Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE  (Read 26268 times)

Miss Karen

Re:SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2008, 06:45:47 AM »

***ULTRA-STRENGTH POSITIVE VIBES***[/size][/color]
for Miss Blue Moon  :) [/size][/color]

DITTO!

Miss Karen

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2008, 06:52:23 AM »

Gotta skedaddle (Demite and Debug Vibes to DR ELmo!)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2008, 07:02:20 AM »

DR Ben is right about WICKED the Book and WICKED the Musical being different beasts entirely. However, unlike him, I enjoyed the musical book much more than the novel which is very dark and as it winds though the final chapters almost unrelentingly depressing.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2008, 07:05:19 AM »

Good morning!

Rainy and very gray here. Likely to get worse as the day progresses and the rains get heavier. We need the rain so much, however, so I cannot complain.

Matt H.

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2008, 07:07:26 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - Julie Andrews: DON'T GO IN THE LION'S CAGE TONIGHT/BROADWAY'S FAIR JULIE (courtesy of the lovely DR Elmore)

DVD - THE ICE STORM (Criterion)
          THE SMILING LIEUTENANT

DVR - last night's NEW AMSTERDAM
          Wednesday night's PROJECT RUNWAY
          Wednesday night's RENO 911!

Matt H.

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2008, 07:12:14 AM »

The website where I write has been down all morning, so here I sit on the write-up for THE ROOKIE. Ah, well.

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2008, 07:13:45 AM »

Yes, I kind of like SOYLENT GREEN. I think by this time, I had realized that Charlton Heston's time had passed as an action star, and there seemed to be a sameness in everything he did around this period. (OMEGA MAN, SOYLENT GREEN, AIRPORT 1975, EARTHQUAKE).

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2008, 07:15:24 AM »

And I keep waiting for Disney to send the Blu-ray of ENCHANTED. Sometimes they are weeks ahead of street date with their review copies (makes it so much easier when they give a long lead time). Other times, they're too close to street date or, as with THE ROOKIE, past street date.Wonder why they're so inconsistent?

FJL

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2008, 07:18:39 AM »

Vibes for Jrand and Miss Blue Moon

brian

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2008, 07:26:15 AM »

Happy Frigga's Day! Last week I (finally)acquired a copy of ANYA; One song sung by Constance Towers(A New World?)was, acc. the liner notes, based on Rachmaninoffs 2nd symphony; So I went out and bought a copy, Andre Previn/LSO; It's very beautiful and there was Miss Tower's ballad in the adagio; En rout home tonite, will be Ruggle of Red Gap, which I already had on vinyl but ordered the new CD cause there's bonus tracks by Jane Powell, and I left my vinyl at the Booth stage door last spring as a gift for Miss Redgrave; Tonight, no DVD, but a movie in the Theeyatuh, an Eng Heist movie, THE BANK JOB, with fave Jason Statham..and yes that Julie Andrews twofer is wonderful; When her book comes out, I'll not only buy the book, I'll buy the book on CD just to listen to her lovely voice.

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2008, 07:36:01 AM »

Another disc I should have put in my Friday Media Check is the Blu-ray of SUPERMAN RETURNS. I got it for CHristmas and haven't had a chance to watch it. I had the sDVD and thought it was a soft, fuzzy mess; reviews have said the Blu-ray is a much better encoding. I hope so.

The movie was only fair, I thought. Some good action scenes but way too long for the story they had to play and rather grim, not playfully comic book-like at all. SUPERMAN and BATMAN should not have the same tone.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2008, 07:47:21 AM »

My question is of course is if they don't accept underpants from the outside, why are Tuesday and Thursday, underpants days?  Are those the only days that underpants can be offered and refused?

A thought:  It may be that Tuesday and Thursday are the only days of the week they collect soiled clothing for the laundry...and they don't want anyone shedding old underwear for new and then sticking it under a mattress.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2008, 07:50:04 AM »

And I'm guessing DR Tomovoz would rather PostPone.  ;)

But....wouldn't he suffer from Pone-Partum Depression?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2008, 07:50:33 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And, well.. I'm still in Chattanooga.  ;)

Have you seen/toured the choo-choo?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 07:53:09 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2008, 07:53:18 AM »

H, Ben!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2008, 07:53:45 AM »

Mornin', Ginny!

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2008, 07:55:04 AM »

Hi, Ron!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2008, 08:00:28 AM »

Heading down now to clean up a bit before heading out on my errands. Argh! Having to cart groceries back to the car in the rain. Not one of my favorite chores.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2008, 08:02:26 AM »

[size=8] 'LOST' SPOILERS 'LOST'[/size]

Dlkdkdjrkj  adkf ;lajer dkjasdf;lkj;libudoga;kal lasltkj dsf l;ksdjf;laij;lkasjgfl;kasjd askj; ijijhsat;liahsdf;lkhrgh; ad ;lkajs;lkjsadg;l kasg';lijas; a;haf;lkjhahahath  ;liashgf;lkj a;lksjg;l kjkjsg gijasg;lkjsa; asg  lkasd;lgkj sa;glkasj;asg;lkj asd;glkjasdg;lkj as;lkjgs;lkjsag I really, really enjoyed last night's "Lost".  It was great to have a more leisurely paced episode with plenty of cerebral content.

