Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: OVER THE WEATHER  (Read 55738 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
OVER THE WEATHER
« on: October 10, 2008, 12:34:57 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were feeling fine, and now it is time for you to post until the sick cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: OVER THE WEATHER
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 12:35:53 AM »

And the word of the day is: SEREIN!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 12:47:17 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 12:48:46 AM »

No, I see little boxes with question marks.

Hmm...let me try this one more time.  I've downloaded the pictures to my computer, then uploaded them to the HHW photobucket account that I created.  Here they are, one more time.  Hopefully, THIS time, you'll be able to see them:

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 12:48:59 AM »

How about now, BK??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 12:55:13 AM »

And as far as not seeing/having the box to attach pictures to your message in Reply mode...do you have a link for "Additional Options..." right under the "Message" box?  If you do, click on that, and the hidden "Attach" box should appear.  If you don't, that's something that will probably need to be fixed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 12:56:35 AM »

I see those photos.  But I don't have the attach box - so something in my Global Admin account needs to be clicked - I've e-mailed Bakalor and hopefully it's an easy fix.

George

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 12:59:47 AM »

Media Check...in my DVD player, the DVD that I just bought yesterday, "U-Carmen," the South African translation of Bizet's "Carmen."  After I bought that at Border's (with a 30% off coupon ;D), I went to Costco and bought "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day," the Blu-ray DVD (which includes the regular DVD) to Disney's "Sleeping Beauty" and "Eli Stone," the complete season one. 

I have quite a few shows on my DVRs, but I'll have most of the weekend to get through those.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 01:16:55 AM by George »

George

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 01:11:26 AM »

Tonight, I will see Ursula K. Le Guin, right here in Olympia, Washington!  I'm actually ushering for the event.  She'll be reading from and talking about her book, "A Wizard of Earthsea," which is this year's Timberland Reads Together book.  TRT is also a part of "The Big Read, an initiative of the National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with the Institute of Museum and Library Services and Arts Midwest, designed to restore reading to the center of American culture."  Essentially, everyone throughout the entire Timberland library district (who choses to participate) reads the same book and has discussions and events, etc.  This is the fourth year that Timberland has done this.  Click HERE to find out what previous titles were. :)

George

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 01:18:13 AM »

And now...to bed.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 02:50:16 AM »

In today's notes, our esteemed BK posted a rare and wonderful lyric that he had found, by the legendary Meltz and Ernest, which began:

Somewhere over the weather
There’s no flu
No one ever has colds and
Sore throats don’t bother you.

Since he is our Meltz and Ernest maven, perhaps he knows the provenance of the following snippet, whether it is by M&E themselves, or perhaps by a protege:

I feel rotten
Oh so rotten
Like some cotton has caught in my ear
And my poor throat
Is a sore throat at this time of year.

It's a snatch of lyric that I've known for quite some time, but I've never been able to track down where it is from.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 03:05:06 AM »

TOD:

Book (and CD player):

Defying Gravity, by Carol de Giere.  It's fun to read the book, and listen to the scores of Stephen Schwartz while reading about them.  But does anyone know anything about this The Stephen Schwartz Album, apparently a CD featuring songs that he has written that the author mentions several times?

:-*

And, on the DVD front:

Der Brucer packaged the two-disc release of Ironman with the aforementioned book, when he ordered them from Amazon.

But one of my co-horts at work, Jeffrey (who is tall and blond and works in the Deli department and is scheeming to play Dorothy when the Deli department dresses up as the cast of The Wizard of Oz this upcoming Halloween, 'nuff said) found out that that dreamy (his word) John Barrowman is in a television series called Torchwood, and that I had it on DVD.  I agreed to loan it to him, but only if he started with the series Torchwood spun off from, and followed the two shows in chronological order.  He has now worked his way through Series One and Series Two of the original show, plus Series One of Torchwood, and has now started on Series Three of the original.

Well, Jeffrey has, in turn, loaned me/us Saturday Night Live: The Best of Saturday TV Funhouse.  It's a collection of the animated stuff that SNL has broadcast over the years, including "The Ambiguously Gay Duo."  Should be fun!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 03:14:07 AM »

And the word of the day is: SEREIN!

The surreal SEREIN slips silently southward, seriously soaking the sunflowers, sorgham and solenostemon scutellarioides.

Try saying that three times quickly, I SNEER!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 03:52:25 AM »

Der Brucer is about to hit a milestone.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 03:53:21 AM »

And workies.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 04:32:19 AM »

Yes today is Friday and it is a workday for me as well.  Oh well.

And I am going to ask my brother in law if he can exchange this television set for me since the bottom of the screen is BLUE or GREEN depending on my color setting.  GRRRRRRRRRRR
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 04:33:18 AM »

Why is DR MBARNUM watching Bollywood movies when he has so many Bomba movies to watch?

And he also has DEADLY ISLAND the "world's most banned movie" in his possession, not to mention THE PHARAOH'S CURSE.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 04:33:40 AM »

TOD:

DVD - nothing
CD - nothing
VCR - nothing

That was easy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 05:04:09 AM »

I knew it.

This is one of those days when it seems as if the universe is becoming unhinged. Success and widespread gains across the board are conceivably in view -- courtesy of the Moon in Aquarius making its monthly union with visionary and imaginative Neptune (2:51AM PDT). There is also a provocative and mind-expanding Mercury-Uranus parallel (2:12AM PDT) early on that will be amplified later when the same two planets form a mentally-stimulating 72-degree rapport (6:27PM PDT).

FJL

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 05:15:45 AM »

A parallel with Uranus is always provocative and mind-expanding, or so they say

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 05:17:55 AM »

So they say.

Off to work.  Oh well.

FJL

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 05:18:37 AM »

As Bloody Mary might say, that parallel can at times be very expansive

FJL

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2008, 05:19:23 AM »

Or is that expensive?  My herring may have been bad.

FJL

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 05:20:06 AM »

Reminds me, I need to take my fish oil/Omega 3 pill

FJL

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008, 05:22:23 AM »

The doctor said my "bad cholesterol" is very good (190) but for my "good cholesterol"  I may want to either eat more fish (shrimp and lobster apparently doesn't count as fish for this purpose) or else take fish oil/omega 3 supplements.

singdaw

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 05:29:11 AM »

Whew!!!  I am woefully behind.  At work and here.  But no time to catch up right now.   :(

singdaw

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 05:29:40 AM »

Kerry

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 05:34:37 AM »

Good Morning, Good day!  How is everyone this beautiful day?
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 05:43:49 AM »

Good morning, all! I have a long trip to Toyland this morning to gather up some scores to write about over the weekend, There's still no word from my colleague except for a "thanks for your patience," which is rather tried at this point.  As for my other colleague, Mr Tom Murray, who left me in the lurch in January, he's now off to London. There are days I feel I'm bailing water on the Titanic and today I'm rather frustrated by it all.

TOD:
   DVD:  Don Giovanni, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Tale of Two Cities
   CD: Maury Yeston Songbook, Guy Haines, ballets by Delibes & Tchaikovsky
   VCR:  cheap cheap cheap!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2008, 06:01:28 AM »

Well, I'm not about to plunk my Media check down here at the bottom of the page where no one will read it.

So....
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up