Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: BK VS. THE MACHINES  (Read 25249 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BK VS. THE MACHINES
« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2004, 08:23:21 PM »

Atkins ice cream is very very bad.  Although, I just tried one of their ice cream bars and it was tolerable.  Something resembling dark chocolate on the outside and vanilla fudge swirl on the inside.  Not good, but tolerable.

Just watched a terrific movie, Pretty Poison, which I'd TIVOd.  For those who've never seen it, it's on again this evening at 11 CA time, and it's on one more time this month.  Tuesday Weld's finest hour and that's saying something.

MBarnum

« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2004, 08:26:58 PM »

LOL! Sorry to disappoint you TCB! LOL! He did tell me that he had many invitations for "dinner" from men during his time in Hollywood! LOL! He did turn them down, however.

He also bought a poodle from Rock Hudson at one time! And he sort of thinks that Pernell Roberts had a thing for him! Hmmm! I had forgotten that Pernell had that reputation!

Tomovoz

« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2004, 08:27:06 PM »

Good news (for me). "Beyond The Sea" is in post production and Spacey is happy with the film. Scheduled release is December 24. Hope they release a soundtrack. I love Darin's work but Spacey has a good voice.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2004, 08:27:57 PM »

Good news for MBarnum too. Glad you received such a positive response Michael.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2004, 08:41:26 PM »

LOL! Sorry to disappoint you TCB! LOL! He did tell me that he had many invitations for "dinner" from men during his time in Hollywood! LOL! He did turn them down, however.

He also bought a poodle from Rock Hudson at one time! And he sort of thinks that Pernell Roberts had a thing for him! Hmmm! I had forgotten that Pernell had that reputation!

Pernell Roberts???  Where have I been?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2004, 08:52:10 PM »

And news for Michael Shayne - I remembered another TV show I was in (he likes these for his website dedicated to ME).  It was a pilot based on the film If I Had a Million.  I don't remember at all what I did in it, but I remember shooting at the Santa Monica Pier and on the Venice boardwalk.  I only remember two cast members that I had scenes with - Peter Kastner and Dr. No himself, Joseph Wiseman.  I don't know why, but it came back to me last night.  I probably haven't thought of it since I shot it way back in 1973 or so.

td

• td
« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2004, 08:53:36 PM »

The Damned score is not as good as I remember it.  In fact, it's somewhat tedious thus far.  I may take it off.  I remember it as being much more dramatic.  I must have DRAMA in my life! DRAMA, do you hear?!

You want DRAMA? I know quite a few DRAMA QUEENS. . .hopefully, your lovely wife will understand.   ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2004, 08:58:46 PM »

I believe I read he took out the objectionable parts.

I have mixed feeling about this.  As much as I would like to see the movie and decide for myself, I don’t want to support anti-Semitism with my money.  Of course I have to see the movie in order to have an educated opinion.

This whole thing reminds me of Patti Lupone's "Meadowlark" anecdote: "The song was in; the song was out."
The line, as of this week's Entertainment Weekly is still in (well, HELL's BELLS, it appears in the Gospel of St. Matthew, for pity's sake), only now the line has not been subtitled.
Was this sort of furor created when JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR also laid the blame on Caiphas?
Based on all four gospels plus the "visions" of some nun (hey, I'm not Catholic - I don't know my nuns from NUNSENSE0; this should prove to be an interesting and riveting movie experience - -though, certainly not for the faint-hearted.
Oh, and yes, I will be there on opening night.

td

• td
« Reply #188 on: February 20, 2004, 09:09:17 PM »

So, it happened only yesterday.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #189 on: February 20, 2004, 09:31:18 PM »

So, it happened only yesterday.

That's right.  Flattery will get you everywhere!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #190 on: February 20, 2004, 09:32:25 PM »

DR Danise - Well, if I can actually make it through tonight without having torn open one of the two Hershey's Special Dark bars I have in the kitchen, then you can make it through your plateau. ;)

Just remember - Plateaus are normal.  Plateaus are supposed to happen - it just means your body is getting used to being smaller.  And, most importantly, plateaus are temporary.  *And you've probably read about them countless times, and you knew that they are supposed to happen.

Just reach for the almonds instead of the chocolate.
Have a piece of low-fat cheese instead of a caramel.
Or just wait 10 minutes and the craving will go away.

