Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: NUMBER EIGHT  (Read 72296 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re:NUMBER EIGHT
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2008, 11:44:37 AM »

Lest my sometimes strange sense of humor confuse, I think BK has done marvelously well--despite my teasing.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2008, 11:58:14 AM »

I don't know why, but these things make me squeal like a schoolgirl!  :)

I can hear you now - in your best Norma voice:

I'M HORNEY!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2008, 11:58:36 AM »

Oy and vey, I feel really weird.  I was looking forward to having something nice to eat today, but I guess THAT won't be happening.

I wish Kevin would get here so I can be done with that and then I can get into bed and try to sleep this yucky feeling off.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2008, 11:59:10 AM »

I have managed to make a whole slew of telephonic calls I've been remiss about, so that's good.

td

• td
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2008, 11:59:15 AM »

My favourite James Garner movie and my favourite Julie andrews movie are one and the same, THE AMERICANIZATION OF EMILY.

DITTO!

...and then there's Julie in:
THE SOUND OF MUSIC
HAWAII
DUET FOR ONE
MARY POPPINS
SOB
TORN CURTAIN
THE TAMARIND SEED
VICTOR/VICTORIA
THE PRINCESS DIARIES
CINDERELLA on tv
THAT'S LIFE

James in:
GRAND PRIX
MURPHY'S ROMANCE
MOVE OVER, DARLING
THE THRILL OF IT ALL
A MAN COULD GET KILLED
SKIN GAME
MARLOWE
THEY ONLY KILL THEIR MASTERS
STREETS OF LAREDO on tv
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 12:00:22 PM by td »
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2008, 12:05:14 PM »

I woke up feeling very queasy this morning.  And my equilibrium feels completely off. ... I feel like I'm going to fall over and faint.

Sounds like morning sickness to me!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2008, 12:39:32 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from Memphis, TN!

Getting out of LaGuardia was OK. However, the security line was a total joke.  There were two lines - one had two TSA agents checking IDs, and one only had one TSA agent checking IDs.  -Guess which line I was in?  :-\  And due to some unfortunate luck of the draw, a whole slew of foreign travelers were in the line of front of me... And the TSA agent really wasn't sure just how much of their paperwork he had to check. There was a five minute(!) span where it appeared he was re-writing out this one gentleman's passport, after which he took him over to the "Special Handling" line.  And then there was the Iranian family who spoke next to no English, and they continued to confuse the agent for another five minutes before he walked them over to the "Special Handling" line.  Then came the group French students who were checked in as a group...  Meanwhile, the other line was moving quite steadily.  Some of us even pleaded with the "extra" agent to check our IDs so we could get through.  One lady was already cutting it close in regards to her flight time due to an error with her ticketing before she got in the line.  The gentlemen behind me even flagged down a few other agents to point out what was going on, only to be answered with, "Well, he'll be done with them soon.  It's not my job."  WHAT?!?!?!?  Eventually, another TSA agent came by.. And while the "old" agent was still trying to figure out how to mark the papers of the five French students, about twenty of us were cleared by the new agent - including the British couple in front of me.  I thanked her profusely for her efficiency.  -And she seemed sort of caught off guard that I had thanked for anything.

By the time I reached the gate, they had just announced the "All Aboard" call, so I boarded.  The flight, as always, was a bit longer than I think it "should" be - just under three hours - I keep thinking it should only take two.  However, the middle seat next to me was empty, and I used the flight to catch up on my magazine reading, as well as some listening via my iPod.

...And when I got to the hotel, the UPTA folks had a nice snack table set up with chips, pretzels, nuts, fruit, sodas and champagne(!).  :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 12:41:07 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2008, 12:42:28 PM »

Sparkle, Neely, Sparkle!

Speaking of Neely...

J.C. Superstar is coming to our "Cobb Energy Performance Arts Center". This is a new venue, so I think it might be a good excuse to check it out. IIRC, DR George, you had good things to say about Ted Neeley in this production?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2008, 12:42:43 PM »

I have gotten roped into accompanying a horn player in a Hindemith sonata for a statewide competition.  Oy, the atonality.

Well, at least it's not the Clarinet or Trumpet Sonatas.  Those are the two least bearable Hindemith instrumental sonatas (he wrote one for every instrument).  However, Hindemith is not really atonal.  I'd say he's more multi-tonal.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2008, 12:56:11 PM »

The upside is that if you make a mistake, no one will know the difference.  ;)

;D ;D ;D
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2008, 12:59:56 PM »

Welcome South, DR Jose!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2008, 01:00:05 PM »

Well... I think I'm either going to take a nap, and/or take a walk to the little restaurant around the corner to get something a bit more substantial to eat.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2008, 01:00:44 PM »

TOD: James Garner--

MR BUDDWING
LEGALESE
THE CHILDREN'S HOUR
THE GREAT ESCAPE

Edisaurus

« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2008, 01:02:43 PM »

Julie Andrews:

SOUND OF MUSIC
MARY POPPINS
THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE

Edisaurus

« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2008, 01:03:20 PM »

Well... I think I'm either going to take a nap, and/or take a walk to the little restaurant around the corner to get something a bit more substantial to eat.

