Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: 2008 WE HARDLY KNEW YE  (Read 28300 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re: 2008 WE HARDLY KNEW YE
« Reply #150 on: December 29, 2008, 03:45:44 PM »

Borders is safe until at least 2011.  I speak because I know.
Our own Borders patrol!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: December 29, 2008, 04:00:40 PM »

DR Jane - I thought it was the pigs. ;)

I really don't want to remember any of it-lol.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: December 29, 2008, 04:01:54 PM »

We had a cute substitute tenor at church yesterday.  As DR George is wont to say: "Just thought I'd share!"   :)

Okay..................................... then share!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #153 on: December 29, 2008, 04:02:16 PM »

DR DERBRUCER - That means NO pics!!!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #154 on: December 29, 2008, 04:06:32 PM »

I should just accept the fact that when my parents come to NYC, they're here to visit NYC and not me.

*And compound that with the whole bag on the ferry, left/lost Christmas - which I (pitifully) realized would have been my first actual present received this year, well... I went to see another movie...

:-* & hugs.

Did your parents visit NY this often before you moved there? 

Jane

« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2008, 04:07:28 PM »

BEWARE OF BAD LANGUAGE....but this IS funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYxf-e_CfZg

OHH!!!  I haven't seen that one in years!  LOVED IT THEN, LOVE IT NOW!

Thanks for the "reminder" - and the chance to bookmark it!

Apparently, I have misplaced my sense of humor.

;D  I'm glad I stopped before the singing began.  I couldn't get past the voices in the beginning.

Jane

« Reply #156 on: December 29, 2008, 04:08:18 PM »

DR DERBRUCER - That means NO pics!!!

;D

;D ;D Absolutely no photos PLEASE!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: December 29, 2008, 04:09:27 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... Even Uncle Jojo has his limits. The line to get into FAO Schwarz this afternoon: http://twitpic.com/xnj0/

I think my family is inside. :-\

Why?
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #158 on: December 29, 2008, 04:10:43 PM »

Did Jose ever find his keys?

He's looking for his watch now.

Hmm...must be sleep walking again.

MBarnum

« Reply #159 on: December 29, 2008, 04:12:32 PM »

I am getting a lot of DVDr watching done today...now I am on TARZAN'S FIGHT FOR LIFE with Gordon Scott.

Jane

« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2008, 04:23:20 PM »

MBarnum, all this movie watching-you must be on vacation.  Are the offices closed until the New Year?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2008, 04:32:10 PM »

I am on a Universal kick today (maybe due to the Vera West discussion of a few days back) and just watched a cute comedy from 1940 titled LOVE, HONOR AND O' BABY starring Donald Woods and Kathryn Adams.

Up next was the Andrew Sister's 1942 musical GIVE OUT, SISTERS co-starring Grace McDonald and Dan Dailey and the Jiven Jacks and Jills (which included a very young Donald O'Connor).

We know which one Dan Dailey was, but is Donald O'Connor a Jack or a Jill?
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2008, 04:35:18 PM »

TOD

Even though I am a season behind in watching but David Tennant's performance as the Doctor in the Doctor Who series continues to amaze me. The writers have given depth and character and emotion to a character that I felt was lacking in all the incarnations. I am NOT looking forward to his departure and was hoping a healthy pay raise might entice him to stay but that won't happen. :-[

I love(d) David as The Doctor, also.  I haven't heard if they've started searching for a replacement, yet.  Who can fill his shoes??

:)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #163 on: December 29, 2008, 04:46:42 PM »

I figured you could freeze it.

Freezing ruins it.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #164 on: December 29, 2008, 04:50:22 PM »

I'm angry at Gelson's.

>:(

They stopped carrying my margarine [Promise Fat Free] and there's no place else in Los Angeles where it's sold.

:'(

However, I'm told that is IS available in Austin, TX.

:)

So, as far as Gelson's is concerned:

:P

s
Have you requested ordering a case of the margarine?  Sometimes if you are willing to buy a full case they will get it in for you.  I would speak to the manager.

The problem is that ta case won't keep long enough for me to use all of it...and I really don't want to cart what's left to Texas.

The real reason you can't find Promise Fat Free Margarine at Gelsons, or any place else, is because it's no longer being made.

Checking around, it seems that Promise was making an empty promise when it claimed that the product was fat free.  According to an article at Askville by Amazon, while Promise FFM technically did not contain any triglycerides, it was high in monoglycerides and diglycerides, which end up being the same thing once your body gets ahold of them.  For some danged reason, however, the FDS only requires that the triglycerides be called "fat," and any product that only contained the mono- and di- stuff could be called "fat-free" in a loopholey kind of way.  Enough customers complained about the mono- and di-plicity, and the product has been pulled.  However, you can still get Promise Healthy Heart, which is basically the same product with some vitamins added.

Druxy, it's margarine.  Margarine contains fat, whether the manufacturers and the FDA admit it or not.  Do yourself a favor, get the product that tastes best, and just use less of it.

