Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: SO FAR, SO GOOD  (Read 33957 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: SO FAR, SO GOOD
« Reply #360 on: January 08, 2009, 08:20:59 PM »

I got four more MATLOCK episodes watched tonight. That means I have eight more to watch to be finished with the set. I should be able to get thowse done tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #361 on: January 08, 2009, 08:21:20 PM »

Page Thirteen Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #362 on: January 08, 2009, 08:22:55 PM »

Nice to see Bill Hayes as a guest star in one of the segments. This was one of the few episodes where the clues to solve the mystery were in plain sight making the final revelations not such a surprise.

Matt H.

« Reply #363 on: January 08, 2009, 08:23:59 PM »

I watched tonight's UGLY BETTY. Very good episode. I had read a spoiler about the ending which obviously didn't come as a big surprise.

Matt H.

« Reply #364 on: January 08, 2009, 08:26:19 PM »

Next came GREY'S ANATOMY. Interesting cases this week. BUT!!! Way too much bickering in the episode that quickly became tedious. And I am really over this musical beds business and adults sneaking around like kids having sex and keeping it from their friends. So juvenile.

During the broadcast, I visualized myself possibly dropping this show by the end of the season if the writing and plots don't improve.

Matt H.

« Reply #365 on: January 08, 2009, 08:27:41 PM »

And I concluded the evening with tonight's 30 ROCK. I adore Peter Dinklege, and I wish his story had carried on for several episodes.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #366 on: January 08, 2009, 08:31:09 PM »

Next came GREY'S ANATOMY. Interesting cases this week. BUT!!! Way too much bickering in the episode that quickly became tedious. And I am really over this musical beds business and adults sneaking around like kids having sex and keeping it from their friends. So juvenile.

During the broadcast, I visualized myself possibly dropping this show by the end of the season if the writing and plots don't improve.

It's been interesting reading some of the comments on Twitter about the current season of "Grey's Anatomy".  After tonight's episode finished, there were a lot people considering the same thing.

POSSIBLE SPOILER:

*And my favorite new nickname - which I don't think I had seen before:  McGhost.  ;)

Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #367 on: January 08, 2009, 08:32:19 PM »

The Indian Film Festival is in Hollywood in late April, the same time as the April Ray Court's Celebrity Show in Burbank.

Guess I will be planning a trip to Los Angeles that week!!!   ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #368 on: January 08, 2009, 08:32:40 PM »

So...

Did anyone out in CA feel the 5.0 earthquake that was apparently centered in San Bernadino?

*Again, I "heard" about it first on Twitter - it didn't even make the 11:00 news here in NYC.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #369 on: January 08, 2009, 08:37:23 PM »

The sleep part was the right choice.

As for popping a movie in, I don't have the attention span or interest right now.  In movies, or music, or food...and spare me the idea of sweets.  Yuck. 

I guess if I had started the New Year on a diet, this would have been the best way to get into it.

Which reminds me of one my favorite Facebook statuses from the past few days:

...is just a stomach flu away from his ideal weight. ;)

*It's good to know that your new medication is working - and working so soon.  Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #370 on: January 08, 2009, 08:40:47 PM »

Speaking of getting a good night's sleep, I guess I should turn in.  I'm going to take a stab at getting up for work tomorrow.  If I make it though taking a shower, I'll make it to the office.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #371 on: January 08, 2009, 08:47:28 PM »

I'm heading off to bed myself.

Good night!

MBarnum

« Reply #372 on: January 08, 2009, 08:50:03 PM »

I still don't understand this twitter stuff.

MBarnum

« Reply #373 on: January 08, 2009, 08:54:04 PM »

Here is the obituary for Cheryl Holdridge. What a beautiful girl she was!

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-cheryl-holdridge9-2009jan09,0,6897570.story

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #374 on: January 08, 2009, 08:57:40 PM »

I was at dinner but didn't fee the earthquake - I did feel the ineptitude of the Panera waitperson (behind the counter), and it took forever to get my little chicken Caesar sandwich, which was pretty dreadful.  I hadn't had time to go eat today - it was just a non-stop day, so I made an English muffin, had a biscotti, and some fruit snacks, and then the dreadful sandwich.  I'm still hungry and I might go out later or make some eggs here. 

