Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: PREAMBLE  (Read 32607 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:PREAMBLE
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2008, 06:57:43 AM »

I needs must get ready for work.

If only my bed didn't beckon me so warmly.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2008, 06:58:00 AM »

And for now....that-a is that-a!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2008, 07:00:50 AM »

Ooh!  Ooh!  I started

[size=8] Page 3 [/shadow][/size][/font][/color]

Julie

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2008, 07:05:58 AM »

Good morning.
I am currently enjoying my first cup of coffee, from a mug that says Pacific Overtures on it.

Julie

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2008, 07:08:03 AM »

My DH's great Aunt has passed away in South Dakota at the ripe old age of 96.  We have been asked to perform the memorial service on Saturday.  Assuming we can scramble to make arrangements for Zach, we may be taking a quick trip toward the end of the week.

I'm so sorry for your loss.   96!  

Julie

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2008, 07:08:47 AM »

Snow-capped mountains are seen behind the Long Beach Airport, as seen from Signal Hill on Monday. The recent storms dropped several inches of water north of Long Beach, much of which fell as snow at higher elevations. (Stephen Carr/Staff Photographer )

der Brucer

Great photo.  It looks beautiful there.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 07:09:08 AM by Julie »

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2008, 07:30:45 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  I'm here at my desk at work, between off-site meetings.  It's another weirdly-warm day here in SW Ohio, but high winds make it seem cooler than yesterday.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2008, 07:30:59 AM »

Even though he's gone

Hi, Ron!

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2008, 07:31:27 AM »

Condolences to the DH of DR Singdaw and vibes for smooth travels to South Dakota this weekend.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2008, 07:31:36 AM »

It's also very warm in New York (for January). The temperature may get up to 65!

Ben

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2008, 07:32:00 AM »

Of course, we will pay for it in February.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2008, 07:32:08 AM »

Good morning!

It's overcast here but very warm. Don't really know what the day will bring weather-wise.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2008, 07:34:52 AM »

I reviewed a DVD from 2007 that I think was unfairly ignored at the cinema last year: THE HOAX about the Clifford Irving/Howard Hughes hoax. Richard Gere and Alfred Molina give excellent performances, and the whole corrupt scheme was SO ballsy. I really enjoyed the movie a lot and wouldn't hesitate for others who have an interest in learning more about the people involved.

(The DVD transfer, BTW, was kind of disappointing.)

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2008, 07:36:25 AM »

My favorite "unknown" MGM musical that I recommend to folks is I LOVE MELVIN. Obviously made on a tiny budget, but the numbers are all so much fun.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2008, 07:37:08 AM »

I don't care at all about the People's Choice awards that are on tonight. However, LAW & ORDER: SVU has a new episode, so I will be watching that.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2008, 07:37:47 AM »

Otherwise, today, I'll be watching (and attempting to finish as best I can) SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH, Season 3.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2008, 07:38:30 AM »

Yes, it's true.

There is a bill pending in the NY state legislature to change the name of WESTCHESTER COUNTY to SINGDAWLAND.

Henceforth, anyone who does not comply with local recycling laws will have a sticker with a picture of ME attached to their garbage cans.

THAT oughta scare everyone into compliance!    :P

ROTFLOL.
What laws will you enact as ruler of SINGDAWLAND?

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2008, 07:39:20 AM »

I also noticed that Fox tonight is showing the pilot episodes of both BONES and HOUSE. A good place to start with each show if one wants to get involved with either series. HOUSE, of course, has changed much more over its few seasons than BONES has.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2008, 07:40:14 AM »

Good day one and all!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2008, 07:40:38 AM »

My DH's great Aunt has passed away in South Dakota at the ripe old age of 96.  We have been asked to perform the memorial service on Saturday.  Assuming we can scramble to make arrangements for Zach, we may be taking a quick trip toward the end of the week.

I am sorry to hear of her passing, Singdaw, my condolences.

What part of South Dakota?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2008, 07:42:22 AM »

I am also looking forward to the return of Indy....

Great picture on the front of the magazine.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2008, 07:45:55 AM »

Shia LaBeouf is a very gifted young actor whose star is on the ascendant.  
Miley Cyrus is the daughter of Billy Ray; she has a television show for Disney.  Millions of screaming tweens know her as Hannah Montana.
So much for today's lesson in Pop Culture 101.

Both of my neices are big fans of Miley and her role, Hannah Montana.

I watched it once to see what all the buzz was about. It was okay but I did not find it great television watching.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2008, 07:46:14 AM »

I have seen Shia in a couple of things and thought he was okay.  I think his name is pronounced Shay, but it could be Shy - but it still sounds like something on the menu.

I have heard it pronounced Shy

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2008, 07:48:12 AM »

Good morning, everyone.
I didn't fall asleep until 3:30 this morning and I am feeling ROTTEN! There. I said it. I do hope that everyone else is having a nice day.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2008, 07:50:11 AM »

I appreciate the lessons in Pop Culture 101. Maybe TD or another DR could fill the rest of us in from time to time, just so we don't feel like such ignoramuses (ignorami?).

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2008, 07:50:31 AM »

I reviewed a DVD from 2007 that I think was unfairly ignored at the cinema last year: THE HOAX about the Clifford Irving/Howard Hughes hoax. Richard Gere and Alfred Molina give excellent performances, and the whole corrupt scheme was SO ballsy. I really enjoyed the movie a lot and wouldn't hesitate for others who have an interest in learning more about the people involved.

(The DVD transfer, BTW, was kind of disappointing.)

MattH, DBF and I saw THE HOAX at the FArgo Theatre and it was excellent. We both enjoyed.

Another good one is Rescue Dawn
                                The Namesake

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2008, 07:50:57 AM »

I'd have to think about the TOD. Right now my brain isn't working too well.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2008, 07:52:14 AM »

I appreciate the lessons in Pop Culture 101. Maybe TD or another DR could fill the rest of us in from time to time, just so we don't feel like such ignoramuses (ignorami?).

My dear there are times where ignorance is a blissful thing... ;)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2008, 07:54:09 AM »

Last night I started Val McDermid's THE DISTANT ECHO. She is indeed an impressive writer.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2008, 07:56:22 AM »

My dear there are times where ignorance is a blissful thing... ;)

I'm sure you're right, Dakota, but perhaps there's a limit?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up