Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: LIKE THE ICEMAN, 2009 COMETH  (Read 17191 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: LIKE THE ICEMAN, 2009 COMETH
« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2008, 05:49:38 PM »

Well, I was planning on seeing another movie or two this afternoon, but since the sun is out, the sky is blue, and the air is crisp, I think I'm just going to forego more "inside" time for now, and just see where the day - and my feet - take me.

And was it awfully cold at the reservoir, Jose?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2008, 05:55:43 PM »

Well tomorrow is the big day.  I will unpack the saws, set them up in the garage, clean out "the room" downstairs, lay the moisture barrier (actually a sheet of plastic) and put in the floor.  Tomorrow is going to be in the 40s so it will be fairly warm in the garage and I can cut the laminate out there.   After tomorrow, it's going to get cold for the foreseeable future, so ....

I'm a little nervous about this...but I'm also very excited

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: December 12, 2008, 05:58:13 PM »

I went to Linens and Things tonight. they are only going to be open for 9 more days.  Deals weren't as great as I'd hoped, but I got some good deals

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: December 12, 2008, 06:04:12 PM »

Van Johnson - R.I.P

ASSOCIATED PRESS

der Brucer

R.I.P indeed.

I got the chance to see Van Johnson opposite George Hearn in LA CAGE.  He was simply delightful.
“One thing’s universal,

Michael

« Reply #154 on: December 12, 2008, 06:06:15 PM »

To Vixmom and family:

Extreme good health vibes and everything to be GGP
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #155 on: December 12, 2008, 06:06:52 PM »

DR LAURA - Good to see you are back!  Hope everything is ok...

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #156 on: December 12, 2008, 06:08:54 PM »

Any of you Mac people - for the last couple days I've been hearing the fan constantly - not on high, but on low, something I've never heard before or at least been aware of hearing.  The computer also seems to be running hot - I put my hand under it and the battery is pretty damn hot, and I don't think that's usual.  When I called Apple they said they couldn't really do anything about that over the phone, that I'd have to bring it in to an Apple store.  Has anyone else had this prob?

I've heard the fan a couple of times over the past 2-3 months, but then it goes away.

Maybe your Mac needs cleaning,  dust wise.  I had that done and I haven't heard the fan since.  Fingers crossed.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #157 on: December 12, 2008, 06:09:22 PM »

Well tomorrow is the big day.  I will unpack the saws, set them up in the garage, clean out "the room" downstairs, lay the moisture barrier (actually a sheet of plastic) and put in the floor.  Tomorrow is going to be in the 40s so it will be fairly warm in the garage and I can cut the laminate out there.   After tomorrow, it's going to get cold for the foreseeable future, so ....

GOOD LUCK!  I hope you are very pleased with the results.  I'll be watching for a photo.

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: December 12, 2008, 06:11:43 PM »

GOOD LUCK!  I hope you are very pleased with the results.  I'll be watching for a photo.

Thanks!  I will take photos when I get it all done. I'm not totally sure I picked the right flooring, but I'm sure it will look fine.  Just a little last minute uncertainty...I hope.

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2008, 06:13:56 PM »

Think I'll go to the grocery store. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2008, 06:14:32 PM »

Perhaps tonight will be the night to watch DOSTI: FRIENDS FOREVER, DR Matth!

I just know you will love that hunky, hairy Akshay Kumar!

Mike, when you list one of your favorite Indian actors, do you know the spelling, or do you have to look them up?

(I had to look up the spelling of Van Johnson)
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #161 on: December 12, 2008, 06:18:24 PM »

Good grief!  How old is Josh?

I think he's in his mid-to-late 20s.  I'm pretty sure that he's not yet 30.

Poor guy, he must feel like he is doing a show at The Home.  Of course, Maria is young, but the rest of that cast!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #162 on: December 12, 2008, 06:24:18 PM »

Thanks!  I will take photos when I get it all done. I'm not totally sure I picked the right flooring, but I'm sure it will look fine.  Just a little last minute uncertainty...I hope.

I know that feeling.  Once you start are you committed or can you pull it out & get something else.  I've done that with wallpaper & paint, never a floor.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: December 12, 2008, 06:25:50 PM »

T.O.D.

CD - I believe Bernard Herrmann has moved in to my CD player full-time.

DVD - Still haven't watched WHITE CHRISTMAS
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #164 on: December 12, 2008, 06:28:13 PM »

Perhaps tonight will be the night to watch DOSTI: FRIENDS FOREVER, DR Matth!

I just know you will love that hunky, hairy Akshay Kumar!

Mike, when you list one of your favorite Indian actors, do you know the spelling, or do you have to look them up?

(I had to look up the spelling of Van Johnson)

For my favorites I know the spelling...although there is no set transliteration between Hindi devangari alphabet and English, so some names you will see in a variety of ways...for instance, Dharmendra will at times be spelled out as Dharminder and Jeetendra will sometimes be seen as Jitendra.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2008, 06:31:27 PM »

Folks, Oldies.com is having an AMAZING sale...some of the discounts are up to 92%.

