Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: LIKE THE ICEMAN, 2009 COMETH  (Read 17186 times)

MBarnum

Re: LIKE THE ICEMAN, 2009 COMETH
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2008, 07:56:00 AM »

Hang in there Vixter, chemo is a tough road and your mom will feel like crap for some time. Your mom is so lucky to have such a caring daughter as yourself. Give her big hugs and remind her that she will feel much better very soon!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2008, 08:04:02 AM »

DVD-wise for this weekend?

The choices are:

GHOST TOWN
THE DUCHESS
EAGLE EYE
TRAITOR
HORTON HEARS A WHO!

We're also probably going to go to a movie, maybe FROST/NIXON or THE READER.
You can dream…or you can do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2008, 08:04:37 AM »

Society is so different today than what it was in 1966, too!  ;)

Where did 1966 come from? I don't get the reference to that year in particular.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2008, 08:06:14 AM »

Good wishes to the Vixmom household. It's a rough road for sure, but she's going to have to feel bad before she can feel better. Good wishes and prayers go to you all.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2008, 08:07:19 AM »

I must now head down to get cleaned up to run my usual Friday errands. I'm stopping off at the post office, too, so I'll be out longer than usual. I'm sure there will be a line there.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2008, 08:07:34 AM »

Spoo!

WBBL.

Kerry

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2008, 08:07:44 AM »

TOD:

Christmas compilation CD's

"A Broadway Christmas"

"Follies in Concert"

Brave Combo's Christmas and Holiday CD's
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 08:09:22 AM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2008, 08:08:45 AM »

Re:  "Survivor"

SPOILERS

Dlkkj fjkl alkj ljj lj;lk jafjfsjk a;lkj ;lg;lkajg;lkj j ag;lkjagl;k asdg;kl jkasg;lkj ag I think, DR Jennifer, that it's what we DON'T see every week that sometimes confuses us when certain things happen.  From past weeks' shows, I do know that Matty thought he was tight with both Kenny and Crystal.  They had an earlier plan to oust "the others", including Bob.  Sugar, also, was approached by Kenny to go "in" with him and Crystal.   She agreed.   I think the most telling moment last night -- and Crystal certainly commented on it during her exit comments after tribal council -- was when Crystal tried to turn things around on Matty and yelled at him as if he'd done something against their alliance.  Sugar saw this and it bothered her deeply.  Matty was very confused and suddenly realized he had no friends in the camp.  Earlier, he had approached Sugar and she let him know his time was up...that she was voting with Kenny and Crystal.  But Crystal's tactics showed Sugar that what Matty had told her about Kenny and Crystal was true -- that only "they" were allied and the rest of them were expendable.

When Sugar went to Matty and told him she suddenly believed what he had told her made Sugar my NUMBER ONE SURVIVOR PLAYER OF ALL TIME.  She's smart, she's sweet, she plays the game, but she's all about being "fair."  Crystal and Kenny avoided telling Matty that he was too big a threat for them not to target him by trying to make him believe he had done something wrong.  That hurt Sugar's soul. 

When she learned they'd changed their minds and decided to target Bob based on Bob's promise to Kenny about giving up the immunity necklace if he won it, she knew it was up to her to take things into her own hands.  Kenny was stupid to have changed the conditions about the necklace.   Bob had promised to simply give it to Kenny, but Kenny decided he wouldn't take it outright...that he'd "play" with Bob as to whether or not he'd ask for it.  To me, that was the warning sign Bob needed.  After Sugar told him not to give the necklace up and to join her in targeting Crystal, I could feel momentum shift dramatically.  When she promised Matty he would NOT be going home that night, I had a passing thought that she might consider giving him her necklace.

I admire her for going to Bob and telling him the truth.  I admire Bob, too.  He's the one person in that camp who might have gone home weeks ago except that Bob is smart, smart, smart and has proved himself capable of keeping up with the younger ones.  It doesn't hurt his case that the immunity challenges have been as much "mental" as they are physical.  In fact, I haven't seen anything that required much endurance from anyone in a long time.

