Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: PUT A LITTLE PEPPER ON IT  (Read 30955 times)

FJL

Re:PUT A LITTLE PEPPER ON IT
« Reply #270 on: January 27, 2008, 08:35:00 PM »

Oh, page 10!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #271 on: January 27, 2008, 08:39:52 PM »

Almost done watching a motion picture.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #272 on: January 27, 2008, 08:41:45 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back from seeing Sunday in the Park with George... And I think I'm almost done crying.  For tonight.  :( ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #273 on: January 27, 2008, 08:43:55 PM »

I'm going to write a bit and then head on downstairs to bed.

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #274 on: January 27, 2008, 08:45:52 PM »

Jose - I had misunderstood your post.  I thought your friend who works with Roundabout was getting you a comp or walking you in.  Oh, well - you know you're always among the first two or three people I think of when there's an extra ticket; this one especially would have been so much fun to have seen with you.

Fred - No worries.  I do have a friend who does walk me in from time to time, but we get those location passes, and depending upon who doesn't show up to take their seats determines where we end up sitting.  Sometimes we get something decent, sometimes we get the last two rows of the mezzanine.  And sometimes we start off in decent seats, then have to give them up for the second half since the original "owners" showed up late.  I really wanted to see this show - whether it be this afternoon, tonight, or even Tuesday, so...

In any case, I'm glad I got to spend a couple of hours with my friend, Paul, since we hadn't seen each other in about three years.  And when I got to the box office around 3:30, they had just released some of the held subscriber seats over to the "qualifies for the discount" pile.  So, it truly all worked out in the end.  *Now, I do plan to see the show again, so...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #275 on: January 27, 2008, 08:54:11 PM »

And, yes, I loved the production.  I've always loved the show, and this production really knocked it out of the Park for me. ;) -And I agree with DR FJL about the "excitement" in the second act.  They way the first act is paced, performed, interpreted, really makes you have to have to second act.  But I've always loves the second act, so...

Tonight's audience was filled with lots of theatre folk: Christopher Fitzgerald, Jonathan Dukochitz, Michael Arnold, Stephanie Block, Sebastian Arcellus, Tituss Burgess (Big Hug!), James T. Lane (the current Richie in A Chorus Line - another Big Hug there too), a couple more of the Young Frankenstein, Wicked, A Chorus Line, Little Mermaid, etc., etc., etc., cast and crew.  OH!  And Governor Spitzer too!

After the show, I was able to catch up a bit with Brynne O'Malley (who plays Celeste #1/Elaine), and Mary Beth Peil (Old Lady, Blair).  Mary Beth and I haven't seen each other since we did Sweeney Todd back at the Kennedy Center, and it was so nice to see her again, and to give her a Big Hug - and to know that she still remembered who I was! (Whew!)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #276 on: January 27, 2008, 08:55:46 PM »

And I even managed to catch up with Daniel Evans when he left the stage door.  Surprisingly, there was no one really "stage dooring" tonight, except for friends and family.  In any case, I thanked him profusely for his work, and we chatted about the show for a bit too.  And, yes, he is a cutie!  And with that accent... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #277 on: January 27, 2008, 08:59:56 PM »

Jose - I did find that all very awkward with the way those passes were handled.   At 2 on the dot (no pun intended), someone outside the theater was announcing that the doors were closing, so i raced in, and they were putting people from the "line" into any empty seats.  Of course, there were loads of people inside who just hadn't sat yet, since everyone knows a 2:00 show starts at 2:05 or 2:07, and this one was no exception.  People from the "line" were being seated, and had to be moved for seatholders that got in before the show started.  Here's a thought for the Roundabout:  What you're gaining is good will from people from the "line" who are paying rush rates, and turning off (a) people who are paying full price and (b) subscribers who get there on time, which in any normal theater is 2:05, by using this ludicrous method of seat filling.  If someone buys a ticket, that seat should be theirs, not because of any legal right, but because the fiscally sound thing to do is to not inconvenience full-pricers and subscribers (by forcing them into rotten seats until intermission) to accommodate rush people.

Cillaliz

« Reply #278 on: January 27, 2008, 09:02:49 PM »

Whew! It was a busy weekend.  I got up Saturday and cleaned like crazy before my parents arrived to go shopping.  We had a nice day Saturday and today I slept in and did a ton of laundry.
I've also been working outside. After our below zero weather last week, it's been in the 40s this weekend. We get one more day of it and then we're back into the teens, so I got the driveway cleaned off and a lot if the sidewalk.  I also swept out the garage and tried to do as many things I as I could before it gets cold again

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #279 on: January 27, 2008, 09:04:31 PM »

Good evening, all!

We're safely home---a nice, uncrowded flight, and in 2 minutes it will be the birthday of my own DH!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #280 on: January 27, 2008, 09:04:47 PM »

Now to catch up...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #281 on: January 27, 2008, 09:05:15 PM »

Jose - I did find that all very awkward with the way those passes were handled.   At 2 on the dot (no pun intended), someone outside the theater was announcing that the doors were closing, so i raced in, and they were putting people from the "line" into any empty seats.  Of course, there were loads of people inside who just hadn't sat yet, since everyone knows a 2:00 show starts at 2:05 or 2:07, and this one was no exception.  People from the "line" were being seated, and had to be moved for seatholders that got in before the show started.  Here's a thought for the Roundabout:  What you're gaining is good will from people from the "line" who are paying rush rates, and turning off (a) people who are paying full price and (b) subscribers who get there on time, which in any normal theater is 2:05, by using this ludicrous method of seat filling.  If someone buys a ticket, that seat should be theirs, not because of any legal right, but because the fiscally sound thing to do is to not inconvenience full-pricers and subscribers (by forcing them into rotten seats until intermission) to accommodate rush people.

