Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: DEAD RODENT  (Read 66028 times)

Cillaliz

Re:DEAD RODENT
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2007, 12:36:15 PM »

Thanks for the vibes for Callie. She did some hiding yesterday. I think she wanted to be sure she wasn't going back to the vet. Since then she has been purring and purring and purring...

Last night when Adam got home, we had a snack in the kitchen and Callie sat on one of the bar stools and just purred as we talked.  She was very cute about it

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2007, 12:41:38 PM »

I better go. I'm going to see No End In Sight
http://www.noendinsightmovie.com/ at 4:30 PM then selling tickets for the 7:30 PM show.  It's a one day thing by the Film Institute so I need to sell tickets.  

I'm not really sure I want to see this. Sometimes I enjoy not knowing how messed up things are. So, I'm toying with just waiting and going in 30 min late to the 7:30 pm show rather than spending my whole day there

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2007, 12:41:45 PM »

Since it is a slow news day, I will add a new promo picture of Britain's Got Talent winner Paul Potts.  He cleans up well (I hope they fix his teeth).  His first CD is now available on Amazon.com.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Danise

« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2007, 12:59:47 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 3D DIFFUSION!!

Hi all!

I had to work again yesterday and by the time I got home last night, I was so tired I went to bed early.  

I won't be working next Saturday no matter what.  I have to go out and have a look at the kennel for the dogs.  I have heard only good things about it so I'm not worried.  

I've heard its far back off of the road and the dogs have nice long runs.  Unlike my vet who would have kept them locked in small cages and only walked them twice a day.  

I did buy both of them nice large pads/beds because the lady I spoke to on the phone said I could bring them along with any toys or treats and meds.  I don't want either of them laying on hard concrete at night.  The cold from it will creep up into their hips and I don't like that idea.

I hope everyone here is doing well.

Dear Elmore, I hope that you are feeling better.

BK, I'm sorry for the problems at the event.  Oy.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2007, 01:02:43 PM »

Hi Dear TCB, how have you been feeling lately?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2007, 01:10:45 PM »

And, here is a vocal cut from Mr. Potts CD.

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2007, 01:11:46 PM »

Hi Dear TCB, how have you been feeling lately?

DR Danise, how lovely to see you.  I hurt all the time.  I don't think I will make it to January.
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2007, 01:13:10 PM »

For DR Singdaw:

Today was a perfect day to introduce the kitties to the wonders of the screened-in back porch.

After much fearful exploration, they settled in. As you would expect, the boys took up residence in the recliners!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2007, 01:26:34 PM »

MY NAME IS EARL had a hilarious episode where each of the main characters did some creative writing and the results of their free thinking were shown. Some were animated, some were flights of fancy. Very imaginative and very entertaining.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2007, 01:28:31 PM »

PROTECTION FROM CANADIANS IN PLACE!

WASHINGTON POST

Strict Visa Regulations Discourage Visiting Artists
Post-9/11 Process Adds Costs and Red Tape

By Sarah Kaufman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, October 20, 2007; Page A01

The Halle Orchestra, one of Great Britain's oldest symphony orchestras, has not toured the United States in more than a decade, so spirits were high when the group secured dates at Lincoln Center and in Upstate New York for performances last winter.

But when the orchestra learned that to get their entry visas, all 85 musicians -- every last cellist, oboist and piccolo player -- would have to travel from their Manchester headquarters to the U.S. Embassy in London for personal interviews, electronic fingerprinting and facial-recognition scans, it scrapped the trip. Budgeting for airfare and travel costs to New York was one thing, but simply getting everyone to the embassy at the same time, along with hotel bills and fees for the visas themselves, would have cost an additional $80,000, said marketing director Andy Ryans.

"It was very simply money that we didn't have," Ryans explained. "We were desperate to go to the States, but our hands were absolutely tied."
"The weight of the system is grinding down the arts world to the point where the U.S. market isn't as attractive," said Fairfax immigration attorney Jonathan Ginsburg, who has worked with arts groups for more than a decade.

Visas recently were denied to China's Golden Dragon Acrobats, who have toured the United States regularly for nearly 30 years, according to agent Art Fegan of Nashville. The troupe's latest tour was to start in September but has been held up because the acrobats "could not provide absolute proof that they would return home," Fegan said he learned from the U.S. Embassy in Beijing. (The embassy did not respond to a request for comment.)

