Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: WATCHING JOE FRIDAY ON A TUESDAY  (Read 28852 times)

Ginny

Re: WATCHING JOE FRIDAY ON A TUESDAY
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2008, 06:39:48 AM »

Had a lovely surprise visit of DF this past weekend... It was nice to be pampered and squired....

"Pampered and Squired" - that's the title of my new romance novel!

DR DakotaCelt, I'm glad you had a nice visit with your DF.  Any wedding plans yet?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2008, 06:42:25 AM »

Good morning, all! The Men's Chorus rehearsal was quite a lot of fun, and I stayed for the whole evening. It was nice to see old friends and hang out listening to other arrangements. This Sunday the Chorus is dong a guest shot with gloria Gaynor at some benefit, so I got to watch the rehearse to a track of "I Will Survive," and Charlie's choral arrangement added a layer of Swingle Singers to the song.

Today, I'm back to THE MOST HAPPY FELLA; I'd like to get through most of Act One this week. First thing this morning, tidying up the apartmnet and carting things to the basement.  For my walk, I've got physical therapy at 12:45 so I'll start the walk around noon..
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2008, 06:48:47 AM »

Starbucks has a set up in front of our building this morning offering free cups of coffee and oatmeal.  I didn't catch the flavor of the coffee but it wasn't bad.  The oatmeal was instant but pretty delish, especially with the added nuts and dried fruit (I passed on the brown sugar.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2008, 06:50:51 AM »

TOD:

Our family secret ingredient for macaroni salad:  dill weed.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2008, 06:53:16 AM »

Beeyootiful pictures of DR Tomovoz's travels in Europe!
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2008, 06:56:25 AM »

-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2008, 06:57:29 AM »

Added Nuts and Dried Fruit....

That is the title of the next volume of my memoirs.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2008, 06:57:46 AM »

DR JOSE sounds like quite the busy and popular person over there in NYC.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2008, 07:11:38 AM »

TOD:  The best macaroni salad can be found in Van Nuys, BK.  It is also where the best Texas B-B-Q I've ever had can be found.  It is Dr. Hogly-Wogly's Tyler Texas B-B-Q.  My mouth is watering even as I write.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2008, 07:19:47 AM »

Beeyootiful autumn mornings are the perfect time to listen to the music of Vince Guaraldi.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2008, 07:35:15 AM »

Our Upload folder is full? No mo photos?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2008, 07:37:02 AM »

Theoretically, with the new board bk now has the power to purge the upload folder without having to go to Mark.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2008, 07:46:14 AM »

Good morning!

It must not have gotten as cold last night as predicted because the house wasn't nearly as cold as I expected it to be when I got out of bed. Yes, it's certainly chilly inside, but today's high of 70 should take some of the chill out of the air.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2008, 07:48:59 AM »

As I mentioned last night, I'll be working on SHREK THE HALLS this afternoon, the holiday SHREK special from last year. At 22 minutes and what appears to be a few holiday singalong bonus features, I should be able to handle the whole disc this afternoon. That will leave all evening free to watch something fun and, of course, prime time TV.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2008, 07:50:35 AM »

On TV Tonight!™

CBS - NCIS, THE MENTALIST, WITHOUT A TRACE
NBC - THE BIGGEST LOSER (two hours), LAW & ORDER: SVU
ABC - DANCING WITH THE STARS (recap show, results show), ELI STONE
FOX - HOUSE, FRINGE

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2008, 07:52:38 AM »

The current Mrs. Tom Cruise makes her first guest appearance on ELI STONE tonight. She's featured in the show's big production number and then assumes her role as a clumsy young lawyer. Can't wait to see the show (not because of her), one of my absolute favorites currently on TV.

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2008, 07:54:42 AM »

Can't contribute to the TOD. Though I will eat some of the things mentioned occasionally at restaurants, I have no special memories of them anywhere, and I don't fix them for myself very often either so no recipes to impart.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2008, 07:55:13 AM »

And the word of the day is: BIDENDATE!
Here in Delaware, when we go out on the town with a Senator it's called a BIDENDATE.

You had to ask. 
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2008, 07:57:46 AM »

Theoretically, with the new board bk now has the power to purge the upload folder without having to go to Mark.