Thanks for the information.  Now I don't feel so bad.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2008, 04:52:26 PM »

I am on a Universal kick today (maybe due to the Vera West discussion of a few days back) and just watched a cute comedy from 1940 titled LOVE, HONOR AND O' BABY starring Donald Woods and Kathryn Adams.

Up next was the Andrew Sister's 1942 musical GIVE OUT, SISTERS co-starring Grace McDonald and Dan Dailey and the Jiven Jacks and Jills (which included a very young Donald O'Connor).

Now for another Universal musical, STRICKLY IN THE GROOVE (1942) starring Mary Healy, Richard Davies, Grace McDonald and Ozzie Nelson.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never heard of any of those pictures.

George

« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2008, 04:54:16 PM »

Druxy, have you heard of Smart Balance?  It's the only kind of spread that my sister and niece will use (my sister's a vegetarian and my niece is vegan).  According to their Nutrition FAQs:

The essence of Smart Balance is its unique (in fact, patented) blend of natural vegetable oils. This blend doesn’t just avoid "bad" things like dietary cholesterol and trans fatty acids. It also works proactively, to provide your diet with the right balance of natural fats: a balance that can help you improve your blood cholesterol ratio. Our signature product, Smart Balance Buttery Spread (Regular and Light) brings this remarkable formula together with delicious buttery flavor and a wonderfully creamy texture.

And it tastes good. :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 04:57:16 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2008, 04:55:12 PM »

Now for another Universal musical, STRICKLY IN THE GROOVE (1942) starring Mary Healy, Richard Davies, Grace McDonald and Ozzie Nelson.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never heard of any of those pictures.

You must remember that the post came from M. Barnum.  You are not expected to have heard of any of his films.
“One thing’s universal,

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2008, 04:56:06 PM »

Druxy, have you heard of Smart Balance?  It's the only kind of spread that my sister and niece will use (my sister's a vegetarian and my niece is vegan).  According to their Nutrition FAQs:

The essence of Smart Balance is its unique (in fact, patented) blend of natural vegetable oils. This blend doesn’t just avoid "bad" things like dietary cholesterol and trans fatty acids. It also works proactively, to provide your diet with the right balance of natural fats: a balance that can help you improve your blood cholesterol ratio. Our signature product, Smart Balance Buttery Spread (Regular and Light) brings this remarkable formula together with delicious buttery flavor and a wonderfully creamy texture.

And it tastes good. :)

I'll try it.  Thanks.

George

« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2008, 04:57:27 PM »

I don't think it's specifically fat-free (and I don't know if there's a fat-free version), but it's better for you than most spreads.

Jane

« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2008, 05:03:48 PM »

I get to keep the Christmas tree up for one more day since we went to Medford & picked up Keith's computer.  It needed a new power supply.  He purchased his computer from Falcon Northwest, a local company (originally located in Ashland).  It makes taking the computer in for service very easy, plus their customer service is top notch.

On the way home we stopped at Baskin Robbins for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2008, 05:04:39 PM »

I have the photo, but I won't post it

Jane

« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2008, 05:05:20 PM »

DR George, do they bake with Smart Balance?  What do you think of it?

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: December 29, 2008, 05:06:43 PM »

DR Jose, I'm sure your family loves seeing you AND New York City. 

Jane

« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2008, 05:06:54 PM »

DR Cilla, I remember trying not to look at anything as we walked down the street & you did have your camera out.  I think we also attempted to keep the Vixter from looking at anything. ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: December 29, 2008, 05:12:40 PM »

That was when I first realized how much it bothers you to see that.   

George

« Reply #176 on: December 29, 2008, 05:23:44 PM »

DR George, do they bake with Smart Balance?  What do you think of it?

Yes, they do.  The light Smart Balance container says not to use it for baking, but the regular Smart Balance can be used for baking.  All are very good.  My sister and niece have been using the different versions for several years and are very happy. :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 05:25:37 PM by George »

George

« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2008, 05:29:26 PM »

I don't think it's specifically fat-free (and I don't know if there's a fat-free version), but it's better for you than most spreads.

I just found this on the Smart Balance website:

What's the difference between Smart Beat® and Smart Balance®?
Smart Beat offers excellent fat free and low fat cheeses, mayonnaise, spreads and squeeze spreads. They're all lactose free and very low in calories. Smart Balance products are focused on using healthy fats to help you improve your cholesterol ratio, while avoiding trans-fatty acids and hydrogenated oils.

So, they do have low-fat/fat-free products.

Jane

« Reply #178 on: December 29, 2008, 05:32:13 PM »

If my parents had let me I would have been a vegetarian from a young age. Yet, when I think of all the "interesting" foods I did eat ::)

It is easier to grow up not eating foods than giving them up later in life.  And way back then I never heard of tofu.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2008, 05:32:50 PM »

Good Evening!

And as my Italian sausages and onions (I've never really been fond of the "peppers" part of "sausage and peppers") are simmering away in the oven...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up