Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: APPLE BROWN BETTY  (Read 17289 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:APPLE BROWN BETTY
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2007, 04:25:08 PM »

I remember Sally's show and also Phil Donahue.

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2007, 04:25:23 PM »

Congrats to Jeanne on her new plateau
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2007, 04:25:43 PM »

Healing slowly but surely.... Time will tell

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2007, 04:26:02 PM »

Beautiful new avatar!

Where are you working these days?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2007, 04:26:10 PM »

Anyone remember Mystery Science Theatre 3000?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2007, 04:26:49 PM »

I am still at the library.... Like the job, dislike the venom

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2007, 04:27:56 PM »

Hi Jane!  I'm working at a local community college, and loving it.  Dakota, what are you healing from?

Jane

« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2007, 04:29:52 PM »

Dakota, sounds like many jobs.  I'm glad you are healing, I'm sure it will take awhile.

Actually I should have stated Ann before my question, since it has been awhile since she posted.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2007, 04:30:41 PM »

Ann, is this the first time you have really loved a job since graduating? Great news.  What do you do there?

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2007, 04:35:13 PM »

Yup, this is truly the first time I've loved a job since I graduated.  I'm actually doing the same basic thing I've been doing all along, working with toddlers.  But the difference is that this time I'm in an amazing place where we teach using a system inspired by an Italian childcare philosophy, and it's wonderful.  It suits me perfectly.  

How are you and your family doing, Jane?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2007, 04:36:15 PM »

Hi Jane!  I'm working at a local community college, and loving it.  Dakota, what are you healing from?

Lovely picture ann...

I am healing from some battle wounds

Lost out on a job and dealing with my dad

Psychological warfare from coworkers.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2007, 04:37:01 PM »

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your job!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2007, 04:37:35 PM »

Ann, your job sounds rewarding and I wish you the best...

Danise

« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2007, 04:38:52 PM »

Evening all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2007, 04:38:59 PM »

Thanks, Dakota.  I wish you the best, too.  I know how awful it can be, being stuck in a job that slowly sucks the life out of you.  

Danise

« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2007, 04:40:14 PM »

Nice to see both Ann and DakotaCelt.  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2007, 04:40:23 PM »

Family is well Thank you (except for my broken wrist).  

Our youngest is getting his graduate degree at Carnegie-Mellon in Pittsburgh.  

Our oldest has applied to medical schools during a record breaking year of applicants-very stressful.

Our big puppy (almost 16 months) is doing great and a real sweetheart.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2007, 04:42:26 PM »

Ann I'm pleased you are still working with the little ones, you are so good at it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2007, 04:47:36 PM »

Jane, glad to hear your darling baby is doing well!!

Good luck to your sons!!

Jane

« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2007, 04:48:05 PM »

Thanks Dakota

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2007, 04:48:48 PM »

Thanks, Dakota.  I wish you the best, too.  I know how awful it can be, being stuck in a job that slowly sucks the life out of you.  

The saving grace is the crazy students I work with at night... They put a smile on my face...

Still wish I had my camera the night they did the BRAIN TAP with an Anatomy book and a Calc book on their heads... It was a riot!

Danise

« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2007, 04:50:21 PM »

I'm getting tired of this cough.  I know it has to do with the anesthesia but now my ribs are starting to hurt from coughing so hard.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2007, 04:55:58 PM »

Are you allowed to take cough syrup or a suppressant?

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2007, 04:58:41 PM »

Good evening.

I didn't exactly do everything today...instead of putting up plastic, I took apart, washed and put back together all the windows in the kitchen and dining room and instead of dealing with the book cases, I scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom floors, ran the vacuum in the rest of the house and put together a couple boxes for recycling.  I did buy the freezer. They are going to deliver it on Tuesday. I tested the outlet I'm planning to use and the ground works, so we should be in business

Danise

« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2007, 04:59:54 PM »

Are you allowed to take cough syrup or a suppressant?

I've been taking some cough drops and I just made myself a hot cut of Lemonade with cloves and cinnamon sticks.  I’m hoping that will help.

I'm just getting grummy.  I know it takes time to heal but it's been a week and I'm tired of this.  I want to go back to normal.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2007, 05:00:15 PM »

Curves isn't open on Sunday, but I figure I got a workout today....oh I forgot, I did hang the mini-blinds in the kitchen...which led to cleaning the windows...

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2007, 05:00:34 PM »

Healing vibes to all who need them.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2007, 05:04:39 PM »

I'm watching Extreme Makeover. Last time I checked the football game was in over time so TAR will most definitely  be late.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2007, 05:17:42 PM »

Quote from DakotaCelt yesterday:
BTW, the Christmas special should be interesting. It is about the Titanic. It is called Voyage of the Damned.

When...when...when?   Where...where...where?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2007, 05:27:57 PM »

Quote from DakotaCelt yesterday:When...when...when?   Where...where...where?

It is supposed to air on the BEEB next month...

SPOILER BELOW
The Doctor meets up with Donna again and they end will be on the Titanic... Was it sunk by an iceberg???
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up