Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: BE MY VALENTINE  (Read 67683 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:BE MY VALENTINE
« Reply #300 on: February 14, 2008, 06:46:18 PM »

Jane, they wanted to make their presence known!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #301 on: February 14, 2008, 06:47:26 PM »

Like this?

Singdaw,

There is such a thing as miniature cow. I have seen them before
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #302 on: February 14, 2008, 06:47:49 PM »

Actually, we were thinking people should eat more lamb. Doesn't this make you hungry? Come on, you know you're salivating right now for a lamb filet or a nice fat rack of chops.

What a sweet lamb...

Jennifer

« Reply #303 on: February 14, 2008, 07:03:33 PM »

DR JAne, re: your BIG BROTHER comment.

Actually a lot of people read about the show online (some actually get the live feeds and watch).

It's weird, but i don't do spoilers for any reality show cause those shows have already happened. But i find for BB since it's happening live that reading what is going on on the live feeds really enhances the experiences.

I have not found too many good sites this year.

But i love http://www.hamsterwatch.com

This guy, dingo, summarizes the major occurances in one paragraph!

I also like the television withoutpity spoiler thread. There isn't that much to read so it goes fast.

Jennifer

« Reply #304 on: February 14, 2008, 07:05:18 PM »

Oh and here is another BIG BROTHER LIVE FEED SPOILER

SPACE

SPACE

SPACE

SPOILER

apparently jen and ryan (who have been boyfriend and girlfriend outside the house for 9 months) had sex in the bathroom. I wonder if they will show anything.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 07:06:38 PM by Jennifer »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #305 on: February 14, 2008, 07:07:21 PM »

Thanks Jennifer.  I looked at some of the live feeds after I posted.  I really only glanced, without opening them.  There sure is a lot of stuff out there on the show.

I was also curious if I could find my cousin's name in the production listing but I failed-LOL.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #306 on: February 14, 2008, 07:08:03 PM »

'night

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #307 on: February 14, 2008, 07:18:56 PM »

Sad news from Northern Illinois University today...  When will it stop?
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #308 on: February 14, 2008, 07:19:24 PM »

To answer Jane's question from earlier.

No I was not orthodox.

It was when I was younger I was a strong believer and since Valentine's Day was named after a saint I rejected the concept of the day. When I started to question my beliefs by that time Valentine's Day was just another day to me.

I also have never celebrated Mardi Gras.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #309 on: February 14, 2008, 07:21:19 PM »

The shooter was a coward. He took his own life. I wish they wouldn't so they suffer for the rest of their lives over what they did. I think that would be a better punishment.
Never stop dreaming.

td

• td
« Reply #310 on: February 14, 2008, 07:21:58 PM »

LOST tonight.
I love Naveen Andrews.
I might have to watch THE ENGLISH PATIENT soon, since I watched a lot of BRIDE & PREJUDICE last night.

This show just continues to astound me.

And the preview for next week's episode. . . .hmmmmm.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #311 on: February 14, 2008, 07:25:19 PM »

I agree Jose... I have wondered the same thing. Since I work at night I sometimes wonder if something like that could happen here.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #312 on: February 14, 2008, 08:02:34 PM »

Well, that too.  It looks like HHW is turning into a Virtual Zoo.

who said anything about virtual?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #313 on: February 14, 2008, 08:04:49 PM »

Really sweet cow, Jane.

I meant to send vibes to Bryan and Craig, too. So: vibes to Bryand and Craig.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #314 on: February 14, 2008, 08:09:27 PM »

If DRs chickens, cows, and pigs will be regulars here--and I certainly hope they will--then I wonder if we should give our Official HHW Wardrobe Mistress, ie Miss Karen, a heads-up. You know, we may need some specially fitted togas.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #315 on: February 14, 2008, 08:13:54 PM »

Good night.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #316 on: February 14, 2008, 08:14:31 PM »

Well... Time for me to Wussburger...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #317 on: February 14, 2008, 08:29:07 PM »

