Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEARY BONES  (Read 35617 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE WEARY BONES
« Reply #300 on: March 18, 2008, 06:43:12 PM »

I've just stuffed the taters into the oven to bake, and am going to run and hide in the back room to speed through Enchanted for the songs and the bonus features.

That, plus steak and salad for dindin tonight.

Tomorrow, we're having breakfast!  (I get off from work late, and back early in the morning after, so breakfast is what cooks quickly with little fuss.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #301 on: March 18, 2008, 06:48:16 PM »

Well, if you get real hard up, would you just like to do Col. Pickering?

:o  ;D  8)  ::)  :P  :)

Always a possibility!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #302 on: March 18, 2008, 06:48:24 PM »

I've just stuffed the taters into the oven to bake, and am going to run and hide in the back room to speed through Enchanted for the songs and the bonus features.

That, plus steak and salad for dindin tonight.

Tomorrow, we're having breakfast!  (I get off from work late, and back early in the morning after, so breakfast is what cooks quickly with little fuss.)

Well, if you can put another tater in the oven, and have any steak leftover after tonight's din-din, you could make a pretty substantial hash for tomorrow's brekkie.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #303 on: March 18, 2008, 06:49:20 PM »

As for the forthcoming Kritzerland release... I, too, am VERY excited about it.  Alas, due to a possible issue that may have occurred while I was traveling week, I have to refrain from any "extraneous" credit card transactions right now.  :-\

Well, you could always send a check to Kritzerland, like I did

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #304 on: March 18, 2008, 06:53:40 PM »

DR JoseSPiano - Once again, and as always, thanks for sharing your considerable impressions with us.  

Yes, but does he do a good James Cagney?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #305 on: March 18, 2008, 07:05:37 PM »

George, other than GRAND NIGHT FOR SINGING, do you remember what other shows Capital Playhouse is doing next season?
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #306 on: March 18, 2008, 07:15:05 PM »

George, other than GRAND NIGHT FOR SINGING, do you remember what other shows Capital Playhouse is doing next season?

As a matter of fact, I do!  I have the tickets already and they're here at work so I don't forget to go. ;) They are doing:

Three Penny Opera
Scrooge (yet again!)
A Grand Night for Singing
Jesus Christ Superstar
A Little Night Music

:)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #307 on: March 18, 2008, 07:17:27 PM »

And CLICK HERE for pictures from Side Show.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #308 on: March 18, 2008, 07:36:26 PM »

Is this you?

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #309 on: March 18, 2008, 07:40:36 PM »

Wireless at rehearsal!!  Not that there is much chance to post, but I'm just sayin'....

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #310 on: March 18, 2008, 07:44:22 PM »

I have been known to post during District meetings at times. ;)
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #311 on: March 18, 2008, 07:47:26 PM »

Working Shop-ette's at the moment, then a run-through.  

George

« Reply #312 on: March 18, 2008, 07:47:37 PM »

Is this you?

Yup.  My moment in this scene (the "Freak Show") takes all of probably 20 seconds and I'm practically running down stage then off.  So the expression is just one exceedingly quick moment where I'm in the middle of speaking some word. ::)

Michael

« Reply #313 on: March 18, 2008, 07:49:25 PM »

Just came home from an evening of song and merriment and saw DR Arnold Brockman which was a nice surprise as he normally attends the Monday night performances.

Christine Pedi who was wonderful and is nice to hear her sing in her "real" voice and not as Liza or Ethel or Carol or Julie or Mary or Eartha or Barbra or Judy.

John Treacy Egan late of the Producers and currently in The Little Mermaid was also there.
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #314 on: March 18, 2008, 07:58:52 PM »

Just came home from an evening of song and merriment and saw DR Arnold Brockman which was a nice surprise as he normally attends the Monday night performances.

Christine Pedi who was wonderful and is nice to hear her sing in her "real" voice and not as Liza or Ethel or Carol or Julie or Mary or Eartha or Barbra or Judy.

John Treacy Egan late of the Producers and currently in The Little Mermaid was also there.

Did she perform her new-ish Sheldon Harnick act?
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #315 on: March 18, 2008, 08:25:49 PM »

The rain I was expecting for us never arrived. Maybe tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #316 on: March 18, 2008, 08:30:03 PM »

I began my evening with another NUMB3RS episode. This was one dealing with an art masterpiece stolen from a museum. Pretty fair mystery, but there was Judd Hirsch two years since I last saw him, lecturing the boys again on the importance of getting married and having families. This is what drove me away from the show two years ago, and it may indeed make me put this set back on the shelf.

Nice seeing Garrett Dillahunt and Benito Martinez in guest star roles.

Matt H.

« Reply #317 on: March 18, 2008, 08:31:18 PM »

Next, I watched another DVD I got for Christmas - I'LL CRY TOMORROW. Susan Hayward reached new heights of performance in this film, and watching her hit bottom and then dry out are harrowing.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #318 on: March 18, 2008, 08:34:21 PM »

Yes.I did see our DR Michael Shayne at The Crest Theatre Tonight. I didn;t realize he had changed his series from Monday to Tuesday. I had to change to Tuesday for the Treacy Egan and Pedi performance because  The Polo Club had Tony Orlando Monday Night(By the way he was terrific) Michael S looks to be in "Tip-Top " Shape.

Yes,Uncle Jo Jo Christine did sing some songs by Sheldon Harnick.

Matt H.

