Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: IN LIVING COLOR  (Read 18920 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: IN LIVING COLOR
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2008, 01:54:26 PM »

I just read about the cancellations of MY OWN WORST ENEMY and LIPSTICK JUNGLE, both of which I had been expecting. I also read that PUSHING DAISIES is likely not to picked up after its initial 13 episodes of this season are completed. NBC has not said what will be aired in their timeslots. I'm assuming MEDIUM will go back to Monday at 10, but maybe not until January.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2008, 01:55:35 PM »

Page Six Dance!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2008, 01:56:08 PM »

Actually, Patrick's police co-horts on THE MENTALIST are questioning him less and less and depending on him more and more which I was very delighted to see in this week's episode. At this point, he does seem al most too good to be true, but I suspect as the show evolves, we'll see more warts.

At the start of the show, though, he postulated a theory that a co-worker pooh-poohed...and the 35-cent bet was on.  It was a cute start to the show.  We'll see what develops.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2008, 01:56:44 PM »

I have some writing to do, and then I'll head down to finish THE ODD COUPLE.

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2008, 01:57:34 PM »

Actually, Patrick's police co-horts on THE MENTALIST are questioning him less and less and depending on him more and more which I was very delighted to see in this week's episode. At this point, he does seem al most too good to be true, but I suspect as the show evolves, we'll see more warts.

At the start of the show, though, he postulated a theory that a co-worker pooh-poohed...and the 35-cent bet was on.  It was a cute start to the show.  We'll see what develops.

While true, later on in the show, they asked what book to look in and he told them. Correctly.

Matt H.

« Reply #155 on: November 13, 2008, 01:58:21 PM »

Spoo!

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2008, 02:13:20 PM »

AH!  I finally found the site/article regarding the recommended Facebook privacy settings I came across a while back...  For those interested and concerned DRs...

Sophos recommended privacy settings for Facebook
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #157 on: November 13, 2008, 02:17:50 PM »

AH!  I finally found the site/article regarding the recommended Facebook privacy settings I came across a while back...  For those interested and concerned DRs...

Sophos recommended privacy settings for Facebook

Dang!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: November 13, 2008, 02:48:01 PM »

I finished doing the Nudie work, then went to pick up a package and ship four packages, then to Gelson's for some chicken tenders, and now I'm back.  I think other than a few telephonic calls I'll be done for the day.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #159 on: November 13, 2008, 03:07:23 PM »

Toby, holding the monkey from DR Laura and DR Sandra.  I swear he's waving to us in the first one. 

He's so cute!!  And so is the monkey! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #160 on: November 13, 2008, 03:07:47 PM »

TOTD
You're just In Love
Always
Now It Can Be Told
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #161 on: November 13, 2008, 03:09:07 PM »

Is it chilly out?

der Brucer

I'm going to miss FOR BETTER OR WORSE.  I feel like I've lived next door to that family for years.

I still have memories of the flood/river rescue etc with Farley.  Never has a comic strip touched me as much.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #162 on: November 13, 2008, 03:10:28 PM »

Birthday greetings to Richard.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #163 on: November 13, 2008, 03:14:17 PM »

I was totally clueless about what the Annette tin would be all about.  I thought it would be a series of vignettes from several years of "The Mickey Mouse Club", plus songs, etc.

Turns out it's a 20-episode series about Annette moving in with an aunt and uncle!  You could've knocked me over with a feather.

I have no memory of that series.

Annette would say "Don't Jump To Conclusions".

I remember the series very well indeed.  But then I am nearly as old as DR Elmore!  Of course that old fisherman guy from Titicaca of wherever in the Pacific North West no doubt would have a comment or two - if his minders let him on line.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #164 on: November 13, 2008, 03:18:42 PM »

I was totally clueless about what the Annette tin would be all about.  I thought it would be a series of vignettes from several years of "The Mickey Mouse Club", plus songs, etc.

Turns out it's a 20-episode series about Annette moving in with an aunt and uncle!  You could've knocked me over with a feather.

I have no memory of that series.

Darlene was a real bitch to her in that.

