Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PERIOD THAT WENT AWRY  (Read 24515 times)

MBarnum

Re:THE PERIOD THAT WENT AWRY
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2004, 04:38:37 PM »

Sorry, but I can't be at chat this evening.  The closing performance of the Gala is tonight at 7:00 p.m. -- we have a 5:30 p.m. call.  But please, at least have the decency to talk about me.

Oh, not to worry TCB...we ALWAYS talk about you when you aren't around! LOL! ::)

MBarnum

« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2004, 04:40:19 PM »

Ok, I promised myself I would work on some interviews this weekend, but with the wonderful spring like weather I haven't spent much time indoors...but now I shall get started transcribing the 2 1/2 hour tape of my Kenny Miller tape! He was a good talker! And the stories he had to tell! Who knew such things went on in Hollywood in the 1950s!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2004, 04:45:47 PM »

Chat in a mere one hour and fifteen minutes.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2004, 04:54:53 PM »

I have a question about Chat. I post on a daily basis through Internet Explorer. But when I try to do Chat this way all my letters are ttttrrrriiiiipppplllled (tripled). If I log on to chat through AOL, this doesn't happen. Does anybody have any ideas as to why this is going on and what I can do about it? (It didn't always happen. Just the last few months.)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2004, 05:09:54 PM »

Haven't tried to chat through IE, but it should work the same as AOL.  

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2004, 05:13:54 PM »

There is some weird interaction between AOL 9.0 and IE, as I mentioned earlier.  I'm obviously not enough of a tech-geek to understand it, but it's really annoying.

My sister has suddenly appeared from Alaska, so alas I will miss chat--the first in a long time I was going to be able to attend.  Have fun!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2004, 05:16:00 PM »

Miss Panni doesn't have AOL 9.0 so it can't be that.  Miss Panni has AOL 5.0.

Chat in a mere forty-five minutes.

I'm watching Dragonheart, with a script by our very own Charles Edward Pogue.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2004, 05:25:25 PM »

Time to make dinner, so we'll be eating before Alias comes on.

Der Brucer has been very impatiently waiting for Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts, ever since he bought a jar of chestnuts in Philly.  The recipe I've found calls for blanching the sprouts for about eight minutes, slicing them in half.  Saute some minced shallot in butter, toss in the chestnuts and sprouts, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.  Cook for five minutes to heat through.

That's easy enough.  But what the hell am I supposed to do about the rest of dinner???!!!

Brussels Sprouts and Albino Tollhouse Cookies do not a satisfying meal make.   :-\

And cool it with the Wussburger comments, or I'll spoil Alias for everyone!   :o
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2004, 05:48:31 PM »

Brussels Sprouts and Albino Tollhouse Cookies do not a satisfying meal make.   :-\

I'll have to respectfully disagree, SWW. Sounds delish to me. And chestnuts. Yummmm.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2004, 05:50:49 PM »

DR PANNI you probably thought I was IN Phoenix because the theatre in Indianapolis where I work as called THE PHOENIX...LOL....

DR DinTO - I would LOVE to have the extra TAKE ME OUT Playbill!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2004, 05:52:03 PM »

Just had a sparkling telephone discussion with DR Elmoore about 1950s pin-ups (the male type) and now I must fix some dinner before chat! See you all there!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2004, 05:54:23 PM »

Chat in a mere seven minutes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2004, 05:56:26 PM »

Chat in a mere four minutes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2004, 06:01:06 PM »

Chat is now open.   Be there or be round.  Get thy butt cheeks in there.  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2004, 06:05:42 PM »

Woody, a theater group here in Olympia sells cookies that are white chocolate AND cranberries!  They're one the better selling cookies.  So don't exchange the white morsels with dried cranberries, ADD them together!

I suggested my son make my chocolate chip cookies with white chocolate and dried cherries.  I have yet to have any but he says they are wonderful. :)

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2004, 06:09:06 PM »

:'( I can't access the live chat!  Whenever I click "Live Chat", there's just a box with a red x in it!  :'(
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2004, 06:09:35 PM »

Usually, when you install a new version of AOL, the files are place in a new directory in your Program Files folder. You need to find the old AOL Folder (Probably America On Line 8.0), locate the AOL.exe file and launch it (double click the icon). This should put you into the screen for the old AOL. Open Favorite Places and select the Save/Replace option at the bottom left. Opt to save the file to someplace you can find it later. Then, go back and launch your new AOL. Open the Favorites and again selet the Save/Replace option - now replace with the file you previously saved.

When you are totally confused and frustrated, IM me, tell me how far you got, and I'll step you through it.