Presenters say it is virtually impossible to bring in Burmese or Cuban artists. Performers from Iran, Syria and North Korea undergo especially tough scrutiny. But recently it has become trickier for virtually any foreign artist to get a visa. This summer, Ella Baff, executive director of Jacob's Pillow, the venerable dance festival in Massachusetts, said she had trouble bringing in a visiting scholar from Montreal.

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2007, 01:28:39 PM »

I better go. I'm going to see No End In Sight
http://www.noendinsightmovie.com/ at 4:30 PM then selling tickets for the 7:30 PM show.  It's a one day thing by the Film Institute so I need to sell tickets.  

I'm not really sure I want to see this. Sometimes I enjoy not knowing how messed up things are. So, I'm toying with just waiting and going in 30 min late to the 7:30 pm show rather than spending my whole day there

It is an eye-opening and infuriating experience, not the film, but the information contained within. The hubris and stupidity that this film documents makes it one every American should see.

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2007, 01:30:43 PM »

I wanted to be able to give BREATHLESS my full attention, so I put on MY FAIR LADY and watched selected scenes while I ate my lunch. Looked nice on the new TV, and I guess this is the best the film will ever look now after the restoration, but it isn't quite the heart-stopping visual feast I remember from seeing it at the reserved seat Capri Theater here in Charlotte.

Matt H.

« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2007, 01:34:22 PM »

BREATHLESS I had seen before, but it was long ago in a film studies class I took. The print in this new set is pristine.

One can see why the film was SO influential in 1960. It's been borrowed from endlessly since then, so watching it now, one has to remember how new and different this kind of filmmaking was then. Belmondo was certainly a charismatic force in the movie.

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2007, 01:38:35 PM »

There are also a series of interviews with Godard, Belmondo, Seberg, and Jean-Pierre Melville filmed between 1960-64 for French TV on this first disc. Ah, so funny to see the first three so fresh and young and beautiful, and so sad to know about Seberg's unhappy end.

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2007, 01:39:46 PM »

Tonight, I'll head on to the second disc in the set which contains more interviews, Godard's first short film with Belmondo, and a documentary about the making of the movie.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 01:40:08 PM by Matt H. »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2007, 01:49:56 PM »

It is an eye-opening and infuriating experience, not the film, but the information contained within. The hubris and stupidity that this film documents makes it one every American should see.

I don't see that it explores much that has not already been covered - Washington botched the War (and, like in the case of school-house shooters, there was lots of competent advice that was ignored).

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2007, 01:51:20 PM »

For DR Singdaw:

Today was a perfect day to introduce the kitties to the wonders of the screened-in back porch.

After much fearful exploration, they settled in. As you would expect, the boys took up residence in the recliners!

You might consider buying a nice hooked rug so you and Greg could curl up on the floor.

der Brucer

Matt H.

« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2007, 01:53:47 PM »

I don't see that it explores much that has not already been covered - Washington botched the War (and, like in the case of school-house shooters, there was lots of competent advice that was ignored).

der Brucer

It puts all in the information in one place and has it nicely organized without hyperbole. And not everyone is as up on current events as you are.

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2007, 01:55:12 PM »

I'm heading down now to clean the guest bath and then get back to the second disc in the BREATHLESS set.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2007, 01:57:58 PM »

How ironic that such tragedies provide such stunning visuals:

Malibu, CA

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2007, 01:59:23 PM »

It puts all in the information in one place and has it nicely organized without hyperbole. And not everyone is as up on current events as you are.

Hmm...maybe I should give it a look-see.

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2007, 02:03:19 PM »

Well, off for an eye-opening and infuriating experience...can't wait...

FJL

« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2007, 02:11:46 PM »

Vibes of all kinds to TCB!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2007, 02:14:04 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2007, 02:14:21 PM »

I've got all the windows open, and it's helping a little bit.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2007, 02:14:38 PM »

Will we never get to page six?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: October 21, 2007, 02:15:12 PM »

I watched all the extra footage on the Show Business: The Road To Broadway DVD hoping for something interesting - not to be had, unfortunately.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: October 21, 2007, 02:15:58 PM »

Tummy is still being weird and I'm blaming it on the awful chicken breast swimming in a puddle of something or other that they served last night.

td

• td
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2007, 02:31:33 PM »

DR Danise, how lovely to see you.  I hurt all the time.  I don't think I will make it to January.

If you don't make it til January, how're you going to be MY valentine come February?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2007, 02:37:37 PM »

If you don't make it til January, how're you going to be MY valentine come February?

Well, I can always be revived with a kiss.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up