Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HEPCAT  (Read 24357 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:THE HEPCAT
« Reply #360 on: March 04, 2008, 08:26:11 PM »

This is my favorite Youtube clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwCXDBHvNmk
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #361 on: March 04, 2008, 08:27:43 PM »

I began my evening with the remainder of the bonus features on the MAFIOSO DVD. A couple of interviews lasting 7-8 minutes each, some sketches of the main characters, and two trailers. That was about it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #362 on: March 04, 2008, 08:28:35 PM »

I watched another BROTHERS & SISTERS episode, the one that featured the birth of Tommy's twins and the loss of one of them. Very moving episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #363 on: March 04, 2008, 08:34:13 PM »

On tonight's IDOL, I thought David Cook had the best performance, followed by David Hernandez. I thought David Archuleta was a bit off tonight but OK.

Worst by far were Luke Minard (at least half of the song was sharp), Chakezie (ridiculous out of control falsetto), and the fey kid who did "Jailhouse Rock" the first week. I can never remember his name.

The judges raved about the kid with dreadlocks, and I thought he was awful, too.

The ones who did well this week showed the first burst of real singing ability that I've seen from them all season. Maybe they've found their groove finally.

Matt H.

« Reply #364 on: March 04, 2008, 08:37:42 PM »

NEW AMSTERDAM was an OK detective drama. The "finding his soulmate" part of the story bored me to tears, and the mystery was only fair. I quickly figured out the guilty party once we had all the suspects rounded up. I did like the detective being able to relate to various people from all the different lives he's lived down through the centuries. That was the most entertaining thing about the show.

As for DR TCB's evaluation of the hotness of this star versus the detective on MOONLIGHT, I'll take Mick St. John (vampire) in a heartbeat.

Matt H.

« Reply #365 on: March 04, 2008, 08:39:59 PM »

JERICHO was painful for several reasons. First, the local CBS affiliate was running an ACC basketball game from 8-10 which ran past the hour. Thus, they were recording JERICHO which started 6 minutes past the hour, and since they were recording it, they only recorded the SD version, so I didn't get to see the show in HD. Damn them!

More painful, however, were several key events that happened during the show. WHAT A SURPRISE!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #366 on: March 04, 2008, 08:44:17 PM »

Well, I have a flight to catch in 12 hours, and I want to get up sort of early tomorrow to take care of my usual round of before-I-leave-for-a-trip room tidying.

BK - Hope your callbacks were productive.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #367 on: March 04, 2008, 08:48:50 PM »

TRAVEL VIBES FOR JOSE!!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #368 on: March 04, 2008, 08:51:55 PM »

OH!  Before I go to bed....

I'm betting that some DRs wished that the "falling ceiling" fell closer to the stage.  ;)

Falling Object Creates Real Drama on Broadway
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #369 on: March 04, 2008, 09:04:24 PM »

Danny Noreiga is the name of the singer I can't stand on the show. Actually, the vocals might be tolerable if he had ANY idea how to move on stage without flopping around. Ghastly.

Michael Johns (the Aussie) is another singer the judges are so enthusiastic about that I don't feel has EVER lived up to their heaping amounts of praise.

And was Paula out of it tonight or what? Jumbled words, sentences, thoughts all piled on top of each other. So sad.

Matt H.

« Reply #370 on: March 04, 2008, 09:05:11 PM »

Well, I have some writing to finish up and then I'll be heading down to bed.

Good night!

MBarnum

« Reply #371 on: March 04, 2008, 09:33:34 PM »

Went to H and R Block after work to have my taxed done, but it seems I have misplaced or thrown out my mortgage info...so will have to dig that up somehow and try again later in the week.

MBarnum

« Reply #372 on: March 04, 2008, 09:43:55 PM »

After H and R Block, and since I was on that side of town I stopped by and visited one of the Iraqi families, the Kawari's.

Had a great time and the two older kids, Noor and Ali are loving high school. The daughter, Noor, is particularly good with math, English, basketball, and is even teaching some of her teachers Arabic! And she is quite the artist. She is really a great kid and she has quite a crush on Colin Farrell.

Son Ali, on the other hand, isn't as good of a student as his sister, but he loves his new school never-the-less and is doing well in Basketball! LOL! He actually did not attend school much in Iraq as it was just too dangerous for him.

Noor was never bothered as long as she kept her head scarf on (the insurgents would always threaten to blow up the school if the girls didn't wear the scarves).

