Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: RANT  (Read 35957 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:RANT
« Reply #300 on: January 16, 2008, 06:33:03 PM »

PAGE 11 DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #301 on: January 16, 2008, 06:33:15 PM »

Wait.

You mean our bk isn't innocent?

BK was never[/i] innocent.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #302 on: January 16, 2008, 06:33:42 PM »

My memory is that she becomes sea foam, since she cannot go back to her world nor remain on earth.  Dvorak's great opera RUSALKA with its glorious "Song to the Moon" is the same story, and Giraudoux' play ONDINE, which starred Audrey Hepburn, is based on the version UNDINE by  Friedrich Heinrich Karl La Motte Fouqué, which needs a new edition.  In Giraudoux' play, she returns to the fold, as I recall.  My memory is that her last scene is with the Old Man of the Sea - the deal is she will forget everything on earth if Hans is unfaithful to her. i've always wanted to read UNDINE, but English versions have been out of print for years.

And there's also Once On This Island where she's turned into a tree.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #303 on: January 16, 2008, 06:37:00 PM »

Yes, DR Dakota.  I'm really enjoying wearing my sweaters and turtlenecks.  There's a lot less humidity here - my hair, skin, and lips are so dry.  I'm using lots of lotion and lip gloss.  They're predicting snow for tomorrow and Friday.

You are about to get a cold blast from the north...

My hair gets really staticky in the winter. I have some lotion I got from Avon that I really like called Moisture Therapy. REally good stuff.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #304 on: January 16, 2008, 06:37:41 PM »

BK was never[/i] innocent.

;)

REally??? :)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #305 on: January 16, 2008, 06:54:47 PM »

This afternoon I visited an independent bookstore in Oconomowoc (which I love to say!) called Books & Company.  That's the name of one of our favorite stores in SW Ohio and the ladies here in WI said that they get phone calls and emails for the store in Ohio.  In the hour or so I was in the store, they received a call about every 3 minutes asking if they had the latest issue of Sports Illustrated, which apparently has a cover photo of Bret Favre and lots of coverage of the Green Bay Packers.  It's totally unavailable here and I offered to have folks in SW Ohio overnight some copies that they could sell.  They almost took me up on it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #306 on: January 16, 2008, 07:06:29 PM »

Gheesh, the night I find all sorts of goodies for a project, I forget the jumpdrive!  GRRR!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #307 on: January 16, 2008, 07:09:32 PM »

This afternoon I visited an independent bookstore in Oconomowoc (which I love to say!) called Books & Company.  That's the name of one of our favorite stores in SW Ohio and the ladies here in WI said that they get phone calls and emails for the store in Ohio.  In the hour or so I was in the store, they received a call about every 3 minutes asking if they had the latest issue of Sports Illustrated, which apparently has a cover photo of Bret Favre and lots of coverage of the Green Bay Packers.  It's totally unavailable here and I offered to have folks in SW Ohio overnight some copies that they could sell.  They almost took me up on it.

I could even look in Fargo...

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #308 on: January 16, 2008, 07:21:05 PM »

Thank you all, for the hugs, the vibes, and the good wishes.  Friends make reality softer!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #309 on: January 16, 2008, 07:24:36 PM »

Good Evening!

So... I got a call from a friend of mine earlier today.  He happened to be in need of some music for one of his students coming in this afternoon.  And he also asked if I might be interested in coming and playing for the lesson too.  And it turned out his student was Matthew Morrison of Light in the Piazza and Hairspray fame, as well as the upcoming revival of South Pacific.  And he was very kind, and allowed my friend to snap the following pic for my roommate who's currently working overseas - and is a great big fan of Matt's.  :)

Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #310 on: January 16, 2008, 07:29:29 PM »

Good Evening!

So... I got a call from a friend of mine earlier today.  He happened to be in need of some music for one of his students coming in this afternoon.  And he also asked if I might be interested in coming and playing for the lesson too.  And it turned out his student was Matthew Morrison of Light in the Piazza and Hairspray fame, as well as the upcoming revival of South Pacific.  And he was very kind, and allowed my friend to snap the following pic for my roommate who's currently working overseas - and is a great big fan of Matt's.  :)

That's pretty darned cool! :D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #311 on: January 16, 2008, 07:33:19 PM »

After the voice lesson, I headed on down to Chelsea to see about getting my haircut since I had about two hours before my next appointment.  Well, when I stepped into the barber shop, there were about five other people in front of me - including a mother who had brought her three sons in to be coiffed.  Hmm...

