Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: PROMISES, PROMISES  (Read 22142 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:PROMISES, PROMISES
« Reply #240 on: January 22, 2004, 11:17:22 PM »

Hey, where are our late-night denizens.  And LauraII comes, looks around, and doesn't make a single post since yesterday (I don't even know if she made one yesterday) - much too unseemly if you ask me.  Perhaps hornball Jed knows something about all of this.

Tomovoz

« Reply #241 on: January 22, 2004, 11:23:07 PM »

As it is only 6.18pm I can not be regarded as a late night denizen.  My chef will be calling me soon. (or something less savoury than soon) so I shall bid you all a good evening/night. I shall be back in an hour or so to say good morning.
It is a long weekend in OZ. Australia Day is January 26. - The day the English invaded this land.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #242 on: January 22, 2004, 11:32:24 PM »

I can take no blame for Laura II's E&T-ness yesterday, or the day or two before that, either.  I suspect a new canoodler, oh yes, that's what I suspect!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Laura II

« Reply #243 on: January 22, 2004, 11:33:57 PM »

Hello everybody! I'm baaaaack! I didn't get online yesterday. I don't really remember why. Today I was out of the house for the majority of the day with the March for Life in DC and then work. I'm catching up on yesterday's posts at the moment.

BK, I really don't think you need to worry about Jed and me. Apparently he and Tiff were talking last night. ;) heeheehee

Uncle Woody, my dad graduated from the Naval Academy in 1984. My parents got married in May 1984, and I was born in June of 1985.
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #244 on: January 22, 2004, 11:38:14 PM »

I was watching "The Daily Show" with Jon Stewart on Comedy Central and now am watching the Oxygen Channel rebroadcast of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" with (appropriately) Ellen Degeneres.  The guests are (were) Debra Messing and (Canadian) Sue Johanson.  Debra is very pregnant and Sue is a hoot!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 11:40:26 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jed

« Reply #245 on: January 22, 2004, 11:39:44 PM »

Thanks, George!  Sue Johanson is hilarious on talk shows!!!  Must change the channel!

Dang it, I'd trusted George's spelling! :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 11:47:08 PM by Jed »
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #246 on: January 22, 2004, 11:43:33 PM »

After Sue Johanson (I corrected the spelling in my last post) will be Burt Bacharach!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #247 on: January 22, 2004, 11:45:54 PM »

I remember back a few years ago when I was writing CD reviews for another site.  I made no claim to be an "expert," and tried to make sure it was understood that I was just another listener, putting forward my opinion.  I always thought of writing a review as a learning experience, a chance to explore why I felt as I did about certain things, sometimes discovering reasons to change from my original reaction.

I was amazed by the vehemence that some readers would attack my opinions, demanding why I thought myself "an expert" and that therefor my opinions were flawed.  (Fortunately, there were others who enjoyed my writing.)

The current crop of reviewers would probably be among those demanding my credentials.  I don't find their writing much fun to read.  There's a pleasing equilibrium in those two statements.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #248 on: January 22, 2004, 11:50:16 PM »

Uncle Woody, my dad graduated from the Naval Academy in 1984. My parents got married in May 1984, and I was born in June of 1985.
Ah, well, then der Brucer and your father couldn't have known each other, as der B was in the class of '62.  Or was it '61?  He'll be correcting me the moment he reads this.

Sometime, we'll have to get him to tell the story about Pat Boone and the Golf Balls.  (Randy Vicar, move over, you've got competition and it's G-rated!   ;D)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #249 on: January 22, 2004, 11:52:24 PM »

It's time for me to gather up Buster and Bonnie and get to bed.  Who needs electric blankets when I've got Puppy Power!

Laura II

« Reply #250 on: January 22, 2004, 11:52:47 PM »

Oh, regarding today's topic: I don't eat any fish or seafood. No shrimp, no lobster, no crabmeat, no clams, no nothin!
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #251 on: January 23, 2004, 12:00:50 AM »

S. Woody: But these "reviewers" do make claims, or at least act like they know whereof they speak, which they do not.  I'm sure yours were much more fun to read.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up