Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MAGIC BUTTON  (Read 31436 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE MAGIC BUTTON
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2008, 08:04:26 AM »

But I gotta keep my comment on the board, Matt.  Your flub was just too funny, in a good way.   ;D

Besides, BK would never forgive us for deleting posts!   ;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2008, 08:04:56 AM »

See?  This got us to page three!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2008, 08:06:48 AM »

Re:  Lost (again).

Well, the 8 and 6 may be two different entities, but doesn't it stand to reason that the 6 came from the 8?  How could it be otherwise?  So, the question naturally arises (at least to me)--why 8?  Why not 18?  Or 7?  Or 6?  Are the other two Shannon and Boone?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2008, 08:07:18 AM »

Last night, der Brucer wrote:

The local cat society has very strict rules:

No placement in homes with out fenced yards.
No placement with apartment dwellers.
No placement with renters without a signed consent form from the landlord.

I understand the first one (so other animals, like dogs, and unruly children) cannot get to a cat who has gone inside the fence for safety.  Make no mistake:  The fence will not keep a cat in a yard.

The second one is not a good rule, IMO.  Many folks live in apartments and could provide excellent, safe environments for cats.

The third rule, of course, is mandatory.  The landlord must always give approval (and exact a $$$ deposit, if he or she desires) if a pet is to live in a home.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2008, 08:08:45 AM »

Just call me "apple cider vinegar breath."

Whew!    :P

But does it still have sore throats?  Yessss, Precious-s-s-s, is its throats still sore?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2008, 08:09:48 AM »

Get well vibes for DR GINNY....enjoy your day off!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2008, 08:12:33 AM »

Re:  Lost (again).

Well, the 8 and 6 may be two different entities, but doesn't it stand to reason that the 6 came from the 8?  How could it be otherwise?  So, the question naturally arises (at least to me)--why 8?  Why not 18?  Or 7?  Or 6?  Are the other two Shannon and Boone?

Of course they 6 came from the 8. Couldn't be otherwise, but as *I* said, it's UNKNOWN at this time why Kate and Jack have cooked up this story about 8 survivors when there were so many more than that. We have NO idea what's going to happen to the islanders during the rest of this season and the final two seasons already contracted.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2008, 08:15:03 AM »

And speaking of the rest of this LOST season, the first eight episode arc ends on March 20. (This was the last of the episodes completed before the strike took hold.)

The show will return on April 24th at 10 p.m. running the remainder of its season in that later time period.

singdaw

« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2008, 08:17:45 AM »

If you are [WOD] raddled, there’s always:

singdaw

« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2008, 08:19:24 AM »

Well, DR RLP, I can't say for sure.  It's certainly not any worse, and may be a bit better.  Although to be fari, I only took the treatment once, before I left for work this morning, and shan't have a chance again until late tonight when I return home after choir rehearsal.

MBarnum

« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2008, 08:25:43 AM »

Yesterday Der Brucer said:Fenced yard, lol, when has a fence ever stopped a cat?  My neighbors cat comes into my fenced yard all the time.  

That was my thought too, DR Cillaliz! LOL!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2008, 08:27:29 AM »

I live in Indiana, MOST theatrical presentations around here leave my mouth agape.

General Mills could be a woman....like Katherine Hepburn in that Bob Hope movie The Iron Petticoat.

Oh! That would be interesting, wouldn't it?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2008, 08:28:09 AM »

Good morning, everyone!

COLD here today--30s, with a wind. BRRRR!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2008, 08:29:06 AM »

[size=8] LOST Spoilage [/size]

Scan past QUICKLY to avoid seeing that at which you should not be looking!

First lines are gobbledygook for the lazy eye that looks when it doesn't mean/want to! kdkfjfkdlskerjae iuiogapoticvxoihasoprihas;odif j;k saigfjas pofihasd;oijhsfd;ogkasnf ;kj;aslijfa; osijfa ;oih;ioas; ihdsfoi hasofpiahsgpoiashg ;oiasjhg aisjg ;asogh a;sfjhn a;foghsd; fo.  I think it is very easy to let your mind run amok trying to second-guess, and possibly third-guess, what "might" be going on in the "flash forward" sequences.  Thus far, we "know" that the world believes Oceanic 815 crashed into the sea and that, initially, it was reported there were no survivors.  "We" know, of course, that this is wrong.  Hence, "someone" has concocted a lie about the crash.  We "know" that the pilot was falsely identified in the video footage of the wreckage because another pilot who knew that pilot declared the video to be misidentified.

