Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: PARDON MY RANT  (Read 24442 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:PARDON MY RANT
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2008, 08:13:09 AM »

And, now, Ladies and Gentleman and Assorted Lurkers...
PAGE TWO!!!!![/i]
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2008, 08:14:20 AM »

PAGE TWO "NIGHT GALLERY" DANCE!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2008, 08:15:03 AM »

And on that note - well, image - I shall take my leave of you now. So...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2008, 08:21:57 AM »

I didn't buy the first season of NIGHT GALLERY when it came out on DVD. Now I'm kind of sorry I didn't. I'll have to see if it's still available and at what price. (I think I passed on it because it was overpriced.)

It must not have sold well since they haven't issued the remaining two seasons.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2008, 08:23:54 AM »

PAGE TWO "NIGHT GALLERY" DANCE!

That's from one of my fave NG episodes--with Fritz Weaver, IIRC (the pilot).  The pilot also had another of my faves, with Joan Crawford as the eye transplant lady on the night of the big NYC blackout.  Loved, loved, loved it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 08:25:10 AM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2008, 08:24:29 AM »

I didn't buy the first season of NIGHT GALLERY when it came out on DVD. Now I'm kind of sorry I didn't. I'll have to see if it's still available and at what price. (I think I passed on it because it was overpriced.)

It must not have sold well since they haven't issued the remaining two seasons.

We might be able to work out another trade, Matt.   ;D

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2008, 08:26:12 AM »

I also had the original Night Gallery book with the written versions of the three stories from the pilot.  Night Gallery got pretty silly pretty quickly, though Spielberg cut his teeth on some early episodes.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2008, 08:34:19 AM »

We might be able to work out another trade, Matt.   ;D

I'm open for trade!!!

:D    ;D    8)  

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2008, 08:34:53 AM »

Now I must head downstairs to get cleaned up for my lunch out today with best friend John.

WBBL.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2008, 08:36:45 AM »

Anyone remember the name of Joan Crawford's character in her Night Gallery episode?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2008, 08:41:05 AM »

We had some excitement, yes some EXCITEMENT here in Mooresville Indiana this morning.

I went to get a newspaper for my father, and then went around the corner to the car wash, since the sun was shining and my PT Cruiser was not.

While I was using the vacuum on my floor mats, someone started honking a horn....and honking and honking.

After a bit I turned around and realized a lady in a van was STUCK in the automatic wash bay.  Neither exit nor entrance door would rise.  The exit door was up about three feet.  

Well another gentleman and I looked and looked, called the number and got a recording, and then went under the door to see what we could see.

Finally - the company called the other gentleman back on his cell phone and told him where the top secret nobody knows raise the door button was.

And so the day was saved.  She said thanks many times, went into a self service bay to wash the foam off her van that had sprayed when someone (!) pushed the wrong button.  She only had a dollar bill, so I gave her six quarters to do that.

She said thanks again, and drove off with a clean car and story to tell the folks at work.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2008, 08:43:18 AM »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2008, 09:10:28 AM »

And the word of the day is: ACRITOCHROMACY!
Which can be annagramed to ICY CROTCH AROMA.

(fill in appropriate disgusted response here: _________.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2008, 09:22:23 AM »

Favorite Twilight Zone episodes:

TO SERVE MAN
LIVING DOLL
THE MONSERS ARE DUE ON MAPLE STREET

I don't have any favorite NIGHT GALLERY episodes because I was rarely able to get past the opening of the show...scared the living day out of me! Same with The Outer Limits....I still get chills from the theme music to both shows.

I have a huge amount of THRILLER and ONE STEP BEYOND episodes to watch one of these days. Up to now I have only seen a few episodes of each show.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2008, 09:26:47 AM »

TOD:

Night Gallery - The Boy Who Predicted Earthquakes.

Starring Clint Howard as the titular boy.

Clint Howard also played a very creepy alien named Balak in an episode of the original Star Trek called "The Corbomite Maneuver."  He has gone on to appear in many of his brother Ronny's movies, and still looks creepy, but now it's natural instead of done with make-up.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2008, 09:27:33 AM »

DR MBarnum - I saw several snowmen on my way to work this morning.  One was in front of the fire department in Franklin, OH.  

And what do you suppose he was wearing on his head?

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 09:28:27 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2008, 09:35:14 AM »

On the first page, DR Slunglow posted part of the Ishihara color test, which I would have gladly re-posted here except that I didn't want us to be in VistaVision for two pages in a row.

I used to love these tests, because I could not only see the pattern on them for normal vision, but also discern the patterns for non-normal vision.  I drove more than a couple of testers batty because I could do this, and they were convinced that I had somehow memorized the test cards and was therefore cheating (yeah, right, like who memorizes random dots?).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2008, 09:41:34 AM »

DR GINNY temps in the 40's and 50's headed your way!

Jennifer

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2008, 09:51:53 AM »

And I'm sure DR Jennifer will be watching the BACHELOR special detailing what's happened to previous "Bachelors" on the show.

Actually nope. I haven't watched the Bachelor in years. I did watch the first few seasons. But did not like how they kept saying they were in love (in post show interviews) only to break up the next week.

On tv for me tonight:

MEDIUM.

