Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: RODION SHCHEDRIN  (Read 22463 times)

Tomovoz

Re: RODION SHCHEDRIN
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2008, 12:03:43 PM »

Tacoma Cough Balsam?

I'm trying to remember!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2008, 12:04:25 PM »

Tacoma Cry Baby?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2008, 12:05:11 PM »

Maybe it's something that doesn't translate in to Austrian.
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2008, 12:05:13 PM »

I have never seen this link before (maybe you have), but it certainly explains what happens to my computer after I go to bed.

You should try these sleeping arrangements:

der Brucer

Nope, wouldn't work for me.  I would be sweating, the monitor would fall, and I would electrocute myself!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2008, 12:07:30 PM »

Maybe it's something that doesn't translate in to Austrian.

Why aren't you out on the ski slopes for your birthday?
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2008, 12:08:16 PM »

Thank you also to the occasional lurkers from LA LA Land and Toronto who emailed their greetings!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2008, 12:09:05 PM »

at 63 I am very much over the hill and on the slope.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2008, 12:09:43 PM »

and thank you to DR WEL who still reads the notes every day (well someone has to do it)
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2008, 12:10:01 PM »

Oh I wasn't implying anything.   ::)
“One thing’s universal,

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2008, 12:11:48 PM »

It is still snowing in Portland.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2008, 12:14:21 PM »

I am taking up an offering to buy Portland a collective brain to use when natives need to drive in the snow.  The nice thing is, they'll only need to use it once or twice a year, so it should have a good shelf life.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2008, 12:14:25 PM »

Oh I wasn't implying anything.   ::)

another two decades and some major body work and MBarnum will be interested!
James Thurber 1957

JMK

« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2008, 12:15:13 PM »

Our street, for instance, probably has 8-10 abandoned cars just left in the middle of the street because their drivers saw a flake or two of snow and had nervous breakdowns.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2008, 12:16:04 PM »

Oh I wasn't implying anything.   ::)

another two decades and some major body work and MBarnum will be interested!

In your dreams!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2008, 12:16:51 PM »

JMK, please send your snowstorm north to us.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2008, 12:17:28 PM »

Back from the long jog - even though the sun is out, it's really quite chilly and I just don't like jogging in cold air.  But, I did it, and now I shall drive about in my motor car for a little while, after which I shall return with some food and watch some DVDs.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2008, 12:18:24 PM »

DR Der Brucer - Be sure to warn your Son-in-Law that there are lots of mountains - steep grades coupled with some long-winding stretches - during the last two segments of his trip.  I81 through Virginia is also a longer - and hill-ier(!!) - trip than one would think, and it's best to fill-up the gas tank "ahead of schedule" in order to avoid being trapped on top of one of the mountains trying to find an open gas station far off one of the exits.  -And since he'll also have a trailer in tow..

Well, I've gone through the "you can't predict your gas consumption solely based on miles driven" and "there is not a filing station wherever you need one"  lesson at least three times; he thinks 20 miles of highway without roadside service is desolation. To compound the problem, he keeps toying with the idea of skipping the Roanoke layover and continuing the last leg of the trip through the night.

der Brucer

Sometime I'd like to take VA drive as a passanger so I could enjoy the scenery
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 12:23:59 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2008, 12:25:42 PM »

DR Der Brucer - Be sure to warn your Son-in-Law that there are lots of mountains - steep grades coupled with some long-winding stretches - during the last two segments of his trip.  I81 through Virginia is also a longer - and hill-ier(!!) - trip than one would think, and it's best to fill-up the gas tank "ahead of schedule" in order to avoid being trapped on top of one of the mountains trying to find an open gas station far off one of the exits.  -And since he'll also have a trailer in tow..

Well, I've gone through the "you can't predict your gas consumption solely based on miles driven" and "there is not a filing station wherever you need one"  lesson at least three times; he thinks 20 miles of highway without roadside service is desolation. To compound the problem, he keeps toying with the idea of skipping the Roanoke layover and continuing the last leg of the trip through the night.

der Brucer

Sometime I'd like to take VA drive as a passanger so I could enjoy the scenery

I thought Woody was starting to drive again?
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2008, 12:30:12 PM »

I am taking up an offering to buy Portland a collective brain to use when natives need to drive in the snow.  The nice thing is, they'll only need to use it once or twice a year, so it should have a good shelf life.

And will you teach this Portland Brain to dance?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ginny

« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2008, 12:39:24 PM »

I was off decorating the mantle and missed DR Vixmom - continued vibes!!!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2008, 12:47:33 PM »

Good day one and all!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2008, 12:49:16 PM »

WE are experiencing a really nasty storm... Zero visibility... Strong winds and interesting snow drifts!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2008, 12:51:54 PM »

Happy Birthday Tomovoz! I hope you have a wonderful day...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2008, 12:55:08 PM »

Here is alisting of several vids to show the coming of the storm...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kfgo+bilizzard&search_type=&aq=f

There are several vids on this site.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2008, 12:57:04 PM »

Sorry I have been E&T but I have been putting in extra hours at work due to the library being open for 24 hours for Dead week and Finals week.

However, I have today off since the library is closed due to inclement weather....

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2008, 12:57:50 PM »

I'm sorry I missed DR Vixmom.

It is snowing here.

DR Tomovoz, what is the weather in your part of the world.  I hope it has been perfect for your birthday.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2008, 01:00:28 PM »

((((( Laura ))))) Hugs and comfort vibes....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2008, 01:01:05 PM »

(((( Vixmom )))) healing and support vibes to vixmom!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #148 on: December 14, 2008, 01:01:36 PM »

Safe travel vibes to Larry....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2008, 01:07:36 PM »

The windchill right now is 22 degrees below zero and the winds are gusting to 50 mph.  Think I'll stay inside today.  Wonder how Dakota is doing. It's really cold and snowy in Fargo

I am basically drifted in... nice place to be and that is at home... THere is not travel advised up here and the two interstate highways are closed along with several key US highways.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up