« Reply #319 on: March 18, 2008, 08:38:09 PM »

About tonight's AMERICAN IDOL, another Beatles night.

Too bad they can only send one home. I would send at least five home:

Amanda Overmeyer - back to her sub-level awful yowling that passes as singing.

Kristie Lee Smith - off key much of the time and again, no poise, no personality, voice quavery even late.

Chikisie - like Amanda, back to that awful off pitch singing style from the first weeks.

Brooke White - dull with a capital "d." Even she knew it was a bad night for her.

Ramiele - the producers chose HER to end the evening? Pathetic. Ghastly off key singing.

As for the best:

David Archuleta by a mile, a great recovery from his stumbling performance last week.

Carly Smithson, his only competition of the night and one of the few times since the season started that I didn't think she was the best one.

David Cook - two really good rock performances in a row. Would like to see something else just for a change, but in this style, he can do well.

Matt H.

« Reply #320 on: March 18, 2008, 08:39:06 PM »

JERICHO. Tense episode. A nice surprise or two. Good suspense well sustained.

MBarnum

« Reply #321 on: March 18, 2008, 08:54:49 PM »

Sad to report that Ivan Dixon passed away Sunday in Charlotte, N.C of complications from kidney failure....he was one of the few things I liked about HOGAN'S HEROS. I wish I had gotten around to interviewing him  :-\

Matt H.

« Reply #322 on: March 18, 2008, 08:55:07 PM »

Got some on-line work to do, so I'll log off here for now.

Good night!

MBarnum

« Reply #323 on: March 18, 2008, 08:57:01 PM »

And little Vicki Van Meter, the kid who flew a plane from the U.S. to Europe back in the 90s committed suicide Saturday at age 26  :-\

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 08:57:30 PM by MBarnum »

Jennifer

« Reply #324 on: March 18, 2008, 08:57:56 PM »

Re: tonight's DANCING WITH THE STARS.

I must admit i really love the women. Usually i prefer the guys (cause i seem to love more of the female pros). But i was really impressed with much of what i saw.

There were 4 performances that really stood out to me.

1.I had a feel that Kristi Yamaguchi (sp?) would be great. Even though figure skating is different. I thought her athletic nature, plus her competitiveness would help. Plus the grace from skating. And i was right. She was the best of the night. I really liked her.

2. I loved Marissa jaret winokur. She obviously loves the show and loves performing. And i thought it was nice that she got a standing ovation. She had such energy. And i voted for her to support a broadway performer on the show!

3. Priscilla Presley. I was actually impressed with her. She did much better than i expected. I'm not sure how old she is (early 60s?). They said she was the oldest woman ever. Anyhow she is a perfectionist. But has a lot of natural talent.

4. Marlee Matlin. Very moving. The judges were very moved too. She did great!

Monica seles is quite hopeless. She is too stiff. Maybe she can improve a bit. I fear she will be the woman booted.

Jennifer

« Reply #325 on: March 18, 2008, 09:13:37 PM »

RE: tonight's AMERICAN IDOL

About tonight's AMERICAN IDOL, another Beatles night.

Too bad they can only send one home. I would send at least five home:

Amanda Overmeyer - back to her sub-level awful yowling that passes as singing.

Kristie Lee Smith - off key much of the time and again, no poise, no personality, voice quavery even late.

Chikisie - like Amanda, back to that awful off pitch singing style from the first weeks.

Brooke White - dull with a capital "d." Even she knew it was a bad night for her.

Ramiele - the producers chose HER to end the evening? Pathetic. Ghastly off key singing.

I would agree on some of these. I do not like amanda at all. Or kristy. And i'm not too fond of chikizie. Remiele i think has a nice voice but not great stage presence.

But i will disagree about brooke white. I just find her lovely on stage. She has wonderful stage presence. And she feels so much emotion. Plus she has a lovely personality. I just like watching her and listening to her. I'm not saying she was great tonight. But i like the way she handles herself.

As for the best:

David Archuleta by a mile, a great recovery from his stumbling performance last week.

Carly Smithson, his only competition of the night and one of the few times since the season started that I didn't think she was the best one.

David Cook - two really good rock performances in a row. Would like to see something else just for a change, but in this style, he can do well.

I think lilttle david did well. Carly is good as always. But i am no longer wowed by her. She has experience. But i just don't find myself interested.

I loved avid cook the last two weeks but was not crazy about him tonight.

I think kristy could go. Or remi. I think michael johns is running out chances. He did so great in hollywood. I just don't get what has happened to him.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:15:37 PM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #326 on: March 18, 2008, 09:14:52 PM »

Congrats to BK on his news.

Jennifer

« Reply #327 on: March 18, 2008, 09:17:43 PM »

Vibes for DR Jeanne. Feel better. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #328 on: March 18, 2008, 09:32:43 PM »

I was disappointed not to find the one Stephen Schwartz song that was cut from the movie, the title song that Idinia Menzel was supposed to have sung. I assume they decided to hold it back for the inevitable 2-DVD version to make all of the fans re-buy the same product...

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #329 on: March 18, 2008, 09:53:05 PM »

I, too, am a bit confused by the quoting, as well as the post-script nature of your(?) comments.

The quoting is to set off words for particular emphasis (sometimes called Apologetic Quotation Marks) - if I were speaking my vocal inflection would convey the intent.

The post scripts are just that - after-thoughts on what I had written. The ones in question were just my idealizing what I would like to hear a candidate say

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up