Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: STUFFED KISHKA  (Read 29832 times)

FJL

Re:STUFFED KISHKA
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 07:19:05 AM »

TOD:  above all else, the Burger King sausage, egg and cheese croissant (although it DOES have egg in it, so maybe it's not entirely non-nutritious)

FJL

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2008, 07:19:35 AM »

Is it still called a croissan'wich, or did they abandon that moniker?

FJL

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2008, 07:21:27 AM »

And speaking of monikers, that fellow who asked that question of Chelsea Clinton (about her Mom's handling of the Monica Lewinsky situation) really seems to be seizing his minutes of fame, doesn't he?

FJL

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2008, 07:22:20 AM »

Larry - Are we still on for THE MUSIC MAN in Hartford?  And if so, which day?

singdaw

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2008, 07:30:09 AM »

Is it still called a croissan'wich, or did they abandon that moniker?

I have no idea, but now I want one!    8)

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2008, 07:37:36 AM »

Larry - Are we still on for THE MUSIC MAN in Hartford?  And if so, which day?

Fred, yes! I think so.  I haven't thought about it in some time, and I think we need to wait for house seats from Patrick.  I told him I'd let him know more once I knew how many were going. I thought I'd sent Julie an email but she hasn't responded, and I forgot to ask DR Jose!

As for dates, either Saturday matinee April 26 or Sunday matinee April 27.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2008, 07:41:40 AM »

And speaking of monikers, that fellow who asked that question of Chelsea Clinton (about her Mom's handling of the Monica Lewinsky situation) really seems to be seizing his minutes of fame, doesn't he?

I heard a little bit about it, but what was his question?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

FJL

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2008, 07:41:51 AM »

Larry - I'm holding both days open, which of course is no big deal since it's after tax season, so just let me know whenever you know.

Also, confirming that you and Skip are on to go see dear friend Maureen in The Glass Menagerie at Two River in Red Bank, NJ for Sunday, April 13 matinee.  Maureen arranged for the tickets.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 07:42:49 AM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2008, 07:45:55 AM »

Laura - I'm puzzled by what the question was.  What I've heard the question to be must be incorrect, since it didn't sound inflammatory enough to have provoked a "Wow" and rude "None of your business" response from Chelsea Clinton, who is after all putting herself out there for questions and should expect a tough question every now and then.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 07:47:42 AM by FJL »

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2008, 07:47:41 AM »

I imagine she is right -- it is none of his business.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2008, 07:51:44 AM »

Don't mess with Chelsea, I guess.

FJL

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2008, 07:51:47 AM »

I'm a very very big fan of Hillary Clinton, but I'm finding Chelsea Clinton's attitude of wanting things only her own way, and putting herself out there for what she wants to say but thinking that she can single-handedly set the limits, to be a little oblivious to the way things work in the real world.  it was one thing when she was a minor, but she's almost 30 now.

FJL

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2008, 07:56:03 AM »

Just checked.  She's 28 - what's she doing limiting herself to taking questions from college students anyway?  There's no logic to that.

I rant, therefore I am.  :)

FJL

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2008, 08:04:55 AM »

Didn't mean for my rant to cause a lull.  Sorry.  :)

FJL

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2008, 08:05:29 AM »

Just worried that she's hurting her mom's campaign

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2008, 08:10:35 AM »

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- A Southern California McDonald's restaurants official says Egg McMuffin inventor Herb Peterson has died in Santa Barbara at age 89.

"Care to join me?"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2008, 08:10:54 AM »

Larry - I'm holding both days open, which of course is no big deal since it's after tax season, so just let me know whenever you know.

Also, confirming that you and Skip are on to go see dear friend Maureen in The Glass Menagerie at Two River in Red Bank, NJ for Sunday, April 13 matinee.  Maureen arranged for the tickets.

Yes! The 13th is good.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2008, 08:11:11 AM »

Good morning!

Overcast today, but no rain in the forecast, and it's going to be in the 70s, so I guess it's just a cloudy day and nothing more.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

singdaw

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2008, 08:13:15 AM »

"Care to join me?"

In a sandwich, or in the cemetary?    :-\

;)

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2008, 08:14:04 AM »

TOD:

Doritos, especially the Blazin' Hickory Barbecue flavor which seems to be THE favorite flavor around my neighborhood because they're rarely in stock. And Doritos are a Buy-One-Get-One sale item this week, so if they ARE in stock, I WILL stock up.

Favorite fast food/junk food place is Burger King but I rarely go there because there isn't one close to my house. Taco Bell is closest and is my second favorite.

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2008, 08:15:23 AM »

TV Reminders:

SMALLVILLE

ELI STONE

(lots of reality TV, too, with Celebrity Apprentice and game shows galore).

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2008, 08:15:59 AM »

And The Song of The Day Is:  OH ,WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING
Obviously!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

singdaw

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2008, 08:16:20 AM »

Maybe some DR can come up with this.  Ever since the TOD the other day about running gags, I've continued to add to my list as I think of them.

But there's one that's eluding me.  bk used to say it all the time; almost every day.  But he hasn't for a long time.  I remember it as being a fairly common, everyday phrase, and he either purposely transposed two letters or changed one letter to make it into something else.

I know that's pretty vague, but it's driving me crazy.  Any DR have a clew what "bk phrase" I can be thinking of?

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2008, 08:16:59 AM »

I will likely be DVDing it most of the day today. I do plan to watch THE DEPARTED today, and I'll probably watch something on HD-DVD, too. Haven't decided what as yet.

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2008, 08:18:49 AM »

Maybe some DR can come up with this.  Ever since the TOD the other day about running gags, I've continued to add to my list as I think of them.

But there's one that's eluding me.  bk used to say it all the time; almost every day.  But he hasn't for a long time.  I remember it as being a fairly common, everyday phrase, and he either purposely transposed two letters or changed one letter to make it into something else.

I know that's pretty vague, but it's driving me crazy.  Any DR have a clew what "bk phrase" I can be thinking of?

He repeats his catchphrases so much every day that it's hard to keep them all straight. Not catch up/ketchup?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2008, 08:19:38 AM »

Just worried that she's hurting her mom's campaign
Don't worry - her father is doing that just fine.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2008, 08:21:45 AM »

TOD:

Spicy pork rinds.  The kind that are loaded with chili powder.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2008, 08:23:49 AM »

Fast food jernt:

Taco Bell.

Popeye's would be tied, but our local outlet has a bitch as the boss, and just the way she treats her employees is reason enough for me to stay away from the place.  She also prepares lousy Popeye's chicken, which is another reason.

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2008, 08:26:02 AM »

I guess I'll put in an IDOL spoiler though I think it's silly since the news was all over the newspapers and internet this morning

I was delighted that Carly was not in the bottom three this week. I think her fan base woke up and started calling after last week's scare. She did seem to be pushing it this week and wasn't as smooth and as accomplished as she's been throughout the rest of the competition, but I'm sure part of that was nerves over coming to close to being eliminated this week.

I'll bet the same thing happens to Jason Castro next week. His fan base will call en masse no matter how well or poorly he does since it's clear he's not going to rank near the top without help. I really do not like his singing style at all though he tends to stay on pitch more than many of the others.

Couldn't believe Ramiele wasn't in the bottom three after such a lousy performance this week. I think she's by far the weakest singer left.

I noticed Dolly Parton is the guest mentor next week. Does that mean a country week?

singdaw

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2008, 08:26:23 AM »

Not catch up/ketchup?

Sorry, not the one I was thinking of, but thank you!  :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up