I am breathlessly anticipating Ben's revelation to John Locke about "who" his contact on the ship is.  When Ben said, "You won't believe me", my mind instantly went into overload and I started thinking about "who" it truly might be...and it HAS to be someone John Locke knows.  I had one person in mind almost immediately, but then the previews knocked that idea out of my head as scenes on the boat showed some rather interesting reactions from Sayid.

That entire episode with Juliet and Jack heading for the power station and Juliet encountering that "whaterveritwas" representing Ben was quite interesting.  That Ben "knows" what's going on and can send "emissaries" in the form of images to people around the island is amazing.  I'm also thinking he can "block" people from seeing what's there, too (the "shack" not being where John remembered it being and the little smile on Ben's face when Locke asked him where it was in an earlier episode).

I'm also thinking that Claire may start asserting herself a bit more in the encampment.  She made a very good argument to John about his treatment of the "prisoner" from the boat.  

I'm loving this season more and more with each episode!

[size=8]END 'LOST' SPOILER[/SIZE]

Ben

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2008, 08:09:58 AM »

Good Morning Ron.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2008, 08:11:16 AM »

[size=8]"JERICHO" SPOILER "JERICHO"[/size]

SDldldl fkdlf dkeks singdawdiddlydaw.dldlskjel;kjl;m MissKarenMissScarum.de,.s.skj;lkjSandraSandraBoBandra,.s.,ejjl;j ;ljljdlkjrlkjkjkajaOh,Penny-OPenny-OPenny-OH! ddlkja lkjlkjj jklfdkjs everybody.d.d.s.e.mflk should .s.e.,e,,,apply.,mlkljlk makeup...and have adkdkd an avatar kejklrkja;lkj;lkj photo.fmfdmf made.

Talk about "breathless"...what a show that has been this season.  They are, of course, cramming an entire season's story arc into six or seven episodes, so there's no time to dawdle, Amaryllis!  This week's episode left me agog and agape.  Just "where" do they plan on taking us between now and the last episode...and will they leave us hanging, with the possibility of no renewal?  AUGHGHGHGHGHGH!

Michael O'Keefe is a terrific bad guy and it's great to see him in a juicy role on primetime.  There's some movin' and shakin' goin' on in Jericho and there's gonna be more blood letting...I can smell it!

Whooptidoody whooptidoody whooptisuperdoody day! XDDSSgizzafratzandratzendatz singdawjoinsthe fray. Pardon me Jo! Is that the cat that chewed your new shoes?

[size=8]END "JERICHO" SPOILER[/size]

« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 08:13:16 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2008, 08:11:39 AM »

Good Morning Ron.

I hope you have a loverly day!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2008, 08:20:27 AM »

Still sick.  Oy.

TCB, you crack me up with magnificent consistency.  Thank you.  ;)

Re:  Gary McFarland.  Back in my wasted yout', I used to invite Jehovah's Witnesses in to my house for little debates on scripture.  Now I am not a doctor of philosophy or anything, but with my, shall we say, eclectic religious upbringing, coupled with my knowledge of Hebrew and at that time Classical Greek (which I was studying as part of my Masters), I was a smartypants and liked watching the JWs squirm as I pointed out various inconsistencies in scripture.  All of which went out the window one day when one of them came in, saw all my music lying around and heard a McFarland LP (remember those?) playing (which he recognized), and told me he knew Gary and would introduce me if only I came to Kingdom Hall (or whatever it's called) with him.  I declined.   ;D

Re:  Lost

[size=8][SPOILER SPACE][/size]

Time may prove me wrong but I think it's fairly obvious that Ben's "plant" on the boat is the cast member whose name has been in the credits for several weeks now without any appearance yet.  Just sayin'.    ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2008, 08:22:56 AM »

Lost mini-review:  I agree with MattH's assessment from last night--a step down from previous episdoes, but, as always, enjoyable.  I kept wondering if poor Miles was still clasping the grenade in his mouth.   :P

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2008, 08:23:41 AM »

Re:  Jose's "flow chart" comment--DS Betsy is getting very confused these days about "Lost."  I finally asked her where she had been during last week's episode.  :)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2008, 08:36:22 AM »

The usual, human response to a New Moon (at 9:15 this morning PST) is to develop a gung-ho attitude that can't be stopped - at least for many hours or a couple of days. The problem here is that you reach another peak of excitement and stimulation as the Moon conjuncts Uranus in Pisces (11:05AM PST), but this union starts a void lunar cycle that lasts until 6:24AM PST tomorrow. Pull in the reins somewhat this afternoon and evening. It is still fine to become a computer geek and high-tech explorer, but it's better to go with the flow than starting up costly and time-consuming business ventures.

Thanks for the warning, Jack--I think.  ???  ???  ???
 ;)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2008, 08:52:14 AM »

Blue Vibes for a Happy and Healthy Miss Blue Moon

[/color]
[/size]

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2008, 08:54:31 AM »

Our administration is coming under great pressure to close early - some HHW vibes would be appreciated.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2008, 08:55:04 AM »

I'm glad your Cranberry issues have been resolved Sing and that you're back among us to brighten our day with pictures  :D

;D
Me, too--glad, that is.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2008, 08:56:23 AM »

I had to take a little break to show some real estate agents my house.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up