Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: I'M HOT  (Read 21385 times)

FJL

Re:I'M HOT
« Reply #180 on: April 13, 2008, 07:13:09 PM »

And one for Caller

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #181 on: April 13, 2008, 07:17:35 PM »

Good evening!

I've been catching up on everyone's back, teeth and mother ailments, kitty birthdays, kitty condos, gigantic millstones, tax frenzies,new ministers and talk about TV shows that I know nothing about.

I am apalled at the recent development concerning the BRAIN musicians. That's ridiculous and unfair. I hope it is recolved soon, and to bk's satisfaction.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2008, 07:20:49 PM »

Regarding the talk the other day about azaleas, I started thinking that maybe what Jose saw that  he thought were rhododendrons were the invicta azaleas. They have a much larger blossom and leaf structure than the average azalea.

I took a picture of the ones in my yard so you can compare the size of the blossoms, side-by-side.

Also, rhododendrons aren't blooming here yet, and I think they bloom earlier here than up north. Anyway, here's the two azaleas:
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ginny

« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2008, 07:24:43 PM »

Beautiful azaleas, DR Edi!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2008, 07:26:20 PM »

We had an unexpected visitor show up after midnight on Friday; our friend John (the Merchant-Ivory editor). We stayed up until after two talking, and then had to hie ourselves to a glorious brunch on Saturday AM at the home of some dear friends in Marietta. They let us bring John along, and he had a great time. Some of our friends had met him years ago, so it was nice for them all to get reaquainted and for him to meet some of our other friends.

The house is an impeccably restored Victorian house from the late 1800's. The owners won an award from the state preservation organization for their work. (They did most of it themselves.)
Greg and I filmed and photographed their restoration over the years, and a few years ago I edited it into a 15 minute documentary to show on the Christmas tour. It's one of the favorite things I've worked on, because it was such a labor of love for all of us.

Edisaurus

« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »

Beautiful azaleas, DR Edi!

Thanks! I can't take any credit---they were already here...but having some rain for the last few weeks has made this one of the most beautiful springtimes in recent memory.

I have been doing all the mowing of this huge yard, and lots of cleanup work...moving plants, mulching, etc. My DR has been tending to the soil and planting our newly aquired plants. It's such a huge bed I wonder if it will ever look full?

Edisaurus

« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2008, 07:30:26 PM »

Another lovely plant that was already here is the bletilla orchid. It's thrilling when they bloom! They are perennial and hardy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2008, 07:30:58 PM »

DR edisaurus - Azaleas it is!  (are?)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2008, 07:31:18 PM »

DR EDISAURUS - isn't it great when friends meet friends and it all works out?

Congrats to DR CILLA LIZ on 14,000 posts....each and every one a GEM.

Improving back vibes for DRs ELMORE and JOSE, although they seem to have recovered as they are traveling all over HAA seeing plays and hearing singers.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #189 on: April 13, 2008, 07:31:39 PM »

DR DANISE what a GREAT solution to the Bear dilemma!!!  I love it!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2008, 07:32:47 PM »

Azaleas....a strange flower....I carried them on my wedding day, and now I carry them in memory of something that has died....

No wait, that was calla lilies.....Oh heck....just make it zinnias!

Edisaurus

« Reply #191 on: April 13, 2008, 07:33:44 PM »

There are also a lot of bluebells, one of my favorites, and these plants are particularly robust.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #192 on: April 13, 2008, 07:34:20 PM »

~~~Back Vibes for DR Elmore!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

« Reply #193 on: April 13, 2008, 07:35:29 PM »

I want to see a picture of Bear in his bed. I enjoyed seeing  T-Punk's kitty condo, with various kitties enjoying it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #194 on: April 13, 2008, 07:36:26 PM »

Thanks all for the congrats!  

I've been watching John Adams. Of all the episodes, I think I liked this one the least. There is only one left and that one I'm looking forward to.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2008, 07:37:55 PM »

bk - In addition to what DR SWW already said....

I thought you had at least mentioned Crustacean, Lawry's (in one of it's incarnations), and The Ivy in your notes and/or posts at one point or another?  Hmm.. Maybe that was another L.A.-based DR or two.

A bunch of those places are downtown, and were set up around the Disney Concert Hall, so they've already been around for a couple of years - and show no signs of stopping or closing right now.  And according to the descriptions in the magazine, only a small handful have been open less than two years.  Again, the list seems to be very slanted toward "fine dining" experiences, and you don't seem to slant that way.

I think they also do a "Cheap Eats" issue, so you may be more familiar with some of the places listed there.  *And I do not treat "Cheap Eats" as something bad or "low".  Heck, my favorite issues of Washingtonian, New York and Time Out New York magazines are their "Cheap Eats" issues.  Low in price, high in quality and flavor.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2008, 07:38:05 PM »

Today we did more yard work with a brief break to attend a baby shower. We were both hungry but we arrived at the end of the party and the caterers had already put away the food. But I'm sure some of it will make an appearance at work tomorrow, since the hosts are the people I'm working for this week. (One of their editors and his wife are the expectant parents.)

Cillaliz

« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2008, 07:38:50 PM »

DR Woody, You must remember we get posts from 2 people at your house and only one in mine....if we add you and Der Brucer together, it's over 23000!!!   Just something to think about :)

Edisaurus

« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2008, 07:39:13 PM »

I used a "Cheap Eats" guide in Rome and had some of the most memorable meals of my life!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2008, 07:39:54 PM »

DR SWW - Tom Colicchio is the chef/founder of "Craft" (and many other restaurants).  -Oh, and he's one of the main judges on "Top Chef" of course.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2008, 07:40:10 PM »

I am beginning to understnad why people hire gardeners. Ouch.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2008, 07:40:36 PM »

Beautiful flowers, Edisaurus!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ginny

« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2008, 07:40:50 PM »

Back recovery vibes to DRs Elmore and Jose.  Those reclining movie theater seats just might have been the culprit!

I'm off to bed to rest up for my day off tomorrow...'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2008, 07:41:04 PM »

LOL, I was just about to ask if you are sore from doing yard work, DR Edi...I know I am

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2008, 07:41:09 PM »

I knew Cut had a provenance of some sort.

It's a newer restaurant in Wolfgang Puck's brand.

It was also one of the 2007 nominees for Best New Restaurant by the James Beard Awards.  That's not something insignificant.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2008, 07:41:25 PM »

6 words that are music to my ears....last load is in the washer

I'm just about to start my first load...but fortunately, I only have one load to do. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2008, 07:41:35 PM »

Yes, Lovely flower photos

George

« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2008, 07:42:56 PM »

This is my 14,000th post!

Congrats to Cillaliz for reaching 14,000+ Posts!  

George

« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2008, 07:43:18 PM »

Sounds like a plan, DR CILLA LIZ....very close to 14,000 posts you are!

JRand, you're close to 30,000! :D

FJL

« Reply #209 on: April 13, 2008, 07:44:01 PM »

Was I imagining this?  They were just referring to Cheese Whiz as "the Wiz" on Bobby Flay's Throwdown, and it sounded like they were playing the vamp for "Ease On Down the Road" from The Wiz in the background.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up