Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: PEAT MOSS AND PETE MOSS  (Read 32036 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: PEAT MOSS AND PETE MOSS
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2008, 12:47:02 PM »

So no one knows anything about a buysoundtrax.com problem with Paypal or anything else?

It just worked; I ordered LAURETTE!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2008, 12:48:58 PM »

So no one knows anything about a buysoundtrax.com problem with Paypal or anything else?

GREAT!  I don't, as a rule, use BuySoundTrax for anything other than their signed-by-the-composer releases.  Thus far, I've been extremely fortunate to have had only good experiences with them whereas many others who buy from them experience significant delays in receiving items purchased...sometimes for as much as up to a year (if the posts I've read at FilmScoreMonthly Messageboard are truthful).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2008, 12:49:03 PM »

Oy, the new door is still being installed.  Of course it's about 1/4" thicker than the old door, so the deadbolt was wonky.  I had him bore a hole to sinkmount the external side of the deadbolt in and that seems to have worked.  I'd like him to be through soon.  (His cellphone's ring is "Carry On, Wayward Son," which I have heard just a few too many times this morning. ;)  ).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2008, 12:50:15 PM »

When Betsy was a news anchor on KEX, I suggested that they change their slogan to "songs you've heard just a few too many times."  They were not amused.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2008, 01:04:19 PM »

Don't even joke about that, isn't it still hunting season? 

Good point - it would be easy to mistake Sherlock for a Dove.

der Brucer

Note to Jane: maybe you should avoid referring to him as Deer Sherlock.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 01:44:10 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2008, 01:13:07 PM »

Posting frenzy continued:  started going through an Agatha Christie boxed set I got to review.  I had seen everything in it with the exception of the "new" Marple (McEwan) version of Body in the Library, so I started with that.  Why in heaven's name do they feel the need to change the original just for the sake of "tarting it up?"  Joanna Lumley was fun, but I was furious with the changes.

This was the "new" Marple that I watched, and I was so dissatisfied with the changes that I have never watched another one. I know the new ones have fans on this site, but I'm not one of them. Of course, my opinion IS based on just one effort, probably not fair, but I just couldn't stomach this new version which I was so used to the Hickson versions.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2008, 01:15:35 PM »

I enjoyed HOW TO STEAL A MILLION, but I think it's too long for what it is. Had they been able to make it fit into a 90-100 minute frame, I think it would have played like gangbusters and been more entertaining.

The film did very well in its initial release, but it seems draggy to me.

Matt H.

« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2008, 01:17:26 PM »

Had a nice lunch and a pretty good drive picking up and dropping off folks. I'm not usually the driver, so I can't complain when I have to do it once in a while.

Matt H.

« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2008, 01:19:33 PM »

When I got in, I watched SUNSET BOULEVARD. I haven't had time to do an A/B comparison yet (when I go back downstairs), but the new one looks very nice if very similar to what I remember the other one looking like.

Matt H.

« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2008, 01:20:37 PM »

Paramount also ported over from the previous 2002 release the audio commentary by Ed Sikov who wrote a biography of Billy Wilder. The commentary is OK, but he runs out of anecdotes long before the picture is over and is reduced to merely describing what we're seeing on the screen or what is to come.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2008, 01:30:47 PM »

(His cellphone's ring is "Carry On, Wayward Son," which I have heard just a few too many times this morning. ;)  ).

You'd prefer an Oscar winner like "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp"?

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2008, 01:48:27 PM »

Posting frenzy continued:  started going through an Agatha Christie boxed set I got to review.  I had seen everything in it with the exception of the "new" Marple (McEwan) version of Body in the Library, so I started with that.  Why in heaven's name do they feel the need to change the original just for the sake of "tarting it up?"  Joanna Lumley was fun, but I was furious with the changes.

This was the "new" Marple that I watched, and I was so dissatisfied with the changes that I have never watched another one. I know the new ones have fans on this site, but I'm not one of them. Of course, my opinion IS based on just one effort, probably not fair, but I just couldn't stomach this new version which I was so used to the Hickson versions.

The way I see it, we have the Hickson in 4:3, and the McEwan is beautifully presented at 16:9 anamorphic with gorgeous production values and sharp photography.  Since the story IS so familiar, it's nice to look at a different perspective.  Ultimately, it all works out in the end.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2008, 01:52:48 PM »

Must get down to writing now, so will jump off-line.