I loved seeing Kenny during tribal in full realization that he was no longer "calling the shots" -- that he and Crystal could NOT go further.  I hope he's smart enough to realize that he has himself to blame.  That "cover story" he was giving Jeff about why he thought he was on the block last night was more true than it was fabricated.  It occurred to me that there could be a 3-3- split of the votes.  When Sugar handed that necklace to Matty, it all fell into place.  You could see the truth of it all in Crystal's and Kenny's eyes, too.  (Final vote was 4-2 against Crystal.  Susie joined Bob, Sugar and Matty.  Interesting!)

My only disappointment is that they didn't get rid of Kenny instead of Crystal.  Kenny "was" the brains behind all that has happened the past four or five weeks.  Crystal is a follower.    Watch out, however, for Susie.  She's way too "invisible" at this point and that's dangerous.

On an "Oh, gross!" note!  Randy continues to be a moron.  This time, his "Mohawk" haircut only serves to make him look like a bigger fool than he's proven himself to be time and again.  Dkfjfjkjklfjklfk j;lkj ;lkajgkj agjk g jka;lkjaskjlaslk jasf;lkjl;jk saf;lkja sdf;lkj a;slkfj;lk jasf;lkjasd;lfkjl kdjf ;lkjdsafljkasdf;lkj ;lasdfj.

End SPOILER
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 08:22:20 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Kerry

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2008, 08:08:48 AM »

A lot of people and pets need good vibes, so use your superpowers, please.

I thank you!
I like boat races.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2008, 08:10:36 AM »

It was nothing more than a personal frame of reference -- in a free association kinda way -- to a more recent time...teens were still being subjected to societal perceptions of the Eisenhower years during which many here were brought up.  Even though the Beatles had recently made major impacts on music and "hair", society was perceived to be a certain way in 1966 (at least by me) and it underwent dramatic changes in the following years.

And it has changed (much for the worse, IMO) since then, too.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 08:40:56 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2008, 08:19:09 AM »

Hey everyone, Vixter here.
I have found out how serious cancer really is yesterday, as mom has been hurling on and off, and it's really rather frightening ( if you read this mom, I'm sorry, it really is) and I 'm getting more then a little freaked out that all she seems to do when I'm in the same room as her is say how I'm too young to have to go through this. I'm sorry, but, I'm not the one with cancer!!!! I'm scared, because it just doesn't seem like it's her, you know? She seems like a totally different person, and this is only the first week of chemo. I'm really worried, and I know you're all supporting her, so it makes a little better, but I don't know what to do, because nothing going to stop the pain that she's in right now. And that's why I'm very sad today.

On the lighter sid eof the news, I just found out this might be the only cool site that hasn't been blocked in my school...oh great, now they're gonna block it. Love you all,
                                                                                             The Vixter

Your mom's comment means she is sorry that you are having to go through this at your age.  She means that she sees herself as the one who should be looking after you.  She doesn't want you to have to look after her.  Not at this stage of your, or her, life.

Cancer is serious business, Vixter.  But it's the treatment that really scares people because it's a means of fighting destructive cells in the body with a treatment that destroys productive cells in the body.   

Let your mom hurl all she needs to.  And don't be scared.  It's a necessary side effect to a treatment meant to get her well. 

If you've ever meditated, I suggest you take some personal time to simply sit and clear your mind.  Still your fears.  You have a support group.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 08:33:46 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2008, 08:30:19 AM »

Hello, everyone.
I just have a couple minutes before I must leave.

Media check:

DVD:  HUSTLE
          MONARCH OF THE GLEN (reluctantly finished the final season)
CD:    iNFERNAL VIOLINS
          SCENT OF MYSTERY

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2008, 08:32:12 AM »

It was nice of you to drop in, DR Jeanne.  We must do this again real soon!   ;)

(Hope the inspection process goes your way).

