Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHOPPING LIST  (Read 35465 times)

singdaw

Re:THE SHOPPING LIST
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 05:35:23 AM »

...or not...

Ben

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2008, 05:41:48 AM »

DR Ben - that was released as a bootleg from some guy with a website - I can get the information for you when I'm home if you wish.  The price is quite reasonable, but the copy as issued is practically unwatchable.  The video is OK, but the sound is wretched [every sustained note sounds like someone was hitting the pitch adjustment knob!].

I'll ask Anthony. I seem to remember hearing about the wretched audio quality. I'll keep you posted as to whether Mr. Anthony of Fort Atkinson would like to borrow the video.

Ben

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2008, 05:43:07 AM »

Morning TCB.

Does The Country's Best Yogurt still exist as a company? If you add a Y to TCB you get that acronym and I remember them from the 80s. It was a frozen yogurt chain. They had a store around 8th Street in the Village.

singdaw

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2008, 06:02:30 AM »

singdaw

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2008, 06:13:04 AM »

...and speaking of cows...

Associated Press reports that cows seem to have a built-in compass.  No bull: Somehow, cattle seem to know how to find north and south, say researchers who studied satellite photos of thousands of cows around the world.

So they WILL get home!     :D

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 06:24:36 AM »

For those who watch DANCING WITH THE STARS the new cast has been announced:

There are some interesting choices and pairings!

• Lance Bass (formerly of *NSYNC and a trained cosmonaut) is paired with Lacey Schwimmer (a onetime So You Think You Can Dance finalist and the 2007 World Swing Dance champ)

• Celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito is paired with Karina Smirnoff

• Team USA beach volleyball queen Misty May-Treanor is paired with Maksim Chmerkovskiy (who was absent last cycle but is now returning for his fifth season)

• Track star/former "World's Fastest Man" Maurice Greene is paired with Cheryl Burke

• Grammy-winning recording artist Toni Braxton is paired with Alec Mazo

• Reality TV star Kim Kardashian is paired with Mark Ballas (See related news story: Kardashian Impaired by Injury Just as Rehearsals Begin)

• Hannah Montana's Cody Linley, Dancing's youngest celeb, is paired with "older woman" Julianne Hough

• Oscar and Emmy winner Cloris Leachman, 82, is paired with Corky Ballas (Mark's father and a World Latin Champion)

• TV vet Ted McGinley is paired with new pro Inna Brayer, the current U.S. Amateur 10 Dance Champion

• Brooke Burke (Wild On, Rock Star) is paired with Derek Hough

• Comedian Jeff Ross, aka TV's "celebrity roastmaster general," is paired with Edyta Sliwinska

• Recently retired Super Bowl champion Warren Sapp is paired with Kym Johnson

• All My Children Emmy winner Susan Lucci is paired with Tony Dovolani

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Things-Dancing-Stars/Dancing-Stars-2008/800044487

FJL

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 06:37:21 AM »

For the word of the day, a little clay-mation blast from the past

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt6R6sTwsa4

"Land of Confusion" - sung by Genesis, and featuring lots of clay

FJL

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2008, 06:37:59 AM »

Don't dawdle, argillaceous

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2008, 06:41:20 AM »

Good morning, all! I had an absolutely fantastic time at the Mexican birthday dinner of the now 40-years-old Jose.  I'm sure he stayed up all night unwrapping his birthday gifts.

Today, i've got to finish those Christmas charts. I've made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon to see my doctor, who doesn't seem capable of putting together symptoms as quickly as DRs Ben, Jose, and MBarnum, and I will ask him to test me for diabetes type 2. I think the ultrasound is important to rule out drastic stomach concerns, but I honestly believe it's diabetes. We'll see.

Welcome back, Nursie!

Congratulations, DR Michael Shayne.

I got the new GYPSY recording late yesterday afternoon, and I'm enjoying it quite a lot.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2008, 06:56:37 AM »

Taking "Blame The Victim" to new heights:

Critics Slam Elizabeth Edwards for Silence on Husband's Affair

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2008, 07:00:16 AM »

Today, i've got to finish those Christmas charts.

Does the world really need another "Little Drummer Boy"? :)

der Brucer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2008, 07:16:14 AM »

I'm all alone so Atlanta here I come.

Please do!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DERBRUCER

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2008, 07:16:16 AM »

Andromeda Strain IMDB review:

Simply horrible: overblown made-for-TV-movie melodrama, poor acting, silly makeup effects and production design, bad direction. And a script that foolishly adds multiple, painfully obvious plot lines to the original story so that the taut and gripping plot of the novel is almost completely obscured. Despite having more running time than the 1971 movie, this soggy mini-series seems rushed to cram in all the stupidity it can.

Watch it at your peril,

BK - are you ghost writing?

der Brucer

Ben

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2008, 07:22:22 AM »

Please do!

It would be nice to take a U.S. tour stopping in Long Island, Virginia, Delaware, Georgia, Florida, Pennsylvania, Iowa, North Dakota, Washington, Oregon, California and Arizona. I don't think I left anyone out. If I did it was unintentional.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2008, 07:23:55 AM »

Another ask bk: Would you consider staging THE BRAIN with the Atlanta lyric theatre? They will be taking up residence at the newly restored Strand Theatre in Marietta. The coming season:
Disneys Beauty & The Beast
Smokey Joe's Cafe
The It Girl
The Pirates of Penzance
Chicago
You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown (by Atlanta Junior Lyric)

I think it would go over really well, and they have some great singers/actors in the company!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2008, 07:27:31 AM »

GOSSIP GIRL starts next week. I'm not too happy to learn that the local Canadian station is moving it off their main network to one of their other stations that is not available in montreal. :(

And i don't get the CW. My sis has a dish and said she would tape it for me. ANd it might still be available online on the CTV site.  But it sure sucks. It's one of my favorite shows. I hope CTV gets a lot of mail with displeased viewers. Even if they showed it at 1am or on saturday afternoons (they've been known to do this with shows they don't have room for) i would be happy.