That's a lot to know.  And you have to presume that whoever that "someone" is would have darned good reasons -- and a lot of motivation -- toward preventing the truth from coming out when a bunch of survivors actually turn up, and then lead camera crews to the "actual wreckage."

So....Oceanic 815 crashed.  The official story and the true story bear no resemblance to one another.  We are, however, being given "flash forwards" and have learned that part of the official story is that 6 people survived and were returned to civilization.  We know, for certain, the identity of four of those people: Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid.  Kate went to trial for crimes she committed before the crash, and Jack was a character witness.  His story, which he's told many, many times according to Kate, is that there were initially 8 who survived the plunge into the sea.  He maintained that Kate got six of them to shore and nursed them back to health.  The Oceanic 6 were all listed on the manifest.  No clues have been dropped, of which I am aware, as to who the other two were who did not survive Kate's rescue efforts.  

We do not know the fate of any of the others, but we do know that Sayid believes himself to be "protecting" some of them while he is in the employment of Ben, who is alive and well.  Don't be fooled by anything about Ben's past statements about leaving the island.  We know that Ben has left the island many, many times.  And based on that one "rescuer's" attempt to extort $3.2 million from him, Ben has limitless resources.  No one yet knows just "who" Ben is and how he is connected ... especially IF he's connected to those who created the "official" story of the crash.

We also "know" that Kate's baby is actually Claire's "Aaron".  Evangeline Lilly, who plays Kate, has confirmed this on a podcast, although she declares she does not yet know what the circumstances are that resulted in her raising him.  We know that Hurley has been approached by the man who put together the team that found the island in their real quest to find Ben.  He asked Hurley, "Are they still alive?"  Charlie came to Hurley (yes, "dead" Charlie) and told him that "they need you" in an attempt to get Hurley to return.  Hurley told Jack, who visited him in the sanitarium, that they needed to go back...that "it wants us to."  Jack, in a very emotional scene with Kate at an airport parking lot, told her they need to go back.

There is far more there than meets the eye...and one could drive oneself nuts trying to piece things together.  My belief that Aaron was among the Oceanic 6 stemmed from the previous week's promo (two weeks ago) that said the identity of the 5th member would be revealed.  Aaron was the only survivor I recognized who had not been revealed before.  But I may have been misled, or I may have misheard that promo. I shall now close this Spoiler with more gobbledygook to fool the stray eye! Xlkdjfiskdjf;k  kdfj;lakejr kkadjf;lkasjaw;oij ;lcv n;lkj;lisf;lkjsflkjdf;liaeurpo ihfb;klng;alskng ;lkn ;lksgf;l ksg;lkasj';lskdj ;aish ;LKnv l';kjns dgl hsadg ;lkasj dg;lkasjg ;alskdgj ;alskgj;lj sgd l;jks d.

[size=8]  End of LOST Spoilage [/size]

« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 10:03:23 AM by Ron Pulliam »

MBarnum

« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2008, 08:29:08 AM »

Isn't it GREAT to have a TV show that keeps one thinking? Encourages speculation to such a complex degree? Involves the audience in such spirited discussions?

It's like a thrill ride at an amusement park that keeps adding new sections each week. You can't WAIT to see what they have in store for you next.

Absolutely, that is why I never miss an episode of MR. ED!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2008, 08:32:43 AM »

Well, DR RLP, I can't say for sure.  It's certainly not any worse, and may be a bit better.  Although to be fari, I only took the treatment once, before I left for work this morning, and shan't have a chance again until late tonight when I return home after choir rehearsal.

But....but....the treatment must be done each hour.