Not Darlene. Roberta Shore.

And I believe Roberta was given much credit by Annette for helping her cope with the demands of "acting".  That is a Shaggy Dog story.
James Thurber 1957

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #165 on: November 13, 2008, 03:29:36 PM »

I also got the last DR. SYN at my Best Buy today, in a VERY badly damaged tin, which I'm trying not to obsess too much over.  I am wondering why a supposed 1.66:1 enhanced image is filling my screen though--usually there's just a bit of room on the sides with those.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2008, 03:32:11 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - The only Facebook Apps and Requests that I summarily Block are the ones that center around "Am I Hot?/Are You Hot?/Does S/He Like You?/Do You Like Her/Him?", as well as the ones that require one to "Invite" more Friends to participate in the Application before you can see the "result".   Facebook actually did crack down on those latter type of Apps a couple of months ago, since the developers were intentionally trying to be "viral", but there are still a couple of them out there.

Otherwise, if I think I'm going to have fun, enjoy a Quiz, Test, Game, etc., then I'll give it a try.

However, one thing that was stressed early on in Facebook's existence - which goes back a number of years, waaaay before the "new Facebook" was even a factor, is that Facebook is a means of keeping in touch with friends and acquaintances, both old and new.  It is a social networking tool.  It is supposed to be fun.  It is not an obligation.

So far I haven't had any of that sort to block, not that I noticed anyway.  Then you can block certain kinds of applications & keep others?  Yes or no is fine as I won't be exploring this right now :)

Jane

« Reply #167 on: November 13, 2008, 03:38:00 PM »

Regarding The Mentalist...I think the questioning is done in a positive manner, not negative.  They find him interesting.  And I liked the knowing smirk of Teresa's when she handed him the money to gamble with.  She knew :)

Jane

« Reply #168 on: November 13, 2008, 03:42:38 PM »

DS Toby & the monkey are tooo cute!  I like the cushion he is on.  What is that resting on top of?

Jennifer

« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2008, 03:49:34 PM »

re: the mentalist

I also thought THE MENTALIST had its best-yet episode. As I mentioned the other day, no wonder it got the highest rating in its history. I think people are really digging the show and are enchanted with the title character. NCIS also reached an all-time high on Tuesday night.

I find the show a bit "lite" as a detective show.  Patrick Jane often seems just "too clever" and "too good" to be believed.  The lead actor is thoroughly charming as "the Mentalist", but I'm not wholly satisfied with the show's facile piecing together of Mr. Jane's too-easily-solved solutions to crimes.  And it's going to get very old each week having his co-workers question his judgement/challenge his expertise/etc., even though he's accurate week after week.  Shades of the DA in "Medium" questioning Allison's ability to see things.  As light entertainment, it's very watchable, but I wouldn't miss it if something better came on at the same time.

I did not watch this week's episode yet. But i can see where you are both coming from.

I've really enjoyed the show thus far. But a lot of it is due to the extreme appeal of the lead.

I don't necessarily think the cases have been that fantastic. And to me it sort of makes sense why his peers might question him (vs Alison on Medium). It's never really explained how he solves the things he does on Mentalist.

It's not like he's really a psychic. On Medium we know what she can do. Here he is good. But he's admitted he's not a psychic. So he's mostly just guessing and observing. And he surely could be wrong at any time.

Jane

« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2008, 03:50:05 PM »

[/quote]
I've enjoyed a number of the legitimate (i.e., non-fee-involved) challenges that pop up...primarily at the invitation of others.  And I've enjoyed exchanging plants and creatures with folks.  Bottom line, though, is that one cannot save any portion of a rain forest unless one sends out plants or creatures.  If this is resented, then private communiques should be issued and cease/desist requests should be made.

Frankly, I've got a string of folks on my friends list who requested to be friends who've said diddly to me and have generally resisted various forms of communication.

To that I say, "What the hell!"???
[/quote]

I doubt many people resent the use of the Facebook extras. They may not get it or not be interested, but I wouldn't use the word resentful.

