Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MY FUNNY VALENTINE  (Read 22465 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
MY FUNNY VALENTINE
« on: February 14, 2004, 12:18:11 AM »

Well, you've scoped out the notes, you've scooped out the notes, you've had the notes with a cherry on top, so now all you must do is simply post until the cows come home.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 09:38:18 AM by bk »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:MY FUNNY VALENTINE
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 12:51:00 AM »

Good morning!

-Wow!  It's been a while since I've been a "late night denizen".  Guess that means I'm getting back to normal!

T-o-D - as opposed to D-i-T - Ray Bradbury.... Hmm.. I may have to sleep on that one, literally.  I recall having "Farhenheit 451" on my reading list in high school sophomore year... Was that the one with the tattooed man on the cover?  ???  Movies - ???

In other news...

DR George - Did they really take off "Making Love Alone" from later reissues of the Bernadette Peters' CD?!?!?  I'm gonna go have to check the bins at Tower now!

-And if you're interested in the sheet music, you may message me too. ;-)

-What light through yonder window breaks..  -Oh, it's just the motion detector light on the porch next door.. their dog sets it off... ;)

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 12:54:53 AM »

OOohhh.. and first post too! :D
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2004, 12:56:02 AM »

I haven't really read that much Bradbury, but he had a story which I believe is called THE FRUIT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BOWL which was memorable.  I love the film FAHRENHEIT 451...well, I don't love it, but I admire it very much because it is about books and reading and the importance of both.

My favourite author is probably H. Rider Haggard who wrote my favourite book of all time SHE.   A haunting, eerie epic that stirs deeper waters than one would think for an adventure novel.   I have about thirty variant editions of the book, including two firsts.  I also have a letter written by Haggard where he talks about it without mentioning it by name.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2004, 01:00:43 AM »

My favorite book by Bradbury would have to be Dandelion Wine.  I don't think anyone has captured a summer the way he did in that tome.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jed

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2004, 02:48:27 AM »

Pretty sure the only Bradbury I've read is Fahrenheit 451, which I do remember enjoying.

Will try to have more to say later, but my bed awaits!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 02:49:40 AM by Jed »
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2004, 03:12:04 AM »

Happy Valentine's Day!   ;D

Wonderful pictures MBARNUM.....  No Frances never did the honors at the Chinese Theater!  But thanks for looking.

DRSWW has already chosen my favorite Bradbury book:  I wish someone would take some of the stories in Dandelion Wine and make a movie....especially "Lime Vanilla Ice Cream" and "The Long Walk Home."  NOT a tv movie....a MOVIE MOVIE.

As for Bradbury movies Farenheit 451 of course and Something Wicked This Way Comes.  Of course my major problem with 451 was that nobody was memorizing any of Jackie Susann's books.....
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 03:13:25 AM by JRand53 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2004, 04:31:43 AM »

I just watched Blue Denim on the Fox Movie Channel.  I still like that movie....stagebound and product of its time, though it is.

I only wish the all the parents involved weren't written as such idiots and boobs!   :(  Has anyone seen the play - does it have different ending?

Brandon deWilde and Carol Lynley and especially Warren Berlinger give sincere performances and they all look great!

DREMILY there is a nice hairstyle in this movie!  Like the one she wore in Hound Dog Man.

Danise

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2004, 05:50:54 AM »

Good Morning and Happy Valentines day to all!

Here's your cyber smooch, Bruce.  

Well, Jose, I will confess that yesterday I ate some things I shouldn't have and I have gained a whole pound back.  Sigh.  I'll be back on track today and will lose it quick!  

Funny thing,  I haven't been eating sugar since I started and, man, did I have a headache last night.  That will help keep me on the straight and narrow if nothing else.

Ray Bradbury--I remember a short story of his  that made me stop and think--I think it was called A Sound Of Thunder.  I also liked several of his books.

Well, I've got to run.  I have some plumbers putty to buy.  Before I do here's a little picture story of what I hope happens for each and every one of you today!

First, when you open the door here's what you'll see:

Then you'll either go out or have a lovely candle lit dinenr at home:

And then later on.....

Have a wonderful day/night!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 05:53:17 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2004, 05:52:00 AM »

MBARNUM Freddy is a kewl Kat!

