Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: A PIECE OF MAHLER'S  (Read 30411 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: A PIECE OF MAHLER'S
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2009, 09:55:05 AM »

And now...to work! 

Hey, it's a new page! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2009, 09:55:15 AM »

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2009, 09:58:51 AM »

HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS TO THE DEARLY MISSED TPUNK!!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2009, 10:00:08 AM »

It is cold here on the Island of Long - 20 degrees - of course it is probably balmy compared to what Cilla is experiencing!

vixmom

« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2009, 10:00:49 AM »

Re GWB's news conference I was watching Regis & Kelly and they preempted the entire show

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2009, 10:06:26 AM »

I'm not sure where we've had the best fries or rings.

There's a place down towards the boardwalk called Thrasher's, that serves fries and just fries.  No ketchup, but you can add salt and vinegar.  They're very popular, but I've always found them kinda limp.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2009, 10:06:27 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And I guess I just really needed that much sleep.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2009, 10:07:38 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TPUNK!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2009, 10:08:09 AM »

I have also been watching one of those home improvement shows over the past few days

(it comes on while I am digesting my can) it is called "Save my Bath"  a designer and crew come in and help dome homeowners redo their bath, though from what I understand teh homeowners foor the bill... and what bills!  $20,000 $25,000 $30,000 to redo a bathroom!

Now some of the bathrooms turn out GAWJUS as PennyO would say, but really do you need to spend that much money on a 5 x 12 foot space?!

For $30,000 I could redo the entire first floor of my house...of course I wouldn't be buying the tub with the built in "therapy colored lighting" and I wouldn't have spray nozzles from head to foot in the shower and my tile would not be imported from  Italy and handpainted by a grand master

Guess I am just cheap.

vixmom

« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2009, 10:11:06 AM »

TOD:

There is a little family run Cafe in the Village of Babylon on the South Shore of the Island of Long called "Tricia's Cafe" 

They make the absolute best homemade sweet potato fries which they serve with a hot homemade maple/brown sugar dipping sauce... so good!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2009, 10:12:24 AM »

No, Vixmom, you are being sensible. 

Something the creators of these television extravaganzas don't need to be. 

Ever.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2009, 10:14:05 AM »

I wonder if I can get the "Save My Bath" people to do my bathroom.  All I want them to do is repaper it and replace two or three cracked tiles.  That should cost about $300--400 tops?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2009, 10:14:18 AM »

As for a "piece of Mahler's"...

I've just always wondered if that flute lick that follows "and one for Mahler" is from a piece of Mahler's. ???
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2009, 10:16:36 AM »

No AMERICAN IDOL for me at least until the Hollywood rounds. This is exactly how I did it last year (though I did watch the audition round held in Charleston, SC since I'm a native of SC and have been to Charleston many times). I'm going to be curious to see how Paula reacts to another female on the panel over the course of the season.

I would suspect that her and paula would get along well. They have been friends for a long time.

I am definitely going to watch IDOL, although i often ff thru the bad performances.

Hollywood is my favorite round. And i like to see which contestants in Hollywood were featured during the auditions.

vixmom

« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2009, 10:17:26 AM »

I was very dozy yesterday - I kept falling asleep in the recliner and then ended up going to bed by 10 PM and slept through until 6 - (well I did wake up once for a drink of ice water)

This morning I fell asleep for another 2 hours after having my first can of the day

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2009, 10:20:28 AM »

DR Vixmom, you are eleven posts away from 11111 on your odometer.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2009, 10:20:54 AM »

I love it that Fey reads the internet.  I think her identifying certain internet flamers by name was brilliant.  I think some folks need to be acknowledged for the ugly things they write on the internet. 

There's always someone looking for someone/something to vilify, and that sometimes makes the internet a very pissy place.

Even though during her speech it did not necessarily sound like Tina Fey was naming off her real internet foes, i still love it that she reads the internet.

And i agree with DR RonP, i think it was funny that tina named people by name. And i also agree that some people use anonymity to say really nasty things. Whether they like her or not there is no need to be cruel. 