Pulled pork BBQ is very substantial!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2008, 01:04:51 PM »

A pic of DR MISS KAREN fromhaving one of her productionsepisodes.

:D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 01:08:14 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2008, 01:05:51 PM »

Pulled pork BBQ is very substantial!

Edisaurus....you betcha!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Edisaurus

« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2008, 01:09:54 PM »

We Southerners know...

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2008, 01:12:34 PM »

I don't believe Donald Crisp began his career as a movie extra, DR brian. That was the point of my post. The extras always voted for Brennan even when it was obvious he was giving basically the same performance each time out.

I agree completely that Donald Crisp deserved his Oscar. However, I think we all know that many deserving people have lost Oscars to others for reasons that have nothing to do with acting.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2008, 01:15:25 PM »

I spent a good portion of the afternoon watching the last volume of POWER RANGERS. There were 7 episodes in this volume, but one was pretty much a recap episode to catch everyone up on the location of the jewels and crown that everyone was after.

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2008, 01:16:19 PM »

When I go back down, I still have the two bonus features on the disc to go through. Then I will be finished with the Power Rangers probably forever.

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2008, 01:17:32 PM »

I watched RENO 911 before I left for lunch. There was some funny business with the fellow auditioning folks for the "Nutcracker." Dangle's entrance was a classic.

Others segments weren't as inspired this week.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2008, 01:18:44 PM »

Well, at least it's not the Clarinet or Trumpet Sonatas.  Those are the two least bearable Hindemith instrumental sonatas (he wrote one for every instrument).  However, Hindemith is not really atonal.  I'd say he's more multi-tonal.  ;)

Anything that doesn't cadence V7-I is atonal in my estimation.   ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2008, 01:18:47 PM »

I skimmed through AS THE WORLD TURNS. Noah and Luke were on, talking about their relationship, but it was just talk, nothing really accomplished with them. (Some allusions to "lots of meat" was about as racy as it got.)

They were not in the previews for tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2008, 01:20:05 PM »

I started PROJECT RUNWAY, but since they weren't informed by Heidi what the next challenge was in that opening segment, I turned it off and will pick back up with it later. I should have time to finish by the beginning of SMALLVILLE tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2008, 01:21:22 PM »

DR Jeanne, it's my pleasure to do the TV Reminders, though I feel a little guilty that I don't touch on all the shows. I only deal with the ones I watch and those I think there are fans for at this site.

Ginny

« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2008, 01:28:39 PM »

Because I needed one more thing to do (HA!), I've signed up for my AAUW group's Great Decisions discussion series.  The first meeting is tonight and I've just finished the reading on "Iraq Endgame."  What I've learned is how little I actually know about the topic.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2008, 01:42:33 PM »

This is funny!!  I just made it into my work computer's desktop wallpaper. ;D

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2008, 01:46:48 PM »

I've definitely got a prob, tummy-wise.  I think it may have been a frozen Stouffer's pizza - that's the only thing I can think of.  I don't think it's a stomach flu because I haven't been around anyone who's had a stomach problem.  It's really annoying - I just want to get in bed and see if I can sleep it off, but first Kevin was here for ninety minutes and now someone wants to have a phoner at two.  After that, no more.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #149 on: February 07, 2008, 01:48:57 PM »

I started PROJECT RUNWAY, but since they weren't informed by Heidi what the next challenge was in that opening segment, I turned it off and will pick back up with it later.

That'll show 'em!   :D

[size=8]SPOILER[/size]

I watched last night's show as it aired.  At first, it seemed like ANOTHER of those strange challenges that have become the hallmark of this season.   It was later confirmed to be "just as strange" to my way of thinking.

Still, several designers were up to the challenge...and they are, I think, the strongest ones in the pack:  Christian, Jillian and Chris.  Romi Kashou has some outstanding strengths, but I don't think "outside the box" imagination is his forte.  Ditto Sweet P who has done some really good work, but falls flat from time to time, including last night.

Christian is SO funny, and he "called it" for what it would be when he remarked, about the ultimate loser, that he probably should say something to Ricky about his "outfit" being nothing more than a bathing suit, but that Ricky's cluelessness is how the herd gets thinned out.  Christian once again looked sadly disappointed that his design wasn't singled out as "the winner" (even though it probably WAS the best one!).  Chris took the honors this week (and it's about time he got some recognition for his unusual tastes).  He showed everyone that there's nobody like a drag queen/drag-queen designer to properly outfit a WWE female wrestling star!

;D

« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 01:50:48 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up