2 hour finale of OCTOBER ROAD.

DAMAGES.

I don't think i will try the new law show tonight. I"m not in love with the star. And i've not really heard that much about the show that makes it seem like i'd want to watch it.

BTW, DR MattH, I've now seen like 4 episodes of the sanitized DEXTER. And i really like it.

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2008, 10:01:03 AM »

DR GINNY temps in the 40's and 50's headed your way!

We'll take 'em, DR JRand!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2008, 10:32:52 AM »

Today's hilarious moment of Political Correctness Department:

I'm listing these piles and piles of screeners I have on eBay and went to do the new 2 DVD release of the SciFi miniseries "Tin Man."  According to Muze and eBay, its star is one Alan C******.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2008, 10:51:51 AM »

Wonder what they would do with Fanny Farmer.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2008, 10:56:39 AM »

Good Afternoon!

I'm back from my brief(!) audition session, and I've just enjoyed a late brunch too.

-And I have to say, it's a beautiful day outside right now!  A good day for a walk... Around the Reservoir possibly.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2008, 10:57:35 AM »

Today's hilarious moment of Political Correctness Department:

I'm listing these piles and piles of screeners I have on eBay and went to do the new 2 DVD release of the SciFi miniseries "Tin Man."  According to Muze and eBay, its star is one Alan C******.

Hmm... Well, that is his name.  Alan Cumming.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2008, 10:58:11 AM »

Wilkommen
Bienvenue
Welcome

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2008, 11:04:14 AM »

Hmm... Well, that is his name.  Alan Cumming.

OH!  I get what you mean now, DR JMK!

-Well, maybe I need a nap instead of a walk this afternoon.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2008, 11:07:13 AM »

From td:
You should see what's occurring in my attic. . .

LOL-I used to have something like that going on in my attic, unfortunately it was destroyed a few years back-DARN ;D

I wondered if photo was taken at Border’s or some quaint little shop near you.  Does Starbucks (gasp) count as quaint?

Jane

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2008, 11:13:00 AM »

New sins, folks!

http://green.yahoo.com/news/nm/20080310/hl_nm/pope_sins_dc.html

They are missing one:

Thou shall not over populate the Earth!

Ginny

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2008, 11:17:35 AM »

Here's something fun that Richard just emailed to me:

Subject: Retirement Choices

Where to Live After Retirement

You can live in Phoenix, Arizona where... 1. You are willing to park 3 blocks away because you found shade. 2. You've experienced condensation on your butt from the hot water in the toilet bowl. 3. You can drive for 4 hours in one direction and never leave town. 4. You have over 100 recipes for Mexican food. 5. You know that 'dry heat' is comparable to what hits you in the face when you open your oven door. 6. The four seasons are: tolerable, hot, really hot, and ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!

You can live in California where... 1. You make over $250,000 and you still can't afford to buy a house. 2. The fastest part of your commute is going down your driveway. 3. You know how to eat an artichoke. 4. You drive your rented Mercedes to your neighb orhood block party. 5. When someone asks you how far something is, you tell them how long it will take to get there rather than how many miles away it is . 6. The four seasons are: Fire, Flood, Mud, and Drought.

You can live in New York City where... 1. You say 'the city' and expect everyone to know you mean Manhattan. 2. You can get into a four-hour argument about how to get from Columbus Circle to Battery Park, but can't find Wisconsin on a map. 3. You think Central Park is 'nature,' 4. You believe that being able to swear at people in their own language makes you multi-lingual. 5. You've worn out a car horn. 6. You think eye contact is an act of aggression.

You can live in Maine where... 1. You only have four spices: salt, pepper, ketchup, and Tabasco. 2. Halloween costumes fit over parkas. 3. You have more than one recipe for moose. 4. Sexy lingerie is anything flannel with less than eight buttons. 5. The four seasons are: winter, still win ter, almost winter, and construction.

You can live in the Deep South where... 1. You can rent a movie and buy bait in th e same store.2. 'Y'all' is singular and 'All Y'all' is plural. 3. 'He needed killin'' is a valid defense. 4. Everyone has 2 first names: Billy Bob, Jimmy Bob, Mary Alice, Betty Lou, Etta Marie, etc. 5. Pickup trucks and rider mowers are the two main forms of transportation.

You can live in Colorado where... 1. You carry your $3,000 mountain bike atop your $500 car. 2. You tell your husband to pick up Granola on his way home and he stops at the day care center. 3. A pass does not involve a football or dating. 4. The top of your head is bald, but you still have a pony tail.

You can live in the Midwest where... 1. You've never met any celebrities, but the mayor knows your name. 2. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor. 3. You have had to switch from 'heat' to 'A/C' on the same day. 4 . You end sentences with a preposition: 'Where's my coat at?' 5. When asked how your trip was to any exotic place, you say , 'It was different!'

You can live in Florida where... 1. You eat dinner at 3:15 in the afternoon. 2.. All purchases include a coupon of some kind -- even houses and cars. 3. Everyone can recommend an excellent dermatologist. 4. Road construction never ends anywhere in the state. 5. Cars in front of you are often driven by headless people.

Jane

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2008, 11:23:37 AM »

Has anyone seen Canstruction; cool designs made from cans?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up