LOL DRDanise - I loved your smileys!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 05:52:55 AM by JRand53 »

td

• td
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2004, 06:15:10 AM »

As to HHAs:
td: Vibes and prayers. If you want to hear stories about Home Health Aides, we had one for Joe (actually many over the course of ten years) and he finally decided he'd rather not spend the money.
Thanks for the thoughts, fortunately though, I don't have to "hire in;"  between the retired friends of my folks, my cousins and my personal friends, I have been able to create a monday thru friday schedule which filled up quickly.  

In regards to "Making Love Alone:"
Do you mean a recording or sheet music? If you mean recording, did you know that Bernadette Peters recorded it on her "Sondheim, Etc." CD when it was first released, but the song is no longer on the CD? Does anyone know why it was removed from the recording?
Wow!  I never knew that it had been removed!  I guess buying it blindly on the day of release was a good thing.
Ray Bradbury:  while in junior high, I hated to have to read THE ILLUSTRATED MAN, but, now it is one of my favorite anthologies.  Very fond of THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES, too.  (Does everybody remember WHO starred in the tv-miniseries of TMC?)  F451, I like both the book and the film - -BUT, hasn't Bradbury done a George Lucas to go back and revamp his original novel? ? ? ?   DANDELION WINE is good too.   SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES gives me goosepimples.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2004, 06:38:12 AM »

Love and Smooches to you all. I'm feeling giddy and wonderful today - I met my pianist yesterday, and he is superb! he can transpose at sight (I didn't even ask him to - but he asked "what key do you want this in? at the top of the very first song!!!), does lovely 'fills' and has his own signature style - all this while really tuning in and LISTENING to me. A veritable jewel of an accompanist. So any lingering and nagging misgivings have evaporated, and I spent much of the night rehearsing in my mind, instead of sleeping. Oh, I am inspired!!!

And - I don't know if I am allowed to say this? - thanks for the manuscript, Sveetie. I'll get to it immediately. Can't wait!
PennyO

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2004, 06:44:18 AM »

Bruce, surrounded by hainesy/kimlets:

Bernadette Peters:  George, are you sure you don't have the Walmart version of the CD.  Since Walmart is the largest single retailer of CDs in the U.S., many rock/pop groups record a separate sanitized version that meets their squeaky-clean standards.

Or perhaps John Ashcroft has determined that "Making Love Alone" violates the Patriot Act.  I'd hate to think of Bernadette detained incommunicado at Guantanamo.  I mean, she's never even sung "Guantanamera" as far as I know.  (I'll tell you my "Guantanamera" story some time.)

Ray Bradbury:  I devoured his books as a wee twig of a sprig of a lad in high school and college, as did Stephen King, evidently, considering how much he stole from was influenced by Bradbury.

Favorites:  "The Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl".  Every time Joe gets obsessive with cleaning, I tell him, "Don't forget the fruit at the bottom of the bowl."

Something Wicked This Way Comes:  often imitated, never duplicated.

Dandelion Wine:  Always wanted to make a musical of it.  Even wrote the lyric to a very decent title song, if I do say so myself--and I do.

Speaking of Bernadette and Bradbury in the same post, what are other readers' views of her performance in the TV version of The Martian Chronicles some years back?  And of the entire adaptation?  Also, what about Rod Steiger's self-indulgent film of The Illustrated Man?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 06:47:05 AM by William F. Orr »
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2004, 07:08:55 AM »

Well, Damn It! Damn It all to Hell!

Thanks to one DR's hint, I figured out how to get here without reading the daily sermon notes - and then disovered I needed to go back and read them to get the drift of things.

In did learn something though:
BK says:
"...love and romance in all its incarnations or even its outcarnations..."

So, carnations are like navels, they come in two versions: "innies" and "outies".

We are also exhorted: "And let’s all share the love, baby, and shake our collective bootys."

And what of thos of us who have out-gown "bootys" and now wear Birkenstocks?

I share with you my Valentine from DR SWW:

der Brucer (viewing with apprehension our Valentine Treat - going to a Bingo Game at the Convention Center! "Well, Toto, looks like we're back in Kansas!")