WBBL.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2008, 01:55:02 PM »

Is your objection mainly to the story-doctoring, or do you not like McEwan's portrayal.

der Brucer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2008, 02:24:19 PM »

I'm having such a problem getting the plaque done for my DMIL.  We filled out the information on August 22nd.  After a long wait & multiple phone calls we received the sample to approve the plaque.  We couldn't approve it because it didn't match Keith's father's plaque, which it should have.  Now I'm pressing them to get this taken care of before Thanksgiving.

JMK

« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2008, 02:30:47 PM »

I'm having such a problem getting the plaque done for my DMIL.  We filled out the information on August 22nd.  After a long wait & multiple phone calls we received the sample to approve the plaque.  We couldn't approve it because it didn't match Keith's father's plaque, which it should have.  Now I'm pressing them to get this taken care of before Thanksgiving.

We went through hell to get my Mother's name properly added to my father's military gravestone (that's how they do it in military cemeteries--the spouse is listed on the same gravestone).  It took us three tries (each carved in granite, no less), plus several calls to the semi-lovely Orrin Hatch's office to get it solved.  My mother hated Orrin Hatch, he sat next to her at the dedication of my father's museum and she came back and told me, "If that G-ddamned Orrin Hatch had patted my knee one more time, I would have socked him in the mouth."  There are times I miss my Mother.   ;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2008, 02:38:57 PM »

I am a girl 

I enjoy being a girl.

Now and then.    :)

Like tomorrow?? ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2008, 02:47:30 PM »

Carved in granite first!  It sounds like a nice gravestone.

Ours is a stupid pop-out plaque at an outrageous price.  It hasn't helped the mail from California is so darn slow.  When I first called abut the incorrect sample, the guy handling this at the cemetery took a photo of Dad's so we could compare them.  Unfortunately he couldn't figure out how to email said photo, delaying this process even longer.  I sent a copy of the photo with my changes. 

We all find it too sad to go to the cemetery without the plaque there, sort of silly I suppose.

td

• td
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2008, 03:16:15 PM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ VIBES OF EVERYWHICH KIND FOR DR VIXMOM ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2008, 03:20:53 PM »

We went through hell to...

Might not a heavenly approach worked better?

der Brucer

td

• td
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2008, 03:24:34 PM »

TOD:
TOPKAPI
HOW TO STEAL A MILLION
THE STING
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2008, 03:32:14 PM »

TOD:  I always enjoyed "The Pink Panther".

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2008, 03:35:17 PM »

I liked KALEIDOSCOPE too.....saw it on a cable channel and it was much better than I expected it to be.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2008, 03:41:53 PM »

An email with the corrections arrived.  That was fast, wish they did it my email in the first place.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2008, 03:42:57 PM »

Thank you for the VIBES and the prayers and the love --- all very much appreciated!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2008, 03:43:33 PM »

JMK - congratulations on the "find"!!

Jane

« Reply #146 on: October 30, 2008, 03:43:39 PM »

This morning Keith went to a podiatrist & got a cortisone shot in his foot-ouch.  It appears he has plantar fasciitis.  It should last about 12 weeks (he waited a month to see the podiatrist).  He is back to using cold packs, has stretches to do, & it is taped for 10 days.  If it doesn’t improve he will go for physical therapy.

I hiked while Keith was getting injected, then we met at the pharmacy to get our flu shots, I then shopped while he came home to continue working on the mover, in a dust bowl, picking up leaves.  He has been doing this almost non-stop for a week now. :(

vixmom

« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2008, 03:44:30 PM »

and for your sake I hope hilarity and wackiness do not ensue in the wake of the door installation!

Jane

« Reply #148 on: October 30, 2008, 03:44:33 PM »

DR Vixmom, you are lucky to have doctor's follow up on your care instead of leaving it up to you :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: October 30, 2008, 03:46:46 PM »

GREAT!  I don't, as a rule, use BuySoundTrax for anything other than their signed-by-the-composer releases.  Thus far, I've been extremely fortunate to have had only good experiences with them whereas many others who buy from them experience significant delays in receiving items purchased...sometimes for as much as up to a year (if the posts I've read at FilmScoreMonthly Messageboard are truthful).

Thanks for the information, though. I haven't ordered from them before so I was surprised by the Paypal glitch ysterday. Today there was no problem at all. Go figure.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up