Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT, ME WORRY?  (Read 29605 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:WHAT, ME WORRY?
« Reply #300 on: November 03, 2007, 07:37:55 PM »

Tom, do you know Pamela Reed? I know that she's from Washington state.

I knew her briefly during her time in New York. I haven't seen her (except on television) since she left the city. My ex was friends with her (he sublet her apartment when she was out of town filming a movie) in the early 80s so I got to meet her. We saw her on stage a few times here in the city. In 1983 we went to her summer place in Woodstock (she was renting it) and I hit her in the head with a tennis ball (I was VERY bad at tennis and never attempted to play again after that). She's a wonderful person. She's married now, IIRC to a television/film director and she has at least one child, I think.

I haven't seen Pamela in years, but she was born here in Tacoma.  She used to perform at the Lakewood Playhouse (when Lakewood was still part of Tacoma) which I also have worked at many times.  She is a wonderful lady and a fine actress, who a lot of people don't even recognize by name.  However, bring up KINDERGARTEN COP, THE RIGHT STUFF, THE LONG RIDERS, or EYEWITNESS and people usually know who you are talking about.  I didn't realize that she had moved to California, but I see she now has two adopted children, one of them is named Reed.  I hope Reed doesn't also use her last name.  I have never had the honor, or horror, of hitting her with a tennis ball.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #301 on: November 03, 2007, 07:38:39 PM »

"Murder at Hollywood High" has arrived!!  Thanks, BK!!  I wish I could read your handwriting, though. ::)

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #302 on: November 03, 2007, 07:39:57 PM »

Our family received some good news - Capt. Christopher N. Palmer, USAF, is back in Georgia after his 2nd deployment to Iraq.  He's a search and rescue helicopter pilot.

That's wonderful news, Ginny!! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #303 on: November 03, 2007, 07:40:43 PM »

Plateau congrats, George.

Thanks, FJL. :) Now...on to 20,000!

George

« Reply #304 on: November 03, 2007, 07:41:29 PM »

Congrats to DRs GEORGE and CILLA LIZ on reaching their new plateaus.

And thank you!

MBarnum

« Reply #305 on: November 03, 2007, 07:44:07 PM »

Murder at Hollywood High arrived here as well, today. I will start it as soon as I finish my Charles McGraw bio.

Right now I am watching a 3 hour Bollywood movie (actually it is a Tollywood movie as it is in the Telugu language and was filmed in the Southern part of India...a whole other film industry from the Hindi films) titled SITARAMA KALYANAM (1963) which is about the demon Ravana and his battle with Lord Vishnu...although an hour into the movie and all of his battles so far have been with Lord Vishnu's wife Laxmi.

This movie has loooooooooooooooottttttttttsssss of songs...which is probably why it is 3 hours long.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #306 on: November 03, 2007, 07:48:47 PM »

Tom, do you know Pamela Reed? I know that she's from Washington state.

I knew her briefly during her time in New York. I haven't seen her (except on television) since she left the city. My ex was friends with her (he sublet her apartment when she was out of town filming a movie) in the early 80s so I got to meet her. We saw her on stage a few times here in the city. In 1983 we went to her summer place in Woodstock (she was renting it) and I hit her in the head with a tennis ball (I was VERY bad at tennis and never attempted to play again after that). She's a wonderful person. She's married now, IIRC to a television/film director and she has at least one child, I think.

Actually the only thing worse you could do than hit Pamela with a tennis ball, would be to remind her of her performance in CLAN OF THE CAVE BEAR.
“One thing’s universal,

singdaw

« Reply #307 on: November 03, 2007, 07:49:50 PM »

Great family news from DR Ginny!

CONGRATULATIONS to DRs Cillaliz and George on their new plateaus!   :D

Continued ***POSITIVE VIBES*** to DR PennyO!

singdaw

« Reply #308 on: November 03, 2007, 07:50:36 PM »

DR JoseSPiano - is it Mike or Jay that was planning to run tomorrow?

singdaw

« Reply #309 on: November 03, 2007, 07:51:41 PM »

Saroja Devi...

He sings!
He points!
He gets struck by lightning!
He bares his nipple!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 07:59:08 PM by singdaw »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #310 on: November 03, 2007, 07:54:33 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from dinner with my brother, Jay, his girlfriend, Maria, and their friend, Alma.  Alma is also from San Diego, and she's also running in the marathon tomorrow.  We ended up dining at John's Pizza.  However, since Jay and Alma needed to carbo-load for their run(!) tomorrow, they ordered pasta and a large order of garlic bread.  Maria also ordered some pasta.  I, on the other hand, ordered the pizza.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #311 on: November 03, 2007, 07:55:36 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS to DRs Cillaliz and George on their new plateaus!   :D

Thanks!

George

« Reply #312 on: November 03, 2007, 07:56:11 PM »

We haven't heard back from Penny O as to how her interview went.

Hopefully, no news (from her) is good news (for her)! :)

George

« Reply #313 on: November 03, 2007, 07:58:20 PM »

Today, along with "Murder at Hollywood High," I received the 2007 Broadway revival cast recording of 110 In the Shade.  I'll take it to work on Monday.  I don't think I'll have time to listen to it this weekend.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #314 on: November 03, 2007, 08:03:37 PM »

DR JoseSPiano - is it Mike or Jay that was planning to run tomorrow?

