Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: APPLE BROWN BETTY  (Read 17271 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:APPLE BROWN BETTY
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2007, 09:01:47 AM »

It's going to be a LAZY AFTERNOON

And that would be different from any other afternoon?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2007, 09:03:07 AM »

PAGE TWO SHELLEY MANNE DANCE!!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2007, 09:03:41 AM »

Not for me, much to do...I need to put plastic up on the bedroom windows.  It's really helping in the livingroom.  This morning when I went to get the paper, I noticed all the air coming in around the door, so while still in my pjs, I got the foam tape out and went around the door. It makes a huge difference.

I also have to hang miniblinds in the kitchen. I couldn't figure out why that window and another feels so exposed...well duh, I cut down 8 trees last spring.  So windows that were blocked in the past are no longer blocked. That means new window treatments will be in order and miniblinds are the easiest.

Then I'm going to sign up for Curves. Usually this time of the year you can get a registration fee waived or at least discounted or even free to the end of the year.  

Finally I'm going to go get a freezer.  At least I can schedule the delivery.

And then....I need to vacuum the whole house and I want to set up the book shelves in the basement and empty all the boxes of books.  

Then it should be time to watch TAR

Cillaliz

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2007, 09:05:48 AM »

I jsut saw something else that needs to be done...I better get busy!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »

..And going... And going... And going... And going... And going...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2007, 09:10:21 AM »

Well, I believe I'm going to head out and make a take a stroll through Carytown for a bit... Then I can start thinking about my transportation options for tomorrow.  ;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2007, 09:19:07 AM »

Not for me, much to do...I need to put plastic up on the bedroom windows.  It's really helping in the livingroom.  This morning when I went to get the paper, I noticed all the air coming in around the door, so while still in my pjs, I got the foam tape out and went around the door. It makes a huge difference.

I also have to hang miniblinds in the kitchen. I couldn't figure out why that window and another feels so exposed...well duh, I cut down 8 trees last spring.  So windows that were blocked in the past are no longer blocked. That means new window treatments will be in order and miniblinds are the easiest.

Then I'm going to sign up for Curves. Usually this time of the year you can get a registration fee waived or at least discounted or even free to the end of the year.  

Finally I'm going to go get a freezer.  At least I can schedule the delivery.

And then....I need to vacuum the whole house and I want to set up the book shelves in the basement and empty all the boxes of books.  

Then it should be time to watch TAR

My gosh, I'm exhausted just READING about all you're doing!
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2007, 09:33:39 AM »

And the word of the day is: RECUMBENT!
Emmet, the RECENT BUM, found his life had only partially changed after he got himself a job at the megamart.  After spending entire the workday on his feet, he couldn't wait to get RECUMBENT again on his couch.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2007, 09:49:27 AM »

Well, I believe I'm going to head out and make a take a stroll through Carytown for a bit... Then I can start thinking about my transportation options for tomorrow.  ;)

Laters...

It looks like you're at sea about your travel options.

Whether it be by Land or Air

We will see and hear from you back in the Big Apple.

Good Travel Vibes whatever you decide.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2007, 09:49:42 AM »

Thank you Jeanne

Jane

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2007, 09:50:48 AM »

The posts have shrunk.  Am I the only one seeing this?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2007, 09:51:07 AM »

Oops! What happened to our format? Did I do that? I hope not; I don't know who to correct it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2007, 09:52:07 AM »

No, Jane, they're only half as wide as usual for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2007, 09:52:41 AM »

I've finished one chore this morning.  All of the television-based DVDs have been moved into my room, and the space that was cleared has been reorganized for our main DVD collection.

It says something about me, that the two television series that are best represented (with more to come) are Good Eats and Doctor Who.

Der Brucer has now caught the spirit, and is trying to alphabetize our show tune CDs.  The sound of a crash or three coming from the has been entertaining.   ::)  (And he calls me a klutz!)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2007, 09:53:54 AM »

Half as wide for me, as well.

DR Kerry, you might want to check your last post.  The shrinkage started there.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2007, 09:54:23 AM »

I'll log out and see if that helps.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2007, 09:57:09 AM »

Dinner tonight: I've a turkey to roast, one of those $4 specials, the one that didn't land in our freezer.

Now to plan out what the heck I'm doing.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2007, 09:59:01 AM »

Kerry's post was fine when I first saw it. It may have been my post right after it that caused the problem, but deleting my post didn't help. sigh.

Jane

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2007, 10:05:50 AM »

Maybe you didn't notice his was off, I didn't until I noticed the posts below it.  It's odd how the problem moved from the right side of the screen to the left.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2007, 10:06:08 AM »

While reorganizing things, a TOD occured to me:

What books and such do you find yourself returning to again and again, as reference material?

These don't necessarily have to be non-fiction books!

For myself, with that cookbook collection of mine, there are a few I keep coming back to over and over:

James Beard's American Cookery
Mastering the Art of French Cooking, by Julia Child, Luisette Bertholle, and Simone Beck
Joy of Cooking, by Irma S. Rombauer and Marion Rombauer Becker
The Fanny Farmer Cookbook, by Marion Cunningham
The Lee Bros. Southern Cookbook, by Matt and Ted Lee
Anthony Bourdain's Les Halles Cookbook
and Culinary Artistry, by Andrew Dornenburg and Karen Page.  (This last is more a book of lists, giving what ingredients pair well with each other, what ingredients are often found in certain cuisines, that sort of thing - quite valuable whenever I'm trying to "invent" a dish.)

Jane

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2007, 10:06:27 AM »

This is better than wide screen-at least we can still read the posts.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2007, 10:09:15 AM »

But we don't know yet if changing the page will change the view.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2007, 10:12:28 AM »

Der Brucer is now complaining about how much data-entry we have to do on our CD database.  I can guess who he intends to do the data-entry.   ::)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2007, 10:19:11 AM »

The turkey will look pretty lonely on that plate all by itself.

And he's going to want his Sunday paper (Washington Post).  Which means I've got to head to the store.

(Clarification: Der Brucer will want his Sunday paper.  Turkeys don't read.)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 10:20:40 AM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2007, 10:19:51 AM »

But it will be nice to change the page before I go shopping.

Jane

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »

I just received a See's Christmas catalog.  You can now order a box of chocolates with your hand picked favorites.  :)  If only they had this option when I lived on the east coast.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2007, 10:33:14 AM »

BK-

MAKE US "WHOLE" AGAIN

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2007, 10:34:13 AM »

See's has always been the best!

Do they have chocolate covered pretzels?  That's something I discovered a few years ago in Philly.  I'd love to match the concept with See's dark chocolate!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2007, 10:35:42 AM »

And how, dear Jane, have you only "just" received that catalogue?  It's Sunday - no mail delivery.  Did you forget to pick up the mail yesterday?

Or was Keith hiding it?   :o   ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2007, 10:36:24 AM »

OK, I'm going to cheat and make a totally useless post just to get us to...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up