And Mustafa the dad is a big fan of old Hollywood movies (he however can't stand Bollywood movies  :-[  )...he loves Bette Davis, and WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE is one of his favorite movies....as well as GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES and other movie musicals....he had never heard of ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE, however.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 09:44:28 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #373 on: March 04, 2008, 09:54:13 PM »

It would be very fun to see TPunk in GUYS AND DOLLS!

vixmom

« Reply #374 on: March 04, 2008, 09:54:45 PM »

Hi Mikey!  I was just thinking about you and your Iraqui translators today

vixmom

« Reply #375 on: March 04, 2008, 09:55:09 PM »

I must to bed... night Mike!

MBarnum

« Reply #376 on: March 04, 2008, 10:06:18 PM »

Night Vixmom...I am sorry about your unintended trip! Glad you are feeling better and healing.

Beddy bye for me too!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #377 on: March 04, 2008, 10:18:54 PM »

Guess I misjudged you!

?? Not sure what kind of saint you thought I was.

Toilet papering a few trees isn't a capital crime.   :-*
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #378 on: March 04, 2008, 10:20:07 PM »

And Mustafa the dad is a big fan of old Hollywood movies (he however can't stand Bollywood movies  :-[  )...he loves Bette Davis, and WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE is one of his favorite movies....as well as GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES and other movie musicals....he had never heard of ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE, however.

Ah...he sounds like "my" kind of movie lover!   ;D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #379 on: March 04, 2008, 10:25:11 PM »

My face  and lips and gums and arm and back and knee have healed from my unseemly and sudden kissing of the asphalt.

The building mangement have taken steps to protect others from my fate by re-asphalting around the manhole cover that stood about an inch  above the ground surface

I was fortunate that I didn't lose any teeth or suffer any long lasting effects (other than to my pride)

Be extremely glad you didn't break any bones.  Several years ago, I tripped on a somewhat sunken manhole section of a sidewalk near my office building.  As I fell, I reached out with my right arm to break my fall.  It worked.  And my right arm was broken,  too....just near the elbow.  Less than 24 hours later I was home after surgery in which a titanium plate and seven screws were used to join the broken bones together.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #380 on: March 04, 2008, 10:29:39 PM »

DR Jennifer - I don't get Jason Castro's appeal.  -And if even appeared that he laughed at himself during the closing moments of his song tonight.

His "my most embarrassing moment" story -- what a joke!  Those dreadlocks look nasty, and to hear that one actually came off his head in his hands while "tying back his hair" at a restaurant!  What kind of a goon doesn't LEARN something from that?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #381 on: March 04, 2008, 11:15:53 PM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #382 on: March 04, 2008, 11:19:17 PM »

Callbacks were okay.  I made a decision on Yoni (down to two people - I chose the one who beveled well).  She's really cute (is currently playing Squeaky Fromme in their Assassins), good voice, and sexy.  She also plays opposite her Zubrick in Assassins - the fellow who plays John Hinckley, so they have good chemistry.  We're down to needing one ensemble male, and one General Mills - there are simply no candidates among those who've auditioned, so I'll be working doubly hard to find someone over the next couple of days.  I had to go with someone as the Narrator/Professor Leder - very different from BJ, but the guy is a Chance company member and I think they really wanted me to use him.  He's not ideal in terms of what I'm used to, but he's very talented, sings well, and I'll just have to work with him and I think it will be fine.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #383 on: March 04, 2008, 11:26:25 PM »

BK, I don't suppose that YOU could play General Mills??

;)

But especially not if you're directing, right?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #384 on: March 04, 2008, 11:32:18 PM »

~~~~~VIBES FOR ROSEMARY'S BABY~~~~~

;D

Tonight's rehearsal actually went quite well.  I still haven't memorized all of my chorus songs (I'm not the only one, though), but since I only have two solo lines ("You call this a life?" and "You will fare well") and one duet line ("We do our jobs, you take the gate"), I don't have too much to worry about. :)  It was nice to finally see how it all fit together without stopping.  I have a costume fitting tomorrow at 1:00 pm, so I'll finally get to see what it looks like.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #385 on: March 04, 2008, 11:33:26 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR Panni/Maria

And we've missed you!!

(Did you get my check for the cookies??)

George

« Reply #386 on: March 04, 2008, 11:36:51 PM »

My face  and lips and gums and arm and back and knee have healed from my unseemly and sudden kissing of the asphalt.

The building mangement have taken steps to protect others from my fate by re-asphalting around the manhole cover that stood about an inch  above the ground surface

I was fortunate that I didn't lose any teeth or suffer any long lasting effects (other than to my pride)

~~~Feel Better Vibes for Vixmom!!~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #387 on: March 04, 2008, 11:44:20 PM »

The artistic director of the Chance kept saying that I'll be playing the General if we don't find anyone - but if I were to play a part, it would be the Brain, of course.

George

« Reply #388 on: March 04, 2008, 11:56:27 PM »

I wish I could see that!! :D

George

« Reply #389 on: March 04, 2008, 11:56:50 PM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up