Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WEARY BLEARY EYEBALLS  (Read 41877 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:WEARY BLEARY EYEBALLS
« Reply #330 on: January 22, 2008, 07:10:39 PM »

I always enjoyed Lois Nettleton and felt she didn't work enough.  

JMK I don’t remember ACCIDENTAL FAMILY.  I would like to see an episode or two.

Jane

« Reply #331 on: January 22, 2008, 07:13:32 PM »

The one place you could get a peanut butter donut in LA is long gone (Jane might remember - it was a donut place across the street from the Bruin).  I need one of them jelly peanut butter donuts NOW.

Stan's...Best apple fritter, though he calls it an apple crisp, ever!  

Jane

« Reply #332 on: January 22, 2008, 07:15:32 PM »

Keith is making pop corn to eat while watching NORHANGER ABBEY.

'night

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #333 on: January 22, 2008, 07:19:29 PM »

I have just signed a petition for the protection of pets in the EU.  The following was sent to me by an American woman who has been working hard to change the treatment of pets & strays in Romania.

Signatures from everywhere will make a difference, so please read & decide if you would like to sign as well.  

Subject: Allow a European Convention To Protect Pets and Stray Animals

A member of the European Parliament, Mr. Alain Hutchinson, is committed to cooperate with animal welfare and to get a "European Convention Protecting Pets and Stray Animals" passed as soon as possible.

He needs 1 million signatures in order to present the project to the Parliament. That means we need to get hard at work and collect those signatures.

Can you please help by signing this petition? It's easy and won't take much time. To go to the petition copy this link to your browser:
http://www.romaniaanimalrescue.com/Europe.htm

Thanks!

I just signed. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #334 on: January 22, 2008, 07:24:15 PM »

I noticed on my Futurama calendar that tomorrow, Wednesday, January 23, 2008 is National Pie Day!

Tomorrow, let's all eat pie!! :D

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 07:24:31 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #335 on: January 22, 2008, 07:24:59 PM »

DR JMK - I don't see any questions yet on the Forum.....they must be perusing all the enquiries.

I heard from Jack El-Hai this morning.  He assures me Frank Freeman is not nearly as scary as he looks.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #336 on: January 22, 2008, 07:25:22 PM »

Tomorrow is also Chita Rivera's birthday (her 75th, according to my calendar). ;D

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #337 on: January 22, 2008, 07:26:44 PM »

I always enjoyed Lois Nettleton and felt she didn't work enough.  

JMK I don’t remember ACCIDENTAL FAMILY.  I would like to see an episode or two.

Accidental Family was a cute, slight NBC comedy about a widower (Van Dyke) and widow (Nettleton), both with kids (IIRC), who both think they have bought (or maybe rented) the same farm.  It wasn't great, but I loved Nettleton and it was my must-watch show when I was a kid (for the few weeks it was on).

Anyone remember Occasional Wife?

I could go on....singing.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #338 on: January 22, 2008, 07:27:03 PM »

It's time for me to leave work.  I have a filled stamp card for a free sub sandwich at Port of Subs!  I'm off to have a free sub sandwich for dinner! ;)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 07:27:44 PM by George »

George

« Reply #339 on: January 22, 2008, 07:29:08 PM »

AND if you save your large Port of Subs cup (which I did), you can get refills for half price! :D

George

« Reply #340 on: January 22, 2008, 07:29:23 PM »

Have a good rest of the evening, all.

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #341 on: January 22, 2008, 07:40:34 PM »

CNN is reporting that it was over the counter sleeping pills.  Who tries to kill themselves with Sominex?
I couldn't sleep. I took a sominex. But voices in my head kept saying take another, and another...

(Sorry, I know it's tacky, but I can't help myself.)
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #342 on: January 22, 2008, 07:47:57 PM »

I hope that's not all at once.

Hope it's a pleasant as possible.It's the latest smoothie.

Perhaps, but it's not one of my smoothies!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #343 on: January 22, 2008, 07:49:59 PM »

DON"T LET THE DEAD BUGS BITE - the musical thriller about dead bugs coming back to haunt the exterminators who killed them

We had a bed bug problem for several months, but not the epidemic that Elmore seems to be experiencing. We think that they came from the moving van when my roommate moved in. They traveled to my room but (knock on wood) after several months of battling and spraying and wrapping things in plastic, I do believe we got rid of them. I'm so sorry that you are having to go through that- it was a miserable time for us.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #344 on: January 22, 2008, 07:55:30 PM »

CNN is reporting that it was over the counter sleeping pills.  Who tries to kill themselves with Sominex?

;D

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #345 on: January 22, 2008, 08:00:11 PM »

Most often, the actors who speak out (as opposed to running for office) are being questioned about their actual knowledge on the issues, and their use/abuse of their celebrity status.  Tom Cruise as an authority on psychology?  Puh and leaze.  And Chuck Norris dissing McCain as being too old to run for President, when McCain is just four years older than Norris?  Laughable.

There are many other actors who are advocates for various causes, who have taken the time to research those causes and actively participate (Ted Danson's helping found the American Oceans Campaign comes to mind, and who can forget Doris Day being more than a talking head for animal rights.  And Marlo Thomas' role as an advocate for children fits in.)  When an actor becomes involved with a cause, rather than just talking about it, then I believe that involvement deserves to be celebrated.

Well said. I totally agree.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #346 on: January 22, 2008, 08:05:31 PM »

I only know what the news reports and the last report I had read prior to my post mentioned it was likely a suicide.