Jay.

And now that he knows how to send a text message to my cell-phone, I'll be getting updates on his progress every 5K.  They use the "shoe chips" to not only keep track of the runners along the course, but also help to notify everyone's friends and family to make it easier for them to find them along the way - and to get a better estimate of when they'll be crossing the finish line.

*One thing my brother is not looking forward to is heading to his "finishing area" after he crosses the finish line.  That's where they'll give him his medal as well as his personal belongings that he'll be checking at the starting corral.  The finishing areas are arrangeed alphabetically.  The "S" area is up at 86th Street.  The finish line is at 72nd.  He's really not looking forward to walking those 14 blocks in order to get his stuff - after having run the 26.2 miles.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #315 on: November 03, 2007, 08:05:06 PM »

Good night, all.  It is pill-poppin' time in Tacoma.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #316 on: November 03, 2007, 08:07:03 PM »

Well, I've got some TV watching, as well as some line memorization, to do.  Tomorrow, I have to go to my sister's house by 10:00 am (which is much too early :P) to put together some metal shelves for her new shed.  I went over earlier tonight after work, but it was too dark (she doesn't have a light in it) and my sister was baking something.  The shelves are not difficult to put together, but it's a lot easier for two people to put them together than just one person...me. ;)

So, good night, all. 8)

« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 08:08:41 PM by George »

FJL

« Reply #317 on: November 03, 2007, 08:07:25 PM »

Tablet-Takin' Time in Tacoma - my new alliterative country song

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #318 on: November 03, 2007, 08:07:28 PM »

Jay.

And now that he knows how to send a text message to my cell-phone, I'll be getting updates on his progress every 5K.  They use the "shoe chips" to not only keep track of the runners along the course, but also help to notify everyone's friends and family to make it easier for them to find them along the way - and to get a better estimate of when they'll be crossing the finish line.

*One thing my brother is not looking forward to is heading to his "finishing area" after he crosses the finish line.  That's where they'll give him his medal as well as his personal belongings that he'll be checking at the starting corral.  The finishing areas are arrangeed alphabetically.  The "S" area is up at 86th Street.  The finish line is at 72nd.  He's really not looking forward to walking those 14 blocks in order to get his stuff - after having run the 26.2 miles.  ;)

It could be worse.  It could be 14 of the long blocks.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #319 on: November 03, 2007, 08:08:10 PM »

Has anyone had English muffins from Wolferman's? We received their catalogue today & they look like the best english muffins.

The website doesn't look as tempting.

http://www.wolfermans.com

I've had them, and I like them.  They are very substantial english muffins.  They're about an inch thick, and sort of dense.  They are carried in a lot of grocery stores, however, they're usually kept in the freezer case along with the other breakfast treats.  -So you might be able to give them a try without having to mail order them.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #320 on: November 03, 2007, 08:08:43 PM »

Terrific Tom took twelve tiny tablets in Tacoma - say that ten times fast.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #321 on: November 03, 2007, 08:09:47 PM »

As for Daylight Savings Time ending tonight...  My brother, Jay, is soooooo happy that he gets the extra hour tonight.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #322 on: November 03, 2007, 08:09:48 PM »

Wasn't that a hit on the Great White Way some years ago...

Pillzapoppin'?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #323 on: November 03, 2007, 08:15:24 PM »

Why I don't miss California:

Gary Kazanjian / Associated Press

A tractor trailer truck is over a crushed car at the scene of a massive pileup where more than 100 cars were involved on Hwy 99 in Fresno.

der Brucer

You must not use the Beltway.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #324 on: November 03, 2007, 08:18:01 PM »

TOD:

The Julie Andrews Show - or did it make it for a whole season?

Wendy & Me - with George Burns & Connie Stevens, maybe one season.

Yes, THE JULIE ANDREWS HOUR did run for one entire season. ABC decided the show was too special to be weekly, and was renewed for two years of specials rather than as a weekly series.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

singdaw

« Reply #325 on: November 03, 2007, 08:19:53 PM »

Matt H.

« Reply #326 on: November 03, 2007, 08:20:08 PM »

Jeff cooked a wonderful Mexican dinner tonight. I thorouoghly enjoyed it, and I brought some home with me to heat up for tomorrow.

Kerry

« Reply #327 on: November 03, 2007, 08:21:02 PM »

That makes it almost worth dying.

This is why I love you!
I like boat races.

Matt H.

« Reply #328 on: November 03, 2007, 08:24:44 PM »

I finished disc 3 of BERLIN ALEXANDERPLATZ. In episode 8, we see for the third time the main character beating his girl friend to death. Each time we see a little more of the scene, but we sure do get the message and each little bit more doesn't make it any easier to watch.

The video look and quality doesn't make it easier to watch either.

Kerry

« Reply #329 on: November 03, 2007, 08:25:54 PM »

I agree.

This from DRLaura?  I am shocked.  She musta e hanking arounnd me too much!
I like boat races.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up