MBarnum

« Reply #375 on: January 08, 2009, 08:58:12 PM »

.......And Olga San Juan passed away Saturday at St Joseph's Medical Center in Burbank. She was 81.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #376 on: January 08, 2009, 08:58:54 PM »

The meeting with Sean went very well.  We don't really have time to create his full-blown show for his February Palm Springs gig, so I had him bring me a list of 40 songs, and by the end of our meeting I'd narrowed it down to a firm 14 with three alternates.  So, we'll create a show for this gig, and then enlarge upon it for his real two-act show.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #377 on: January 08, 2009, 08:59:18 PM »

I still don't understand this twitter stuff.

I'm still figuring some of the working of it too, but... For breaking news stories, it seems to be the place where those stories a broken.  There was even a story in the New York Times this week about how news organizations are starting to sign onto and monitor Twitter for breaking news.  *ABC News just announced that N.J. Burkett would be Twitter-ing from the Middle East.  It's been fascinating reading his Tweets from the past few days: http://twitter.com/njburkett
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #378 on: January 08, 2009, 09:00:47 PM »

The garage looks amazing, and Trash Hauler hauled a huge amount of crap out of here.  I'd found about forty books I wanted in the house (mostly rare film books), and I had Handyman Doug rearrange my storage space above the bedroom closet and he got everything up there perfectly.  All that's left are two boxes for me to go through at my leisure, and to put some movie memorabilia away.  I left spaces for several boxes out in the garage, so if I need to move anything back out there I'm covered.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #379 on: January 08, 2009, 09:04:04 PM »

The garage looks amazing, and Trash Hauler hauled a huge amount of crap out of here.  I'd found about forty books I wanted in the house (mostly rare film books), and I had Handyman Doug rearrange my storage space above the bedroom closet and he got everything up there perfectly.  All that's left are two boxes for me to go through at my leisure, and to put some movie memorabilia away.  I left spaces for several boxes out in the garage, so if I need to move anything back out there I'm covered.

bk - I forget... Did you get rid of/stop using your two storage spaces?
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #380 on: January 08, 2009, 09:06:58 PM »

....oh one more.....actor/film maker Cash Flagg (aka Ray Dennis Steckler) died this week as well...he directed and starred in the infamous 1964 film THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO STOPPED LIVING AND BECAME MIXED UP ZOMBIES as well as THE THRILL KILLERS and others

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #381 on: January 08, 2009, 09:12:47 PM »

Hail the Florida Gators -- National Champions in NCAA Football for 2008.

They beat the Oklahoma Sooners 24-14 in tonight's BCS championship game in Miami.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #382 on: January 08, 2009, 09:15:51 PM »

I didn't enjoy the whole "family vs. Betty's job" vibe in tonight's "Ugly Betty" episode.

Despite the ending, Betty chose the correct things to do in all situations, IMO.

It reminds me of the boyfriend/friends conflicts in "The Devil Wears Prada".

Yes, sometimes hard choices have to be made and it can upset the status quo.  But that's the reality in work situations today.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #383 on: January 08, 2009, 09:40:08 PM »

DR JMK, are they inside the church?

Yes, which had filled up.  They built an outside one while I was there, which is when I finally clued in as to what the inside ones were.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #384 on: January 08, 2009, 09:56:28 PM »

And...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #385 on: January 08, 2009, 10:11:22 PM »

There was an earthquake?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #386 on: January 08, 2009, 10:46:38 PM »

I still have the two storage spaces, which are crammed with crap.  Maybe that's the next job for Handyman Doug - a complete reorganization of storage space 2 - where I have all the sheet music, cds, and everything that was in my office.  There are boxes in the back of that space that I haven't seen since 2001.  Yes, I think I just may do that and get rid of a lot of extraneous stuff - and there are important books there and magazines.  So, perhaps next week we'll do that.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up