Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: RAISE A RUCKUS  (Read 21112 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: RAISE A RUCKUS
« Reply #240 on: December 07, 2008, 09:02:49 PM »

Oregon looked beautiful in the TAR finale.  Despite the idiot frats.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #241 on: December 07, 2008, 09:04:44 PM »

Today, we had another great show. ;D We have more people in today's audience than in last night's, but both were good audiences.  Now, we have three days off, but on Tuesday, I'm going to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers in Seattle. :)

The movie which is great or the stage version which is not.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Cillaliz

« Reply #242 on: December 07, 2008, 09:05:20 PM »

I must get some sleep, then I have a busy morning, so let me say right now....Happy Birthday Eve BK!!  I'll send you appropriate wishes whenever I can get to a computer tomorrow

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #243 on: December 07, 2008, 09:05:35 PM »

TNT's LEVERAGE is definitely a keeper; a Mission Impossible scenario with a very attractive cast, nice writing, good filming and super editing.

der Brucer

Cool.  Thanks for the info.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #244 on: December 07, 2008, 09:08:15 PM »

Today, we had another great show. ;D We have more people in today's audience than in last night's, but both were good audiences.  Now, we have three days off, but on Tuesday, I'm going to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers in Seattle. :)

The movie which is great or the stage version which is not.

der Brucer

The stage version at the 5th Avenue.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Kerry

« Reply #245 on: December 07, 2008, 09:09:05 PM »

I want you all to be careful out there.  We need to stick together and realize what a great thing we have here.  Ok, perhaps a little sentimental, but where else I can find a group as wonderful as you?  As us, I should say.   Who is better than us?
I like boat races.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #246 on: December 07, 2008, 09:13:50 PM »

Despite the idiot frats.  :)

Who, of all the finalists, looked most like Portlanders ;D

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #247 on: December 07, 2008, 09:52:29 PM »

Good Evening!

A friend of mine happened to catch me online earlier, and wanted to know if I had had dinner yet, and since I hadn't, well...  He had just gotten back from a family vacation - his parents' 50th(!) wedding anniversary - down in Walt Disney World, and didn't have any food in his place, and I was more than happy to accompany him to a great little diner uptown.

While we walked to the diner, we happened to see - well, hear - a man get struck by a livery cab.  Thankfully, there were some other witnesses closer to the scene, and once we were sure they were making the requisite calls to the police, we continued walking.  About two blocks away, we saw a police cruiser and were about to go tell them that there was an accident, but then a bicycle delivery man rode up and told them.  I hope the man who was hit is OK.

Dinner was very good, and we had a great time catching up.  And our waiter was also a hoot.  A bit aloof and distant at times, but he "walked the walk, and talked the talk". ;)

Then on the way back from the diner, we happened to see a man get caught off guard by a big gust of wind.  He ended up falling into one of the metal garbage cans that are set up on the street corners.  Thankfully, he had a friend walking with him, and he was also able to use the lamp post to help re-steady himself.

Stay warm.  Stay safe.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #248 on: December 07, 2008, 09:53:03 PM »

And Congratulations to the winners of "The Amazing Race"!!!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #249 on: December 07, 2008, 09:55:26 PM »

Disney World is in Florida; Disney Land is in California.    :)

Actually... "Walt Disney World" is in Florida.  "Disneyland" is in California.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #250 on: December 07, 2008, 09:57:31 PM »

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Average Price of Gasoline Reaches Lowest Level in Nearly 5 Years

Sunday, December 07, 2008

CAMARILLO, Calif. —  The average price of U.S. gasoline fell 22 cents a gallon during the past two weeks, bringing it to its lowest level in nearly five years, according to a national survey released Sunday.
The average price of regular gasoline Friday was $1.75 a gallon, oil industry analyst Trilby Lundberg said. The price of mid-grade was $1.90 a gallon and the price of premium was $2.02 a gallon.