I don't even know how to do IMs, oh helpful Der Brucer.  I did open using a version of AOL installed a year ago, but still couldn't get to any websites.  There were no favorite places, and no Save/Replace option, although there was a favorite places icon.  It just didn't list any.

I'm tired and frustrated, jealous that others get to go to chat and I can't.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2004, 06:23:04 PM »

WEL I wasn't able to respond earlier but I have been thinking about you and hope your next visit with Joe is better.

This new lapstop isn't doing much of what is should be doing, so it's going back to the store tomorrow.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2004, 06:27:57 PM »

Jenny, how are you trying to access the site?  Through IE or AOL or what browser?  Also, have you tried "refreshing?"  We need you in chat.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2004, 06:28:04 PM »

Jenny when you get to that page with the red X try refreshing your browser sometimes that works

Or try this link

http://www.haineshisway.com/chat/
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Panni

« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2004, 06:28:40 PM »

Jenny, you still can't get on?

Panni

« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2004, 06:29:51 PM »

Post your name - then hit connect, then wait.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2004, 06:32:21 PM »

Jenny, you shouldn't need a password.  If "Jenny" requires one, use a slightly different screenname.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 06:32:54 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jenny

« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2004, 06:43:37 PM »

Every time I refresh, I get that pesky red "x"!  (Actually, it's more like a lot of small boxes with red "x"s in them and one big box with a blue triangle, a green circle, and a red square in it).  I had this same problem the other day with Sondheim.com's live chat.  Bakalor's sites hate me!  :(
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2004, 07:07:48 PM »

But how are you trying to get in?  What is your browser?  

Chat is still going on strong.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2004, 07:23:10 PM »

Every time I refresh, I get that pesky red "x"!  (Actually, it's more like a lot of small boxes with red "x"s in them and one big box with a blue triangle, a green circle, and a red square in it).  

Jenny, you are not alone.  That's exactly what I get on my own computer.  (Not my wife's - hers won't connect to websites at all.)

I've tried refreshing; I've tried both AOL and Microsoft Internet Explorer...
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Jenny

« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2004, 07:33:29 PM »

I'm on Internet Explorer.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #147 on: March 07, 2004, 07:35:45 PM »

Jenny, you are not alone.  That's exactly what I get on my own computer.  (Not my wife's - hers won't connect to websites at all.)

I've tried refreshing; I've tried both AOL and Microsoft Internet Explorer...

ME TOO! And I am neither an impressionable (albeit precocious) teenager nor an inhabitant of Area 51.
I guess even Techno-Geeks are banned from chat!

der Brucer (sure they are spreding malicious,albeit delicious, tales about the absentees)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2004, 07:40:10 PM »

For when the world has returned:

Here's what happened to SWW for serving less-than moist pork roast:

der Brucer (looks like a rig for a lazy hitch-hiker!)

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2004, 07:43:04 PM »

Good evening!

-From Atlanta... ugh!

Due to a small plane "incident" at the Chattanooga airport this afternoon (something about a plane landing without it's landing gear... no injuries reported - good thing), my flight out to Atlanta was delayed... and delayed.  They were offering shuttle service to Atlanta via bus and van pool, but since that would have been two hours in a van/bus with at least 20 fretting and frustrated passengers, I opted to stick it out and wait for the airport to re-open.  Which it did.  So...

Well, the airports and the airplane then had to play catch up for the outbound and inbound flights that were able to take off and land during the three hours that the airport was technically closed.  Well, to make a long - and most likely uninteresting - story short, my plane left Chattanooga only about 30 minutes after the revised departure time, but once we hit Atlanta airspace, we had to circle the airport due to high winds.  -And let me tell you, those winds were indeed high - and high up in the air; it was truly one of the bumpiest flights I've been on.  My head is actually still recovering - just a little whoozy and headachey.

So, now I'm at the Doubletree at the Atlanta Airport - enjoying the use of the free high-speed internet - and room service!  Oh, and HBO - pretty good "Sopranos" premiere (well, at the last the last half that I was able to watch), and "Curb Your Enthusiasm" had me laughing out loud tonight a few times.  -I'll wait for the West Coasters to get their fill.  And, hopefully, I should be back home in Richmond tomorrow morning by 10:00.  Not too bad.  Hey, sometimes you just have to roll with the punches.

-I guess my "ugh" above should be changed to a "semi-ugh". ;)

DR Jenny -and possibly DR Noel - I get those red X's too sometimes, but they only appear in areas where graphics are supposed to appear.  However, I still get the box that asks for my Username (and Password).  So, as long as your getting the Username box, then just ignore the red X's.

Oh, - I guess I could check to see if the chat is still going on...  Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up