Such sad news. I've heard reports offering both explanations. We'll have to wait to see what drugs were found in his system. From my limited knowledge of psychopharmacology, it's very hard to accidentally OD on sleeping pills.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #347 on: January 22, 2008, 08:05:58 PM »

The taters - what should I call it, a galette? - turned out very nicely, I thought.  Der B thought them a bit salty.  I think his salt-o-meter needs recalibration.

In any case, I feel like getting more sleep.  I might get called in to work tomorrow, or I might get a haircut.  We all know how much energy a haircut requires.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #348 on: January 22, 2008, 08:06:25 PM »

That's very Judy Garland of you.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #349 on: January 22, 2008, 08:13:03 PM »

OH!  While I was out and about earlier, I also stopped into the new Whole Foods Market - Bowery[/b] location.  What a beaut of a store!

Two floors, wide aisles, a beer room, a fromagerie (cheese cave), an espresso bar, four mini-"restaurants" (Italian, sushi, sandwiches, salads), a Culinary Center (classroom), a Pommes Frites station(!), etc., etc., etc.

*And the lady at the gelato counter offered me a very generous sample of the Thai Chili Chocolate Gelato from Il Laboratoria Del Gelato.  :)

I would like to hear more about this cheese cave.

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #350 on: January 22, 2008, 08:15:30 PM »

Just had a chat with my Mom online. The teachers in her district just finished a battle w/ the school board for their 8% COLA. The district called it a "raise," said they couldn't afford it, even thought the $ comes from the state & not out of the district's pocket. At first the district said something like "We'll give you 5%" but the teachers wouldn't have it. District finally caved, but they've gotten away with it before. It's actually not explicitly illegal.

Well, just found out now that the district is now playing games with the aides (which hurts both them & the teachers). Keep in mind, these people aren't credentialed & do not work full time (the district won't have it...they'd have to give them benefits). They just have to pass some basic tests; some are college students, some are retired types but want to stay active & the extra $ doesn't hurt. These are people who are used to grading papers, running copies & sometimes taking small groups aside for about 20 minutes. And up to now, one aide may work in up to 3 classrooms per day, which isn't a lot of time to do much for the teacher.

Anyway, this is part of our conversation.

Mom: They took our aides away-not 5 days a wk for 1.5 hrs. But only 1 hr 2x a wk... I'm Swamped in paperwork.
Me: Criminal. To both the teachers & the aides. How are they supposed to eat?
(Granted, they help a few teachers out in the same day. The aides will still be on campus, but in a different capacity & for slightly less time.)
Me: Sounds like punishment for getting your 8%
Mom: What a mess... Aides who are (now) doing tutoring for big groups were out "sick" today. That's 5 aides, all on the same day.
Me: Hm....Blue flu?
Mom: That's what I said to the VP, but she didn't think so....
Many of the aides are in over their heads, & hate the new setup.
Me: I don't blame them.
Mom: Expected to do real teaching in groups.
Me: Argh.
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #351 on: January 22, 2008, 08:16:45 PM »

I have already made the decision to stay home again tomorrow. Whatever I've got going on has settled in my chest and I am very phlegmmy. It seems that every time I try to talk for longer than 30 seconds I break into a fit of wracking coughs that brings me to tears. I'm thinking it will be very hard to function as a therapist without being able to speak. Hopefully my doctor will be able to see me tomorrow or at the very least call in a prescription for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #352 on: January 22, 2008, 08:19:40 PM »

I watched three more JAG episodes. They are entertaining, and I'm rather surprised at myself that I didn't watch the show when it was on TV since I do like courtroom dramas so much. (I think the Navy aspect of it is what deterred me from it, thinking it was a Navy action drama rather than a legal procedural.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #353 on: January 22, 2008, 08:20:45 PM »

Accidental Family was a cute, slight NBC comedy about a widower (Van Dyke) and widow (Nettleton), both with kids (IIRC), who both think they have bought (or maybe rented) the same farm.  It wasn't great, but I loved Nettleton and it was my must-watch show when I was a kid (for the few weeks it was on).

Anyone remember Occasional Wife?

Yes, I loved OCCASIONAL WIFE and was very disappointed when it was canceled after one season.

Matt H.

« Reply #354 on: January 22, 2008, 08:24:02 PM »

I recorded tonight's AMERICAN IDOL just to be able to speed through it sans commercials (which I did in about 25 minutes). I got my fill of the audition round and won't be watching any more. (My friend John talked me into watching), but I really didn't hear anyone tonight I thought was a standout. The awful people, of course, are always the same degree of awful, and I just can't believe I ever spent weeks watching these auditions. Never ever again.

Matt H.

« Reply #355 on: January 22, 2008, 08:25:18 PM »

It is Charleston, SC tomorrow night for the auditions, but I will NOT watch. Even if there are people from Charlotte that I've done theater with that might be on the show. If there are and they make it to Hollywood, I'll see them there.

Matt H.

« Reply #356 on: January 22, 2008, 08:26:28 PM »

Unusual episode for BOSTON LEGAL.

Both Alan and Jerry lost their cases which almost never happens. Pretty tedious episode, however. I had a hard time staying awake for it.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #357 on: January 22, 2008, 08:27:17 PM »

American Idol seems to be all about exploiting oddity and mental illness- not that that's different from any other season, but there seems to be more of it this year.

Matt H.

« Reply #358 on: January 22, 2008, 08:47:04 PM »

I'm heading down for bed now. Eyes are feeling very heavy tonight.

Good night!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #359 on: January 22, 2008, 09:42:51 PM »

WUSSBURGERING has happened especially early this evening.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up