Anf not a single thank you from BK to the Oil Companies.

der Brucer

And I'm wondering if the reports and speculations that gas could get back down in the $1.00/gallon range within the first six months of 2009 will come true.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #251 on: December 07, 2008, 09:58:11 PM »

Welcome back, DR td!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #252 on: December 07, 2008, 10:00:28 PM »

Oh, I'm sure you know why this is happening - as I said months ago, the oil companies are scared shitless of Obama and what he might do - they are doing this in quite a calculated manner. 

Nope - no cause and effect at all. The retail price is simply following the price of crude, which is not under control of the Oil Companies. In fact, Obama has already backed off the idea of a windfall profits tax for the oil companies, so they have nothing at all to fear.

der Brucer

Uh huh.  Sure.  'Fraid not.  There are none so blind as those who will not see.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2008, 10:01:39 PM »

Finished watching White Christmas - very interesting after seeing the stage show - more about that in the notes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #254 on: December 07, 2008, 10:02:32 PM »

Just nosing around the Internet - not much interesting going on.  Sounds like it's drizzling outside.  If it's raining in the morning then no jog for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #255 on: December 07, 2008, 10:04:31 PM »

I looked up calories for clam chowder and surprisingly a bowl of it isn't nearly as bad as I though, and a cup is quite reasonable.  Lots of fat grams, though, but calorie-wise, not terrible.  Still, I think I've already decided to do the Louis with both Louis dressing and red sauce, and the garlic cheese bread.  Okay, MAYBE a CUP of clam chowder, but then there might be dessert, so maybe not.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #256 on: December 07, 2008, 10:15:36 PM »

I looked up calories for clam chowder and surprisingly a bowl of it isn't nearly as bad as I though, and a cup is quite reasonable.  Lots of fat grams, though, but calorie-wise, not terrible.  Still, I think I've already decided to do the Louis with both Louis dressing and red sauce, and the garlic cheese bread.  Okay, MAYBE a CUP of clam chowder, but then there might be dessert, so maybe not.

Of course, that's presuming that the websites you've been checking out have the caloric information for the Clam Chowder that they serve at the Smoke House.  Anyhoo...

Just order a cup.  Have a couple of spoonfuls, then push it aside.  Or have someone else at your table take it from you. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2008, 10:22:10 PM »

Well, I'm sleepy, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: December 07, 2008, 10:24:02 PM »

I'll try to be good, but I suppose if it's my one big splurge of the last six months it'll be okay.  Of course, the next day I'm going to Langer's for pastrami, but I've never gained weight having a pastrami sandwich and one latke.  Of course, Wednesday and Thursday I'm going to Hugo's, but Papa's Eggs is very lowcal, so that's good.  After Thursday, I'll do Subway for a couple of days and that should put everything right, presuming anything goes wrong.  I do find that if I do the four miles, anything's fair game, food-wise.

MBarnum

« Reply #259 on: December 07, 2008, 11:04:06 PM »

TAR in Portland was fun! It was great to see the contestants pass by locations downtown that I see all the time!

And it is interesting how everything seems to happen so fast...but really, it is quite a long drive from Newburg to The Bridge of the Gods...at least an hours drive, I would think.

MBarnum

« Reply #260 on: December 07, 2008, 11:04:33 PM »

I saw A CHRISTMAS STORY once. That is all.

MBarnum

« Reply #261 on: December 07, 2008, 11:06:28 PM »

I met the dad of one of the kids from A CHRISTMAS STORY last time I was in Los Angeles. Or was it a kid from THE GOONIES? I don't know...the dad was a total jerk. BK knows who I mean.

MBarnum

« Reply #262 on: December 07, 2008, 11:07:35 PM »

DR Tomovoz, thanks for the awesome Australian bird calendar!

My supervisor stole it from me as soon as she saw it. I presume it will be returned on Monday.

MBarnum

« Reply #263 on: December 07, 2008, 11:08:14 PM »

Vixmom, I will be thinking good thoughts of you this week! Take care!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up