Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MAGIC BUTTON  (Read 31582 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE MAGIC BUTTON
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2008, 06:29:19 AM »

I anxiously await the Celebrity of the Day On the Street Report from DR JOSE later today.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2008, 06:30:15 AM »

DR Jenniffer - That "Lost" blurb makes sense to me.  I'm not sure how true it is, but it does make sense.  And in the previews for this week, I was left wondering the same question that the blurb poses.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2008, 06:34:04 AM »

I anxiously await the Celebrity of the Day On the Street Report from DR JOSE later today.

And speaking of Celebrities of the Day On the Street... Well... I was about to post this information, so...

SORT OF "PROJECT RUNWAY" SPOILER....

The "Celebrity" I ran into last night was the contestant who got sent home.  After I had said to him, "Oh, I guess I should wish you Good Luck tonight," he responded, "Well, that's not gonna do me any good for next week's finale which has already been taped and which I'm not in."

Oops?  Spoo?
Make Your Own Luck.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2008, 06:43:01 AM »

And the word of the day is: RADDLED!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  BLUE

(From Raggedy Ann- Would You Believe It Is Sung By A Real Camel)

singdaw

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2008, 06:48:58 AM »

From Overheard in the Office [ an offshoot of Overheard in New York ]:

Boss:  Call England and find out what time it is.
Assistant:  Call who in England?  England is five hours ahead of us, so it's 4:17 there.
Boss:  Can you please listen to what I have to say and just call England?  I need to be sure.
Assistant, two minutes later: I called England, and it's 4:19.
Boss:  See?  it pays to double-check.  You were two minutes off.

Cillaliz

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2008, 07:00:12 AM »

Yesterday Der Brucer said:

The local cat society has very strict rules:

No placement in homes with out fenced yards.
No placement with apartment dwellers.
No placement with renters without a signed consent form from the landlord.

I wonder why one of the women in charge has 17 cats in her trailer?

der Brucer

Fenced yard, lol, when has a fence ever stopped a cat?  My neighbors cat comes into my fenced yard all the time.  

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2008, 07:15:53 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  My speaking voice today is deeper than DH Richard's, so I got no argument when I called in sick this morning.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2008, 07:31:37 AM »

And the word of the day is: RADDLED!
When faced with writing a paper about extremism for his political philosophy class, Dobie cobbled together a thesis that blended the ideas of Karl Marx, Eric Hoffer and John Birch.  Maynard looked the paper over and said, "That's RADDLED, man!"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2008, 07:32:51 AM »

Whew!  I lay down to read for a bit last night around 7:00 PM.  I was out immediately, and slept straight on through till morning!
Just like Peter Pan!

(Spoo!  I didn't really mean to give away your secret identity!)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

singdaw

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2008, 07:35:59 AM »

(Spoo!  I didn't really mean to give away your secret identity!)

;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2008, 07:36:18 AM »

I am not f&#$%@g Matt Damon OR Ben Affleck.
Just in case you were wondering.
I'm sure they would be smiling bigger smiles if....

8)

singdaw

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2008, 07:36:52 AM »

I think it's:

Da da Da Dada Da Da De DAda de DAH.

Ah yes, I remember it well!    :D

singdaw

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2008, 07:38:27 AM »

I'm sure they would be smiling bigger smiles if....

...but they would be laughing with me, not at me, right?    ;)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2008, 07:38:51 AM »

First off--vibes to Kerry.  You have my most sincere "oy."   ;)

Finally, for the first time in months since I accepted this reviewing gig, I have NOTHING I *have* to watch.  I have been buried under these mammoth boxed sets lately and frankly it's been something of a chore to get through them all.  I was supposed to review the miniseries version of "State of Play" (soon to be a major motion picture starring *$(%*$ Ben Affleck), but I got a defective disc, so that's on hold.

Re:  Lost.  Betsy and I had a long discussion about (maybe) this last week, when Jack (IIRC) during the trial said eight people survived.  So, even though he's lying, there is ultimately going to have to be some explanation about why he said 8, when there's evidently just an Oceanic 6.  So maybe that's what they're talking about.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2008, 07:40:24 AM »

And in the "maybe I shouldn't have practiced so much" punchline department, the Hindemith horn kid placed second and so it looks like I need to accompany him again in the State Competition.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2008, 07:43:33 AM »

I have a QUESTION re: last week's LOST

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

QUESTION RE: last week's

LOST
(Spoiler info deleted in order to prevent spoilage)

I don't know how the show is being broadcast in Canada, but here in the states ABC is trying something interesting.  

The previous week's show is broadcast again during the hour before the new episode is shown.  This repeat showing has "pop-ups," little blurbs intended to explain what the heck is going on on-screen, which come up from the bottom of the screen.

