Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WORD POLICE  (Read 32304 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE WORD POLICE
« Reply #180 on: December 07, 2007, 01:09:15 PM »

And one for Mahler!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #181 on: December 07, 2007, 01:15:50 PM »

Grocery gaffe: hams for Hanukkah
Manhattan grocery advertises food Jews can't eat under their dietary laws
The Associated Press
updated 8:20 a.m. PT, Fri., Dec. 7, 2007

NEW YORK
- A luxury grocery store in Manhattan made a food faux pas, advertising hams as "Delicious for Chanukah."

Chanukah - an alternate spelling for Hanukkah - is the eight-day Jewish holiday that began Tuesday evening, and hams, as well as pork and other products from pigs, can't be eaten under Jewish dietary laws.

A woman who saw the mistake over the weekend at the Balducci's store on 14th Street took pictures of the signs and posted them on her blog.

Jennifer Barton, director of marketing, told The Associated Press on Thursday that the signs were changed as soon as the error was noted.

She issued an apology on the company Web site, saying the company would be reviewing its employee training.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22147407/
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 01:18:14 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #182 on: December 07, 2007, 01:18:59 PM »

I just had an "Oh, brother!" moment.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #183 on: December 07, 2007, 01:20:59 PM »

Back from lunch -- shrimp rolls for starters followed by a delicious steaming claypot of shrimp, chicken and green veggies -- broccoli, green beans, zucchini, and mushrooms and brown rice.   De-lish.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #184 on: December 07, 2007, 01:21:48 PM »

My boss is cutting out early today and won't be in until after noon on Monday.  She has a Beverly Hills soiree to attend this weekend.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #185 on: December 07, 2007, 01:22:49 PM »

I've confirmed my root canal for Monday (shudder!).

I know what my co-pay will be and am prepared to fork it over with aplomb.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2007, 01:27:52 PM »

I didn't know about PSYCH being on (I don't watch MONK)!  Is it a one-off holiday episode or has there been a regular season going on that I didn't know about??

Otherwise, thanks for posting this!! :D

No, these are one-off specials for the holiday. The new seasons for them both start in January.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2007, 01:29:07 PM »

It never warmed up anywhere near what was forecast. I don't think it ever got out of the 40s today. It certainly felt cold at lunchtime while I was doing my errands.

Matt H.

« Reply #188 on: December 07, 2007, 01:30:25 PM »

Got a bunch of things watched. I finished watching the "making of" documentary on the NAKED BOYS SINGING DVD. It was an hour long, unusual for this kind of featurette. Really covered a lot of ground, and I was very glad that it was included on the disc.

Matt H.

« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2007, 01:31:34 PM »

I watched another MURDER SHE WROTE episode. It was an Amish-set story with a good mystery and, again, one I had never seen before. I did not get the murderer's identity correct, but the clues were really lacking.

I have two more episodes in the set, and I will be finished with it.

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2007, 01:32:28 PM »

Next, I watched last night's 30 ROCK. Some good moments with typically funny lines from Alec Baldwin. The episode also gave Jane Krakowski more to do than usual.

Matt H.

« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2007, 01:33:38 PM »

Next, I watched CSI. I had no idea this was going to be a two part episode. Focusing on Warrick's drug addiction also took attention away from the murders they were investigating. Not one of their finest moments.

Matt H.

« Reply #192 on: December 07, 2007, 01:34:40 PM »

Next up, I watched SUPERNATURAL. It was a chilling episode about changelings with a couple of really good scares.

Matt H.

« Reply #193 on: December 07, 2007, 01:35:18 PM »

I skimmed through AS THE WORLD TURNS. No gay characters today, but the previews for next week did have one scene featuring them.

Matt H.

« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2007, 01:36:33 PM »

I finished up the afternoon viewing with MY NAME IS EARL. Some good lines as Earl decides he's got to break out of prison. I'll be looking forward to potential upcoming episodes now that he's back in the real world.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »

No, these are one-off specials for the holiday. The new seasons for them both start in January.

Thanks! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #196 on: December 07, 2007, 01:41:23 PM »

Oh!  Oh!

[size=8]ELMO![/size]

I watched Wednesday's episode of "Life" last night (following which, the announcer said that all new episodes of "Life" would resume after the new year....attn: Michael Shayne).

[size=8]S P O I L E R S[/SIZE]

What a terrific episode!  I loved how they started it off with the corpse outside the apartment door, the hole blasted through the door by the girlfriend/wife, the forest of marijuana plants and the missing gun dilemma.  That was a nifty bit of foreplay for the phone call Charlie got and all that followed.  