I know a number of people who sign up to just to find out what Facebook is all about, or because they are looking for someone.  They aren't interested in the rest of it.  I'm completely surprised I have been having so much fun with it.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2008, 03:50:29 PM »

DS Toby & the monkey are tooo cute!  I like the cushion he is on.  What is that resting on top of?

Jane - The whole thing is a baby seat, called a By Your Side seat, I think.  It puts the baby up higher than most baby bouncy seats, and also keeps him away from the cooler floor area.  I keep it in the kitchen so he has a place to watch me cook and clean up.  It works well. 

Jennifer

« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2008, 03:51:39 PM »

Very good premiere of TOP CHEF!

Yes, it was.  -And, as I mentioned last night, it was also fun following the live "tweets" from Andrew and Spike from season 4.  Actually, I think it was just Spike since Andrew was still working.  However, Spike did give out Andrew's phone number so that people could call him.  ;)

Can you specify what you're talking about here and which post from last night??

DR Jennifer - Bravo used Twitter.com to provide real-time commentary from Spike (and Andrew).

If you have an account with Twitter, you can find the comment feed - the "tweets" - at http://twitter.com/bravotopchef/

Here's a sample from last night's tweets:

-i'm going to get her Cooking for Dummies.
-passion passion, here we go with the passion.
-thank you JG. thank you!
-I am the MOST passionate
-who wins points for passion. please.

etc., etc., etc.

You're restricted to a length of 140 characters per "tweet", so that's why the entries are so short.  It's "micro-blogging".

*And if you don't have a Twitter account, you can just register one, and not actively Tweet, and just "Follow" the feeds.

I've never heard of twitter. Thanks for the info. Although i think the short nature of the posts would drive me crazy.

JMK

« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2008, 03:54:07 PM »

Breaking news--Criterion is having a 40% off sale through November 23, so that would probably be the best place to stock up on those titles.  No code needed, and shipping is free if you get over $50 (2-3 discs).

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2008, 03:55:02 PM »

[/quote]

I did not watch this week's episode yet. But i can see where you are both coming from.

I've really enjoyed the show thus far. But a lot of it is due to the extreme appeal of the lead.

I don't necessarily think the cases have been that fantastic. And to me it sort of makes sense why his peers might question him (vs Alison on Medium). It's never really explained how he solves the things he does on Mentalist.

It's not like he's really a psychic. On Medium we know what she can do. Here he is good. But he's admitted he's not a psychic. So he's mostly just guessing and observing. And he surely could be wrong at any time.
[/quote]

I have a sneaky suspicion he really is a psychic who is pretending to be a fake. :)

The show has been a bit on the light side & I hope the scripts on the show continue to improve.

Jane

« Reply #175 on: November 13, 2008, 03:56:40 PM »

Jane - The whole thing is a baby seat, called a By Your Side seat, I think.  It puts the baby up higher than most baby bouncy seats, and also keeps him away from the cooler floor area.  I keep it in the kitchen so he has a place to watch me cook and clean up.  It works well. 

Thanks DR Ann.  It is very nice, & those seem to be DS Toby's colors.

Jennifer

« Reply #176 on: November 13, 2008, 03:56:42 PM »

Tonight SURVIVOR. Yeah!

JMK

« Reply #177 on: November 13, 2008, 03:58:39 PM »

Not sure if MattH has already reported this, but in other breaking Criterion news, the street dates for the new Criterion Blu-rays have all been postponed.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #178 on: November 13, 2008, 04:20:34 PM »

Breaking news--Criterion is having a 40% off sale through November 23, so that would probably be the best place to stock up on those titles.  No code needed, and shipping is free if you get over $50 (2-3 discs).

When will they acknowledge this on the site?  Or, is there a link you can provide?

MBarnum

« Reply #179 on: November 13, 2008, 04:48:40 PM »

I now have ordered M SQUAD, the entire series (1957 to 1960) from DeepDiscountDVD using the 25% sale.

They are temporarily out of stock, but oh well. I wouldn't have time to watch it anytime soon, anyhow and I could not beat the price.

(althought I did get through all of Adam-12 season 2 in one week).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up