So, I decided to just head back out, and up 9th Ave. to get a bite to eat before the short audition session I had to play this afternoon.  -Who knew that the Newboys' choreography in Gypsy was truly harder than it looks?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #312 on: January 16, 2008, 07:34:55 PM »

That's pretty darned cool! :D

:)

*I just sent the pic to my friend, Megan...  So, if you happen to hear a scream emanating from Macau sometime over the next couple of hours, it's probably her.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #313 on: January 16, 2008, 07:51:07 PM »

After playing for the Newsboys, I met up with my friend, Carl, who's in town for a few days to see some shows.  He lives in Toronto, but due to the weird airfares right now, he ended driving across the border to fly out of Buffalo Niagara International Airport in order to save about $800(!) on the flight.  In any case, we had a nice catch up session over some sushi before he headed over to The Palace to see Legally Blonde.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #314 on: January 16, 2008, 08:00:12 PM »

Good Evening!

Great picture!

Broken leg vibes to Matt!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #315 on: January 16, 2008, 08:01:09 PM »

Ginny, there have a been a few lovely independent bookstores I have been over the years. I prefer them more often over the chains.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #316 on: January 16, 2008, 08:05:05 PM »

Maybe I will watch Legally Blonde again this weekend. That is a fun musical

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #317 on: January 16, 2008, 08:06:06 PM »

How about Butz's butt??

Well, when Norbert was playing the Emcee in the Donmar/Roundabout Cabaret, you got to see his butt at the end of the first act.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #318 on: January 16, 2008, 08:06:25 PM »

Les Mis is on the work puter...

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #319 on: January 16, 2008, 08:12:34 PM »

I'll be watching this!! ;D

I recorded it and will watch it tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #320 on: January 16, 2008, 08:14:28 PM »

Movie line:

"I doubt very much you would like her in 'The Hairy Ape.'"

From ALL ABOUT EVE.

Michael

« Reply #321 on: January 16, 2008, 08:15:48 PM »

Just returned from seeing Ann Hampton Callaway. This was the first time I had he opportunity to see her perform live. What a treat! What performer. I have see many many performers and she is one of the best. If you have a chance to see her live. GO!!!!

I got to meet her afterwards and see signed my many cds of mine. Commenting that I had the original pressings of some of them. She wanted a hug from me and boy is she tall!!!

Sitting next to me was music director for many HHW performers (Liz Callaway, Jason Graae etc) Alex Rybeck and Avery Summers who played Jewel on the Ann Margret version of The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas where she played Jewel. Avery is a Florida resident. With them was Mark Heller who produces the Cabaret series here in Florida and elsewhere.
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #322 on: January 16, 2008, 08:16:15 PM »

Good Evening!

What a great pic, DR Jose! Loved it.

Matt H.

« Reply #323 on: January 16, 2008, 08:18:15 PM »

My goodness, the guest stars were in full force in the four or five HAWAII FIVE-O episodes I watched tonight: Joan Van Ark, Lloyd Bochner, William Shallert, Albert Salmi.

Matt H.

« Reply #324 on: January 16, 2008, 08:19:17 PM »

And in one episode, McGarrett and a group of deputies get on horseback and ride the ridges looking for an old man fleeing from them. Among the deputies (and not even getting billing) was Patrick Duffy.

Matt H.

« Reply #325 on: January 16, 2008, 08:21:16 PM »

LAW & ORDER had a great, labyrinthan case tonight that began with a missing pair of pants at a dry cleaners and ended up with murder and a huge cover-up concerning poison toothpaste. A great episode.

Since the show premiered with its new cast members a few weeks ago, every episode has been a winner, and I just love the show all over again.

Matt H.

« Reply #326 on: January 16, 2008, 08:22:35 PM »

Tomorrow, I should find some time to get to RENO 911! and (maybe) PROJECT RUNWAY.

I've decided that since I'm so far along with HAWAII FIVE-O now, there's no reason now not to simply finish it over the next day or two. Then, I'll spend all weekend with the Criterion discs.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #327 on: January 16, 2008, 08:27:54 PM »

Bruce, you had to mention people who look at you when they are driving-I really hate that!  Even worse is when they look at you and you are in the back seat-scary!

Shortly after we were married Vixdad's parents visited from their native England to spend Christmas with us,(several years before they emigrated to Canada)  They were in the back seat and we were driving them around to show them all the lit up houses.

Vixdad was keeping up a running commentary of the houses but his parents seemed  to be be having difficulty hearing what he was saying to them as they kept reply in monosyllables; so Vixdad kept turning more and more in his seat to look at them, practically hanging over the seat,  thinking they couldn't hear him properly...

Finally his Mum shouted at him  " For God's sake watch the road!!!"

He laughed and pointed at me and said  "SHE'S driving!"
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matt H.

« Reply #328 on: January 16, 2008, 08:42:55 PM »

I'll be writing just a bit and then heading downstairs to bed.

Good night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #329 on: January 16, 2008, 08:44:00 PM »

As for cellphones...

I LOVE(!!!!) it when I go to a place of business, and I happen to catch a clerk not[/b] help someone out when they get to the counter.  Then after an exchange of dirty looks and puzzling glances, the clerk "gently" points to the "Use of Cell Phones At The Window Is Prohibited".  :)

That sign now appears in almost all Broadway theatre box offices, and I've seen it enforced a couple of times.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up