I remembered thinking at the time Charlie had entered the house and found the wounded girl in Indio that she might actually be the daughter of his dead friend rather than the daughter of his friend's murderer.  

The scene with Charlie in the overturned vehicle and the guys who crashed into him was terrific, too.  "Am I upside down, or are you?" LOL.

And that moment after Charlie left Jack Reese atop the building was a true "red herring".  I'm sure a lot of folks figured he'd shoot himself or jump.  But....NOPE.

I can't wait to see how they further develop the plot that goes into who set Charlie up.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2007, 01:42:41 PM »

Next up, I watched SUPERNATURAL. It was a chilling episode about changelings with a couple of really good scares.

What moved and impressed me in this episode was the affinity Dean has with kids....especially with THAT kid.  And I DO THINK he is Dean's, despite the mother's sincere claim that he was not.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #198 on: December 07, 2007, 01:43:54 PM »

Got a bunch of things watched. I finished watching the "making of" documentary on the NAKED BOYS SINGING DVD. It was an hour long, unusual for this kind of featurette. Really covered a lot of ground, and I was very glad that it was included on the disc.

That's really weird--I wonder if my screener was an advance copy.  The featurette was only about 15 minutes on mine!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #199 on: December 07, 2007, 01:44:17 PM »

I'm enjoying the after-taste of lunch.  It's a bit garlicky, and a bit ricey with some shrimp-chicken tones, too.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Matt H.

« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2007, 01:44:45 PM »

Oh!  Oh!

[size=8]ELMO![/size]

I watched Wednesday's episode of "Life" last night (following which, the announcer said that all new episodes of "Life" would resume after the new year....attn: Michael Shayne).

[size=8]S P O I L E R S[/SIZE]

What a terrific episode!  I loved how they started it off with the corpse outside the apartment door, the hole blasted through the door by the girlfriend/wife, the forest of marijuana plants and the missing gun dilemma.  That was a nifty bit of foreplay for the phone call Charlie got and all that followed.  

I remembered thinking at the time Charlie had entered the house and found the wounded girl in Indio that she might actually be the daughter of his dead friend rather than the daughter of his friend's murderer.  

The scene with Charlie in the overturned vehicle and the guys who crashed into him was terrific, too.  "Am I upside down, or are you?" LOL.

And that moment after Charlie left Jack Reese atop the building was a true "red herring".  I'm sure a lot of folks figured he'd shoot himself or jump.  But....NOPE.

I can't wait to see how they further develop the plot that goes into who set Charlie up.

My favorite moment (well, one of my favorites) watching the show in high definition was when the snake was hanging over the policeman's left shoulder, and the camera whirled around for us to see it. In HD, the snake felt like it was RIGHT in my face. Creepy!

Matt H.

« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2007, 01:46:16 PM »

What moved and impressed me in this episode was the affinity Dean has with kids....especially with THAT kid.  And I DO THINK he is Dean's, despite the mother's sincere claim that he was not.

What I didn't like was his already developed leering and sense of entitlement with the girls at age 8. That did not go well with me at all.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: December 07, 2007, 01:47:17 PM »

Back from shipping, visiting one of the only antique malls left in the city (they were so popular five to ten years ago, and now they're kaput, basically),  and picking up some packages at the mail place, including a loverly box of chocolates for me to eat - and unique, too - from Godiva, they all are in the shape of pies and have various pie flavor fillings.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #203 on: December 07, 2007, 01:47:24 PM »

In today's UPS delivery:

The Complete Calvin & Hobbes.

OOF....this box weighs about 40-60 pounds!  I am SO glad I get "prime" shipments via Amazon.

Matt H.

« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2007, 01:47:32 PM »

That's really weird--I wonder if my screener was an advance copy.  The featurette was only about 15 minutes on mine!

Yes, you definitely got a preproduction screener. Bummer. It was very informative about the entire casting, preproduction, production, and post production facets of the show.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2007, 01:48:22 PM »

What I didn't like was his already developed leering and sense of entitlement with the girls at age 8. That did not go well with me at all.

But it WAS Dean-esque as a trait!  :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 01:48:34 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Matt H.

« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2007, 01:48:42 PM »

I just read in VARIETY that NBC is bringing MEDIUM back to its 10 p.m. Monday timeslot on January 7th. Hallelujah!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2007, 01:49:17 PM »

I already ate one of the peanut butter pie ones.

Matt H.

« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2007, 01:49:21 PM »

But it WAS Dean-esque as a trait!  :)

Of course it was. I got the joke; I just didn't like it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2007, 01:49:42 PM »

Looking forward to the coconut cream pie and the chocolate cream pie, too.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up