2 shakes of a lambs tail to notice pic too big; 3 more shakes to modify pic; 3MegaMillion shakes to fuss with AOL bumping me about so I could fix it

« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 08:03:52 AM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2004, 07:13:49 AM »

Ray Bradbury did a fasconating interview for The Onion.

Excerpts:

RB: It's amazing. I never thought it would happen. I wrote stories to please myself, and it's very gratifying to see that Fahrenheit, or The Martian Chronicles, or Something Wicked are in schools all over the country.

O: It's also relatively unusual for a science-fiction writer.

RB: I'm not a science-fiction writer. I've only written one book that's science fiction, and that's Fahrenheit 451. All the others are fantasy.

O: What's the distinction for you?

RB: Fantasies are things that can't happen, and science fiction is about things that can happen.

O: Fahrenheit 451 is one of the definitive anti-censorship books. What do you think of the renewed efforts to restrict or regulate the content of books, movies, music, and the like?

RB: That's not censorship. You have to have taste. You know, there's a hell of a lot in movies that doesn't have to be there. I'll give you a good example: Mel Gibson is doing a new version of Fahrenheit 451 next year some time. There are nine screenplays—nine screenplays! Now, if you know the book, you can just shoot the book off of the page. It's an automatic screenplay. Well, I gave them one screenplay, and there are eight more by various screenwriters. And to give you an example of what should not go into a film—and it's not censorship, it's taste—there's one of the scenes by this other screenwriter. The fire chief comes to visit Montag, and Montag's wife, Mildred, says to him, "Would you like some coffee?" And the fire chief then says, "Do bears shit in the woods?" Do you want that in a film?

O: It's certainly not necessary.

RB: No, it's not. It's not in the book. It's not me. So, that's not censorship. It's just their bad taste.

O: Is it hard to watch people changing what you wrote?

RB: Oh, sure, because I don't have control. Once you sell those things to the studio, they can do anything with it that they want. You have the privilege, of course, of not selling it to them. But Mel Gibson is a fine director and a fine actor, and I trust him to do a good job. But at the right moment, when they start production, I'll make a list of things that don't go into the film. And if he doesn't [listen], I'll call a press conference.

RB: Also, I deal in metaphors. All my stories are like the Greek and Roman myths, and the Egyptian myths, and the Old and New Testament. If you speak in tongues, if you write in metaphors, then people can remember them. The stories are very easy to recall, and you can tell them. So it's my ability as a teller of tales and a writer of metaphors. I think that's why I'm in the schools.

O: Do you find it inspirational that people are still attracted to your writing through all the changes in fads and tastes?

RB: Nope. I write just for myself. My tastes are the same. I've always loved Tarzan, I've always loved John Carter Of Mars, and I still collect Buck Rogers comic strips. I still love Prince Valiant. It doesn't change.

O: On the subject of computers, I found a quote from you that says, "I don't understand this whole thing about computers and the superhighway. Who wants to be in touch with all those people?" That's from 1995.
RB: That's right. And I haven't changed my mind. Bill Gates was at the library ahead of me two years ago. He signed in the guest book, and I wrote underneath his name, "I don't do Windows."

O: As a writer, do you feel like a teacher yourself?
RB: You must be. You can't be self-conscious about it, but Dr. Schweitzer said years ago, "Do something good and someone might imitate it." So if you like my writing, you may very well imitate my passion.

der Brucer (who as a teen was addicted to Fantasy/SciFi short stories)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2004, 07:39:35 AM »

td:  You are blessed to have such family members.  We had a family meeting a few weeks ago, with 5 of Mom's 7 kids in attendance.  The idea was maybe each one could cover a day with Mom.  Amazing how quickly they remembered things that absolutely prevented them from doing that.  Right down to "I have to make lunch for my teenage daughter."

The Martian Chronicles miniseries?  That wouldn't be The Rock, would it?  No, no, not the Scorpion King-- the real Rock.  Hudson.

And speaking of twivia, Elmer, since no one posted Picard's third lady love (unless I missed your post), it was Michelle Phillips of the Mamas and the Papas (mother of McKenzie Phillips) in the episode "We'll Always Have Paris".  Oh, a Casablanca reference.
--Wayland Flowers

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2004, 07:41:54 AM »

A few musings on yesterday's posts since I didn't feel up to logging back on when I got in from the theater last night.

