Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: AND QUIET FLOWS THE DON  (Read 73731 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
AND QUIET FLOWS THE DON
« on: May 08, 2008, 12:15:14 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes flowed quietly, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently flowing quietly on the road to nowheresville.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 12:09:46 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:AND QUIET FLOWS THE DON
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 12:15:54 AM »

And the word of the day is: MOIETY!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 12:17:25 AM »

And a happy haineshisway.com birthday to Paulie.  Don't really remember who that is but happy birthday anyway.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 12:17:42 AM »

I gotta tell you.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 12:22:38 AM »

BK - Yes, Friday for The Brain.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 12:23:34 AM »

OK... It's late... My body-clock feels like it's later... Or something like that.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 12:34:56 AM »

I've been checking out the new TV with a new HD DVR, but I still have quite a few things on my original (standard) DVR that I need to either watch and delete or record before I turn it back in to Comcast, so that's what I will be doing for the next few days.  

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 12:35:35 AM »

So, it's time for me to get to sleep.  Good night, BK.  And Jose, welcome back to the left coast!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 12:36:07 AM »

Oh...I just noticed that Adriana's here, too.  Good night, Adriana! :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 01:03:36 AM »

I, too, shall toddle off to the bedroom environment.

singdaw

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 01:25:47 AM »

Here is Albert Einstein.  But if you back away from your computer by about 10 feet, it's Marilyn Monroe!

singdaw

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 02:09:38 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS, DR George, on getting everything all set up.  May it provide you with many years of enjoyment!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 03:24:19 AM »

*DON'T FORGET!!  FIRST-CLASS MAIL COSTS 42 CENTS COME MONDAY!!*[/size][/color]

singdaw

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 03:24:47 AM »

Unless you have a stash of "Forever" stamps!   :D

singdaw

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 03:32:57 AM »

I wonder if Colony will put Primrose up on their website, or in-store only?

singdaw

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 03:33:26 AM »

Thanks for the report on Camelot, DR elmore3003!   :)

Ginny

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 03:38:34 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Just popping in early to tell y'all that I will be E & T most of the day.  I'm attending a Grant Writing Made Easy seminar at the Dayton Convention Center.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 04:01:41 AM »

Dear BK -

Take DR Jose to a Claim Jumper.  Cheesecake Factories are everywhere.  Claim Jumpers are only located on the West Coast, plus Colorado and Illinois for some reason.  A more unique experience.

Get him a slice of their Chocolate Motherlode Cake (according to their website, a "Super Moist Slice of our Six-Layer Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Chips, Fresh Walnuts and Chocolate Fudge Frosting"), and take a stopwatch.  I want to know how long it takes Jose to finish a slice.  And he will, if I know our DR Jose, he will!

;D

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 04:04:51 AM »

And the word of the day is: MOIETY!
There will be no MOIETY when it comes to DR Jose and his slice of Chocolate Motherlode Cake!

Well, maybe there will be, if you ask him nicely.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 04:06:26 AM »

Professor MOIETY loved to slice up London and give shares of the city to his criminal minions.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 04:14:35 AM »

I will be glad when this killer workweek is over.

It's all because of the Grand Re-Opening of the store, which takes place tomorrow.  I haven't had a day off since last Wednesday, and every day this week has been a full eight hours, split between the traning for the billing desk and cashiering.

We've got several new people working the cash registers, and I've barely had a chance to even simply say hello.  That's not like me - I like to give the newbies as much encouragement as I can.

That, plus the deadline for designs for this year's employee summer t-shirt is tomorrow.  I'm turning mine in today - a graphic of a dolphin leaping into the air over the sea at sunset.  Der Brucer thinks I did a decent job.

Any television tonight will have to be put on hold - I'm behind on my sleep, and have to be in at work tomorrow at six in the morn, looking sharp.

Time to get going.  Hasta la.

singdaw

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 04:47:37 AM »

"Now.  Left hand...Red!"

photo:   The Caucasian Chalk Circle

singdaw

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 04:48:40 AM »

***GRAND RE-OPENING & CALMING VIBES***[/size][/color]
for DR SWW!!!![/size][/color]

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 04:50:50 AM »

Good morning, all! I forgot to mention last night that I hear this new version of BRIGADOON is to be ascored for an all-Celtic band. I guess they're hoping for a prequel to RIVER DANCE. But what happens when they get to the 1940s ballads?

I was amazed last night at the small number of posts on CAMELOT on the chat boards; everyone was too busy raving about NO NO NANETTE at Encores!

Today, back to Toyland, several errands, and perhaps a discussion with my brother Randy: he and Macbeth have  been thinking, since my dad's property isn't selling, that perhaps they should rent the house. To me, it's throwng good money away since the house has vermin issues from sitting empty for 24 months, mold issues, needs a new furnace, and will be torn down when it's sold to be converted to offices, a motel, aparking lot, or worse. I think we should sell but I fear that they will hold out for a high price and this albatross will hang around our necks for way too long when a dcent selling price could be drawing interest in good investment.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 05:01:09 AM »

Hi Larry, did you get my phone message yesterday?

singdaw

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 05:01:12 AM »

DR elmore3003:  Not that you asked, but as a former rental manager, I have to say that I concur with you 150%.  That would be a nightmare.  Dispose of the property now, and be done with it!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 05:07:51 AM »

Hi Larry, did you get my phone message yesterday?

DR FJL, I did, and I was going to call you in a bit from Toyland. I should be in by 9:30.

Did you finish all your Godivas, or do you have better self-control than I?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 05:08:49 AM »

DR elmore3003:  Not that you asked, but as a former rental manager, I have to say that I concur with you 150%.  That would be a nightmare.  Dispose of the property now, and be done with it!

DR singdaw, I thank you for your opinion. I love one of my brothers immensely and I wonder at times where his head may be!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 05:09:05 AM by elmore3003 »

singdaw

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 05:43:11 AM »

OMG, OMG!!!!

Digging in the HHW Recipe archives, I finally discovered what FLOOP is!!!!!    :D

And it wasn't at all what I was expecting!   ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 05:44:56 AM »

Suddenly, I'm back on site! At 7:30 am, I was told there were "too many connections." At 7:50 things were fine. Five minutes ago, I was told "too many connections" and couldn't get back on the site. What the hell is going on? Is there a physical cyber reason for all the connections? Are there so many visitors? Is it my computer?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

And I'm outa here!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 05:45:32 AM by elmore3003 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up