*I've been through about 6 or 7 10 minute waiting periods tonight. ;)

And just like it says below that cute picture of the kitty cat on the tree branch.... Hang in there!

:) :) :) :) :)
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #191 on: February 20, 2004, 09:44:44 PM »

That's right.  Flattery will get you everywhere!

FLATTERY!  (Oh! a WHOOP-UP! reference!)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: February 20, 2004, 10:12:25 PM »

Say, where in tarnation IS everyone?  We need us some late night denizens right about now.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #193 on: February 20, 2004, 10:30:23 PM »

DR MBarnum - If I ever make it out to Oregon, can I have dinner on you too?

ba-doom, chick

-Remember, there is no groaning allowed here at HHW.

Well, I'd hang around for bit longer tonight, but since it's already 1:30AM EST...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #194 on: February 20, 2004, 10:35:54 PM »

This late nite denizen is getting clothes washed and dried.

It's taken a while, because we had to re-wire the plug for the dryer.  Our connection was a four-prong plug, but the electric dryer we bought only had a three-prong plug, which of course was completely wrong.  Der Brucer and I had gone to Home Depot, and bought what we thought was the correct four-prong plug, but it wasn't.  It was a four-prong plug for electric ranges, which are configured differently from those used on electric dryers.

No, we haven't figured out the logic behind that one.

So back we went to Home Depot, to get the correct four-prong plug.  And the first one we grabbed from the four-prong plugs for electric dryers bin was...you guessed it, a four-prong plug for electric ranges.  It turned out that the bin for four-prong plugs for electric ranges was full, so someone had dumped a bunch of four-prong plugs for electric ranges in the bin for four-prong plugs for electric dryers.

Finally finding the correct four-prong plug, for electric dryers and not for electric ranges, we headed home and correctly hooked up the electric dryer.  But not until after we had dinner, which consisted of a roast chicken with stuffing and spinach, and was quite delish.

So now we're happily drying our clothes.

Isn't this just marvelous news?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Kerry

« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2004, 10:37:56 PM »

good night.  sweet dreams to all.  Sleep tight.
I like boat races.

Tomovoz

« Reply #196 on: February 20, 2004, 10:50:19 PM »

Good night Kerry. Arrangements are under way for your Cd copy of "My Name is Jack"
James Thurber 1957

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #197 on: February 20, 2004, 10:54:44 PM »

I tried watching a DVD tonight ("THIRTEEN") but my DVD player was doing its turning colors number again. I finally gave up. Didn't like what I saw of the movie, but wanted to watch it. Frustrating! Panni Vs. the Machines.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #198 on: February 20, 2004, 10:55:49 PM »

Have to wuss out for tonight. 'Night, all.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #199 on: February 20, 2004, 11:15:01 PM »

I wish I had eaten stuffed chicken and spinach for supper.  It would have been a nice departure from the baked potato I've had the past three nights.

Have had a head cold all week.  Am very tired of blowing my nose, of sneezing, of sniffling, of having sinus congestion, of blowing my nose, ad infinitum.

Today was a vacation day for me.  I've been purging and purging things from my smallish apartment.  As Panni well knows, things accumulate faster than you realize.

It's not that you deliberately set out to make a pile of this or a pile of that....but once you've started a pile, it multiplies EXPONENTIALLY like so many Tribbles.

So...piles and piles of VHS tapes have been boxed up for storage.  Piles and piles of CDs are being boxed up for storage.  Lots of old, mismatched pieces of cookware and cutlery are being disposed of as new stuff has been obtained and the old stuff was cluttering counter tops waiting for me to box it all up for a trip to the Salvation Army.

It's kind of funny, actually -- the week that I'm feeling sick is the week I actually move my butt and get all these things done.  

Oh, well.  It keeps my mind off the blowing of my nose and the sneezing and sniffling...except when I sit to reflect at my PC.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: February 20, 2004, 11:19:48 PM »

I feel safe in assuming we will crack two hundred posts for the first time in ages.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: February 20, 2004, 11:52:37 PM »

My goodness, if I hadn't made it two hundred you all would have sat there like so much fish and let us close out the night at 199.  I hate to cast aspertions, but wussbergs is all I have to say.  Wussbergs, sitting there like so much fish.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up