>:(

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2008, 08:33:04 AM »

The "Celebrity" I ran into last night was the contestant who got sent home.  After I had said to him, "Oh, I guess I should wish you Good Luck tonight," he responded, "Well, that's not gonna do me any good for next week's finale which has already been taped and which I'm not in."

WHAT?? You can't believe everything you see on TV? Some of this is fake?? HORRORS!!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2008, 08:34:55 AM »

[size=8] LOST Spoilage [/size]

Scan past QUICKLY to avoid seeing that at which you should not be looking!

First lines are gobbledygook for the lazy eye that looks when it doesn't mean/want to! kdkfjfkdlskerjae iuiogapoticvxoihasoprihas;odif j;k saigfjas pofihasd;oijhsfd;ogkasnf ;kj;aslijfa; osijfa ;oih;ioas; ihdsfoi hasofpiahsgpoiashg ;oiasjhg aisjg ;asogh a;sfjhn a;foghsd; fo. ...I shall now close this Spoiler with more gobbledygook to fool the stray eye! Xlkdjfiskdjf;k  kdfj;lakejr kkadjf;lkasjaw;oij ;lcv n;lkj;lisf;lkjsflkjdf;liaeurpo ihfb;klng;alskng ;lkn ;lksgf;l ksg;lkasj';lskdj ;aish ;LKnv l';kjns dgl hsadg ;lkasj dg;lkasjg ;alskdgj ;alskgj;lj sgd l;jks d.

[size=8]  End of LOST Spoilage [/size]
Your point being???

;D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2008, 08:35:12 AM »

From Overheard in the Office [ an offshoot of Overheard in New York ]:

Boss:  Call England and find out what time it is.
Assistant:  Call who in England?  England is five hours ahead of us, so it's 4:17 there.
Boss:  Can you please listen to what I have to say and just call England?  I need to be sure.
Assistant, two minutes later: I called England, and it's 4:19.
Boss:  See?  it pays to double-check.  You were two minutes off.

;D  ;D
If Singdaw listens to this sort of thing much I can see why he'd feeling like slashing a few tires!
 ;)

singdaw

« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2008, 08:37:31 AM »

Well, yes, I did understand that, DR RLP, from your original instructions.  I'm just not prepared to do that at work.  Although it could be interesting! :D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2008, 08:40:22 AM »

Well, yes, I did understand that, DR RLP, from your original instructions.  I'm just not prepared to do that at work.  Although it could be interesting! :D
And, just for fun, throw in a spit take or two!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2008, 08:40:57 AM »

Your point being??? ;D

MADE!

My point being that I'm GOING to talk about "Lost" but that I'll take extra precautions to help anyone unable to RESIST reading the Spoilers they say they still manage to read.

I can do so much....the rest is up to those who don't wish to know more.

;D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 08:41:54 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2008, 08:42:38 AM »

And, just for fun, throw in a spit take or two!

Or, just quack like a duck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2008, 08:43:39 AM »

WHAT?? You can't believe everything you see on TV? Some of this is fake?? HORRORS!!!

In this case, not "fake".  Simply on the QT....until the episode airs.

;)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2008, 08:44:25 AM »

WHOLE ENCHILADA VIBES
to
DR KERRY!!

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2008, 08:46:30 AM »

For those who have HD-DVD players and need to upgrade to the latest firmware, go here:

http://tacp.toshiba.com/tacpassets-images/notices/hddvd-downloadingfirmware.asp

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2008, 08:46:31 AM »

In this case, not "fake".  Simply on the QT....until the episode airs.

;)

Oh, Ron, I am soooo relieved. I do like to believe everything I see on TV.

Matt H.

« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2008, 08:48:55 AM »

I guess I'll head downstairs now to check on the mail and then start preparing some lunch.

Not doing lunch out with friends until tomorrow.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2008, 08:49:28 AM »

Oh, Ron, I am soooo relieved. I do like to believe everything I see on TV.

Oh, sweet Jeanne (do you have light brown hair?):  Not everything.

Please say you won't believe EVERYthing.

:)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2008, 08:50:05 AM »

Feel Better Vibes
to
DR GINNY
DR GEORGE
DR SINGDAW

and anyone else in need!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up