Loved the pics, DR MBarnum, and I'm so proud of your resolve to quit "the habit." It WAS very brave to share with us, and I hope you'll use us for support if you need it.

I taught a fair amount of Ray Bradbury short stories during my years, but my favorite story was the one Danise mentioned, "The Sound of Thunder." For those of you who love twist endings, this is a wonderful tale. Many of my kids years later would return to see me and mention how they remembered that story. Funny how certain stories can stay with you for years and years while others, just as well written, don't strike a chord and stay with you.

I have read a good many of his books, but I haven't been overly impressed with any of the film versions. I guess I should give them another chance as I only saw each of them once and in the intervening years may have developed more of a taste for them. I know a guy I dated last year was in a state of rapture when he found out SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES was being released on DVD. He really loved that film.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2004, 08:21:55 AM »

Also wanted to say a HAPPY HEART DAY to DRs here who have made such an impact on my life over the previous year.

It's so nice to know there are kindred spirits here.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2004, 08:23:04 AM »

BK - why would anyone abandon gay?
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2004, 08:33:28 AM »

Good morning. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
Good interview with Mr. Bradbury. He mentioned in his intro at the theater last night (yes, I was there, too) how they had told him that his screenplay was not good enough. He seemed resigned to the fact, took it with good humor -- but I think that was just in the telling of the tale. I mean, the man is in his 80's, hard of hearing, gets around with a walker, has a magnificent body of work behind him - why the hell should he care what Mel Gibson or anyone else thinks? But of course he does - I guess that never ends.
He told lovely stories of working with Charles Laughton -- how Laughton and his producer took him out to get him drunk before telling him that his first attempt at a stageplay stunk. (I love to hear phrases like, "Then Charles and Elsa came over to the house...")

Must run out and do a few errands before getting back to cutting my opus to shreds and then putting it back together and making it sing like the birdies.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 08:35:03 AM by Panni »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2004, 09:00:54 AM »

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

...And Good Morning!

-The internet can be a most wondrous place at times!  I started on a very personal query for a friend of mine last night before heading to bed last, and, lo and behold, when I logged on this morning, there were two "answer" e-mails in my Inbox!

The local public radio station is currently their self-produced show, "The Sound of Swing".  This week's theme is very neat.  They're playing Gershwin songs back to back.  Well, first they're playing a classic and/or original vocal version of song, then following it with one - or two - swing/jazz/big band versions of the same song.  I didn't know Kate Smith could swing!  ;)

As for Ray Bradbury movies... I'm guessin' I've seen the movie version of Fahrenheit 451, but I can't even recall the details of that one right now.  And I know we watched some of the television adaptations in high school, but again, the details and titles are foggy at this moment.

-Uh-oh - Steve just IMed me... He baked up a batch of "Bubble Bread" this morning... and it just came out of the oven.   He mentioned something about "gooey pecans".  He actually started making it last night when i was over there after the show.  It's another one of those "dump" recipes.  This time, you take frozen bread dough rolls, place them in a pan, then cover them with cinnamon, sugar, butter and pecans - some variants also use butterscotch pudding mix!  You just place the pan in a turned off oven overnight to defrost and rise, then come morning, you heat up the oven and bake them off.  Hmm... I may have to think about this... "gooey pecans..."... Hmm... ???
Make Your Own Luck.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2004, 09:03:36 AM »

I've often thought ill of Valentine's Day, for with the obsessive commercialization that just about every holiday gets, it seemed like a slap-in-the-face of the lonely.  "Here's a holiday, just for us lovers.  The rest of you might as well face a regular work day."  Should a holiday serve to make people feel bad?  Don't get me started on Yom Kipper...

But the wonderful Orr-view on Sunday in the Park With George last night served to remind me that there are other ways of loving.  When the character looks at the painting and sees all this evidence that Georges loved Dot, a whole warm world is opened up.  Making art can be a form of loving, and the evidence can be seen centuries later.

