Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: RANT  (Read 35627 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:RANT
« Reply #330 on: January 16, 2008, 08:50:35 PM »

PAGE 12 DANCE...The Cell Phone Shuffle!!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

;)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 08:50:51 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #331 on: January 16, 2008, 08:52:41 PM »

Cute story vixmom....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #332 on: January 16, 2008, 08:54:05 PM »

I was looking at material for a project for class. In my journey of periodical and thesis land I came acorss a thesis on online fan communities. It was on a board that I sometimes visit and I was quoted... I am very creeped out.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #333 on: January 16, 2008, 08:54:34 PM »

It was something I did not expect. The person used my online persona for that board.

George

« Reply #334 on: January 16, 2008, 09:01:38 PM »

It was something I did not expect. The person used my online persona for that board.

Did they actually post as you or did they just quote you??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #335 on: January 16, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »

Either way, that is creepy. :P

George

« Reply #336 on: January 16, 2008, 09:06:55 PM »

Well, I need to go.  I came into work late, so I stayed late, and now I can leave.

FJL

« Reply #337 on: January 16, 2008, 09:10:42 PM »

Noel - we find what we want to find.  If you consider the New York Sun and curtainup.com and the Siegels' review (and theirs is just as much a review from Talkin' Broadway as Matthew Murray's) as discouraging people from seeing LITTLE MERMAID, then you are finding what you want to find.

I've made my agenda clear on trying to be supportive of the show.  You made a blanket statement that the critics were "fairly unanimous" that MERMAID was "bad."

Here's a post of mine from All That Chat, making clear my biases regarding this show, which I've also detailed here on HHW:

"I've conceded a desire to see this show succeed, between enjoying the show, an appreciation and a Workshop connection to some of the creative people, and my other half having at one point worked for Disney and still happily getting checks from that work.

I still haven't done a comprehensive read-through of all the reviews, but doing a search of ATC, of the fifteen or so I've read (including a few I've linked), the Associated Press (Michael Kuchwara), New York 1 (Roma Torre), Wall Street Journal (Terry Teachout) are as good as the Philadelphia Inquirer review you [referring to Bob Rendell] linked last week in terms of highly recommending the show, and those three reviews are in a strong target market for theatergoers in NYC and on tour.

I also see in googling that USA Today gave it a very respectful analysis and overall really recommended it (though not a rave like the above critics, it would sell tickets to a very wide readership). And of the internet reviewers on major sites, Theatermania liked the songwriting calling several of the new songs "enthralling" even though negative on the show, and curtainup.com was very respectful and favorable despite their disappointment with certain elements.

Several of the raves and recommendations are either widely-read (AP, USA Today) or read/heard by a great target audience for theatergoers (the theatre-oriented NY1 Onstage, and the business-oriented Wall Street Journal readership). Obviously, they surely would have loved to have had a recommendation from the NY Times, but is the Times review any more discouraging than Brantley's review of shows like Wicked (the show, not the star) or Legally Blonde?"

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #338 on: January 16, 2008, 09:35:48 PM »

Back from the DGA and Michael Clayton.  I've now seen the majority of the DGA nominated films - Michael Clayton is the only one that got applause from the DGA crowd at the end.  Make of that what you will.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #339 on: January 16, 2008, 09:36:07 PM »

Haven't heard from muse Margaret yet - hopefully soon or in the morning.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #340 on: January 16, 2008, 09:38:27 PM »

I got a nice e-mail from William Richert, the director of Winter Kills.  I'd visited his website and purchased his redo of his Jimmy Reardon film, which was mangled by Fox (scenes cut, interference all the way, Elmer Bernstein score replaced by songs and Bill Conti) - his version has narration back in, scenes back in  and Bernstein back in.  I wrote him an e-mail just telling him we'd had similar experiences in terms of studios trying to kill films and he sent me a very nice response.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #341 on: January 16, 2008, 09:38:42 PM »

Will we never get to page thirteen?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #342 on: January 16, 2008, 09:39:26 PM »

Coming out of the DGA I was greeted by crazy winds - could barely get the door of the DGA building open and the winds were something fierce - not so bad in the Valley, thankfully.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #343 on: January 16, 2008, 09:52:38 PM »

Did they actually post as you or did they just quote you??

They quoted me

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #344 on: January 16, 2008, 10:11:37 PM »

Well, I really do want to get up a bit earlier tomorrow, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #345 on: January 16, 2008, 11:15:17 PM »

No one in the jernt but me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #346 on: January 16, 2008, 11:45:31 PM »

Sneaks up behind.... BOO!!!  :: runs away and hides :::

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #347 on: January 17, 2008, 12:04:57 AM »

Very quiet tonight...

George

« Reply #348 on: January 17, 2008, 12:14:55 AM »

It's very cold here. :P
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up