This has the benefit of helping fill in any gaps that may have occurred in the viewer's memory during the week between episodes.

I don't think the ads have any pop-ups.  I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or bad.    ;)

Of course, for anyone who is insisting on waiting for the DVD of the season to be released, this just means an extra hour that they have to avoid watching ABC.   ::)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2008, 07:43:52 AM »

Good morning!

Another gorgeous day in store for us here. Gorgeous but very cold again. We're still in the 40s today. Tomorrow is supposed to be at least ten degrees warmer.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2008, 07:50:04 AM »

Re LOST:

I think the Oceanic 6 and the 8 survivors are two different entities entirely. Jack obviously lied about the 8 survivors since we know there were something like 40 survivors (from the looks of the people in the background during the first season). Why he and Kate have cooked up this story is unknown to us at this time. It could be that many of the passengers elected to stay on the island (reasons unknown and possibly nefarious). Sawyer and Locke have stated they don't want to go.

The 6 are obviously people the authorities knew were on the flight manifest and who were rescued. And for this reason, I'm changing my stance and saying that Aaron is NOT one of the Oceanic 6.

singdaw

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2008, 07:50:29 AM »

And in the "maybe I shouldn't have practiced so much" punchline department, the Hindemith horn kid placed second and so it looks like I need to accompany him again in the State Competition.

Congratulations, DR JMK!

And the resultant local newspaper headline:

Honking Hindemith Horn Honed Handily - Hasty Honor Has Harried Helper Hosed!

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2008, 07:50:33 AM »

Many good health wishes for DR Kerry.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2008, 07:51:40 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  My speaking voice today is deeper than DH Richard's, so I got no argument when I called in sick this morning.
Somehow, this sounds like Lucille Ball in a duet with Beatrice Arthur.

Vibage!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

Matt H.

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2008, 07:51:52 AM »

TV Reminders:

LOST and ELI STONE tonight on ABC, the most entertaining one-two punch on TV right now.

IDOL results show.

SURVIVOR (for those still interested).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 08:00:25 AM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2008, 07:54:18 AM »

I think I'm going to treat myself to another "free day" in terms of viewing unless the stack of Criterions I'm expecting arrives. (I got no mail at all yesterday).

What I'm going to watch is still undecided at this time. It will likely be one of the HD-DVDs I've really bought at the Deep Discount fire sale.

singdaw

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2008, 07:54:34 AM »

*LOST* SPOILER....

In addition to what Matt H. said, if Ben is truly running an assassination campaign, and given that he also has expressed a desire to stay on the island, and was not on the 815 manifest, it is likely that he is back "in the real world" without media notice; hence, not one of the six.

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2008, 07:55:17 AM »

And I may watch the LOST rerun at 8 just to see the pop-up facts.

I wonder if those pop-up facts will be included on the Blu-ray release of the show later this year. Since they're already doing them for the network broadcasts, why not?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2008, 07:55:52 AM »

SPOILAGE AHEAD!!!

...Re:  Lost.  Betsy and I had a long discussion about (maybe) this last week, when Jack (IIRC) during the trial said eight people survived.  So, even though he's lying, there is ultimately going to have to be some explanation about why he said 8, when there's evidently just an Oceanic 6.  So maybe that's what they're talking about.

And THIS is why I'll be asking der Brucer to record all three hours of ABC's programming tonight (Pop-Up Lost, New Lost, and Eli Stone) - I can't remember anything of last week's episode, and won't get home from work until after ten-thirty tonight.  Bleh.

It kinda sucks all the spontinaity out of stuff, y'know?

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2008, 07:56:42 AM »

*LOST* SPOILER....

In addition to what Matt H. said, if Ben is truly running an assassination campaign, and given that he also has expressed a desire to stay on the island, and was not on the 815 manifest, it is likely that he is back "in the real world" without media notice; hence, not one of the six.

spoiler space

I agree. When I read DR Jennifer's quoted material, Ben is absolutely whom I thought it was in reference to. He wasn't on the flight manifest because he was never on Oceanic 815.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2008, 07:57:08 AM »

TV Reminders:
...LOST results show.

SURVIVOR (for those still interested).
LOST has a results show, too?

Both shows have people getting voted off the island?

;)

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2008, 07:59:44 AM »

Isn't it GREAT to have a TV show that keeps one thinking? Encourages speculation to such a complex degree? Involves the audience in such spirited discussions?

It's like a thrill ride at an amusement park that keeps adding new sections each week. You can't WAIT to see what they have in store for you next.

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2008, 08:01:00 AM »

LOST has a results show, too?

Both shows have people getting voted off the island?

;)

Corrected. Thanks for the notation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up