I hope he will attempt it. It would be great to have it emptied so more photos of travels, etc. can be put up.

BTW, I liked the new sofa, DR George. The storage is great, and how convenient to have a fold out downstairs! I love having company, but the futon in my guest bedroom is a PAIN to fold out. I'd much rather have something like that.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2008, 07:59:51 AM »

Re Mr. Blackwell's passing:

He and his partner showed up more than a couple of times at Log Cabin meetings in Los Angeles.  I didn't really get to meet him, however, other than a quick hello.  Considering that I'd show up wearing the duds I'd worn to work that day, I figured it would be cruel to tempt fate and force him into saying anything.   ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2008, 08:04:52 AM »

George: Might I suggest investing in a vinyl sheet, in case you have a guest?

;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2008, 08:07:38 AM »

Mrs. Rumplestiltskin got tired of waiting for her husband to come home every night.  She was sure he was cheating on her, but could never prove it.

Ben

« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2008, 08:12:30 AM »

The Dog Ate My Cellphone.

No, it's not the title of my next novel. It happened to Anthony in Chicago.

He is now an unemployed actor and working his way back to New York. His cousin lives in Chicago (two hours from Fort Atkinson, WI) and he stopped there last night on his way back to the City. She has a dog and Anthony didn't shut to door to the spare bedroom fully. The dog got in and chewed up his hat and  the cell phone. The phone still works but it looks pretty banged up. He never used it but the camera may be a fatality. We shall see.

Depending on how long he stays in Chicago he will be back in New York tomorrow evening or Thursday evening. His cousin wants to have some friends over for dinner tomorrow and introduce them all to her Actor Cousin, Anthoy Morelli. If he stays for the party he will leave Chicago on Thursday morning and get back here sometime Thursday night.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2008, 08:30:04 AM »

TOD:

I generally avoid comfort foods when we go out for dinner.  If I can make them at home, I don't need to have them away from home.

Of course, I understand that there are those who don't cook at home, because they don't know how, and are reduced to getting their comfort foods elsewhere.  I also realize that Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Dinner is a perennial best seller.  To which I can only say BLECH!!!

It was, in fact, having a comfort food at a restaurant that made me pursue making it at home.  Der B and I were in Washington DC for some reason or other, and before starting on our long drive homewards stopped at a restaurant for dinner.  It was fairly busy, in a popular sort of way, which should have been our tip-off.

What we both started our meals with was a cup each of French Onion Soup.  It was not good.  The chef, or the owners, had decided to put his/their own twist on the traditional recipe, and had added tarragon.  Not right, not right at all.

I never order French Onion Soup any more when I'm at a restaurant.  I can do it so much better, following Julia Child's recipe from Mastering the Art of French Cooking.  She does not add tarragon.  She does not add any herbs at all.  The soup consists of good beef stock and onions that have been slowly caramelized right there in the pot.  Top it off with some crispy toasts and good cheese, under the broiler, and perhaps a splash of sherry (here we do differ from Julia, because I don't like cognac), and a salad on the side, and that's a wonderful dinner.  The leftovers can make a great braising liquid for pot roast, by the way, or you can reheat it and have a second bowl of soup a day or so later.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2008, 08:32:45 AM »

BTW, there are restaurants that put Kraft Mac & Cheese on their menus.

(Insert ugly epethet here.)

Miss Karen

« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2008, 08:45:56 AM »

that is neat that the arms can come off also...

It's just a flesh wound

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2008, 08:46:49 AM »

Now, if I were to go out to eat, Nage (both here in Rehoboth Beach and in Washington DC) certainly could strike my fancy.  Oooh, look, they have Three Little Pigs as an appetizer on the dinner menu!  Charcuterie as comfort food, how perfectly logical!  Yum!

Miss Karen

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2008, 08:49:26 AM »

Like your new fainting couch/sofa (made me think of DR MusicGuy -- where is he anywhew?!), DR Jorge -- most multi-functional.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2008, 08:49:30 AM »

I can purge?  I've been trying to purge for a week - this damn flu.  Who knew?  Seriously, how can I purge photos without going to Mr. Bakalor?

Matt H.

« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2008, 08:51:51 AM »

Heading down now to get started on lunch for today.

WBBL.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up