Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BROUHAHA  (Read 29219 times)

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
Re:THE BROUHAHA
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2008, 01:28:35 AM »

PAGE TWO![/color]

HA!

singdaw

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2008, 01:49:58 AM »

Have a sample, won't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POEzC0UMVxM

Oy!  I now have a toothache!   ;)

But I can't say I wasn't warned!

singdaw

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2008, 01:53:53 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam -

Your spoiler buffers are endlessly entertaining.     ;D  

Please just keep in mind that it was not I who complained about spoilers and accidentally "seeing" things on HHW.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 01:56:38 AM by singdaw »

singdaw

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2008, 01:55:52 AM »

I am kind of hoping that the completely errant and truant DR Rodzinski may stop by today to view his HAPPY BIRTHDAY[/size][/color] greetings.

singdaw

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2008, 01:58:22 AM »

***POSITIVE WORK-IT-OUT VIBES***[/size][/color]
for bk & Kritzerland[/size][/color]

singdaw

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2008, 02:00:11 AM »

***VIBES***[/size][/color]
that bk is able to successfully prevent himself from hurling himself in front of a passing automobile[/size][/color]

Michael

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2008, 03:16:38 AM »

I wondered if anybody else has had this experience. On at least a couple of occasions, I have purchased a Broadway OCR album based on a track (or tracks) from the "Lost in Boston" series, only to find that the "cut" songs were superior to the "uncut" ones. Or maybe it was just the productions on LOST IN BOSTON that were superior. Either way, the BOSTON songs set the bar so high that it inevitably led to disappointment. I thought "Come Down from the Tree" (from ONCE ON THIS ISLAND) and every single one of the cut songs from 110 IN THE SHADE were far superior to the tunes that made it. I am sure there are other examples too.

I humbly have to disagree with you when it comes to 110 In The Shade
Some of the great songs that made it to the original opening night:

Old Maid
Wonderful Music
Simple Little Things
Melisande
Little Red Hat
The Rain Song
Is It Really Me
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2008, 03:28:38 AM »

And while I've got "cut" songs on my mind, here's a burning question that I'm sure nobody here knows the answer to...but where else am I gonna post it? One of my very favorite songs from FIDDLER ON THE ROOF is "Chavala" aka Chava Ballet Sequence, which did not appear on the original Zero Mostel OCR. I didn't get to hear this song until the movie (and subsequent film OCR) was released. It's such a beautiful tearjerker. I am sure it must have been at least recorded for the Broadway version, as several other tracks have turned up as bonus cuts on recent reissues of the Broadway CD ("The Rumor," "Wedding Dance Music"). Why would they record "The Rumor" but not "Chavala"?

Glad I finally got that off my chest.

Of course the OC was recorded in the days of the LP and only so much could fit onto an LP.
It was rare the dance music was recorded for a cast album. (West Side Story an exception)

The Rumor is not really a good song. It was a "frontof" song. Sung in front of a curtain while the set was being changed behind it. Just a time filler. The recent revival dropped it in favor of a new song.

Instead of the Rumor I would have liked to have the two reprises of Tradition recorded. (I wonder why the re-release of the soundtrack which included additional music did include these two cuts)

If you don't remember they were used as Tevye decides to allow Tzeitel and Hodel to marry Motel and Perchick.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2008, 03:29:33 AM »

Favorite comfort food

COOKIES!!
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2008, 03:30:45 AM »

Favorite comfort music:

Listening to Jason Graae Live at the Cinegrill. He always makes me smile.
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2008, 03:34:51 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  I will be E & T most of the day, attending a seminar.  The good news is that my workday will end at 2:30pm.

Happiest of birthdays to DR Rodzinski!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2008, 03:35:32 AM »

TOD - Chocolate and "Hail to the Victors"
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2008, 03:45:06 AM »

Just heard that Oscar, Emmy and Tony Awarding actor Paul Scofield has passed away at the age of 86 from Leukemia.

Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2008, 04:16:47 AM »

Situation-resolution vibes for BK!

Ben

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2008, 04:39:06 AM »

Happy Birthday to another Tom, Nondorf AKA Rodzinski!

Ben

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2008, 04:39:21 AM »

I'm here all alone.

Ben

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2008, 04:39:32 AM »

I won't get us to page 3 but I'll post anyway

Ben

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2008, 04:40:20 AM »

I have a meeting with the Rockefeller Foundation this afternoon. It was the meeting that was postponed from last week. I finished the file so perhaps it was meant to be that the meeting was postponed.

Ben

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2008, 04:40:36 AM »

Still alone.

Ben

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2008, 04:41:32 AM »

I need to find a grant or two dealing with Intellectual Property issues. Rockefeller is a funder in that area along with the MacArthur Foundation, they of the Genius Grants.

Ben

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2008, 04:42:03 AM »

And now at Post 50 I will retire to other work (the bowl perhaps?) and let others move us to Page 3

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2008, 04:56:34 AM »

And the word of the day is: RODOMONTADE!
Mario claimed that he could eat a mountain of spaghetti three feet tall in one sitting, but that proved to be just so much RODOMONTADE.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2008, 04:59:05 AM »

I just hurled myself in front of my computer - didn't really do anything.
Hurling in front of the computer will just get the monitor all icky.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2008, 05:01:59 AM »

Good vibes to BK that everything will be resolved favorably today!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=10]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size][/move]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2008, 05:02:03 AM »

I wondered if anybody else has had this experience. On at least a couple of occasions, I have purchased a Broadway OCR album based on a track (or tracks) from the "Lost in Boston" series, only to find that the "cut" songs were superior to the "uncut" ones. Or maybe it was just the productions on LOST IN BOSTON that were superior. Either way, the BOSTON songs set the bar so high that it inevitably led to disappointment. I thought "Come Down from the Tree" (from ONCE ON THIS ISLAND) and every single one of the cut songs from 110 IN THE SHADE were far superior to the tunes that made it. I am sure there are other examples too.

You are, at least in part, witnessing the esteemed BK's abilities as a producer.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2008, 05:03:28 AM »

I am kind of hoping that the completely errant and truant DR Rodzinski may stop by today to view his HAPPY BIRTHDAY[/size][/color] greetings.
We could all drop by Playbill.com and send him birthday e-mails there!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2008, 05:05:45 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR RODZINSKI, who two years ago along with DR TPUNK visited me at the World of Wisdom.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2008, 05:06:06 AM »

News vibes for KRITZERLAND and bad karma vibes and candles for the Perp.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2008, 05:07:36 AM »

I shall be on my way in a bit for an eye examination and to order NEW EYEGLASSES.....hopefully I will be able to find some frames that look better than what I am wearing for the price I am willing to pay.

Today is also the day that Miss Blue Moon returns to the doctor for the results of some testing and other things.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2008, 05:09:06 AM »

DR TCB is up EARLY.

That was a very cute song, DR BRETTY....and I enjoyed the choreography, I could do most of it by the end of the song, what with the repeats and all, I liked the steps done during the chorus.

I also like that a song about individuality had most of the singers doing the same steps at the same time and everyone dressed they way everyone else in the world dresses.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up