Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: TICKLED PINK  (Read 60380 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:TICKLED PINK
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2008, 08:05:17 AM »

I'll be finishing DRAWN TOGETHER this afternoon. I know I will watch another PSYCH episode, probably while I'm cooking and eating lunch.

As for movies the rest of the afternoon and evening leading up to COLD CASE, at the moment undecided.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2008, 08:08:39 AM »

Page Three Faux-Winkies Dance!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2008, 08:12:19 AM »

I had breakfast at the Edison Cafe - what can I say, I love that place.  Anyway, then I went for a walk. First to drop off the package I forgot to take to Fred and Skip's last night, then to get the I heart NY shirts Samantha didn't get and just to be in New York.  I think it's interesting, sometimes I come here and have many places I want to walk and go see, this time, I am really enjoying just being here. I find the City so relaxing

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2008, 08:14:59 AM »

DR EDI - I can never thank you enough for recommending The Edison. This is the second time I've stayed here and it is perfect for me.  It's so convenient to the theaters.  I love being able to just walk back to the room without having to find a cab, catch a train etc.   It's been a few years since I've stayed downtown and I couldn't believe how I couldn't wait to get back to the Edison.

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2008, 08:15:14 AM »

I need to win the lottery or find an Abuela Claudia
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 08:15:55 AM by Cillaliz »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2008, 08:16:06 AM »

DEXTER

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES

BROTHERS & SISTERS

THE TUDORS

What is this: dysfunctional night on TV :)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2008, 08:18:30 AM »

Hi, Cillaliz!

I'm so glad you're having such a great time and enjoying The Edison. (I still want to sneak up and see that recording studio some day!)

To make your trip complete, you should venture down to Chelsea for some macarons from the Madeline Bakery. Yummm!

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2008, 08:20:58 AM »

Did you still have to pay for an internet connection at the Edison? Seems like that was the one thing that the Wellington had over The Edison, but maybe they've changed that policy.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2008, 08:26:29 AM »

Just finished burning the 10th Johnny Mercer demo DVD, and now the day is mine, all mine!

We're having a neighborhood garden tour from 2-4 and after that, our spring BBQ/membership drive. I don't have lots of people on my street but was still able to sign up 4 new members to our neighborhood association.

The more members, the more security hours we can buy.

My DH should be home from Savannah in time to join me on the tour. He interviewed Johnny Mercer's niece, so I should be hearing some interesting stories, including his affair with Judy Garland. (Talked about after the camera was packed away!)

Edisaurus

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2008, 08:29:54 AM »

I was able to get a lot of things done at the house that would not have happened if the DH was here. We had made great progress on moving in, but gardening has taken over. But there is still so much to do in the house!

Cillaliz

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2008, 08:30:49 AM »

Did you still have to pay for an internet connection at the Edison? Seems like that was the one thing that the Wellington had over The Edison, but maybe they've changed that policy.

No, it hasn't changed, I'm paying for it. But it's wireless in the room, is a really strong signal and I haven't had any problems with it.

Edisaurus

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2008, 08:30:59 AM »

OK, outside to plant some plants!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2008, 08:35:45 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up.... And I just made a double espresso!  -Although, it was one part "regular", one part "unleaded", but it was still two parts dark roast goodness!
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2008, 08:35:55 AM »

DR EDI - I can never thank you enough for recommending The Edison. This is the second time I've stayed here and it is perfect for me.  It's so convenient to the theaters.  I love being able to just walk back to the room without having to find a cab, catch a train etc.   It's been a few years since I've stayed downtown and I couldn't believe how I couldn't wait to get back to the Edison.

Absolutely my favorite place to stay in the city and always my first choice of hotels when planning a trip there.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2008, 08:36:03 AM »

-Or something like that.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2008, 08:37:47 AM »

Guess I'll head down now to sort some laundry to get it ready for today's washing and drying, and then back to the kitchen to begin preparing lunch.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2008, 08:37:56 AM »

As for non-free internet access at hotels...  A friend of mine who works for Hilton told me that most of the time, the front desk will waive the internet fee if you ask.  You just have to ask.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2008, 08:39:46 AM »

I wen tto Amy's Breads for Monkey Cake....no monkey cake...I'm beginning to believe there is no such thing as Monkey Cake ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2008, 08:41:25 AM »

Jose, if I want to get some cookies at Levain, what's the easiest way to get there from here?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2008, 08:42:25 AM »

I wen tto Amy's Breads for Monkey Cake....no monkey cake...I'm beginning to believe there is no such thing as Monkey Cake ;)

Did you ask?  ;)

Sometimes it gets put out later in the day than the other cakes, so you might want to check back later in the day.

*I did see half a Monkey Cake on the back counter last night when I stopped by to pick up some pastries for the apartment for this morning, so...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2008, 08:43:57 AM »

Jose, if I want to get some cookies at Levain, what's the easiest way to get there from here?

Take the 1 Train to 72nd - ride the front of the train.  Levain is at 74th and Amsterdam - basically a block away from the subway entrance/exit at 73rd Street.  *You can also check out Jacques Torres' chocolate shop while you're on that block too.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2008, 08:44:03 AM »

Did you ask?  ;)

Sometimes it gets put out later in the day than the other cakes, so you might want to check back later in the day.

*I did see half a Monkey Cake on the back counter last night when I stopped by to pick up some pastries for the apartment for this morning, so...

I'll go back. soon. There was a long line and I didn't see any so I left. I'm getting ready to go find lunch, I'll go ask

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2008, 08:46:18 AM »

So...  Am I really playing The Brain this weekend?  Really?  Hmm...  Is there room for a second keyboard player up on that platform?  Is there an actual second keyboard that's already programmed?  Does the MD know that there there might be a second keyboard this weekend?  Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2008, 08:47:15 AM »

I'll go back. soon. There was a long line and I didn't see any so I left. I'm getting ready to go find lunch, I'll go ask

It's usually kept on top of the case or on the back counter.  However, it also never hurts to ask either.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2008, 08:51:58 AM »

well, I'm off to find lunch and Monkey Cake....laters

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2008, 08:56:14 AM »

It's usually kept on top of the case or on the back counter.  However, it also never hurts to ask either.

Hands above your head!

Quiet and nobody gets hurt!

Put the Monkey Cake in the bag...

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

FJL

« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2008, 09:14:35 AM »

Ben - I don't want to air any differences between dear DR Julie and me on a public chat board :) but the only really strong hunch I have about GLORY DAYS is long term - that i strongly believe, whatever happens with the reviews for this particular show, its composer especially should wind up having a long, distinguished career.  I thought the first half-hour of GLORY DAYS was on the static side (all set-up, just about nothing happens and they seem to meant for that to be the case) and I suspect that for some audience members the show never recovers from that decision by the authors.  Would I call the composer a fresh voice?  I don't know on one hearing, but I was very very engaged by lots of the music once the slim story got going.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2008, 09:14:42 AM »

I am certainly relieved that BK capitalized that the after-show food came from South Of The Border or I would have worried.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2008, 09:19:57 AM »

At least a week ago, one of the GLORY DAYS actors seemed to be playing much more intensely than the other three, and since that character is supposed to be the obnoxious character, that seemed correct, just that it may have made the first half hour seem grating to some people, even while little happened story-wise.  It took getting used to, but it was effective for me as an audience member.  He was meant to be overbearing, and was effective at it.

FJL

« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2008, 09:24:43 AM »

Many congrats to Bk on a successful opening
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up