Ben

« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2009, 10:22:08 AM »

Anthony will be leaving for a journey back to Wisconsin on about February 5th or 6th to do The Fantasticks at Fireside Dinner Theatre. He will be there until April 20th.

I will be heading out to Fort Atkinson, via Madison on March 27th to see said Anthony in said production. I will return to New York on March 31. I am officially booked with a very good ticket price and a nonstop flight. Let's hope the weather holds out until March 27.

What part is he playing?

He's playing Bellomy, Luisa's father. He's the one who says "You're...standing...in...my...kumquats!!!"

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2009, 10:22:15 AM »

No AMERICAN IDOL for me at least until the Hollywood rounds. This is exactly how I did it last year (though I did watch the audition round held in Charleston, SC since I'm a native of SC and have been to Charleston many times). I'm going to be curious to see how Paula reacts to another female on the panel over the course of the season.

I would suspect that her and paula would get along well. They have been friends for a long time.

I am definitely going to watch IDOL, although i often ff thru the bad performances.

Hollywood is my favorite round. And i like to see which contestants in Hollywood were featured during the auditions.

The new judge, Kara DioGuardi, was on Letterman last night.  She seemed very kind, like a  non-loopy Paula Abdul.  I'm just wondering if her addition to the panel will mean that Simon will be, can be a bit more bitchy, mean-spirited and "real" this season. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2009, 10:23:20 AM »

I wonder if I can get the "Save My Bath" people to do my bathroom.  All I want them to do is repaper it and replace two or three cracked tiles.  That should cost about $300--400 tops?

LOL.   Many years ago , back when Bob Vila was still doing "This Old House" he was making a personal appearance at a local tool show which Vixdad and I attended.

I wnet up to him and asked if they ever considered doing 'This Regular Person's House" with appliances and wallpaper and tiling from Sears or Home Depot.  I said the projects were womderful but the cost of renovating one or two rooms was often more than the price of an average person's home.

He looked at me like I had 2 heads and said something along the lines of. "Thanks for watching "

vixmom

« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2009, 10:24:18 AM »

Hmmm I wonder if I can think of anything clever to say... probably not

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2009, 10:25:34 AM »

Hopefully pictures of THE FANTASTICKS will be on the inner web soon so that we can see them.

Even with problems....I loved played Mortimer......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2009, 10:25:52 AM »

Hmmm I wonder if I can think of anything clever to say... probably not

My money is on you, DR VIXMOM.

vixmom

« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2009, 10:25:56 AM »

Anthony will be leaving for a journey back to Wisconsin on about February 5th or 6th to do The Fantasticks at Fireside Dinner Theatre. He will be there until April 20th.

I will be heading out to Fort Atkinson, via Madison on March 27th to see said Anthony in said production. I will return to New York on March 31. I am officially booked with a very good ticket price and a nonstop flight. Let's hope the weather holds out until March 27.

What part is he playing?

He's playing Bellomy, Luisa's father. He's the one who says "You're...standing...in...my...kumquats!!!"

Oh he has that wonderful song then - I love 'Never Say No"

Please give him my love and Break a Leg Vibes!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2009, 10:28:19 AM »

What part is he playing?

Did he practice saying that line with you standing in his kumquats?   :D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2009, 10:29:43 AM »

What part is he playing?

I couldn't quite imagine him playing Luisa.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2009, 10:32:55 AM »

Back from Toyland and happy to be home. Except for Nos 5, 7, 8, 8a, and 8b, all of which are with the music prep supervisor, all of Act one is completely proofed and ready for perusal. I've got some notes to update and then I'm back to Mr Loesser's score.

I'm debating about doing laundry this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Tomorrow, I believe
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2009, 10:34:57 AM »

Thank you for the "just because" vibes, Ron :-*

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2009, 10:35:11 AM »

...like a  non-loopy Paula Abdul....
No such beastie exists.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2009, 10:35:22 AM »

When I was growing up, Monday was always wash day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up