Back from a nice dinner at Stanley's and then setting up at the Hollywood Collector's Show.  Am I glad I went down there - there'd been a screwup with where I was sitting - I originally told them to seat me next to Bert I. Gordon, but my name tag wasn't there.  A couple of days ago the fellow whose musical I'm mentoring said he'd asked them to seat him and Steve Kanaly near me so we could shmooze.  So they'd moved me next to Kanaly in no man's land.  I found Ray Courts and got him to move me back to Bert, so I'm now between Bert and Mackenzie Phillips, who I know and adore.  So, that should be fun.  MY table is all set up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #318 on: February 14, 2008, 08:33:50 PM »

Miss Channing was there and while I do adore her as a performer she just is so annoying, as always.  I courteously went over and said hello, introducing myself as the person who'd produced the revival Dolly album.  I could see her mind working (even though she's a bit elderly she's till sharp) and she said, "Yes - we never finished the album."  I looked at her, smiled, and said, "Well, actually we did - it was nominated for a Grammy."  The women she was with looked at her and said, "Isn't that GREAT?  That's wonderful."  Carol couldn't really say any more, so she said, "I had no idea, that's very nice."  And I walked away as quickly as I could.

It's going to be a good show, though - George Kennedy and Frank Stallone, both of whom I worked with, Peter Falk, Ed Asner and the Lou Grant cast, Ernest Borgnine, Molly Bee, Stella Stevens, Carol Lynley, Pamela Sue Martin and lots of others.  But I also think there are some no shows, as there were about seven tables sans name tags.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #319 on: February 14, 2008, 08:42:15 PM »

I began my evening with THE INVASION on Blu-ray. I didn't dislike it as much as bk did. I actually thought the set-up was a marvelous variation on the original plot. But as the movie proceeded, it did run off track and completely fell apart by the end (like the screenwriter tired of the project and just wrapped it up quickly to be done with it). So, I found it overall very disappointing.

Marvelous cast though. Lots of big names, and a nice surprise seeing Veronica Cartwright since she was in the 70s version as well.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #320 on: February 14, 2008, 08:46:43 PM »

And the Blu-ray was 90% spectacular. In certain light motifs, the picture went totally flat and dead, but most of it was dimensional, colorful, and razor sharp. The Dolby Digital TrueHD soundtrack was also superb.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #321 on: February 14, 2008, 08:47:15 PM »

Quiet tonight here at the library... Most of the week has been a zoo!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #322 on: February 14, 2008, 08:47:41 PM »

Nasty weather yesterday... Today was cold...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #323 on: February 14, 2008, 08:47:56 PM »

bk, didyou get my pm?

Matt H.

« Reply #324 on: February 14, 2008, 08:48:41 PM »

I watched the bonus features for THE INVASION. Three crummy little love-fests with cast and crew running a total of less than 10 minutes. There was also a 19 minute piece on the kinds of subtext that the "invasion" has represented in three of the four versions of the story. It was of adequate interest but not great.

Matt H.

« Reply #325 on: February 14, 2008, 08:49:56 PM »

SMALLVILLE had one of my least favorite episodes of the season tonight. I really found it pretty tedious going.

Matt H.

« Reply #326 on: February 14, 2008, 08:51:29 PM »

As for LOST, DR td was absolutely correct - another astounding episode. These writers are simply amazing coming up with these reveals and surprises.

I will say that I was one step ahead of them with the girl in the flash forward. But otherwise, they surprised me throughout tonight's episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #327 on: February 14, 2008, 08:53:00 PM »

ELI STONE had a wonderful episode tonight, really involving and with some excellent surprises.

I have to say that I don't care much for that junior lawyer who keeps inflicting herself on Eli. Obviously, they're setting her up as a potential love interest down the road, but she irritates me instead of being endearing as I assume the writers want her to be.

Matt H.

« Reply #328 on: February 14, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »

Tomorrow I'll have SUPERNATURAL (most likely in SD) to watch while I cook and eat lunch.

And then I'll probably watch Criterion's WALKER that I had originally planned to watch today.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #329 on: February 14, 2008, 08:55:27 PM »

I have only seen a few episodes of Lost and it is not a bad show. However, I will admit that I do not keep up with the show enough to understand the full story.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up