Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: WATCHING JOE FRIDAY ON A TUESDAY  (Read 28851 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WATCHING JOE FRIDAY ON A TUESDAY
« on: October 20, 2008, 11:11:02 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had irony, and now it is time for you to post until the ironic cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WATCHING JOE FRIDAY ON A TUESDAY
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 11:11:42 PM »

And the word of the day is: BIDENTATE!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 08:47:42 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 11:13:00 PM »

Jose, what new computer?  Did you get one of the new-fangled Macbook Pros?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 11:13:27 PM »

I really wanted to be in bed by ten-thirty - oh, well.  I shall to bed now.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 11:13:54 PM »

DR Jennifer - As for hospitals and children.  I think it's just up to each hospital, each unit, and ultimately the parents.  I do have to say, I was a little wary of walking my nieces and nephews through some "open hallways" where they could peer into other patient's room, but they seemed to have not noticed anything out of the ordinary.  As for germs, there are Purel stations in every room, by every elevator and in every bathroom - at least at Henrico Doctors.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 11:15:03 PM »

Jose, what new computer?  Did you get one of the new-fangled Macbook Pros?

Nope.  My brother had a "spare" MacBook - the previous "white" model at work, and he gave it to me.  I don't really need the "Pro".  At least I don't think so.  Now, the Airbook is a different story.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 11:15:38 PM »

OK - I must to bed.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 12:06:30 AM »

I would love to get a laptop or macbook...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 12:09:14 AM »

I could use a new computer, but I don't need a new computer.  It'll last for a while longer.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 12:09:51 AM »

Had a lovely surprise visit of DF this past weekend... It was nice to be pampered and squired....

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 12:11:35 AM »

I have  custom built desktop but ti  would be nice to have a small laptop or notebook...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 12:18:02 AM »

TOD:

I love Juano's pico de gallo. Spicy but not overly spicy. Their burritos are excellent and VERY filling.

Paradiso makes an excellent hot sauce and it not overkill on the seasonings.

My mother's macaroni salad.... I am still attempting to get her dressing down.... It is GOOD!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 12:18:45 AM »

Charlie's ice cream in Fargo...

http://charliesicecreamparlour.com/    This place has to be experienced... nuff said!

Jose would even like this place!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 12:23:42 AM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 12:19:27 AM »

Jose, I hope your mother is doing better. I have had you and your family in my thoughts...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 12:25:15 AM »

Charlies even has coconut ice cream...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 12:27:31 AM »

it is quiet tonight...

George

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 12:27:34 AM »

Ooo...coconut ice cream sounds very good! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 12:32:52 AM »

Knoephla soup is available locally.... a wonderful German treat....

Also between thanksgiving and christmas Lefse is available. It looks like a giant potato tortilla where you spread it with butter and sprinkle brown sugar on it. Once the treats are on it, you roll it up like a cigar and eat it....

They also use them for local adaptation called "Uff-da Tacos"

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 12:33:32 AM »

Ooo...coconut ice cream sounds very good! :D

If you come and visit, I will take you...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 12:34:32 AM »

Ilike there choco covered strawberry and their mango one.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 12:36:12 AM »

There flavours vary and they have different ones every day or so.

George

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2008, 12:41:53 AM »

That sounds like a great place to eat!  If I ever travel to your part of the country, I'll definitely stop by!

;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 12:44:57 AM »

It is fun to feel like a little kid in there...

Another neat place that I liked on my travels was Judd's Store in ST. George Utah

George

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 12:46:33 AM »

Yesterday, my parents came over to my place and gave me my Christmas present!  It was on sale (half price!!), so they chose to get it and give it to me now...which is fine with me. :) Anyway, they got me a new sleeper-sofa for my downstairs where I normally never spend any time, but I need someplace downstairs where I can sleep when it gets very warm in the summer.  My bedroom is up on my third floor and the heat rises up to where I have no openable window.  Last year, it got up to 93° up there...that I noticed. :P  Anyway, here are some pictures (please pay no attention to the clutter in the background).  Here it is with the little pillows that came with it:

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 12:50:24 AM by George »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 12:47:01 AM »

I am thinking I may have to be a new antenna to get all of my channels. I am still having troubles pulling in the digital channel for the fox channel here. I can only pull in the analog signal, fair at best. The other channels are coming in well.

George

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2008, 12:47:36 AM »

And here's the main reason I bought this particular model...the storage under the seat cushion :D :

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2008, 12:48:08 AM »

Looks nice George....

George

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2008, 12:49:31 AM »

And here it is, laying (lying??) flat:

The cushions are very firm, which is fine for sleeping (I used to have a futon) and hopefully, will make it last a LONG time.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 12:50:22 AM »

Extra storage is always good and it is a good place to stash the pillows and blankets for unexpected guests, etc

George

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2008, 12:51:13 AM »

Extra storage is always good and it is a good place to stash the pillows and blankets for unexpected guests, etc

Exactly!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up