:(

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2008, 07:30:49 AM »

RE: BIG BROTHER

DRs MBarnum and RonP what did you think of last night's show?

They actually did not show a key development in what really happened. Ollie and michelle had been laughing all week at dan and saying they would backstab him next week.

I am curious how you guys thought ollie was edited. To me he seemed overly cocky. And they didn't make dan look bad. But they did not show that ollie was going to reneg on his end!

Btw, they started to show ollie going slightly crazy after the pov ceremony. there is a rumor that there could be repercussions for him on thursday. Maybe penalty nom? Should be interesting. I watched on youtube what ollie and michelle did after the pov. And it was pretty funny. Hope they have time to show some of it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 07:31:58 AM by Jennifer »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2008, 07:39:03 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm 40 and a day!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2008, 07:41:02 AM »

Awww...  And since my other roommate, Faith, could not make it to La Cocina last night... I opened the fridge this morning, and there was a slice of a Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel Icing for me.  :)

*I was going to have it for breakfast, but decided to make it my afternoon snack. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2008, 07:41:59 AM »

DR George - Thanks for the "hint" last night...  32,000 (Spoo!  - I blame the tequila!)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2008, 07:42:40 AM »

Scarlett, or Ashley?      ;)

Frank Kennedy or Melanie?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2008, 07:44:05 AM »

Good morning!

The remains of Hurricane Fay were still with us this morning, but it seems to be clearing up now. We got over 5 inches of rain altogether, and we surely needed it. But this means once the ground dries out, I will have to mow.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2008, 07:46:41 AM »

Good morning, all! I had an absolutely fantastic time at the Mexican birthday dinner of the now 40-years-old Jose.  I'm sure he stayed up all night unwrapping his birthday gifts.

Today, i've got to finish those Christmas charts. I've made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon to see my doctor, who doesn't seem capable of putting together symptoms as quickly as DRs Ben, Jose, and MBarnum, and I will ask him to test me for diabetes type 2. I think the ultrasound is important to rule out drastic stomach concerns, but I honestly believe it's diabetes. We'll see.

Actually, I zonked out a little after midnight. I was up early yesterday, so... Or maybe I really am getting old(er)?  ;)

Of course, my youngest brother, Jay, who lives in San Diego called me around 2:30am - 11:30pm his time - to pass on his Birthday Wishes to me.  "Hey, shouldn't you still be out on the town right now in New York City?....  WOW! 40!  We're all getting old!"  :P
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2008, 07:47:35 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm 40 and a day!

And nothing, nothing, nothing will EVER be the same!     8)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2008, 07:48:47 AM »

Tonight is the unsatisfying season finale of BONES, the one in which we learn the identity of Gormogon's apprentice. Since I've watched the show's reruns all summer to see how they set us up for this nasty revelation, I will watch this tonight (likely record it and speed through commercials).

I'm very exciting that the show returns with new episodes next week, and with a two hour season premiere set in London! Can't wait for that!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2008, 07:49:23 AM »

Good morning!

The remains of Hurricane Fay were still with us this morning, but it seems to be clearing up now. We got over 5 inches of rain altogether, and we surely needed it. But this means once the ground dries out, I will have to mow.

Well.. Just as long as it's all dried out by the time I get down there next weekend for the Fall SETC auditions.  Although, now that I think of it, I don't seem to recall a Fall SETC in Charlotte where we've had any sort of inclement weather.  -Unlike the Spring ones where we've dealt with torrential rains, snow, hail, and tornado-like conditions... And unfinished hotels.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2008, 07:49:31 AM »

Of course, we also have PROJECT RUNWAY tonight! I'll probably record that, too, and speed through commercials.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2008, 07:50:01 AM »

And nothing, nothing, nothing will EVER be the same!     8)

That is my hope!
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2008, 07:50:42 AM »

Well.. Just as long as it's all dried out by the time I get down there next weekend for the Fall SETC auditions.  Although, now that I think of it, I don't seem to recall a Fall SETC in Charlotte where we've had any sort of inclement weather.  -Unlike the Spring ones where we've dealt with torrential rains, snow, hail, and tornado-like conditions... And unfinished hotels.

My gosh, those fall auditions got here quickly! Good grief!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2008, 07:50:49 AM »

RE: BIG BROTHER

DRs MBarnum and RonP what did you think of last night's show?

They actually did not show a key development in what really happened. Ollie and michelle had been laughing all week at dan and saying they would backstab him next week.

I am curious how you guys thought ollie was edited. To me he seemed overly cocky. And they didn't make dan look bad. But they did not show that ollie was going to reneg on his end!

Btw, they started to show ollie going slightly crazy after the pov ceremony. there is a rumor that there could be repercussions for him on thursday. Maybe penalty nom? Should be interesting. I watched on youtube what ollie and michelle did after the pov. And it was pretty funny. Hope they have time to show some of it.

I totally didn't follow the logic of Dan's Veto Ceremony game.  I knew what the outcome would be, but I hoped it would make sense to me.

I totally loved the outcome.

As for Jerry, his shenanigans need to be exposed on national TV.  He is one nasty piece of work and he has more than sullied the honor of the various branches of the military whose emblems he wears on his caps.  There's no fool like an OLD fool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up