hours.  We could barely tear ourselves a way from each other, such was the love and admiration in that room.  These ten came into my life SO recently – the first read-through was September 10, and all brilliantly contributed to the storytelling.  Rehearsals were an amazing creative process “What if I moved here?”  “How about if I said it this way?” that improved the show immeasurably.  To anyone who seems impressed that one man wrote book, music and lyrics, I say it’s a misconception: one writer and ten actors fashioned this text, under the superb guidance of a boy wonder director, who contributed a great many lines.  It’s the product of a dozen.  And, those who saw it: How about that choreography?  Funny?  Telling the story?  That’s Wendy Seyb’s brilliance.  And the one thing I never had to worry about – SO supportive, SO helpful in furthering the story – the musical direction and orchestration of Michael Horsley.

Something I never imagined was how colorful our production would be.  I dream in black and white, and Jeff Hinchee’s sets and Lisa Zinni’s glorious costumes enlivened what I’d always thought of as a drab era, still remaining true to the period.

I may have more later...
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2007, 09:32:45 AM »

SAFE, EASY, AND COMFORTABLE TRAVEL VIBES FOR DR GINNY & DH RICHARD!  

Jane

« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2007, 09:37:06 AM »

Noel, I hope this won't be the last beautiful post regarding SUCH GOOD FRIENDS, and there are more shows in store for you.  If not, you have been blessed to have such a wonderful experience.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »

Yes, DR NOEL....we would love to hear more.

Those of us who do theatre as a hobby....love to hear from those who do it for a living.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2007, 09:42:30 AM »

There is a young new designer on TRADING SPACES who seems to be struggling.

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2007, 09:46:13 AM »

Good morning. The girls are driving me crazy!!! Boo insists on clawing my couch in the living room.  I trimmed her claws so she isn't really doing any damage, but I still don't want her to do it.  Callie is not well enough that when I say NO to Boo often enough she comes in and starts chasing her and wrestling with her.  It's kind of cute.  Boo was going crazy earlier watching the leaves fall, so I think I'll go get her some to play with. I brought in a few last year and she had a wee of a time playing with them.

Now I'm off to the Temple up the street for their annual Latke feed

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2007, 09:48:32 AM »

I'm up and trying to get ready for the interview this morning.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2007, 09:50:15 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm sooooooo not looking forward to having to be up and functional at 8:15AM on Tuesday (and Wednesday).  Just sayin'.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2007, 09:55:42 AM »

I can't and won't say anything negative, but I'll point out as a mtter of factual accuracy that the shows that got on the big NYMF press conference (most of them due to having major star names) got much more press coverage than all the others.

Also as a matter of factual accuracy, shows that didn't have to store their set in a 16-square-foot area had a clear advantage over shows that did have to.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 10:07:14 AM by FJL »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2007, 09:56:59 AM »

I do suspect we all had different NYMF experiences for completely different reasons, none of which had to do with having a team of top professionals.  Certainly you can have a top sound board operator, but if the sound board is screwing up or other shows in your venue are unpatching things without telling anyone, then it's the fault of the cheap board and the other shows.  Some shows lucked out and didn't have problems, although most did, from what I've read and been told, in all the venues.  I think the Acorn had more lighting problems than any other venue, so the shows in there naturally suffered more than shows who were not.  I think we had a total of two shows that went without a technical glitch of some sort and I heard the same from other shows in our venue.

I think NYMF does not treat all shows equally - in fact, I know they don't.  Not just from my vantage point, but I've heard it from several other shows.  And yes, if one is doing duty other than just writing, of course one is in the thick of it.  Other than writing the checks, I was not the producer of The Brain - that's why I hired a general management company - they were the line producer of the show, dealing with all the daily stuff, just as Julie and Noel's producer dealt with their daily stuff.  When I needed something taken care of, they took care of it, and they were on NYMF like nobody's business.  

In the end, it was a worthwhile experience because we had some wonderful audiences who loved the show, got some nice reviews, but, most importantly, it looks like we came out of it with what will be a terrific stock and amateur licensing deal with a major company - we're hammering out the fine points now, but are very excited if it all works out.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »

I ended up listening to David Burnham's new CD last night before going to bed...  Quite beautiful to say the least.  And since he's having his New York CD Launch Party (he had two in L.A. already) tonight at The Metropolitan Room down in Chelsea, hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2007, 10:03:15 AM »

And since he just has such a nice face, here he is again... (David Burnham, that is)...

Well... CLICK HERE to see - and learn more about him.   ;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 10:09:53 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2007, 10:09:42 AM »

Thanks, DR FJL!  See you there.

Thanks, DR JRand57!

And  ***SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES*** to DR Ginny and DH Richard.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2007, 10:10:59 AM »

~~~~~STRESS-FREE TRAVEL VIBES TO DR GINNY AND DH RICHARD~~~~~

*And continued ~~~~~GET WELL VIBES TO DR GINNY~~~~~ too.
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2007, 10:11:05 AM »

DR JoseSPiano - it's interesting that David chose not to use the Italian accent on the album version of "Love to Me".  It's still very beautiful!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2007, 10:11:45 AM »

DR singdaw - Are you racing into the city and then racing back out?  If not, would you want to grab dinner someplace after the show?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2007, 10:13:38 AM »

DR JoseSPiano - it's interesting that David chose not to use the Italian accent on the album version of "Love to Me".  It's still very beautiful!

Yeah, it's quite interesting not hearing the flipped/rolled "r's".  However, his version of "The Prayer" is also interesting since he definitely sounds more Italianate on that track, which I'm guessing is the influence of the original recording of Andrea Bocelli.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 10:20:12 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2007, 10:24:05 AM »

Must get to work.  Must discuss pink things with Dixie.  Off tomorrow, fortunately.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up