So, ignore the pressure, if you can.  But make love today... in whatever form.  Panni's writing.  Others are doing the nasty.  But it's all love.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2004, 09:23:14 AM »

Well, DSL isn't happening today.  We tried, oh, yes, we tried, but the fershluganah DSL green light is blinking when it should be solid.  This is a bad thing apparently, so now they are doing a line check again and may have to send someone out here to see if there's a problem somewhere.  Somehow, I do not think the problem is here, since my dedicated computer line has never had a problem.  Very frustrating morning, starting with trying to get an answer from Dell about configuring my TCP/IP address.  I was on hold for fifteen minutes, then the technician said he'd have to switch me to a higher technician.  On hold for another fifteen minutes.  The higher technician, Ulysses, was one of the stupidest people I've ever had the displeasure to talk to - I mean, it's SIMPLE what I was trying to do.  He said he'd have to switch me to someone else.  He then switched me, on hold for another five minutes, only to find he'd switched me (on purpose, I believe) to the wrong department.  I gave up at that point.  The DSL person helped me configure the TCP/IP address for the computer in ten seconds.  So at least the wire goes directly into the computer rather than the ethernet card.  In any case, someone is supposed to call me tomorrow with information and we shall see what that yields.  If they can't get it working tomorrow, then someone has to come out.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2004, 09:27:14 AM »

My apologies to Robin.  I just read the back posts and saw that you did indeed get Michelle Phillips.  And the Mamas and the Papas had a hit with Rodgers & Hart's "Sing for Your Supper", of all things, from The Boys from Syracuse.  It's a naughty song, originally in six-part harmony, I believe.
--Wayland Flowers

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2004, 09:33:22 AM »

So much to reply to, and it's still so early:

Ray Bradbury:  there is a great documentary on all of the Harryhausen DVDs featuring a bunch of Ray interviews and Ray presenting Ray (Harryhausen) with the special Oscar.  It's really special.

BK's keyboard:  BK, if you have a really good memory, you may recall I was the one who solved your Word problems on your old computer by telling you about the nasty "Normal.dot" file.  If you have a separate keyboard (I'm not sure if your Dell is a laptop or not), another "quick fix" for a non-functioning keyboard is to simply unplug the keyboard from the tower and plug it back in.  We had to do this on a virtually weekly basis with our old Gateway (which similarly had the Word problem you did).

Ask BK day:  I do not believe I ever received an answer to my question:  What is your favorite Mimsy Farmer film?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2004, 09:34:52 AM »

I think the only Bradbury book I read in High School was "The Martian Chronicles" I read that about the same year I read "Alas Babylon" and they all run together!  Happy Valentine's to all of you.  :)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2004, 09:36:03 AM »

Should a holiday serve to make people feel bad?  Don't get me started on Yom Kipper...

Try having a birthday that frequently either falls right on Yom Kippur or is within a stone's throw of the holiday.  Talk about mixed messages!!  :)  But my wife helped deepen my understanding of this holiday--I no longer dread it, but see it as a wonderful chance to start anew.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2004, 09:42:07 AM »

Bernadette Peters:  George, are you sure you don't have the Walmart version of the CD.  Since Walmart is the largest single retailer of CDs in the U.S., many rock/pop groups record a separate sanitized version that meets their squeaky-clean standards.

WFO, I most fortunately have the original, unexpurgated release (no pun intended) that includes the fabulous song "Making Love Alone."  I happened to notice on amazon.com a couple of years ago that it does not list the song as being on the CD.  Several "reviews" note that the song is not on it.  Also, I have seen (and held in my hand) a copy in either Tower Records or Borders that does not list the song.  So, it isn't Walmart's copy that I got, although I have heard that they sell edited versions of CDs and they don't tell their customers.  Not good, if you ask me (someone who works for a library...intellectual freedom, and all that).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2004, 09:50:23 AM »

I know a guy I dated last year was in a state of rapture when he found out SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES was being released on DVD. He really loved that film.

I had to watch this when I was in high school (in a science fiction/literature class) and I was riveted.  It was very engaging and held my attention the whole time.  Of course, I haven't seen it since (21 years) so I don't know how I'd feel about it today...but at the time, it made an impression on me.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2004, 09:55:54 AM »

For Valentine's Day - which Hollywood couple shared this first kiss as man and wife?   8)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up