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2008, 08:33:10 AM »

It was nothing more than a personal frame of reference to a more recent time...teens were still being subjected to societal perceptions of the Eisenhower years during which many here were brought up.  Even though the Beatles had recently made major impacts on music and "hair", society was perceived to be a certain way in 1966 (at least by me) and it underwent dramatic changes in the following years.

I was born in 1966. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2008, 08:33:29 AM »

I'm up.  It's cloudy with patches of blue sky.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2008, 08:34:28 AM »

It was nothing more than a personal frame of reference to a more recent time...teens were still being subjected to societal perceptions of the Eisenhower years during which many here were brought up.  Even though the Beatles had recently made major impacts on music and "hair", society was perceived to be a certain way in 1966 (at least by me) and it underwent dramatic changes in the following years.

I was born in 1966. ;D

And there it is!   Let's blame George!

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2008, 08:34:30 AM »

Friday media check:

CD(car) - audiobook - Anne Rivers Siddons' Off Season, read by Jane Alexander

DVD - my birthday present from Richard - Hail to the Victors: The Greatest Stories of Michigan Football.  Obviously, there's no 2008 fottage.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2008, 08:34:44 AM »

~~~Continued Vibes of Health, Comfort and Support for DR Vixmom!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2008, 08:36:22 AM »

To the Vixter:

Yes, you are quite young to watch your mom go through this. But you will soon learn what a strong person she is. And that will make YOU stronger. You may not know your strength until you yourself are tested, but the lesson will be there, waiting until you need it.

You are a part of our crazy, silly site. Please drop in any time, whether you need a friend or just a silliness break. We will all be rooting for the whole Vixfamily.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2008, 08:36:49 AM »

Mega vibes and xylophones to vixmom, vixter, vixdad - having watched my mother go through chemo, yes sometimes people do seem different or behave differently - but that's a side effect just like the hurling and it will go away.  Hang tight, and know everyone here is here and this is the place to come if you need to vent and need support.  Believe it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2008, 08:38:12 AM »

If I'm to jog I have to be out of here in about twenty-five minutes, hence I may not jog until after three, which is fine with me, actually.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2008, 08:39:22 AM »

I was born in 1966. ;D

You had to rub it in, didn't you???  ;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2008, 08:40:11 AM »

DR Vixter, your post came much sooner than I expected.  I'm sorry the difficult effects have begun so quickly.  DR Ron did an excellent job of explaining what your mother is saying.  I know I would have felt the same way.

I'm glad you have a place to come and express what you are feeling & going through.  I know your mother does too.

George

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2008, 08:40:24 AM »

And Congrats to DR Kerry on his 2000th Post!! ;D

George

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2008, 08:41:23 AM »

I was born in 1966. ;D

You had to rub it in, didn't you???  ;)

Why, yes I did! :-*

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2008, 08:41:33 AM »

Super vibes to Kerry, too.

Gotta scoot.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2008, 08:43:05 AM »

It's Friday, December 12th, and THIS IS MY LAST WORK DAY OF 2008!

George

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2008, 08:43:57 AM »

I was born in 1966. ;D

And there it is!   Let's blame George!

I know I'm not the youngest person (nor the oldest) on this board, but a couple of weeks ago, I found out that I'm the oldest person in the cast of Reefer Madness...by several years!  I've never before been the oldest person for anything that I've ever done! :-\

George

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2008, 08:44:37 AM »

A lot of people and pets need good vibes, so use your superpowers, please.

I thank you!

~~~Superpower Vibes for DR Kerry!!~~~

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2008, 08:45:28 AM »

DR Druxy:  Regarding your comment last night about the "It's a knick-knack, Patty Whack, give the frog a loan.  His old man's a Rolling Stone!"

I agree with you 100%!  It's a groaner, but it always makes me laugh, too.  I think it's the association with the silly song.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up