I just bought a slew of those Midnight Movie pairings for $4.98 and $5.98 each, plus the 3-CD Collector's Edition of the Miriam Collection release of "The Fall of the Roman Empire" (retail: $39.95) for $4.98.

Oldies.com...sometimes incredible deals are out there!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2008, 06:43:13 PM »

Folks, Oldies.com is having an AMAZING sale...some of the discounts are up to 92%.

I just bought a slew of those Midnight Movie pairings for $4.98 and $5.98 each, plus the 3-CD Collector's Edition of the Miriam Collection release of "The Fall of the Roman Empire" (retail: $39.95) for $4.98.

Oldies.com...sometimes incredible deals are out there!!!

I hope you picked up THE BOY AND THE PIRATE with a certain former HHW poster.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2008, 06:54:46 PM »

And what a tough decision..... THE FANTASTICKS for $4.98 or MAN OF LA MANCHA for $5.98.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2008, 07:05:43 PM »

Vibes for DR Kerry. ~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2008, 07:06:10 PM »

DR Vixter we are all here for you to vent. Vibes for you and DR Vixmom. ~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #170 on: December 12, 2008, 07:08:09 PM »

re: last night's SURVIVOR and a comment from DR RonP

fdafdoiufaodsa ufoisufop uiaoiufdouaipsfasoipufosaiufdosaiu ofpu fjdsfjdlsafjldsajjl
fjsafu pdsufopdsufopdsauff dsfmldsfjdfjkdfjkdfjdufafudsaf doisaufoidusfopusaopuo
I know it was sugar's idea to vote out crystal. But i don't actually think that bob would have gone along with it if they were voting out kenny. He told kenny that he would give him the idol if he thought he was going. And since bob knew kenny was not going he did not give him the necklace. Even though kenny turned on bob, i really don't think bob would have written down kenny's name.
ufaudoa uf987af987a9f79dasf79a7f d9sa07f 9a8s7f 90sa7f sa9saf98a7f98779jjjjjjj
fosafudsoauf opdsaufoisaufsfjfldamsfl masfm.m.mc.mc.flieuoerueorueorueoruou ou

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2008, 07:08:18 PM »

Spent a lot of time on the phone with a helpful Apple Care person.  She had me do several things, including permissions repair and disk repair, as well as run a diagnostic, which takes over an hour and which I'm currently doing.  We also pulled the battery and did a reset, so hopefully all that will help.  She also told me how to tell if some software program is running erratically and at too high a CPU percentage, so I'll check that later.  I'm on laptop II right now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: December 12, 2008, 07:16:19 PM »

Back on my regular computer - fan is not running, so maybe we fixed it with the permissions and/or disk repair or maybe the reset.  Looked at the CPU thing and everything seems to be running okay, although I may call back in the morning and let them talk me through that, to make sure I'm looking at the right things.  The diagnostic found no problems, so that's good.

Jane

« Reply #173 on: December 12, 2008, 07:17:03 PM »

'night

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2008, 08:00:50 PM »

I began my evening entertainment by finishing WHITE CHRISTMAS. I had gotten through Rosie's "Love, You Didn't Do Right By Me," and so there wasn't that much more to go. Always a joy to see it again, but I'd enjoy it even more with a fresh, new Vistavision transfer on Blu-ray. That would absolutely make my day!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2008, 08:03:44 PM »

Chris and I saw AVENUE Q this evening; we couldn't decide on a film so we met at TKTS and got half price tickets. Neither of us had seen it, although I had really wanted to go when my friend Ann Harada was still with the original cast. Suddenly Ann was off to other things and I never got to it. We both had a great time.

And now to bed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2008, 08:04:09 PM »

Next, I watched THE BELLS OF ST. MARY'S. I love this film, and it was nice to see it again, the first time upconverted, I believe. Though this transfer is several years old, it mostly looked very good. I was pleased overall with its quality.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2008, 08:06:55 PM »

Next I finally got around to the last Bette Davis film in the latest Warner set of her films - IN THIS OUR LIFE. It's not a very good film, and Bette is not very good in it; very mannered amid a sea of naturalistic actors which makes her overemoting and clipped delivery even more false. It's probably my least favorite performance of hers while at Warners, at least during her star years.

The transfer was acceptable: grainier than I was expecting and some scratches on and off through the movie. Still, it looked OK.

Matt H.

« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2008, 08:08:13 PM »

I guess tomorrow I'll work on GHOST TOWN. I like Ricky Gervais, so I'm hoping this will be a good time. After the disappointment of THE WOMEN, I'd love to see a really good, very droll comedy. Hopefully, this will fill the bill.

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2008, 08:44:13 PM »

Heading down to bed now.

Good night!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up