Yeah, it is a bit of a weird process with the location passes, especially considering that whole foyer is not the most "entrance friendly" place anyway.

However, most of those location passes are given out to volunteers, office staff, phone sales people, etc.  And they are basically free(!) tickets.  And the passes do state that if it turns out there are no seats available, you may have to leave the theatre or stand in the mezz -- which has happened from time to time, since they give out a set number of location passes for each performance.  The passes are numbered too, and some of those numbers - the priority - depends on who you are.

But, yes, it's a totally messy system.  And having the ushers going row to row right before curtain and shoving people into those seats is most disruptive.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #282 on: January 27, 2008, 09:06:07 PM »

They brought me a couple pieces of furniture - one is an antique spool cabinet that my mother painted years ago and then regretted it, so she started stripping the paint off. It's about half done. It's on a really cool iron stand. It's had enough done that I think my only choice is to keep stripping the paint and refinish.  The other is a cool tea cart. The rubber around the big wheels is off. One of the big wheels comes off and one of the little wheels comes off. It's a really nice piece of maple furniture. There are a few scratches but not many. It's a piece I've always liked. So, I'm going to try to fix the wheels and fix it up a bit. I was very happy to get both

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #283 on: January 27, 2008, 09:06:49 PM »

*The Rush Tickets at the Roundabout are the last two rows of the Mezzanine. -And, as I found out from my friend, Michael (yes, that Michael), who saw the show tonight from up there, they're actually decent seats.  Not "obstructed view" like the box office diagram has them labeled.  Just a steep angle.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #284 on: January 27, 2008, 09:09:07 PM »

I also got all my laundry done today.  Whew!

Next weekend either 1, 2 or 3 friends are coming from the lake to see movies that haven't been there and spend the night, at least I think they are spending the night. Anyway, it's gotten me in gear to really clean up my whole house. I'm going to go through all the piles of things and find a place for everything. It's going to be a lot of work this week, but I can't wait until it's done.

Edisaurus

« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2008, 09:12:07 PM »

DR elmore3003, I feel very badly about the loss of your piano.

Hearing of this recent turn of events made me cry.

Edisaurus

« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2008, 09:15:19 PM »

But it was so great to see DR Jose and DR Elmore that I couldn't stay sad for too long.

We did indeed have a lovely breakfast, and one fun thing about it was that Peter's (Bat Mitzvah girl's dad and my partner in crime) dad, his dad's GF, and P's 2 brothers and 1 wife and kids were at Barney GGG, so we got to see them again before we all parted ways.

I adore their family, especially Peter's dad, so I was very happy to run in to them!

Edisaurus

« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2008, 09:15:55 PM »

DR Jose came bearing his very own cookies. Levain had better keep on their toes!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2008, 09:16:55 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR MusicGuy!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

FJL

« Reply #289 on: January 27, 2008, 09:19:55 PM »

Happy birthday. Mister Edi's Husband

(almost a Courtship of Eddie's Father/Miyoshi Umeki reference)

Cillaliz

« Reply #290 on: January 27, 2008, 09:21:01 PM »

I loved The Courtship of Eddie's Father....

People let me tell you bout my best friend....

FJL

« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2008, 09:24:57 PM »

"Best Friend", by Harry Nilsson

People let me tell you 'bout my best friend,
     He's a warm hearted person who'll love me till the end.
     He's a one boy cuddly toy, my up, my down, my pride and joy.

People let me tell you 'bout him he's so much fun
     Whether we're talkin' man to man or whether we're talking son to son.
     Cause he's my best friend.
     Yes he's my best friend.
     (scattin' finish).

Cillaliz

« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2008, 09:28:21 PM »

The big news here is that after years of vet bills and medication, I have discovered that tuna packed in oil is what I really needed to get Callie and Boo to fill the litter box as God intended. I've given them tuna every day and boy are they doing well.  Boo isn't throwing up as often and Callie certainly isn't having trouble in the poop department.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2008, 09:29:25 PM »

"Best Friend", by Harry Nilsson

He's a warm hearted person who'll love me till the end.
     He's a one boy cuddly toy, my up, my down, my pride and joy.

People let me tell you 'bout him he's so much fun
     Whether we're talkin' man to man or whether we're talking son to son.
     Cause he's my best friend.
     Yes he's my best friend.
     (scattin' finish).

Thanks FJL, I remembered most of the lyrics but don't think I ever knew it was Nilsson

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #294 on: January 27, 2008, 09:35:58 PM »

OY!  I seem to have a bidding war going on right now for the remaining pieces of Calphalon I have for sale.  I've just sent pics and follow-up e-mails to two people, and it may be a matter of who gets here first!  One guy wants to head over here in the morning (early! - ugh), but there's a woman who said she's willing to head over now!?!?!?!?

Who knew?!?!?

*Of course, now I'm spying the rest of my pots and pans and small kitchen electrics I haven't used in years - and, really, have no use for.  Hmm...  KA-CHING!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #295 on: January 27, 2008, 09:39:04 PM »

Well, he we are in DR elmore's office:

Oh, the flash didn't go off... let's try that again..

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #296 on: January 27, 2008, 09:39:48 PM »

Hmm... Well, let's try one more time...

Still not right...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #297 on: January 27, 2008, 09:40:27 PM »

Well, now that I've fixed the printer, let's try one more time...

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #298 on: January 27, 2008, 09:40:57 PM »

And here is the view from DR elmore's office window:

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #299 on: January 27, 2008, 09:41:57 PM »

I will say, the best part of the day was seeing DR elmore smile again.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up